Discuss Scratch

ForeverAnAuthor
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writings :)

(uh. Sorry. Accidentally made another comment…)

Last edited by ForeverAnAuthor (March 30, 2017 09:42:43)

Friends are like stars… You don't always see them…
But they are always there for you
ForeverAnAuthor
Scratcher
100+ posts

ForeverAnAuthor wrote:

TigerAlpaca wrote:

The world
Chapter 1

Ellie awoke on the floor of her apartment. In her side there was a dull ache from where she had been stabbed by a knife. She figured that she must have pasted out from excessive blood loss. She looked around for her brother and sisters, they weren't there. “Tobias? Evelyn? Amber? Lily? Fern?” she called in a hoarse voice. “Ember? Raven? Octavia? Maple?” she continued calling for her siblings. The floor blurred out of focus as she slumped back down. She was aware of faint voices, but that was the last she remembered…….

She awoke again in a laboratory room. Her head and side ached. The professor stared at her and muttered to himself:
“To much. No more than 50 milli-litres.” Ellie had wide eyes and he turned to her. “Nice to meet you. But you really shouldn't have survived that much poison. It's impossible!”

“What?”

“I said it wasn't possible!”

“I am a hybrid,” she pointed out.

“Maybe they should have called you ‘Mary Sue’.” She elbowed him and he groaned, “Your elbows hurt.”

“Go figure,” she muttered.

“Now stop this. I need to perform tests on you. To see why you're not affected by the poison.”

“Почему вы хотите сделать что вы ублюдок?” She muttered.

“Cука.” He replied, “See, I do know Russian as well.” She rolled her eyes and layed back. He started the tests…

(I read all, just deleted it from the quote so it won't take so much space…)

Woah, woah, woah. Nice storyline. Just slow down a little, and it would be perfect. Like, PERFECT. Interesting storyline, though I'm a bit confused… Is this the same story as the one above it? The Caitlyn one? Or is it different… Though some of the names are the same?
But one thing though. More details. You need to explain what a Degron is, what is that hunted and hunter thing, and stuff like that… But other than that: Wow. Just wow.
(All the above were just my pov, not meant as insults. Please don't take it the wrong way… I'm just trying to give some tips. )

ForeverAnAuthor
Scratcher
100+ posts

@Capuccinocoffee, I decided to edit your story! (Idk why, I just felt like it…XD) If you don't like me doing it, I'll take it down. Not trying to steal your work, and I won't use it without permission. Please don't take offense!

Chapter One
Running. Running was all Alice could think about. She didn't care how exhausting it was. Just run, get as far as she could. She couldn't look down, couldn't look back. All she could do was run.
Don't let him in, the voices whispered. Those horrid voices. They sounded so tortured, so terrified. The very thought of it made Alice feel like dying.
Alice, they said. The fate of everything depends on you… You are the only one who can stop it. You know…
Thousands of voices. Thousands of voices that defined pain.
“What do you mean?” She asked. “Where are you?”
Everywhere, Alice…
We are behind you…
We are in front of you…
Underneath you… above you…
Without us, you wouldn't exist. Without us, the worlds wouldn't exist. Nothing would exist without us.
We contain the sins. Without us, everything would break. It would self-destruct.
We are you.

Then Alice made the terrible mistake of looking down.
Nightmares shouldn't be this real. Was it even a nightmare? Was she going insane? Alice didn't know anymore. She tried to get a better hold on the platform supporting her. Alice lost her grip, and she fell into the void, the demons watching her, laughing at her, mocking her…

