Discuss Scratch

FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

We need a proper Scratch app for iPad, not one that needs jailbreaking (jail breaking is bad) (Jail breaking lets people see your own info like
where you live)
footsocktoe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch on iPad

FellowFlea wrote:

We need a proper Scratch app for iPad, not one that needs jailbreaking (jail breaking is bad) (Jail breaking lets people see your own info like
where you live)

The Puffin app will let you use Scratch, I think, on an iPad. Or any app browser that enables Flash should work.


SHOOT THE SPACE MONSTERS! ….. A game everyone can play! Bright colors, bonky sounds!
THE 12 BALLS OF CRAZY AL ……. New scrolling adventure game!

FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

Thanks
when [ v] key pressed
FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

footsocktoe wrote:

FellowFlea wrote:

We need a proper Scratch app for iPad, not one that needs jailbreaking (jail breaking is bad) (Jail breaking lets people see your own info like
where you live)
This is good advice.

Last edited by FellowFlea (Jan. 1, 2017 12:13:11)

FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

footsocktoe wrote:

FellowFlea wrote:

We need a proper Scratch app for iPad, not one that needs jailbreaking (jail breaking is bad) (Jail breaking lets people see your own info like
where you live)

My dad is getting the app.
FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

FellowFlea wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

FellowFlea wrote:

We need a proper Scratch app for iPad, not one that needs jailbreaking (jail breaking is bad) (Jail breaking lets people see your own info like
where you live)
and now he is not getting it:-(.
FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

move (my dads posting!!!) steps
FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

I Think web browsers should have ristrictions for younger audeinces
FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

I think scratch for iPad should have a new exlusive alien to the app like blip (blip is a thing I made up)
or a new block likk
if <Sprite 1 is moving then..> 



else
You get the idea...
end

FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

move (Ios 11 should alow it) steps
FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

Opps I erlair post I added a typo
TimeWomble
New to Scratch
1 post

Scratch on iPad

iPads for children should be run with the appropriate level of Restrictions to prevent them seeing unsuitable content. Puffin has the following problems:
1. The app is rated 17+ (because it has full internet access). If the iPad is locked down to a lower age level (i.e. to make it kid safe) then Puffin can't be installed (or, if already installed, seen). Allowing all age apps may not be an issue if App Store access is disabled and any higher age-rated apps are removed.
2. Worryingly, Puffin does not obey the iOS Restrictions->Websites setting (except, ironically, on its own Settings page), so kids can access anything on the internet. This is probably because it is all proxied through their servers in order to provide Flash support, etc.
3. Most seriously, Puffin does not appear to provide any content filters or restrictions of its own (that I could see, anyway, looking at the Settings page within the Puffin app, and also looking at the Puffin settings in the iOS Settings app).

We really need a proper iPad Scratch app. I suspect it'll have to wait until after Scratch is migrated from Adobe technologies to pure HTML5.
FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

TimeWomble wrote:

iPads for children should be run with the appropriate level of Restrictions to prevent them seeing unsuitable content. Puffin has the following problems:
1. The app is rated 17+ (because it has full internet access). If the iPad is locked down to a lower age level (i.e. to make it kid safe) then Puffin can't be installed (or, if already installed, seen). Allowing all age apps may not be an issue if App Store access is disabled and any higher age-rated apps are removed.
2. Worryingly, Puffin does not obey the iOS Restrictions->Websites setting (except, ironically, on its own Settings page), so kids can access anything on the internet. This is probably because it is all proxied through their servers in order to provide Flash support, etc.
3. Most seriously, Puffin does not appear to provide any content filters or restrictions of its own (that I could see, anyway, looking at the Settings page within the Puffin app, and also looking at the Puffin settings in the iOS Settings app).

Timewomble you are completely right
FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

I heard that a scratch app is coming out soon but till then keep making ideas
when green flag clicked
repeat (Imagine)programeend

Last edited by FellowFlea (Jan. 1, 2017 12:52:49)

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch on iPad

Heard that MIT is working on an officially Scratch app!

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

I'm sorry but the scratch wiki is not up to date the leaving scratch behind and making a ugly programme called blocks:-(
FellowFlea
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch on iPad

But keep making ideas for features
TealWashableMarker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch on iPad

Actually, in the big 3.0 update coming sometime this year, you will be able to work on projects through the Scratch website on mobile devices (That includes things like iPads and tablets)
Bright-Idea
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch on iPad

Yep! Scratch will be converted to HTML5, and you will be able to use it on mobile devices. It should be premiering sometime in the near future, like early-mid 2017.

I’m Back!
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch on iPad

We do want a mobile app for Scratch, however that would be a bit more difficult (rewriting Scratch 2.0 (and possibly 3.0) top-down with a sharing feature), and it wouldn't be necessary as Scratch 3.0 will be written in HTML5 - something supported by iOS and Android, as well as most other web browsers.

The reason why the full Scratch website doesn't work is because iPads are not Flash-compatible.

If you're impatient, and you would like to use a functional Scratch now on a Flash-running web browser, use footsocktoe's suggestion:

footsocktoe wrote:

The Puffin app will let you use Scratch, I think, on an iPad. Or any app browser that enables Flash should work.
___

FellowFlea wrote:

I think scratch for iPad should have a new exlusive alien to the app like blip (blip is a thing I made up)
or a new block likk
if <Sprite 1 is moving then..> 
else
You get the idea...
end
You should suggest a new character and block in the Suggestions forum, rather than here.

TimeWomble wrote:

iPads for children should be run with the appropriate level of Restrictions to prevent them seeing unsuitable content. Puffin has the following problems:
1. The app is rated mature, because it has full Internet access. If the iPad is locked down to a lower age level, then Puffin cannot be installed.
2. Worryingly, Puffin does not obey to iOS Restrictions.
3. Puffin does not appear to have it's own content filters/restrictions of its own.

We really need a proper iPad Scratch app. I suspect it'll have to wait until after Scratch is migrated from Adobe technologies to pure HTML5.
I don't see a proper iPad Scratch app as the solution - as of now, you could go with Scratch Jr., an official MIT app, or wait until Scratch 3.0 is released late next year which will be HTML5 compatible - meaning it could be used on Safari.

nickeljorn wrote:

Heard that MIT is working on an officially Scratch app!
Isn't that Scratch Jr., if otherwise may I have a source?

FellowFlea wrote:

I'm sorry but the scratch wiki is not up to date the leaving scratch behind and making a ugly programme called blocks:-(
I'm not sure what you're saying - blocks are part of Scratch.

TealWashableMarker wrote:

Actually, in the big 3.0 update coming sometime this year, you will be able to work on projects through the Scratch website on mobile devices (That includes things like iPads and tablets)
Yes, because it's written in HTML5.

Bright-Idea wrote:

Yep! Scratch will be converted to HTML5, and you will be able to use it on mobile devices. It should be premiering sometime in the near future, like early-mid 2017.
According to the Wiki article and a few other sources, they're aiming for an alpha by the end of 2017 - and alpha's are before the final release.


7500+ posts (19th)

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile