Discuss Scratch

dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

Let's face it; almost everyone who posts on this forum has made at least one duplicate post during his/her Scratch history. I'm one of those people. (My post was https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/224344/?page=1#post-2275469 and I had also accidentally posted it in the wrong section.) the reason that I posted it, and the reason that I figure is behind most duplicate posts, is because I didn't know that there was already a post for that because I didn't look through the Scratch suggestions forum because IT'S OVER 500 PAGES LONG AND HAS 25 POSTS PER PAGE AND NO ONE WANTS TO LOOK THROUGH 13,956 TITLES TO SEE IF PAGE NUMBER 271 OR SOMETHING CONTAINS A POST ABOUT THE TOPIC THAT (S)HE WANTS TO POST ABOUT! However, I also have a solution, or actually, two solutions:

1. Create a system or something that allows people to search for posts in a particular forum using keywords. For https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/224344/?page=1#post-2275469 I would have been happy to search through the Suggestions forum with the keywords “username send message/alert” if such a system to do that had exists! Unfortunately, it either didn't, or wasn't obvious enough for me to be able to access it in the 2-3 minutes that I spent trying to find such a system. (I mean nothing that works; there are forum search capabilities, but not with keywords, so this suggestion basically means to add keyword search capabilities to forum search.)
a. I also think that there should be a way to search in the comments of a particular post to prevent duplicate comments (two comments with the same main idea in the same post).
2. Split the Suggestions Forum even further. Now it should be split into multiple forums based on what each forum is about. There would be one forum for suggesting new blocks, another forum for suggesting changes to profile pages (like, "There should be a separate bar on profile pages that shows only users who are following and being followed by that user."), a third forum for suggestions to comment mechanics (like https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/224344/?page=1#post-2275469), a fourth forum for suggestions about the forums (like this post), etc… As a general rule, I think that any forum with at least 100 pages (2,500 posts) NEEDS a split. Other forums would get split differently. For example, the Help with Scripts forum would get split into one forum for Help with Motion Scripts, another forum for Help with Sound Scripts, another forum for Help with Pen Scripts, etc…. If you have improvements that you'd like to see be made to profile pages and improvements that you'd like to see be made to forums, make a separate post in each forum. This may seem inconvenient to you, but chances are, you find duplicate posts even more annoying. Also, not only will that divide the number of posts that you need to search through (or the number of false positives that might turn up when you search with keywords if my first idea is implemented), but the people who run Scratch and people looking to see if there is a workaround that absence of the suggesting block will also have an easier time finding what they're looking for.
3. I don't think that this suggestion will be necessary if my first idea is implemented, but here it goes: Whenever someone creates a new post, there should be some coding that tells the post who's about to post the suggestion of any other posts that coding says the post maybe be a duplicate post of and gives the links. Also, there should be a message if the coding thinks that the person is about to make the post in the wrong forum and a link redirecting the person to the correct person. It will make the poster review that links that it gives, but after the poster does that, (s)he'll be able to post it iff (s)he still feels that this isn't a duplicate and that it's in the correct forum.


Also, if it turns out that this post is a duplicate post of another post, then THAT JUST PROVES MY POINT!

Last edited by dvargasews (Jan. 24, 2017 22:55:28)


Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

monstermash3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

1. Maybe the Discuss Search at the top of the Discuss page should be fixed.
2. Semi-support, it would result in a lot of forums.
3. No support. If the detector was incorrect, it would be super annoying.

(Swallowed by an evil kumquat who was just taking a walk in the neighborhood of evil kumquats when they saw a garage sale where they bought a plate which they used to eat but they discovered that it leaked and they went to get their money back but the sale was over so they went in the house but the door was locked so they got their key but it didn't fit so they went home to use the key on the right door which was their own door and then they decided to swallow a signature for no reason.)
dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

monstermash3 wrote:

2. Semi-support, it would result in a lot of forums.
Why is that a problem? It would help everyone find what (s)he wants more easily.

Last edited by dvargasews (Dec. 11, 2016 03:41:56)


Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

The current solution works well enough.

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/212472/

They're stickied for a reason.

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
Solmux
Scratcher
100+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

No support, do you know what a sticky is?

v i s i t m y p r o f i l e o r e l s e y o u w i l l b e b a n i s h e d f r o m t h e l a n d o f e x i s t e n c e . f o l l o w t o o .


this is very sad. can we hit 50 likes pls?
dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

MathlyCat wrote:

The current solution works well enough.

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/212472/

They're stickied for a reason.
The sticky is missing a lot of suggestions. I didn't see username tagging on there.

Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

dvargasews wrote:

MathlyCat wrote:

The current solution works well enough.

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/212472/

They're stickied for a reason.
The sticky is missing a lot of suggestions. I didn't see username tagging on there.
I usually only add suggestions when people post them. If you see suggestions I'm missing, please post them, it helps a lot.

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.”
- Helen Keller
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
- Maya Angelou
- thanks to brainyquote.com for the quotes -


dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

bigpuppy wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

MathlyCat wrote:

The current solution works well enough.