“Alice! What happened?”
Someone else’s voice broke through the screams. Her screams.
Cold sweat trickled down her neck.
Just a dream, Alice told herself firmly. Get a grip on yourself. Stop the screaming.
The screams died down to gasps and heavy breathing.
“I'm fine.” Alice said when she could talk again, hoping her voice didn’t sound as shaky as it felt. “Fine.”
“You sure?” James rested a hand on her shoulder. “You can always tell me if something's wrong.”
She took a few deep, calming breaths before glaring at him. He had the nerve to smile.
“You don't have a chance with me.” She said, rolling her eyes. “Now, go stare at trees or whatever boys do while I get dressed.”
James shrugged, like, Hey, I tried, and left her tent, leaving Alice to take off her pajamas and pull on some denim shorts and a white tank top. She put on some converse shoes and hurried out of her tent.
“Glad to see… you're finally awake.”
Alice jumped. Claudia was lying on the top of her tent, her back to the sky, her hands cupped over her cheeks. Claudia grinned, and floated a inch above the tent.
“You were screaming, something about falling…?” Claudia lazily noticed, her wide eyes staring at Alice, almost accusingly.
Alice sighed.
“I had that nightmare again.” She admitted.
Claudia smiled broadly, her teeth glistening in the sunlight, slowly rotating in midair so now she was upside down, her dilated pupils staring, almost cross-eyed, at Alice.
“How do you know it's a nightmare and not a dream?”
“You're hopeless.” Alice scoffed. “Tell James I went out.”
She waved and took her hunting rifle that was leaning against her tent. Claudia waved half-heartedly back.
Alice trudged through the forest, enjoying the calm breeze that was just barely blowing. She watched the rabbits hop in joy. She could've caught them, but they were scrawny. She trudged ahead.
Alice had walked for an hour, but she had spotted nothing so far. Nothing except thin rabbits and even thinner squirrels. And then, there it was.
That perfectly plump and well-fed deer, innocently grazing on the grass.
Alice loaded her hunting rifle, but then hesitated. A guy was approaching the deer. Alice didn't have time to get him away, but she might shoot the boy too. Yet she just couldn't pass up an opportunity for such good meat.
The deer spooked, turning towards the stranger.
Perfect timing.

Click-boom.
That's as far as I got! Please tell me whether you liked the changes!

Capuccinocoffee
Scratcher
48 posts

ForeverAnAuthor wrote:

@Capuccinocoffee, I decided to edit your story! (Idk why, I just felt like it…XD) If you don't like me doing it, I'll take it down. Not trying to steal your work, and I won't use it without permission. Please don't take offense!

Chapter One
Running. Running was all Alice could think about. She didn't care how exhausting it was. Just run, get as far as she could. She couldn't look down, couldn't look back. All she could do was run.
Don't let him in, the voices whispered. Those horrid voices. They sounded so tortured, so terrified. The very thought of it made Alice feel like dying.
Alice, they said. The fate of everything depends on you… You are the only one who can stop it. You know…
Thousands of voices. Thousands of voices that defined pain.
“What do you mean?” She asked. “Where are you?”
Everywhere, Alice…
We are behind you…
We are in front of you…
Underneath you… above you…
Without us, you wouldn't exist. Without us, the worlds wouldn't exist. Nothing would exist without us.
We contain the sins. Without us, everything would break. It would self-destruct.
We are you.

Then Alice made the terrible mistake of looking down.
Nightmares shouldn't be this real. Was it even a nightmare? Was she going insane? Alice didn't know anymore. She tried to get a better hold on the platform supporting her. Alice lost her grip, and she fell into the void, the demons watching her, laughing at her, mocking her…

