Discuss Scratch

gigamushroom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super Mario "Official" Topic

-ColorMaster- wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

we're just gonna call this new despite the fact that it's a copy of the original 1985 super mario brothers format, but we need filler so we just release it anyway under the “new” branding so we can make a quick buck super mario bros.
More like

We're just copying the Wii version maybe adding a new powerup or two along with like 2 new enemies but we do have good level design since a bad Mario game would tarnish the brand but we just need a filler game that will sell some copies and we call it “new” Super Mario Bros.
Well, how else would you name a direct sequel?

Nintendo should've known calling it the “New” Super Mario Bros. was a bad move from the very beginning…

“You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’”
SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-ColorMaster- wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

we're just gonna call this new despite the fact that it's a copy of the original 1985 super mario brothers format, but we need filler so we just release it anyway under the “new” branding so we can make a quick buck super mario bros.
More like

We're just copying the Wii version maybe adding a new powerup or two along with like 2 new enemies but we do have good level design since a bad Mario game would tarnish the brand but we just need a filler game that will sell some copies and we call it “new” Super Mario Bros.
we're just literally selling you the same game with essentially the same assets and overall level design, but we maybe added a new enemy or powerup, despite the fact that we're calling it new, it's just a rehash of the DS original, but we need money so we're calling it new Super Mario Bros

Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

More like

we're just literally selling you the same game with essentially the same assets and overall level design, but we maybe added a new enemy or powerup, despite the fact that we're calling it new, it's just a rehash of the DS original, but we need money so we're calling it new Super Mario Bros
Its like if Sega called Mania New Sonic or if the next COD game was called new COD

Last edited by Dabzers (Nov. 14, 2017 22:56:20)

inactive

yay october
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gigamushroom wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

More like

Nintendo should've known calling it the “New” Super Mario Bros. was a bad move from the very beginning…
It made sense for the DS original since it'd been forever since the last 2D Mario (pretty sure that was World) but now they should just drop the New and call it like “Super Mario Bros U”.

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DaEpikDude wrote:

gigamushroom wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

More like

It made sense for the DS original since it'd been forever since the last 2D Mario (pretty sure that was World) but now they should just drop the New and call it like “Super Mario Bros U”.
Are we all just going to ignore Yoshi Story?

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

gigamushroom wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

More like

Yoshi's Story is a spinoff game, not part of the main series.
Or, alternatively, instead of being a Mario game it's a Yoshi game.

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DaEpikDude wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

gigamushroom wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

More like

Are we all going to ignore Super Mario World 2?

Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

gigamushroom wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

More like

inactive

yay october
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

gigamushroom wrote:

-ColorMaster- wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

More like

Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island, again, is a Yoshi game. Yoshi games are fundamentally different to Mario games: they're both in the Mario universe and they're platformers, but that doesn't make them necessarily part of the same series. Like, Paper Mario is set in the Mario universe, you play as Mario, you jump, but it's not part of the main series. It's a spinoff.

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DaEpikDude wrote:

[
Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island, again, is a Yoshi game. Yoshi games are fundamentally different to Mario games: they're both in the Mario universe and they're platformers, but that doesn't make them necessarily part of the same series. Like, Paper Mario is set in the Mario universe, you play as Mario, you jump, but it's not part of the main series. It's a spinoff.
It has the name Mario in it and Mario's in it, so I consider it a Mario game.

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

[
It is a Mario game, but it's not a MAIN SERIES Mario game. It's not part of the main Mario platformers.
On the SNES the only main series Mario game was World, and the next one was 64, then Sunshine etc.

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DaEpikDude wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

It is a Mario game, but it's not a MAIN SERIES Mario game. It's not part of the main Mario platformers.
On the SNES the only main series Mario game was World, and the next one was 64, then Sunshine etc.
Super Mario World 2. It's literally a direct sequel to World. By that logic, Galaxy 2 is not a main Mario game.

Last edited by SonicMasterSystem (Nov. 15, 2017 02:33:45)

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

SonicMasterSystem wrote:

DaEpikDude wrote:

Super Mario World 2. It's literally a direct sequel to World. By that logic, Galaxy 2 is not a main Mario game.
Notice how when Yoshi's Island DS comes out it's not Super Mario World 3?
Also, nobody calls it Super Mario World 2 anyway.

How about this:
If Sega came out with a “Sonic Colors 2 or something but you play as the Wisps with Sonic taking a supportive role and the gameplay mechanics were switched up so the only thing in common is ”you run fast", would you consider it a main series Sonic game?

Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SonicMasterSystem
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I heard they messed up the new MarioParty. Am I the only person that enjoyed MP8?
Rest in peace MarioParty, I really liked that one on the DS and the one one the Wii before the car.
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've finished Super Mario Odyssey 100%. That means getting 100 or more in the Jump Rope Challenge. I have a confession, though… My high score is 2537… I'm the 133rd best player in the world at that challenge.

jreed243
New to Scratch
3 posts

I always like Super Mario Bros 3 for NES. Super Mario World for SNES. The best ever.

ACE

Last edited by jreed243 (Nov. 17, 2017 04:53:47)

AAlanScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

http://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-super-mario-movie-universal-illumination-2017-11
Eh, I don't understand how you can make a movie out of a video game, as you actually make the story when you play it. Well, sort of. But I would love to see Mario talk full sentences again, but I probably would not like to see a Mario character talk about toilet jokes all the time…

I don't talk here anymore, I honestly have some bad memories here arguing with people here and people thinking I'm weird for openly being bisexual. Go to my profile to check where I'm doing now. I really wish people would forgive me for my horrible mistakes when I check back here.