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/212472/

They're stickied for a reason.
The sticky is missing a lot of suggestions. I didn't see username tagging on there.
I usually only add suggestions when people post them. If you see suggestions I'm missing, please post them, it helps a lot.
There are 13482 topics on this forum, and the number will only grow.
If you included every single idea, chances are, the sticky would be so long that it would take up at least five entire pages by itself.

Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

The simple solution would be to fix the forum search bar and add a notice that comes up when you try to make a new topic post that says to use the search bar first to check if it already exists.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

jji10 wrote:

The simple solution would be to fix the forum search bar and add a notice that comes up when you try to make a new topic post that says to use the search bar first to check if it already exists.
But if the the big forum is split up into smaller forums, then one wouldn't need to search through as many things because there wouldn't be as many false positives.

Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

jji10 wrote:

The simple solution would be to fix the forum search bar and add a notice that comes up when you try to make a new topic post that says to use the search bar first to check if it already exists.
Also, most people would probably ignore it.

Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

dvargasews wrote:

bigpuppy wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

MathlyCat wrote:

The current solution works well enough.

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/212472/

They're stickied for a reason.
The sticky is missing a lot of suggestions. I didn't see username tagging on there.
I usually only add suggestions when people post them. If you see suggestions I'm missing, please post them, it helps a lot.
There are 13482 topics on this forum, and the number will only grow.
If you included every single idea, chances are, the sticky would be so long that it would take up at least five entire pages by itself.
You still need to consider that it helps insanely to post more topics; and not always is a duplicate used. I've seen cases where a topic is often way to popular to have discussion moved.

1. Eh, this used to be a thing, if they fix it, it'll be easier
2. No, this clutters everything to an extreme and gives the ST a huge mess; where are we putting the stickies, how exactly are we supposed to sort this?
3. Like I stated above special cases, and the actual process of making it is extremely large and killer (in JS at least). It would be too finicky and annoying.

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

MathlyCat wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

bigpuppy wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

MathlyCat wrote:

The current solution works well enough.

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/212472/

They're stickied for a reason.
The sticky is missing a lot of suggestions. I didn't see username tagging on there.
I usually only add suggestions when people post them. If you see suggestions I'm missing, please post them, it helps a lot.
There are 13482 topics on this forum, and the number will only grow.
If you included every single idea, chances are, the sticky would be so long that it would take up at least five entire pages by itself.
You still need to consider that it helps insanely to post more topics; and not always is a duplicate used. I've seen cases where a topic is often way to popular to have discussion moved.

1. Eh, this used to be a thing, if they fix it, it'll be easier
2. No, this clutters everything to an extreme and gives the ST a huge mess; where are we putting the stickies, how exactly are we supposed to sort this?
3. Like I stated above special cases, and the actual process of making it is extremely large and killer (in JS at least). It would be too finicky and annoying.
First of all, did you know that you don't have to number the lists manually? You do it like this: (By the way, this will also contain my actual response to each of your responses.)
  1. Yes; almost everyone, including me, wants it to be fixed. However, I think that it would be better if my second suggestion was accepted because then there would be less false positives.
  2. Everyone sorted five posts each time (s)he went on the Scratch forum, everyone who made a new post sorted that post and two others, and everyone who made a comment sorted one post, I think that we could sort everything in less than two weeks. Also, just have what is now the suggestions forums link link to a list of the subforums about suggestions to Scratch. There might even be a page for everything in any of the suggestion subforums.
  3. We could just program the computer to learn from examples and then see how good it is after 2-3 months or so.

Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

Saiid
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

dvargasews wrote:

First of all, did you know that you don't have to number the lists manually? You do it like this: (By the way, this will also contain my actual response to each of your responses.)
-snip-
As for your last point, that's actually kinda funny ‘cause I’m taking a class on Machine Learning algorithms from Columbia University

Saiid


Google Sv4mvJbXBJPClyDgc7p5WkYITBi618 to see all my posts

;
dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

First of all, did you know that you don't have to number the lists manually? You do it like this: (By the way, this will also contain my actual response to each of your responses.)
-snip-
As for your last point, that's actually kinda funny ‘cause I’m taking a class on Machine Learning algorithms from Columbia University

Saiid
Really. What exactly are you learning?

Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

Saiid
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

dvargasews wrote:

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

First of all, did you know that you don't have to number the lists manually? You do it like this: (By the way, this will also contain my actual response to each of your responses.)
-snip-
As for your last point, that's actually kinda funny ‘cause I’m taking a class on Machine Learning algorithms from Columbia University

Saiid
Really. What exactly are you learning?
Machine Learning. Basically it's a class on the different types of machine learning, different machine learning algorithms, how to make them, how to check if they are good/efficient, etc.
And I'm enrolled for a class on AI that starts in January(I forget which college it is tho)

Saiid


Google Sv4mvJbXBJPClyDgc7p5WkYITBi618 to see all my posts

;
dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

First of all, did you know that you don't have to number the lists manually? You do it like this: (By the way, this will also contain my actual response to each of your responses.)
-snip-
As for your last point, that's actually kinda funny ‘cause I’m taking a class on Machine Learning algorithms from Columbia University

Saiid
Really. What exactly are you learning?
Machine Learning. Basically it's a class on the different types of machine learning, different machine learning algorithms, how to make them, how to check if they are good/efficient, etc.
And I'm enrolled for a class on AI that starts in January(I forget which college it is tho)

Saiid
Maybe you could help the Scratch Team design a program for that. Should a put a link to this comment in Paddle2See's profile?