“Alice! What happened?”
Someone else’s voice broke through the screams. Her screams.
Cold sweat trickled down her neck.
Just a dream, Alice told herself firmly. Get a grip on yourself. Stop the screaming.
The screams died down to gasps and heavy breathing.
“I'm fine.” Alice said when she could talk again, hoping her voice didn’t sound as shaky as it felt. “Fine.”
“You sure?” James rested a hand on her shoulder. “You can always tell me if something's wrong.”
She took a few deep, calming breaths before glaring at him. He had the nerve to smile.
“You don't have a chance with me.” She said, rolling her eyes. “Now, go stare at trees or whatever boys do while I get dressed.”
James shrugged, like, Hey, I tried, and left her tent, leaving Alice to take off her pajamas and pull on some denim shorts and a white tank top. She put on some converse shoes and hurried out of her tent.
“Glad to see… you're finally awake.”
Alice jumped. Claudia was lying on the top of her tent, her back to the sky, her hands cupped over her cheeks. Claudia grinned, and floated a inch above the tent.
“You were screaming, something about falling…?” Claudia lazily noticed, her wide eyes staring at Alice, almost accusingly.
Alice sighed.
“I had that nightmare again.” She admitted.
Claudia smiled broadly, her teeth glistening in the sunlight, slowly rotating in midair so now she was upside down, her dilated pupils staring, almost cross-eyed, at Alice.
“How do you know it's a nightmare and not a dream?”
“You're hopeless.” Alice scoffed. “Tell James I went out.”
She waved and took her hunting rifle that was leaning against her tent. Claudia waved half-heartedly back.
Alice trudged through the forest, enjoying the calm breeze that was just barely blowing. She watched the rabbits hop in joy. She could've caught them, but they were scrawny. She trudged ahead.
Alice had walked for an hour, but she had spotted nothing so far. Nothing except thin rabbits and even thinner squirrels. And then, there it was.
That perfectly plump and well-fed deer, innocently grazing on the grass.
Alice loaded her hunting rifle, but then hesitated. A guy was approaching the deer. Alice didn't have time to get him away, but she might shoot the boy too. Yet she just couldn't pass up an opportunity for such good meat.
The deer spooked, turning towards the stranger.
Perfect timing.

Click-boom.
That's as far as I got! Please tell me whether you liked the changes!
They're great! You're a much better writer than I am.

I'd like to kidnap a Heather and photograph her in an abandoned warehouse and leave her tied up for the rats -anonymous student
don't get your hopes up because whatever you do, i'll do it better than you.
ForeverAnAuthor
Scratcher
100+ posts

Capuccinocoffee wrote:

Aww… Thanks SO MUCH! Though… I didn't edit them… Well, not really…
@xXOnce_Upon_A_TimeXx was over at my house, and she saw your story and decided to edit it… But she was lazy to log in to her account so she used mine… She edits all my stories!
I think she even more picky about spelling and grammar than I am… Haha… !
And you are a great writer! Everyone else's writing are better than mine, lollll… (I realised the person who made/created the thing usually thinks that others are all better than his/hers… Well, I'm no exception. XD)
A few questions from her so she can add it into the edited version: What is James' eye and hair colour? Lorenzo's eye colour? Claudia's eye and hair colour? And does Claudia have a tail? (I think she think that'll be cute or whatever… Don't ask me. Heaven's mind works in weird ways… XD)

ForeverAnAuthor
Scratcher
100+ posts

ForeverAnAuthor wrote:

Capuccinocoffee wrote:

@xXOnce_Upon_A_TimeXx was over at my house, and she saw your story and decided to edit it… But she was lazy to log in to her account so she used mine… She edits all my stories!
And you are a great writer! Everyone else's writing are better than mine, lollll… (I realised the person who made/created the thing usually thinks that others are all better than his/hers… Well, I'm no exception. XD)
A few questions from her so she can add it into the edited version: What is James' eye and hair colour? Lorenzo's eye colour? Claudia's eye and hair colour? And does Claudia have a tail? (I think she think that'll be cute or whatever… Don't ask me. Heaven's mind works in weird ways… XD)
Here she goes again. She just sent me another torrent of questions to ask you. (Don't know why she doesn't ask you herself… I'll give her the link or we'll be stuck here forever answering all her questions…)
Claudia is descended from the Chesire cat, right? Is she his granddaughter or how are they related? What is this forest? Is it some sort of place you can't escape from? Is your story a fairytale twist? (And here she goes on and on about how it could be connected to a million other fairytales… Trust me, you don't want to know, like, how James can be Jack, how Claudia can be Goldilocks, how Alice can be Red Riding Hood… YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW.)
Who IS Alice? Is she the original Alice, or just someone with the same name and so happens to be with a descendant of the Cheshire cat? Or is SHE a descendant of Alice?
What is Alice's hair and eye colour?
How old are all of them?
Does Claudia go without sleep, or was that just an expression?
AND MUCH MORE BUT I'M TOO LAZY TO TYPE ALREADY. IF SHE WANTS SHE CAN DO IT HERSELF.
(I already pity you, with that much questions in your hands… Sometimes she gets like that with me, and asks me questions I haven't even thought about yet… Dunno whether that's good or bad…) XP

TigerAlpaca
Scratcher
100+ posts

ForeverAnAuthor wrote:

ForeverAnAuthor wrote:

TigerAlpaca wrote:

The world
Chapter 1

Ellie awoke on the floor of her apartment. In her side there was a dull ache from where she had been stabbed by a knife. She figured that she must have pasted out from excessive blood loss. She looked around for her brother and sisters, they weren't there. “Tobias? Evelyn? Amber? Lily? Fern?” she called in a hoarse voice. “Ember? Raven? Octavia? Maple?” she continued calling for her siblings. The floor blurred out of focus as she slumped back down. She was aware of faint voices, but that was the last she remembered…….

She awoke again in a laboratory room. Her head and side ached. The professor stared at her and muttered to himself:
“To much. No more than 50 milli-litres.” Ellie had wide eyes and he turned to her. “Nice to meet you. But you really shouldn't have survived that much poison. It's impossible!”

“What?”

“I said it wasn't possible!”

“I am a hybrid,” she pointed out.

“Maybe they should have called you ‘Mary Sue’.” She elbowed him and he groaned, “Your elbows hurt.”

“Go figure,” she muttered.

“Now stop this. I need to perform tests on you. To see why you're not affected by the poison.”

“Почему вы хотите сделать что вы ублюдок?” She muttered.

“Cука.” He replied, “See, I do know Russian as well.” She rolled her eyes and layed back. He started the tests…

(I read all, just deleted it from the quote so it won't take so much space…)

Woah, woah, woah. Nice storyline. Just slow down a little, and it would be perfect. Like, PERFECT. Interesting storyline, though I'm a bit confused… Is this the same story as the one above it? The Caitlyn one? Or is it different… Though some of the names are the same?
But one thing though. More details. You need to explain what a Degron is, what is that hunted and hunter thing, and stuff like that… But other than that: Wow. Just wow.
(All the above were just my pov, not meant as insults. Please don't take it the wrong way… I'm just trying to give some tips. )
They're different stories, I just reuse the same names. It's too much work coming up with new ones XD. A Degron is a mix between a demon and another creature and a royal Degron is a mix between a Royal Demon and something else Royal. And I can't really explain the hunted thing very well. It's basically something Hybrids attend to see if they're working with the Hunters or avoiding them. I cannot explain very well XD

My name is Tiger, I'm a selfproclaimed singer, author and animator. My birthday is the 25th of August and I am a Virgo ♍. I love roleplaying. I also draw, digitally and the classic way, on paper.
TigerAlpaca
Scratcher
100+ posts

TigerAlpaca wrote:

Chapter 1
My feet pounded against the streets as I raced toward the station. I hurtled onto the platform just as the train was pulling out. I could see Ellie leaning out, with her hand outstretched. I jogged alongside it before throwing myself into the cart. Ellie grabbed my shoulder to stop me from falling out again. Her pale-blonde hair was ruffled and her cheeks were flushed. Her navy tank top- with white stripes on- was torn. You could see a deep gauge across her chest. “What the hell happened to you?” I asked.
“Two words. Possessed creature fight.”
“That's actually three.”
“I don't care Mel, okay? I do NOT care,” Ellie snapped back. I recoiled in shock before looking around the cart.
“Where are the others?” I asked Ellie. She turned toward the cart door and pushed it open revealing the others. They were all sitting on the floor talking to each other, but looked up when she entered.
A boy with messy light-blue hair stood up and I hugged him. His tan skin was soft like a fluffy pillow.
“Thomas!” I cried.

