Discuss Scratch

Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pawzone- I think it might be a webcomic?? I still don’t know ripp

elsa6126 wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

You know what? Since I'm bored, I'm going to give y'all an excerpt of the prologue…
…Badly translated.

“I slept in bed to sleep, in addition to the entropy that ceased to do anything meaningful, in addition to Cato and before my alarm clock rang the alarm has started, I did not. Everyone is a high clock, flashing rings, but again, we do not know why. With the ring, I was able to slow down the entropy, trapped in my front paws on the track next to the bed, look down my partner, best friend, and my friends and other people I think of a person is male friend Cato. Curiously, also male. I tried to tell them that we never considered dating, especially in love with their girlfriend and my opposite *. In their lost parents, after ”strange accident“ sister and natural tail, they naturally one of the cases of PTSD. I tried to calm the one for the outbreak. Every time I have the poor cat, this may be the place everyone has the atmosphere of dating, even friends shook hands and hugged each other is normal. ”Hey!“ I am pleased to say that Cato complained sadly. ”What is it …?“ Cato is asleep, ”Today is the last day of school ~!“ When I say that, when Cato rose with laziness. At that moment, I had moved a lot. When we took a bath to brush our teeth, they took turns to go to the bathroom, we all went to the bathroom. After that, we met Cato's girlfriend, the door opened.”

What the heck just happened.

That's so good!
And this is badly translated haha

Net Neutrality is done and over with and we still have free speech so yay
And knuckles.
Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The finals are in
It's a novel series
And by “novel” I mean ~175-250 pages xD

Chapter 1 is 10,138 characters long, which compared to the first SV chapter (1,505 characters) is an extra 8,633 characters and 6.74 times as long.

Last edited by Smiley100P (June 18, 2017 20:41:58)

And knuckles.
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Smiley100P wrote:

You know what? Since I'm bored, I'm going to give y'all an excerpt of the prologue…
…Badly translated.

“I slept in bed to sleep, in addition to the entropy that ceased to do anything meaningful, in addition to Cato and before my alarm clock rang the alarm has started, I did not. Everyone is a high clock, flashing rings, but again, we do not know why. With the ring, I was able to slow down the entropy, trapped in my front paws on the track next to the bed, look down my partner, best friend, and my friends and other people I think of a person is male friend Cato. Curiously, also male. I tried to tell them that we never considered dating, especially in love with their girlfriend and my opposite *. In their lost parents, after ”strange accident“ sister and natural tail, they naturally one of the cases of PTSD. I tried to calm the one for the outbreak. Every time I have the poor cat, this may be the place everyone has the atmosphere of dating, even friends shook hands and hugged each other is normal. ”Hey!“ I am pleased to say that Cato complained sadly. ”What is it …?“ Cato is asleep, ”Today is the last day of school ~!“ When I say that, when Cato rose with laziness. At that moment, I had moved a lot. When we took a bath to brush our teeth, they took turns to go to the bathroom, we all went to the bathroom. After that, we met Cato's girlfriend, the door opened.”

All I can think is that this is the actual book, reformatted to look like it's been badly translated.

Really the book is something like:
As I slept in my bed so I could sleep, the entropy continued to do nothing. In addition, Cato was there before my alarm clock rang. While the alarm had started, I did not.

Suddenly, I walked outside, to see everyone had been turned into a very tall clock, with flashing rings, and I didn't have the slightest idea why. I suddenly realized that these strange rings could control the entropy that had been useless up until now. Trapped in my paws, I look at my partner, my best friends, my other friends, and think that they are all my male friend Cato.
10/10

(In all seriousness though, from the bit I can gather out of the wreck of the translation this looks awesome. )

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tymewalk wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

…Badly translated.

All I can think is that this is the actual book, reformatted to look like it's been badly translated.

Really the book is something like:
As I slept in my bed so I could sleep, the entropy continued to do nothing. In addition, Cato was there before my alarm clock rang. While the alarm had started, I did not.

