Discuss Scratch

Silver-skies
Scratcher
87 posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

Mecurey wrote:

Scratch is acting strange for me so I uploaded a project and named it then Scratch unshared ot and renamded back to Untitled-4 then I deleted the project and emptied my trash then it came back repeat over and over again, Do you have this problem? And is it a glitch?
Sorry, I think you've got the wrong topic. This is for problems with the comment and description filters.
consonant
Scratcher
57 posts

ConfusedBiscuit wrote:

Y'all, I said KFC (As in the restaurant) and the filter stated that something was inappropriate. When I deleted the KFC, it let me post.

CNR. What probably happened is something like this:

Say the word “rank” is a bad word which is filtered out.

You type:
I ran KFC as a manager for years.

See what I mean?

Last edited by consonant (Oct. 3, 2019 21:01:38)

I'm not a vowel.
The rest of this signature was eaten b—

<⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗ ❨ง'̀-'́❩ง ⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗::list>

Thanks, Clash!

He's my buddy, a little forum protector from evil kumquats. But he only likes me, not you, so he won't protect your siggies.
ConfusedBiscuit
Scratcher
1000+ posts

consonant wrote:

ConfusedBiscuit wrote:

Y'all, I said KFC (As in the restaurant) and the filter stated that something was inappropriate. When I deleted the KFC, it let me post.

CNR. What probably happened is something like this:

Say the word “rank” is a bad word which is filtered out.

You type:
I ran KFC as a manager for years.

See what I mean?
That's probably what happened.

#bringbackgladion
She/Her | Nerd | Weeb | A proud member of the forum helpers! | Lady Biscuitia the Confused | Mipha

Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is for filter issues only. Bugs and technical problems should be posted elsewhere, please.

RileyDawn
Scratcher
5 posts

For some reason whenever I try to use the word “kiss” in a RP message, a few hours later or sometimes sooner the comment gets deleted and i get a message asking me to “please keep RP themes appropriate” even if it’s just a mom kissing her kid goodnight! Any idea why this is happening??

And also just saying that a character kissed another character sets it off, even if there is NOTHING at all descriptive. If there was I would understand but it’s literally just stuff like “She kissed him and walked off to put their son to bed.” If someone can help with this I’d really appreciate it, and sorry if this is on the wrong topic this is my first time using the forums.

Last edited by RileyDawn (Oct. 5, 2019 15:10:22)

zhuoranma2006
Scratcher
100+ posts

Migrated from: here.

(removed by moderator - your username is too long) wrote:

You can't type
Discord

Sorry. :: looks
( Your [ signature ] :: reporter operators ) [ has been v] [eaten by] ( (an v) [evil] [kumquat] :: variables ) @delInput [ because v] {
( (the v) [shield] :: sensing ) < is :: pen > [broken] @addInput . :: control cap
} :: motion cap loop
consonant
Scratcher
57 posts

You still can't put “passcode” in project descriptions.

I'm not a vowel.

Thanks, Clash!

He's my buddy, a little forum protector from evil kumquats. But he only likes me, not you, so he won't protect your siggies.
Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

consonant wrote:

Probably passcode containing a word which Scratch might deem inappropriate. P***code. So use Password, and I think that works

consonant
Scratcher
57 posts

Coder_Annika wrote:

consonant wrote:

Probably passcode containing a word which Scratch might deem inappropriate. P***code. So use Password, and I think that works
I'm aware why; that's why I said “still”. I already made a post earlier.

I'm not a vowel.

Thanks, Clash!

Bagleboi10
Scratcher
10 posts

Ive seen a glitch where the backround does not show without moving it in the editor.

Oh hai stranger possibly stalking his convosation.
rosebud87
Scratcher
84 posts

i tried to make an account called users_followers because users/users_followers/followers and it said that it was inappropriate

qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Coder_Annika wrote:

consonant wrote:

How come password is allowed then? Password also has the non-domesticated-donkey word in it (that’s the actual meaning of the word, it’s not just another word for donkey).

Pokemon fan and shiny hunter. Servant of two cats and dogs. I love waffles!
Nya~
;
zhuoranma2006
Scratcher
100+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

consonant wrote:

How come password is allowed then? Password also has the non-domesticated-donkey word in it (that’s the actual meaning of the word, it’s not just another word for donkey).
“Password” seems to be whitelisted.

Sorry. :: looks
( Your [ signature ] :: reporter operators ) [ has been v] [eaten by] ( (an v) [evil] [kumquat] :: variables ) @delInput [ because v] {
( (the v) [shield] :: sensing ) < is :: pen > [broken] @addInput . :: control cap
} :: motion cap loop
consonant
Scratcher
57 posts

zhuoranma2006 wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

consonant wrote:

Yeah, it's whitelisted. I'm saying they need to whitelist passcode.

I'm not a vowel.

Thanks, Clash!

Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

consonant wrote:

zhuoranma2006 wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

consonant wrote:

Yeah, it's whitelisted. I'm saying they need to whitelist passcode.
It's strange. But oh well.

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

“Openish” for some reason triggers the filterbot.

God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17

Yeah I'm not funny.
Silver-skies
Scratcher
87 posts

EZ-Games wrote:

Delete the o and the h, then you'll see why.
ilovehamsters
Scratcher
100+ posts

EZ-Games wrote:

That's because it has a bad word if you don't have the o or the h

the road may have thorns,, вυт уσυ'ℓℓ αℓωαуѕ fιи∂ α ωαу тняσυgн. ѕтαу ѕтяσиg!!!

Quote by RosyStar

•–• Are you satisfied with your care? ~Baymax

LOOK AT DA FACE OF EVIL: •_•
cs458468
Scratcher
100+ posts

CeruleanRose wrote:

cs458468 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

Bear in mind that some words can't be fixed - because they might have multiple meanings- but this is a good idea as I can follow this topic and I'll get a message when there is a filter issue.

Perhaps you could add a few words to explain what the filter is so people aren't confused by this topic?

The filter is a program that looks at comments, studio descriptions, project instructions and so on looking for inappropriate words. Currently, it is not looking at words typed in the forums, which makes this a good place to discuss it. There is a much simpler filter that works in the forums - but it is hard-coded and not easy to change.

The Scratch Wiki has a bit on the filter too: https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Censor
So does that explain why every time I type a bunch of numbers it replaces it with X's?
The phone number filter removes strings of numbers of certain lengths
But what if it WASN'T a phone number?

This message has been approved by [Oscar the orange v] (:D) ::motion hat
if <evil kumquat detected :: sensing> then
exterminate all <(>:D :: list) :: custom blocks) > :: events stack
end
protect everyone from evil kumquats
scratch on! :: pen cap
Silver-skies
Scratcher
87 posts

cs458468 wrote:

CeruleanRose wrote:

cs458468 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

Bear in mind that some words can't be fixed - because they might have multiple meanings- but this is a good idea as I can follow this topic and I'll get a message when there is a filter issue.

Perhaps you could add a few words to explain what the filter is so people aren't confused by this topic?

The filter is a program that looks at comments, studio descriptions, project instructions and so on looking for inappropriate words. Currently, it is not looking at words typed in the forums, which makes this a good place to discuss it. There is a much simpler filter that works in the forums - but it is hard-coded and not easy to change.

The Scratch Wiki has a bit on the filter too: https://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Censor
So does that explain why every time I type a bunch of numbers it replaces it with X's?
The phone number filter removes strings of numbers of certain lengths
But what if it WASN'T a phone number?
And how would the filter know that?