Discuss Scratch

VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Ultimate Scratch 3.0 Block Style Protest Megathread

I definitely would like the 2.0 blocks to stay. The 3.0 ones just don't seem good for Scratch.

woah, haven't been on here in a while
titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump.

Scratch Wiki Contributor • Active Forum User • New goal: 500 posts • 310/500 posts (62%)My projectsMy studiosMy profile

(-_-) // This is the Bob the good kumquat. He and his army fight evil kumquats.
(-@-) // This is one of the evil kumquats that eat up your signature!!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump.

Scratch Wiki Contributor • Active Forum User • New goal: 500 posts • 310/500 posts (62%)My projectsMy studiosMy profile

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Lordtucker693
Scratcher
33 posts

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME!!!

Hi there!

I'm Lordtucker693. I make fnaf games and the occasional meme. I have a lot of friends, a lot of followers, and a lot of scratch skills.

Here is me in about 5 seconds

when green flag clicked
say [o wow scratch]
broadcast [git good at codez v]
set [really gud game v] to [1]
stop [moo v]
jordan1060
Scratcher
500+ posts

Well, they are working with google. Google is in love with material design. I HATE THE OVERUSED MATERIAL DESIGN ON MY PHONE.
SuperHal989
Scratcher
88 posts

Support, I hope there would be a feature to switch from 1.0 blocks to 2.0 blocks to 3.0 blocks (design wise) in your project

SuperHAL989 Prime has awoken!

if <Awoken> then

set [Your health v] to [ 0]
end

Username was destroyed by SuperHAL989 prime
\

he despawned. D:
jordan1060
Scratcher
500+ posts

SuperHal989 wrote:

Support, I hope there would be a feature to switch from 1.0 blocks to 2.0 blocks to 3.0 blocks (design wise) in your project
SUPPORT ON YOUR IDEA
Alzter
Scratcher
100+ posts

I like the bright vivid colors of Scratch 3.0, but alas, they blocks are a bit clunky. It would be cool if there was an option to shrink the blocks like they were in 2.0.

I do stuff on computers.
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support, I like the chunky.

Yakov5776
Scratcher
11 posts

I have a website that is so far what Scratch 3.0 is going to look like: Scratch 3.0
Megapixel_studios
Scratcher
12 posts

I suport! the new design is ridiculous. All the blocks are yellow and people with eye trouble will have a hard time, also its really weird having the large blocks. they were a perfect size in 2.0.

“Better out then in I always say” ~ Shrek
walkcycle
Scratcher
500+ posts

I support protests in general, but not this particular protest.

(Maybe they could have an extension that lets 3.0 blocks look like 2.0, for people who like the old style.)

Yakov5776 wrote:

I have a website that is so far what Scratch 3.0 is going to look like: Scratch 3.0
Looks great!
MKimm2k
Scratcher
35 posts

Here's what I think they should do. They should have 2 editor options, one where there is the new look, and then one where we have the look we know and love, there would be an option where you can switch it back and forth. If this was the case, we would get a win and the people who like it still have it, it would be a win-win but how do I get the idea to scratchteam?
jordan1060
Scratcher
500+ posts

MKimm2k wrote:

Here's what I think they should do. They should have 2 editor options, one where there is the new look, and then one where we have the look we know and love, there would be an option where you can switch it back and forth. If this was the case, we would get a win and the people who like it still have it, it would be a win-win but how do I get the idea to scratchteam?
Ill try
jordan1060
Scratcher
500+ posts

octad wrote:

Sure, I'm on board with this.
I like 3.0 the same way I like the new Rodrick; I don't.
I KNOW RIGHT. This made me laugh.
awsome26
Scratcher
31 posts

Also, why is there no visual difference between string and number inputs?

This is because sometimes in the Operators section, you can insert them into the number inputs to make for instance, how many steps you walk, a dependent variable. If they were different, you would not be able to do that. So there you have it - the reason for that is actually to give Scratch an interesting function. Hope this helped!

Hey! I'm an 11-year-old girl who lives in Australia and I'm a major Maths (yes, 'maths) nerd and English geek! I love to play oztag, basketball, tennis, softball, and netball! I agree with the Oxford Comma and I am willing to fight you if you don't! I absolutely love Scratch and will forever show my loyalty!
Wanna hear a blurb for a book I'm writing? Lol IDK what I'm putting in my signatures.
“As ex-keeper, I must warn you; you will uncover many dark secrets and may even find yourself questioning humanity. But with every breath you take, you must find it within you to stay calm. Keep your eyes open and your heart closed, not the other way around…”

How many people does it take to change the world? 100? 1000? Even one? No. The answer is zero. Fate will write your future. Yet as we go on, we will learn to discover that for one young girl, this is not the case. As Secret Keeper of the unwritten gems, Faith Brown must go on a long journey with her long-dead soul mate to uncover the dark secrets of the Room of Souls with just a mirror, map, and notebook. Faith will discover new things, suffer new losses, and might even meet some people. As she goes on this journey, she might even find that it’s not just souls they’re hiding there…
ateesdalejr
Scratcher
100+ posts

Preview of suggested 3.0 editor:

walkcycle
Scratcher
500+ posts

ateesdalejr wrote:

more check boxes though
ateesdalejr
Scratcher
100+ posts

walkcycle wrote:

ateesdalejr wrote:

more check boxes though
I agree…

titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump.