1000+ posts

School IT

Fixed all the grammar and spelling mistakes in card100's post:

card100 wrote:

Fixed all the grammar and spelling mistakes in the main post:

bybb wrote:

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Discuss bad and good school IT.

Sadly the old topic got removed most likely due to people discussing piracy, methods of piracy, too much leet speak and discussing ways of breaking school IT policies (I have to say I contributed to that).

In this topic I want to set a few rules first:

To quote the Advanced Topics FAQ:

please refrain from using excessive CAPS, emoticons, or Talking Like This
Please don't use leetspeak unless it's necessary to a story.

Don't discuss piracy or methods of piracy even if you say you don't encourage it.
In the UK GCHQ monitor all internet traffic searching for software pirates, sometimes downloading alone isn't enough to get you arrested, posting evidence that you HAVE been doing so will most likely end up with a few or more police officers at your house. And if you're a child, your parents will probably get arrested for not checking what your doing (It counts as neglect)

Please discuss things not only related to your schools IT problems in general, but be more specific. We started having a conversation about bad printer setups in the old thread which was interesting.

If you see spam, non-needed leet speak or other posts talking about subjects of dubious legality, please report the post before the subject gets out of hand.

This thread is for Good School IT, Bad School IT and anything related to school IT. Got some good news about your IT being a bit better lately? Discuss it here.

Please don't just say things like “My school IT is good” or “My school IT is bad”, this is the advanced topics, pick some interesting points (such as pay to print printers) that people can expand upon and get a good conversation, go into technical specifics and see what other people have to say.

And if you follow these rules I'm sure this topic will be much better than the older one (we can finally discuss good things so we won't run out of posts as easy!)

thisandagain pls explain
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

bybb wrote:

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

What kind of messages?
Probably to scare the student. Like a message saying something like "I can see you're player game-name"
Something like “Warning: Stop playing inappropriate games at school. If you continue to do so, you will be reported to the deputy principal.”

My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
bybb
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

My primary school called Internet Explorer “The big E”

So whenever we had to use the internet we were told to “click on the big E”

So for quite a long time, because of school, I didn't know the proper name for Internet Explorer xD.

I guess it's not that bad, my family always called the XBox button on the XBox 360 controller “the big X” and everyone knew what we meant

My Primary school also made the kids do “the hour of code”. It took the class 5 lessons in 1 hour sessions ._.

It was the make a flappy bird game. I will admit, I partially died inside when the teacher said that coding a game was just like that…
Plus, does anyone else get annoyed when someone says they're “coding”. “Coding” is a useful term for things like HTML and Scripting languages, where it is questionable what type of language it is, but I doubt many people here would be impressed if someone said they were coding in assembly.

Game Over
You'll find me on @LastContinue from now on.
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

bybb wrote:

My primary school called Internet Explorer “The big E”

So whenever we had to use the internet we were told to “click on the big E”

So for quite a long time, because of school, I didn't know the proper name for Internet Explorer xD.
My primary school also called it that. I knew the proper name though. They also called Microsoft Word “The big W”.

Then in high school, there was still people who didn't know how to open Microsoft Word or find their documents.

My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

removed

Last edited by Firedrake969 (April 3, 2017 18:11:53)

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

Yeah well there's cmd.exe obviously for students and then you can do it using shortcuts. Try it worked on my decent IT . http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Disguised-Computer-Shutdown-Error-Bu/?ALLSTEPS
See it works

Does n!+1=m^2 have interger solutions apart from n=4,5,7?
chexbox
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

My school gave us all Chromebooks and blocked a lot of stuff like developer tools and the dinosaur game. They force installed useless extensions. Luckily they haven't forced google to be the default search engine (I use DuckDuckGo).

chexbox
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

chexbox wrote:

My school gave us all Chromebooks and blocked a lot of stuff like developer tools and the dinosaur game. They force installed useless extensions. Luckily they haven't forced google to be the default search engine (I use DuckDuckGo).
our school uses OneNeck IT Solutions to do all their malicious stuff.