My name is Tiger, I'm a selfproclaimed singer, author and animator. My birthday is the 25th of August and I am a Virgo ♍. I love roleplaying. I also draw, digitally and the classic way, on paper.
TigerAlpaca
Scratcher
100+ posts

TigerAlpaca wrote:

TigerAlpaca wrote:

Chapter 1
My feet pounded against the streets as I raced toward the station. I hurtled onto the platform just as the train was pulling out. I could see Ellie leaning out, with her hand outstretched. I jogged alongside it before throwing myself into the cart. Ellie grabbed my shoulder to stop me from falling out again. Her pale-blonde hair was ruffled and her cheeks were flushed. Her navy tank top- with white stripes on- was torn. You could see a deep gauge across her chest. “What the hell happened to you?” I asked.
“Two words. Possessed creature fight.”
“That's actually three.”
“I don't care Mel, okay? I do NOT care,” Ellie snapped back. I recoiled in shock before looking around the cart.
“Where are the others?” I asked Ellie. She turned toward the cart door and pushed it open revealing the others. They were all sitting on the floor talking to each other, but looked up when she entered.
A boy with messy light-blue hair stood up and I hugged him. His tan skin was soft like a fluffy pillow.
“Thomas!” I cried.
“Mel!” he cried. Ellie rolled her eyes and pulled out a silver flask. She chucked it at me, and I caught it. I emptied the contents down my throat, and felt a rush of adrenaline as the liquid burned my throat. I gave Ellie a thumbs-up as she slightly stumbled. I could hear her cursing under her breath.

Capuccinocoffee
Scratcher
48 posts

ForeverAnAuthor wrote:

Capuccinocoffee wrote:

James has brown hair, blue eyes. Lorenzo has grey eyes. Claudia has blonde hair, blue eyes, and a tail.

I'd like to kidnap a Heather and photograph her in an abandoned warehouse and leave her tied up for the rats -anonymous student
Capuccinocoffee
Scratcher
48 posts

ForeverAnAuthor wrote:

ForeverAnAuthor wrote:

Capuccinocoffee wrote:

Here she goes again. She just sent me another torrent of questions to ask you. (Don't know why she doesn't ask you herself… I'll give her the link or we'll be stuck here forever answering all her questions…)
Claudia is descended from the Chesire cat, right? Is she his granddaughter or how are they related? What is this forest? Is it some sort of place you can't escape from? Is your story a fairytale twist? (And here she goes on and on about how it could be connected to a million other fairytales… Trust me, you don't want to know, like, how James can be Jack, how Claudia can be Goldilocks, how Alice can be Red Riding Hood… YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW.)
Who IS Alice? Is she the original Alice, or just someone with the same name and so happens to be with a descendant of the Cheshire cat? Or is SHE a descendant of Alice?
What is Alice's hair and eye colour?
How old are all of them?
Does Claudia go without sleep, or was that just an expression?
AND MUCH MORE BUT I'M TOO LAZY TO TYPE ALREADY. IF SHE WANTS SHE CAN DO IT HERSELF.
(I already pity you, with that much questions in your hands… Sometimes she gets like that with me, and asks me questions I haven't even thought about yet… Dunno whether that's good or bad…) XP
Claudia is his daughter(Don't ask me how a cat and human could have children), This is some random ol' forest that's supposedly cursed, comes on later in the story for what I have planned. Not a fairytale twist, I had recently watched Alice in Wonderland so my mind was crazy about that. Alice is descended reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally far down the original Alice's line. She's blonde with blue eyes. James is 18, Lorenzo is 16, Alice is 16, Claudia is 17. Claudia does sleep, but she gets very little, although cats sleep a lot.

dashieisbestpony
Scratcher
1 post

Are poems allowed..? If they are, I've made up quite a few that I'd love to get your feedback on!
Here's one if you're interested..

~I like the number 1,
And you like it 2,
But I don't like
Having the same favorite number as you.

I'm really sorry if it's too short, I tried. I hope you enjoyed it, though. Byeee!~

Last edited by dashieisbestpony (March 31, 2017 04:30:30)

jinxaccio6793
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi everyone,
For those of you who are interested in possibly getting a little help with your writing, there's this great book that my reading teacher recommended to me. It's called Spilling Ink and it's really helpful for anyone who has even the slightest interest in writing. Also I have some news next year I will be going to a middle school Pittsburgh CAPA in fact for writing! So just thought…yeah. If you don't care then ignore that.
Okay thanks!

