Discuss Scratch

FancyFoxy
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Ultimate Scratch 3.0 Block Style Protest Megathread

I can agree on the huge-sized blocks argument, so support for that.
However, I don't really think “Events is now the color of 2.0 Controls” and “Custom blocks are now pink” are much of problems.

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. THIS MEANS IT IS AN AUTOMATIC MESSAGE THAT APPEARS AT THE BOTTOM OF ALL MY POSTS.
Hi! I'm FancyFoxy! I create animations and games that were never, EVER meant to be taken seriously.
FancyFoxy Heroes and #Thanksgiving are some of my latest projects, check them out!
walkcycle
Scratcher
500+ posts

came across this in the advanced topics forum: Non-hacky 2.0 Theme for Scratch 3.0 [userscript]

NickyNouse wrote:

(…) 've been working with the ST on making Scratch-Blocks natively theme-able (…)
jordan1060
Scratcher
500+ posts

BUMP
titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump

Scratch Wiki Contributor • Active Forum User • New goal: 500 posts • 310/500 posts (62%)My projectsMy studiosMy profile

(-_-) // This is the Bob the good kumquat. He and his army fight evil kumquats.
(-@-) // This is one of the evil kumquats that eat up your signature!!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Targethntr
Scratcher
90 posts

I support this protest

Try to pronounce my name, I dare you
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

turkey3 wrote:

No support, I like the chunky.
But would you support and option for 2.0 scratch blocks?

Does n!+1=m^2 have interger solutions apart from n=4,5,7?
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PintOfMilk wrote:

turkey3 wrote:

No support, I like the chunky.
But would you support and option for 2.0 scratch blocks?
I suppose that should be okay, but I also kinda like the chunky (that kinda sounded weird)

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
Dy155
Scratcher
98 posts

TBH, for mobile, keep that padding, and for Computer, don't keep the padding.

when I receive [no friends v]
cry :: looks

when I receive [friends v]
smile :: looks
be in a [happy v] mood :: looks
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dy155 wrote:

TBH, for mobile, keep that padding, and for Computer, don't keep the padding.
And on touchscreen computers…?

In “Minecraft” the onscreen controls appear when the screen is being touched and disappear when the mouse moves, so something similar could be done to the padding, though I'm not sure if that's possible with Blockly.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ateesdalejr wrote:

Preview of suggested 3.0 editor:
B-B-But the terminal is scary and only haxors use it. \s
ateesdalejr
Scratcher
100+ posts

Blaze349 wrote:

ateesdalejr wrote:

B-B-But the terminal is scary and only haxors use it. \s
This is scarier than any terminal my friend.

Delphox915
Scratcher
100+ posts

200% support. The whole thing is incredibly ugly in my opinion because there is far too much padding and the text is too small for the block. I'd rather have options to go with the current block style or the new one. You could use the current style for computers and the new style for mobile (with the padding slightly shrunk down because oh boy, that is a lot of scrolling )
Although the new style will probably grow on me after a while, it will still be inconvenient with those massive blocks.

Hey, I'm Delphox and I love Kaede Akamatsu more than I love myself. I'm a die-hard bookworm and a big DanRon/PKMN fan.
Come join us in the Endless Realities RP!
I love smiley faces! (:
cul8er
Scratcher
500+ posts

TBH, I don't really mind that much. The slight inconvenience of extra scrolling is balanced out because:
  • They'd be easier to manipulate, and:
  • they look better.

Gone.
titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

BUMP!

Scratch Wiki Contributor • Active Forum User • New goal: 500 posts • 310/500 posts (62%)My projectsMy studiosMy profile

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
yzyzyz
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support. The new blocks aren't looking good.

hi! I'm yzyzyz, the owner of the #bring_it_back studio, a sticky, 400+ projects and 500+ posts.
I am an active scratcher.
advertise in my signature!
ad:Urgently need a popular animation? If you do, check out Every Time I Share A Project, by Randomness-TV!
mr-scratch-cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

These new blocks do look better than the 3D-looking blocks in 2.0, but they are too big, and because of that, they feel so kiddy. The blocks need to be much smaller. Support.

EDIT: Whoops typo

Last edited by mr-scratch-cat (Aug. 9, 2017 13:50:13)

mr-scratch-cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

ateesdalejr wrote:

That should be like Scratch 14.0 when all of the current New Scratchers have jobs and wives and are as good as griffpatch

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mr-scratch-cat wrote:

ateesdalejr wrote:

That should be like Scratch 14.0 when all of the current New Scratchers have jobs and wives and are as good as griffpatch

7500+ posts (19th)
MinecraftM153
Scratcher
100+ posts

Austinato wrote:

mr-scratch-cat wrote:

ateesdalejr wrote:

what am i doing…

I like to make drawings move elsewhere, but on here I do mainly coding experiments. Check them out if you want!
titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

MinecraftM153 wrote:

Austinato wrote:

mr-scratch-cat wrote:

ateesdalejr wrote:

what am i doing…

Now let's get back on topic…