The Announcements Directory
you guys can't move the wiki, because my school blocked the new webpage
when green flag clicked
help help help :: #FF0000
the wiki has fully moved :: cap ##000000
if you ever want to join one of my groups:: #FF00000 hat
ask in the comments :: #1AA0DF
and i will send you an invitation!:: #0000CC cap
The Announcements Directory
Updated all announcements.
What is the Announcements Forum?
The official description of this forum by the Scratch Team states that it is a forum where the community can receive “updates from the Scratch Team”. This forum is where official announcements by the Scratch Team are made, and users can comment on these for a short while afterward. The forum contains scratch video updates, Wiki Wednesday updates, new rules and regulations, and any other information which the Scratch Team wishes to share with the community.
Who can post on the Announcements Forum?
The Scratch Team members are the only users allowed to create new threads in the forum. Any User may post on these forums, although the Scratch Team usually closes them down after a few days/weeks of open commenting.
The Announcement Forum Directory
In case you do not wish to scroll through every post to find a specific announcement, here they are grouped by category and by creation date. The newest posts are at the top of each category, while the oldest are at the bottom.
- Browser Extension/Userscript Policy
- “Music Sharing” Projects
- “Face Reveal” Projects
- Collaboration and Shared Accounts
- Five Nights at Freddy's
- Updates to Following and Followers
- Add Everything & Displaying Number of Projects in Studios
- Trademark and the Scratch online community
- What will happen to your stuff on Beta?
The Flash Player:
- Update Flash Player
- Flash Player Security Issue
- Scratch & Flash Player Compatability
- 8/30/13: Update on lag caused by Adobe Flash pulling support for pixel-bender.
- Some projects laggy due to pesky change in Adobe Flashplayer
Offline Editor Updates:
- Updates to Offline Editor for Linux
- Scratch 2.0 Offline Open Source Code!
- Important Update for Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor
- New version of the Scratch 2 Offline Editor (v370)
- Updated Scratch 2 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available!
- Scratch 2.0 Offline Editor (Beta) is now available!
- Offline Editor Initial Version - Coming Soon!
LEGO WeDo & Picoboard Extensions:
- Wiki Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- Wiki Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- Wiki Wednesday, January 31, 2018
- Wiki Wednesday, December 27, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, August 30, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, May 31, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- Wiki Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Wiki Wednesday, October 27, 2016
- Wiki Wednesday, September 28, 2016
- Wiki Wednesday, August 31, 2016
- Wiki Wednesday, July 27th, 2016
- Wiki Wednesday, June 29, 2016
- Wiki Wednesday, May 25, 2016
- Wiki Wednesday, April 27, 2016
- Wiki Wednesday, March 30, 2016
- Wiki Wednesday!
Scratch Video Updates:
- Scratch Video Update: Episode 23
- Scratch Video Update: Episode 22
- Scratch Video Update: Ep. 21
- Scratch Video Update: Ep. 20
- Scratch Video Update: Ep. 19
- Scratch Video Update: Episode 18
- Scratch Video Update: Episode 17
- Scratch Video Update: Episode 16
- Scratch Video Update: Episode 14
- Scratch Video Update: Episode 13
- Scratch Video Update: Episode 12
- Scratch Video Update: Episode 11
- Scratch Video Update #10
- Scratch Video Update #9
- Scratch Video Update #8
- Scratch Video Update #7 (May 15, 2015)
- Scratch Video Update #6 (April 17, 2015)
- Scratch Video Update #5 (Mar 13, 2015)
- Scratch Video Update #4 (Feb 27, 2015)
- Scratch Video Update Episode #4 Postponed to Feb. 27
- Scratch Video Update (Feb 6, 2015)
- Scratch Video Update (Jan 23, 2015)
- Untitled-1: Scratch Video Update (Dec 5, 2014)
- Happy April Fool's Day!
- Scratch in Space!
- Activities on the Homepage!
- Scratch in Space!
- Changes to the Scratch Welcoming Committee
- Celebrating Scratch Camp 2017!
- Scratch Camp: Down Deep!
- Happy Birthday, Scratch!
- Mascots In Training (MIT)
- New Activities on the Homepage!
- Make it Fly!
- Scratch Cat Goes on Vacation
- Hour of Code 2015
- Update on Front Page Curator Program
- Happy Anniversary to Scratch!
- Scratch Day 2015!
- Scratch + Hour of Code, December 8-14
- Coding with Scratch Class
- Announcing our newest language translation: “Meow!”
- Welcome, New Scratch Team members!
- Scratch is featured in ‘Hour of Code’, Dec. 9 - 15
- Update on volunteer programs
- Transitioning the volunteer community moderators program
- old CM announcement
- Old forums archive
- Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage
- Welcome to Scratch 2.0!
- Scratch 2.0 will be released on May 9
- Pico (Scratch Character) missing…
- Pre-transition info about the transition to Scratch 2.0 thread! (closed)
- The New Scratch Wiki
- Scratch Accessibility for Low-vision and Blind Users
- How do Scratch glitches get fixed? A story….
- Your Questions about Scratch 2.0
- 5 Things to Know about Scratch 2.0
- Cloud variables disabled in early part of the beta
Scratch 2.0 Testing:
- Opt-in to help test the beta project player!
- More testing please!
- Did you try the ‘test player’ and see dark colors?
- How do other online communities notify you about things?
- Help us improve remix trees!
- Please test this website on mobile devices, and give suggestions for improvements!
- Please help test uploads to beta from Scratch 1.4!