I'm really excited for Scratch 3.0!
ForeverAnAuthor
Scratcher
100+ posts

jinxaccio6793 wrote:

Hi everyone,
For those of you who are interested in possibly getting a little help with your writing, there's this great book that my reading teacher recommended to me. It's called Spilling Ink and it's really helpful for anyone who has even the slightest interest in writing. Also I have some news next year I will be going to a middle school Pittsburgh CAPA in fact for writing! So just thought…yeah. If you don't care then ignore that.
Okay thanks!
OH NICE! (Wow… You intend to study writing? I'm gonna do creative writing… You?)

Capuccinocoffee
Scratcher
48 posts

Capuccinocoffee wrote:

Capuccinocoffee wrote:

Capuccinocoffee wrote:

Mind if I add a writing I've been working on? It probably sucks since it's unrevised and everything but I'll try.

Chapter One
Running. Running was all Alice could think about. She didn't care how exhausting it was. Just run, get as far as she could. She couldn't look down, couldn't look back. Just run.
Alice, they said. The fate of everything depends on you. You are the only one who can stop it. You know. Thousands of voices. Thousands of voices that defined pain. “What do you mean?” She asked. “Where are you?”
Everywhere, Alice. We are behind you. We are in front of you. Behind you, above you. Without you, we wouldn't exist. Without us, the worlds wouldn't exist. Worlds? Nothing would exist without us. We contain the sins. Without us, everything would break. It would self-destruct. We are you. Then, Alice made the mistake of looking down.
Nightmares shouldn't be this real. Was it even a nightmare? Was she going insane? Alice didn't know anymore. She tried to get a better handle on the platform supporting her. Alice lost her grip, and she fell into the void, the demons watching her.

“Alice! What happened?” James asked. Cold sweat trickled down her neck. “I'm fine.” Alice said.
“You sure?” He rest a hand on her shoulder. “You can always tell me if something's wrong.”
“You don't have a chance with me.” She said, rolling her eyes. “Now, go stare at trees or whatever boys do while I get dressed.” James left her tent, leaving Alice to take off her pajamas, pulling on some denim shorts and a white tank top. She put on some converse shoes and hurried out of her tent.
“Glad to see you're finally awake.” Alice jumped. Claudia was floating on her back above her tent. “You were screaming, something about falling.” She noticed. Alice sighed.
“I had that nightmare again.” She admitted. Claudia smiled, asking, “How do you now it's not a dream?”
“You're hopeless.” Alice scoffed. “Tell James I went out.” She waved and took her hunting rifle.
Alice trudged through the forest, enjoying the calm breeze just barely blowing. She watched the rabbits hop in joy. She could've caught them, but they were scrawny. And then, there it was.
That perfectly plump and well-fed deer, grazing on the grass innocently. Alice loaded her hunting rifle. A guy was approaching the deer. It turned toward him. Alice didn't have time to get him away, or she might shoot him, too. But she couldn't pass up an opportunity for such good meat. The deer spooked, turning towards the stranger. Perfect timing.

Click-boom.