Suddenly, I walked outside, to see everyone had been turned into a very tall clock, with flashing rings, and I didn't have the slightest idea why. I suddenly realized that these strange rings could control the entropy that had been useless up until now. Trapped in my paws, I look at my partner, my best friends, my other friends, and think that they are all my male friend Cato.
10/10

(In all seriousness though, from the bit I can gather out of the wreck of the translation this looks awesome. )
…That is absolutely hilarious.
And gave me an idea for a magic power, of course.
…That Neko won't have lol

And knuckles.
ThePalmTree_
Scratcher
100+ posts

Smiley100P wrote:

Guys guys guys

I had the most wonderful day

(2003.35 Hours) Smiley100P: Hi!!!!!
(2004.19 Hours) Smiley100P: My self-esteem is never higher!
(2004.26 Hours) Floofy: aaa
(2004.29 Hours) Floofy: *confetti*
(2004.43 Hours) Floofy: why are you so happy all of a sudden?
(2005.00 Hours) Smiley100P: Everything went well!
(2005.11 Hours) Smiley100P: Everything went perfectly!
(2005.21 Hours) Floofy: what did you do
(2006.02 Hours) Smiley100P: It was our final day of the camp
(2006.08 Hours) Floofy: mhm
(2006.09 Hours) Smiley100P: And there was a showcase, right?
(2006.15 Hours) Floofy: right
(2006.29 Hours) Smiley100P: My gf and her family was there
(2006.35 Hours) Smiley100P: Along with my family
(2006.47 Hours) Smiley100P: And they got along perfectly!
(2006.56 Hours) Floofy: *more confetti
(2007.14 Hours) Smiley100P: We also did a cool dance. And I died.
(2007.29 Hours) Smiley100P: But I didn't die.
(2007.45 Hours) Smiley100P: But I did.
(2007.47 Hours) Floofy:
(2007.49 Hours) Smiley100P: But whatever!
(2008.22 Hours) Smiley100P: And I also got a card and guess what I got for it?
(2008.24 Hours) Smiley100P: $100.
(2008.31 Hours) Smiley100P: Enough to get the switch.
(2009.02 Hours) Floofy: wowowowoowowowoowow
(2010.18 Hours) Smiley100P: Ikr!?
(2011.02 Hours) Smiley100P: My expectations were exceptionally low bc I was going to spend 11 hours away from you guys
(2011.39 Hours) Smiley100P: And 11+ more tomorrow bc I'm going on a trip
(2011.50 Hours) Smiley100P: But yes aaaaa
okay?
Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ThePalmTree_ wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

Guys guys guys

I had the most wonderful day

(2003.35 Hours) Smiley100P: Hi!!!!!
(2004.19 Hours) Smiley100P: My self-esteem is never higher!
(2004.26 Hours) Floofy: aaa
(2004.29 Hours) Floofy: *confetti*
(2004.43 Hours) Floofy: why are you so happy all of a sudden?
(2005.00 Hours) Smiley100P: Everything went well!
(2005.11 Hours) Smiley100P: Everything went perfectly!
(2005.21 Hours) Floofy: what did you do
(2006.02 Hours) Smiley100P: It was our final day of the camp
(2006.08 Hours) Floofy: mhm
(2006.09 Hours) Smiley100P: And there was a showcase, right?
(2006.15 Hours) Floofy: right
(2006.29 Hours) Smiley100P: My gf and her family was there
(2006.35 Hours) Smiley100P: Along with my family
(2006.47 Hours) Smiley100P: And they got along perfectly!
(2006.56 Hours) Floofy: *more confetti
(2007.14 Hours) Smiley100P: We also did a cool dance. And I died.
(2007.29 Hours) Smiley100P: But I didn't die.
(2007.45 Hours) Smiley100P: But I did.
(2007.47 Hours) Floofy:
(2007.49 Hours) Smiley100P: But whatever!
(2008.22 Hours) Smiley100P: And I also got a card and guess what I got for it?
(2008.24 Hours) Smiley100P: $100.
(2008.31 Hours) Smiley100P: Enough to get the switch.
(2009.02 Hours) Floofy: wowowowoowowowoowow
(2010.18 Hours) Smiley100P: Ikr!?
(2011.02 Hours) Smiley100P: My expectations were exceptionally low bc I was going to spend 11 hours away from you guys
(2011.39 Hours) Smiley100P: And 11+ more tomorrow bc I'm going on a trip
(2011.50 Hours) Smiley100P: But yes aaaaa
okay?
That day was awesome.

