Scratcher
13 posts

Is Scratch blocked in China?

It isn't blocked. I tried it
yy8erig
Scratcher
7 posts

yes there is scratch, but its on a different website. Lets just say, that the good project vs low effort project ratio is different from the ratio we have here. I forget the website, but it is accessible in 2019 at the very least.
MapMaths
Scratcher
14 posts

It's slow to open Scratch here in China now, but you can still open it
Fupicat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yy8erig wrote:

yes there is scratch, but its on a different website. Lets just say, that the good project vs low effort project ratio is different from the ratio we have here. I forget the website, but it is accessible in 2019 at the very least.
There are some chinese Scratch clones like https://bianchengla.youyu.im/ and https://www.haohaodada.com/ so I always assumed Scratch was banned.
Most of the projects there are just famous projects stolen from Scratch. In fact, I found out these sites existed because I was googling my username and found copies of one of my projects on these websites.

Scratch---Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch is not blocked in China.

Download Scratch 2.0 | Check your messages | Check my messages
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you want to subscribe to this forum topic, please click the
{} Follow Discussion :: ring sensing
button below this forum post! Thanks!

NOTANO0B
Scratcher
100+ posts

I live in china, but i use a VPN. as for if it is blocked or not, the short answer is no, but you can expect it to take about 3-5 hours to load. Just use a vpn, makes it much faster. (**** the firewall)

CHECK OUT MY PROJECT COME ON CLICK MY PROFiLE DUDE COME ON CLICK IT WOOOOO WE ARE aLLOWED TO ADVERTISE HERE SO CHECK IT OUT THE PUBG CLICKER IS EPIC LOOK AT IT LOOK JUST LOOK TOTALLY WORTH YOUR TIME YES I WILL NOT STOP COME ON BRO CLICK CLICK CLICK DO IT YESSSSS COME ON FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT mORE YAYYYYYYYYYYY DO IT cHECK IT oUT CLICK ZA_CHARY SAID WE COULD ADVERTISE So CLICK IT TRY MY GAMES DO IT EVEN IF YOURE MAD AT ME YOURE GONNA HAVE TO lEAVE AN ANGRY COMMENT DOODE REMEMBER IF YOU LIKE IT THAN fOLLoW ME THANNKS lOl JUST TRY IT oUT wOO HOO COme ON NO HURTING IN THAT!!
THANKS FOR READING, DID YOU GET THE CODE?!
HyperGamerStudios
Scratcher
100+ posts

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

I've been to China twice and have used Scratch there.

Now it's 2017 and I want to know if Scratch is now blocked. I'm going to spend most of my summer in China, due to family obligations.

NOTE: Don't tell me to use VPNs. They're now illegal in China.
It is not blocked in china

Check out my “Several Trashy Nights” game series!!!

ALSO MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEW MOST POPULAR GAME FLAPPY BIRD!!! IT WAS FRONT-PAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (GRIFFPATCH VIEWED IT TOO!!!!!!) https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/380783037/
aKidCalledAris
Scratcher
67 posts

All of you: this post was originally made in 2017. Please don't necropost (post on an old topic).

consume coding!
[ B ] ORIGINAL SERIES
Activity & Stats
A - “…” progress: Remix 5 (hosted by _-PixyOS-_)
F - waiting
L - waiting
T - “longwind vs. toxic” progress: Remix 27
B - [ B ] Prologue Chapter IV “Airships” progress: Remix 22
OurPrincess
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aKidCalledAris wrote:

All of you: this post was originally made in 2017. Please don't necropost (post on an old topic).
It's not really necroposting, though.. the necroposter said something that was beneficial to the discussion and wasn't said before.

I am officially reopening my account. I decided this is the best way to go.
-GentooPenguin-
Scratcher
100+ posts

I don't think Scratch is blocked in China as there are plenty of Scratchers who say they live there.