The stranger fell back in surprise as the deer fell on him, dead. He moved it off, glancing at Alice uncertainly.
“Sorry about that.” She said nervously, slinging her rifle behind her back and picking up the deer. “You can have it. Stuff it, eat it, arrest me, you know. I'm Alice, by the way.” Alice held out a hand guiltily. Why couldn't she just take the deer and bring it back to Claudia and James?
“I'm Lorenzo. Lorenzo Reige, and I'm not taking that.” He said with a sigh. “You just gave this forest another curse. Trust me when I say this, if I could name every sin on this forest, we'd be here till the end of time.” Alice smiled at Lorenzo. He seemed pretty nice. He had short dark brown hair and sweet gentle eyes.
An acquaintance, or a possible friend? He looked good enough. Of course, James would probably inspect Lorenzo and name every possible threat he could be. Claudia would be creepy enough, floating with her silver cat ears rather human ones and an unnaturally wide grin. Alice wasn't sure if Lorenzo liked that stuff.
She didn't have any special powers that she knew of, but James could teleport -that sucked when a girl was doing her private business-, and Claudia was descended from the Cheshire Cat directly, making her pretty scary. She had silver cat ears- not normal, could float- not normal- had an unnaturally wide grin- not normal, and she was nonsense overall.
“That must suck,” Alice said at last, “'Cause we've been staying here for a week. You can come with if you like.” Lorenzo nodded, and together they carried the deer back through the ‘cursed’ forest. Along the way, Lorenzo named some sins on the forest. Some of them made Alice laugh, like smelliness and diarrhea for whoever enters the forest, but others made her shudder, like tales of monsters. When they finally arrived, Claudia and James were playing rock paper scissors.
“Good to see you're back.” James greeted, waving. Claudia just grinned her large smile and waved, rolling over lazily midair. James frowned. “With a newcomer and deer, apparently.” Alice quickly rubbed some sticks together to make a fire in their pit. She took out her small iron dagger and began to skin the deer.
“Lorenzo, mind telling the story while I make lunch?” She asked. Lorenzo nodded and Alice held the deer meat over the fire so it could cook. She started to chip off the rough parts of the fur, intending to make a rug while the meat was steaming. While he explained the story, Alice divided the meat with her dagger.
“Dinner.” She said, giving a portion to each of them. James ate it without question, while Claudia examined the best place to tear off a chunk first. “You can have some of mine.” Lorenzo suggested. She nodded hungrily and tore off a sliver of meat, stuffing her mouth.
You thought living in a cursed forest would be hard. Alice thought. Well, it is. So are the nightmares, but the nightmares are harder. I can do this. Well, hopefully.
As night fell, nervousness returned. Alice was in her tent, while Lorenzo and James slept under the stars. Claudia..Well, Claudia didn't really sleep. She was like nocturnal, without the sleeping part. She was probably playing poker with drunkards or betting her soul on roulette. Claudia was strange that way.
Alice rocked back and forth on her sleeping bag, afraid to settle down as the nightmares would engulf her once more. She silently counted the reasons her life was a wreck. Camping in the woods with only one decent person. Creepy dreams that made no sense. Demons that like to make deep quotes. Cursed forest. Possible insomnia. The list could go on forever, but Alice was getting tired. She poked her head out of her tent, looking at the beautiful stars and crescent moon which James and Lorenzo snored under one last time. Suddenly, she jerked upright, remembering that she should stay awake.
Can't sleep now,Alice thought. Nobody'll appreciate you waking up and screaming. She lay down, her tank top scratching at her shoulders. Appreciate you waking up and screaming. Alice sat up. Appreciate it? It sounds so nice, though. She could hear the little voices tugging at her. Waking up and screaming. And screaming. Sleep sounded so nice at that time. She lazily yawned.
Screaming.
Screaming. Screaming, or dreaming? Screaming. Ing. Ing. Ing.
She was on a bridge. A scrawny little bridge. A wolf stalked. A rabbit leaped away. A deer, an eagle, a fish. Making circles around her.
“We've been waiting, Alice.” An unknown voice said deeply. “Your time is long overdue.” Alice shook her head in disbelief.
“Overdue for what?”
“Come, Alice.” She saw a blurry shape in the distance, and followed it. But the faintest voice cried, “Alice!” She continued running, ignoring the voice. She barely even noticed it. The deeper, gravelly voice drowned it out. “Alice.”
Eventually, she came to the edge of the circle of animals. Alice saw the blurry shape vanish. No, it didn't vanish. It went down. She realized it was going down into a fiery void. The hellish place Alice always had her nightmare in. She realized almost everything was that void. Then, there was the thin little bridge of happiness where the circle of animals was.
No, Alice! The animals cried. They stopped, seeming to form a wall. Alice turned around, to see another wall. You don't want that!
“What do you mean?” She asked. Suddenly, her head was in pain, like it was being torn apart. Sanity and insanity. Alice leaned to the insanity, against her will. The voices set her straight again, saying, Alice! Alice! Alice!
A strong push, and she was falling again.
Down to the ground.
Alice woke up screaming shrilly when a hand was put over her mouth, muting her.
“Alice! Jesus, can you not wake up screaming? Lorenzo almost got a heart attack.” James said. She took in her surroundings. James was the one with a hand over her mouth, while Lorenzo was catching his breath outside.
“It sounded pleasing.” A mischievous voice said. “Like oranges playing a harp, with the sound magnified.” Alice looked up to see Claudia casually levitating above Alice, on her back like she was stargazing. Something seemed a little off about Claudia though. Well, off by Claudia's standards. She had something red on her neck, like a price tag. Standing up, Alice realized it was a little tag with small numbers and Claudia's name imprinted. Was Lincoln's speech forgotten, and Claudia was for sale as a slave? She laughed out loud, doubting it.
“What's that thing on your neck?” Alice asked once James took his hand out of her mouth.
“Oh, this. Some sort of tag.” Claudia shrugged, floating out of the tent. James sighed.
“I'm going shopping with Claudia. Well, not really shopping. More like wandering the nearby town while Claudia buys tea. Wanna,um, look for something to do with me?” He asked.
Alice smiled. “Sure. But look away while I get dressed.” James obeyed, closing his eyes while she put on a turquoise cardigan over a white T-shirt and white shorts. She quickly plaited her long, blonde hair and got on some flip flops, playfully punching James a few times before he understood that she was prepared.
“I take that as you're ready.” James said. “Hold my hand.” Alice nodded and took his hand, holding on tightly. He closed his eyes and she watched the inside of the tent ripple as they defied science, traveling through space until another place appeared. James opened his eyes, rubbing them as they adjusted to the sunlight in the town. Claudia was nowhere in sight, most likely getting tea.
“Welcome to, um,”James paused to look for a sign with the town's name, “Lister.”
“What kind of name is Lister?” Alice asked, wrinkling her nose.
“Don't know. Now, I have to use the little boy's room.” said James with a shrug as he teleported to the bathroom. Alice walked around the town, strangely empty, when a bloodcurdling scream pierced the air.
“HIIIILDAAAAA!” The voice was so high, it felt like Alice's eardrums were breaking. It came from a young girl, about six, getting held back by guards. Some other guards were stuffing someone into a sack. As she stepped closer, she saw silver ears and a fluffy silver tail with aqua blue stripes. Was that..Claudia? Another girl, like the one screaming but older, was following them, saying something like,Sarah!
“Whats's going on?” Alice asked the older girl, running up. The girl opened her mouth like she was going to say something, but a piercing blow came to Alice's head before she could hear anything. She hit the sidewalk and got a single glance at a guard in fancier red armor than the others, wearing white, before everything went black.

-Random_Person-
Scratcher
83 posts

Hello guys

Does anyone have an idea on something short I could write?? Like a really short story?? I just feel like writing but have no idea what to write

“Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.” ~Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
-Random_Person-
Scratcher
83 posts

dashieisbestpony wrote:

Are poems allowed..? If they are, I've made up quite a few that I'd love to get your feedback on!
Here's one if you're interested..

~I like the number 1,
And you like it 2,
But I don't like
Having the same favorite number as you.

I'm really sorry if it's too short, I tried. I hope you enjoyed it, though. Byeee!~
OF COURSE POEMS ARE ALLOWED!!!!

And it doesn't matter that it's short! Dis poem is great! You must continue ;3

“Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.” ~Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Capuccinocoffee
Scratcher
48 posts

-Random_Person- wrote:

Hello guys

Does anyone have an idea on something short I could write?? Like a really short story?? I just feel like writing but have no idea what to write
Whatever your mind is up to. I usually get ideas from stuff around my desk, even crayons or gum. A murder mystery, maybe?

-Random_Person-
Scratcher
83 posts

Capuccinocoffee wrote:

-Random_Person- wrote:

Hello guys

Whatever your mind is up to. I usually get ideas from stuff around my desk, even crayons or gum. A murder mystery, maybe?
Good idea! And I usually DO have a source of inspiration, but for some reason, I wasn't getting any ideas. Thanks (about the murder mystery)! I'll try that… I actually haven't ever written a mystery story yet. Good thing to try and do right now, when I'm nippy writing anything else. Thanks again!

TigerAlpaca
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Random_Person- wrote:

Hello guys

No soz. I kinda just get my ideas from anything like dreams, notebooks, pencils, gardens and that sorta stuff