Discuss Scratch

StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can I upload .gifs to my projects?

fnafmusic1234567 wrote:

when i try to add a gif in scratch 3.0 it doesn't work so can you tell why it does that.

elevatorman2007 wrote:

My browser / operating system: Linux, Chrome 71.0.3578.98, No Flash version detected

I'm having a similar problem. I click the upload button and it does not do anything. I can upload still images but not gifs. Please help!
It hasn't been implemented yet, be patient. I had to upload a 100+ image gif and it took time, either you can put in the hard work now, or wait until it's implemented… But it should be back within the decade.

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”
- Doctrine and Covenants 18:10

I have since moved to @JollyWinter
FatBoi3
Scratcher
4 posts

This is project meant to be a slideshow to introduce users to eveything they can do on Scratch, but I can't get the GIFs to move at a fast speed. I want this project to be less than 2 minutes long, and I have to add 4 more. Can anybody help?
Slideshow
Param100
Scratcher
16 posts

I was having the same problem but then I discovered this method removes all the gif glitches and upload failures.

There are some gif compressors online.
Upload your gif into it and it will compress your gif and then download the compressed gif and then upload the compressed gif in scratch.
RBPCGYT
Scratcher
11 posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

It won't work in MP4 of course, but if you take a picture of every single second of the video and upload all of them to Scratch and use the script VideoGamerCanlnvent recommended!

Pyrotech442 wrote:

when I receive [Scratch 3.0]
think [why can't I upload gifs?]
forever
change [panic] by (9999999999999)
end

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

But seriously, is there something in Scratch 3.0 that prevents me from uploading gifs?

Nah, just follow the instructions I gave above!

It seems WAY too hard, sorry! Any other ways?

Hihi! I'm RB! I like making cool projects!

when green flag clicked
say [I like doing this thing]
say [this is kind of random]
say [Bye! Have a nice day!]
stop [this script]
ajgirl4447
Scratcher
8 posts

you can go on tenor they have gifs i tryed using a tenor gif and it worked here is the link to tenor if you wanna use it
https://tenor.com/

go vote on a map im going to make!
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/26254731/projects/
johopixar
Scratcher
7 posts

Q