- Please help test everything on this site starting Sunday evening (EST) - Monday 12:00 (EST)
- “Alpha” is now “Beta”!
- Updates to Messages Page
- New ways to get started with Scratch!
- Updating Translation System & “Meow” & “Edible” Languages
- Update to Notes & Credits
- Updates! July 8, 2016
- Scratch + Google
- Updates January 29th, 2016
- Updates December 21st, 2015
- Updates! October 26, 2015
- Updates! September 28th, 2015
- Updates! July 15th, 2015
- Updates! June 8th, 2015
- Updates! May 13, 2015
- Updates! April 16th, 2015
- Updates! March 25th, 2015
- Updates! March 5th, 2015
- Updates! Feb 13th, 2015
- Updates! January 20th, 2015
- Updates! December 17th, 2014
- Updates! December 1st, 2014
- Updates! November 12th, 2014
- Updates: October 29th, 2014!
- Updates! October 15th, 2014
- Updates! September 24th, 2014
- Updates! September 11th, 2014
- Updates! August 27th, 2014
- Updates! July 23rd, 2014
- Updates! 22 May 2014
- Updates! August 13th, 2014
- Updates! July 9 2014
- Updates! June 18 2014
- 4 June 2014: Updates! Lots of fixes for the editor, and improvements in the website
- Updates! Fixes for pesky editor glitches, speedups..
- 2/13/14 Updates!
- 2/6/14 Updates! Little optimizations and fixes…
- 1/10/14 Updates! (And new beta project player!)
- Pull down menu for ScratchBlocks2~!
- Changes to Studio permissions released!
- Updates! 31 October
- We're seeking contributors to help finish our HTML5 Scratch player (now open sourced!)
- Updates! 24 October 2013: Optimizations, new server
- Updates! 15 October: More optimizations
- Updates! 3 October 2013: Working on speeding things up…
- Updates! 27 Sept. 2013: Lots of tiny fixes, tags on the explore page…
- Upcoming changes to studio permissions: Owners and Curators
- Forums have a “Follow” button!
- Updates! 17 September 2013: Messages system changes, following threads in the discussions forums…
- New scratchblocks tag
- 29 August 2013 Updates!
- Online updates Aug. 22, 2013
- Updates! 8 august 2013
- 1 August 2013 Updates
- 7/25/13 Updates
- 11 July 2013 Changes…
- 18 July 2013 Changes…
- 7/3/13 Updates….
- 6/20/13: Updates to the editor, paint editor, and website..
- 6/13/13: Even moar updates to editor and website!
- 6/6/2013 Fixes and features released!
- 5/30/13: Updates to the editor and website!
- 5/22/13 Updates to the website
- 5/16/13 Updates to the Scratch 2.0 website!
- Commenting disabled for a bit….
- 5/10/13 Updates to the Scratch website!
- 5/3/2013: Updates to the site and editor, phew.
- 4/30/13: Updates to Editor and Site
- 4/26/13: Updates to site, editor, and forums!
- 4/23/13: Updates to site and editor
- Video Blocks
- 4/18/13: Updates to the site and editor
- 4/10/13: Updates to site, editor, forums
- 4/3/13: Updates to the website, editor
- 3/27/13: Updates to website, paint editor, forums
- 3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website
- Update on Cloud variables
- 3/13/13: Updates to paint editor, project player, website.
- How the Reshape Tool works (including advanced features)
- 3/7/13: Updates to Website, Vector Paint Editor
- 2/27/13: Updates to Paint Editor and Website
- Rethinking the Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor
- 2/21/13: Updates to Paint Editor and Website
- 2/21/13: Updates to the Forums
- 2/19/13: Updates to the editor and website.
- 2/14/13: Updates to the project player and forums!
- 2/6/13: Fresh code deployed to beta!
- 2/9/13: Updates to Studio, Paint Editor, Website
- 2/6/13: Fresh code deployed to beta!
- Updates to the website and editor!
- Updates to the 2.0 Forums
- Lots of little updates coming over the next few days – Please clear cache if you see something strange.
Scratch Site Availability/Downtime:
- Website Issues & Scheduled Downtime Nov. 24th 8-11pm EST
- Scratch Site Availability & Performance Problems
- Scheduled Maintenance on Sunday, March 29th at 2pm EDT
- Downtime for server upgrades, Wednesday 25 June 7:00 p.m. EDT (UTC -4)
- Site offline during server maintenance, starting 8 p.m. EDT (UTC-4) Wednesday, 4 June.
- Scratch website down for maintenance Saturday April 19, 1 p.m. EDT (UTC -4)
- Scheduled downtime for maintenance: starting 10 p.m. EDT (UTC -4) Saturday March 22
- D'Oh! Some downtime this morning…
- Scratch temporarily offline 9 pm EDT, Thursday Sept. 5 2013
- Downtime for server maintenance 7/18
- Downtime for server maintenance, tonight.
- Temporary glitch with costumes and sounds
- Scheduled maintenance
- Performance problems
- Brief downtime Wednesday May 22, 3 p.m. EDT (UTC -4)
- Preparing for the transfer is slowing down the site..
- Downtime approx. 7 a.m. EDT Tuesday 3/19/13
Written by MakeTheBrainHappy, WolfCat67, bigpuppy, jromagnoli, and customhacker. The banner was made by rainbow132, customhacker, and pianogirl84.
Last edited by jromagnoli (April 26, 2018 16:18:08)
I like making quality, challenging platformers! Please check them out! Don't like platformers? There's always art and other games!
If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!