And knuckles.
TheMusicalMuse
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ok, I don't want to be mean or anything, no offence, but that prologue was rather badly formatted, some sentences are a bit oddly worded, you used the wrong tense sometimes (is it present or past? I can't tell, I think it's past?), and perhaps you used too many commas. I would recommend that you use indents and paragraphs, shorten those sentences and/or take away unnecessary commas, and try reading it aloud to yourself to see if it makes sense. Also, I'm not sure if HarperCollins will take any books you submit to them, I think they'll only take them if they're good enough. To be honest, I don't really understand the paragraph. Again, no offence, this is just meant to be constructive criticism.
Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheMusicalMuse wrote:

Ok, I don't want to be mean or anything, no offence, but that prologue was rather badly formatted, some sentences are a bit oddly worded, you used the wrong tense sometimes (is it present or past? I can't tell, I think it's past?), and perhaps you used too many commas. I would recommend that you use indents and paragraphs, shorten those sentences and/or take away unnecessary commas, and try reading it aloud to yourself to see if it makes sense. Also, I'm not sure if HarperCollins will take any books you submit to them, I think they'll only take them if they're good enough. To be honest, I don't really understand the paragraph. Again, no offence, this is just meant to be constructive criticism.
That's because it was badly translated.

And knuckles.
TheMusicalMuse
Scratcher
100+ posts

Smiley100P wrote:

TheMusicalMuse wrote:

Translated from what? I didn't really bother to read all that text at the start. I know I'm a bit dumb.
Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheMusicalMuse wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

TheMusicalMuse wrote:

Translated from what? I didn't really bother to read all that text at the start. I know I'm a bit dumb.
From English. To mandarin, then Spanish, then back to English.

And knuckles.
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

TheMusicalMuse wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

TheMusicalMuse wrote:

You don't know what Bad Translator is?

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

favorite quote: “A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.”
star sign: cancer
Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Chapter 2 has 5,938 characters and it was mostly improvised.
I think I'm doing really well on this.

And knuckles.
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey, would you mind posting the prologue in TBG Chat (or a link to pastebin) in we're both there? I'd like to see it.

Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Chapter 3 gets 6,445 characters, which, while it's not the longest chapter so far, is the longest chapter with mostly unplanned events. A lot of chapter 1 is planned.

And knuckles.
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

Smiley100P wrote:

Chapter 3 gets 6,445 characters, which, while it's not the longest chapter so far, is the longest chapter with mostly unplanned events. A lot of chapter 1 is planned.
Ok??

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

favorite quote: “A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.”
Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CellularData wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

Ok??
Yeah.
Is there something you don't understand…?

And knuckles.
CellularData
Scratcher
500+ posts

Smiley100P wrote:

CellularData wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

Ok??
Yeah.
I don't really know why you've been sharing the amount of characters for each chapter…

Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CellularData wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

CellularData wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

Ok??
Yeah.
I don't really know why you've been sharing the amount of characters for each chapter…
…Me neither!

And knuckles.
LumaiWheatley
Scratcher
100+ posts

Smiley100P wrote:

CellularData wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

CellularData wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

Ok??
Yeah.
…Me neither!

you know i once put 10,000 fully fledged out characters with names and stories in my first chapter i think you can learn from me

aside form the sarcasm, good job!
sounds good, might buy the books when/if they come out.

Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LumaiWheatley wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

CellularData wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

CellularData wrote:

Smiley100P wrote:

Ok??
Yeah.
…Me neither!

you know i once put 10,000 fully fledged out characters with names and stories in my first chapter i think you can learn from me

aside form the sarcasm, good job!
sounds good, might buy the books when/if they come out.
***huge emphasis on if seeing a bunch of other crappy factors***

Also, welcome to the fandom!

And knuckles.