Last edited by chexbox (April 4, 2017 14:35:16)

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

For some reason our school blocks the ability to hide the home button on the Chromebooks.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

Sheep_maker wrote:

For some reason our school blocks the ability to hide the home button on the Chromebooks.
Lol try shift- clicking the windows key

DeleteThisAcount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

PintOfMilk wrote:

Sheep_maker wrote:

if… they had a windows computer

PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

PintOfMilk wrote:

Sheep_maker wrote:

if… they had a windows computer
Oh yeah … can you do it on chromebooks…

StackMasher
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

Our school uses impero to block executables and batch scripts, but you can run batch scripts by going to “File > Run as Administrator” (how they didn't notice that on the menu is beyond me) and Java archives and classes can still be ran (so minecraft works)
Meowlit12
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

StackMasher wrote:

Our school uses impero to block executables and batch scripts, but you can run batch scripts by going to “File > Run as Administrator” (how they didn't notice that on the menu is beyond me) and Java archives and classes can still be ran (so minecraft works)

So can you execute a batch script that opens a executable?

Last edited by Meowlit12 (April 5, 2017 18:44:47)

1a3c5e7g9i
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

What is School IT?

Wao how is that possible

Uh Squidward? Yes Spongebob? You might want to look at this… HOLY SHRIMP! If we don't act now, well, think about how many clams I'll have to cough up JUST to see an extra portion of nick.com… or worse, to see ALL of it in general! *** Reader! This is not a fictional sketch! It actually is, but that's not the point. Learn more at the link that Spongebob left at the first instance of “this”.
AwesomeGameCreator
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

1a3c5e7g9i wrote:

What is School IT?
What is Google?

"Print is the sharpest and the strongest weapon of our party." - Stalin
DeleteThisAcount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

AwesomeGameCreator wrote:

1a3c5e7g9i wrote:

What is School IT?
What is Google?
What is mikrosoft

bybb
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

1a3c5e7g9i wrote:

What is School IT?
What is Google?
What is mikrosoft
What is Apple?

Back on topic now please :P

Anyway I found a weird dramatic video about game development on my schools thing (forgot what it's called ) and this man is making a world with cubes and texturing them like unreal engine (looked like the default assets as well) and then a woman comes into the world and then the man doesn't go near her and then it's revealed that that woman is the man's dying wife. What a lovely thing to have on the school servers.

Also there's images of all the IT teachers with the bulge effect added to their faces. Mr _____ looks so funny. Can't recognise 4 of the 6 (since they've left) Mr ________ is not there too.

Game Over
You'll find me on @LastContinue from now on.
DeleteThisAcount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

bybb wrote:

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

1a3c5e7g9i wrote:

What is School IT?
What is Google?
What is mikrosoft
What is Apple?

Back on topic now please :P

Anyway I found a weird dramatic video about game development on my schools thing (forgot what it's called ) and this man is making a world with cubes and texturing them like unreal engine (looked like the default assets as well) and then a woman comes into the world and then the man doesn't go near her and then it's revealed that that woman is the man's dying wife. What a lovely thing to have on the school servers.

Also there's images of all the IT teachers with the bulge effect added to their faces. Mr _____ looks so funny. Can't recognise 4 of the 6 (since they've left) Mr ________ is not there too.
What… LOL

what is *deletes account*

1a3c5e7g9i
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

1a3c5e7g9i wrote:

What is School IT?
What is Google?
<sarcasm style=“memory loss”>Hmmmmmm…</sarcasm>

Wao how is that possible

Uh Squidward? Yes Spongebob? You might want to look at this… HOLY SHRIMP! If we don't act now, well, think about how many clams I'll have to cough up JUST to see an extra portion of nick.com… or worse, to see ALL of it in general! *** Reader! This is not a fictional sketch! It actually is, but that's not the point. Learn more at the link that Spongebob left at the first instance of “this”.