Last edited by dvargasews (Dec. 9, 2016 20:06:14)


Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

Bright-Idea
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

dvargasews wrote:

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

First of all, did you know that you don't have to number the lists manually? You do it like this: (By the way, this will also contain my actual response to each of your responses.)
-snip-
As for your last point, that's actually kinda funny ‘cause I’m taking a class on Machine Learning algorithms from Columbia University

Saiid
Really. What exactly are you learning?
Machine Learning. Basically it's a class on the different types of machine learning, different machine learning algorithms, how to make them, how to check if they are good/efficient, etc.
And I'm enrolled for a class on AI that starts in January(I forget which college it is tho)

Saiid
Maybe you could help the Scratch Team design a program for that. Should a put a link to this comment in PaddleToSee's profile?
PS: It's Paddle2See.

I’m Back!
Digital_Gaming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

dvargasews wrote:

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

First of all, did you know that you don't have to number the lists manually? You do it like this: (By the way, this will also contain my actual response to each of your responses.)
-snip-
As for your last point, that's actually kinda funny ‘cause I’m taking a class on Machine Learning algorithms from Columbia University

Saiid
Really. What exactly are you learning?
Machine Learning. Basically it's a class on the different types of machine learning, different machine learning algorithms, how to make them, how to check if they are good/efficient, etc.
And I'm enrolled for a class on AI that starts in January(I forget which college it is tho)

Saiid
Maybe you could help the Scratch Team design a program for that. Should a put a link to this comment in PaddleToSee's profile?
It's paddle2see

If you want to join the most creative studio on Scratch than ask to join Scratch Underground If you want to join Scratches Premium studio than ask to join Scratch Deluxe I hope you ask to join one of those and have a nice day. Check out my Official fan club!Click here if you want to check out my amazing projects DIGITAL GAMING SCRATCH AWARDS 2017
CHECK OUT THE OFFCIAL TOPICS FOR FORZA, HALO , CALL OF DUTY, BATTLEFEILD 1,THE CREW,DESTINY, RESIDENT EVIL,SONIC BOOM, PIXAR AND SUPER MARIO RUN
SCRATCH SUPERGUIDE
OFFICIAL TOPIC FOR TALKING ABOUT SHIPS
dvargasews
Scratcher
500+ posts

A solution to duplicate posts

Bright-Idea wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

First of all, did you know that you don't have to number the lists manually? You do it like this: (By the way, this will also contain my actual response to each of your responses.)
-snip-
As for your last point, that's actually kinda funny ‘cause I’m taking a class on Machine Learning algorithms from Columbia University

Saiid
Really. What exactly are you learning?
Machine Learning. Basically it's a class on the different types of machine learning, different machine learning algorithms, how to make them, how to check if they are good/efficient, etc.
And I'm enrolled for a class on AI that starts in January(I forget which college it is tho)

Saiid
Maybe you could help the Scratch Team design a program for that. Should a put a link to this comment in PaddleToSee's profile?
PS: It's Paddle2See.

Digital_Gaming wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

Saiid wrote:

dvargasews wrote:

First of all, did you know that you don't have to number the lists manually? You do it like this: (By the way, this will also contain my actual response to each of your responses.)
-snip-
As for your last point, that's actually kinda funny ‘cause I’m taking a class on Machine Learning algorithms from Columbia University

Saiid
Really. What exactly are you learning?
Machine Learning. Basically it's a class on the different types of machine learning, different machine learning algorithms, how to make them, how to check if they are good/efficient, etc.
And I'm enrolled for a class on AI that starts in January(I forget which college it is tho)

Saiid
Maybe you could help the Scratch Team design a program for that. Should a put a link to this comment in PaddleToSee's profile?
It's paddle2see
[frustrated_tone_of_voice]Okay! I get it! You didn't need to tell me twice![/frustrated_tone_of_voice]

Was that really the most constructive and/or productive comment that you could have made?

Please read my signature! It might explain some lingo that I used in my post or comment. However, not all of it shows, so you have to highlight the entire bottom of the post, from “Please read my signature!” to where it says report, and copy and paste in into a new sheet or tab or whatever.
I can't decide my signature between:
1. I'm a grammar stickler, and my pet peeve is when people use good as an adverb.
2. I have lots of [creativity]original ideas[/creativity]. [creativity]This[/creativity] is one of those ideas.
3. If I used this symbol: ⸮ in my comment, please look it up before doing anything else.
4. {Minot, North Dakota/Donald Trump parodies} “WE'RE GONNA BUILD A DAM AND MAKE CANADA PAY FOR IT!” “When Canada sends its water, they’re not sending their best drinking water…They’re bringing sleet. They’re bringing floods. The water's toxic.” (It's just a joke that I came up with.)
5. One should make his/her signature text small; that way (s)he can cram more text into the signature.
6. New [scratchblocks] idea each week! (Thanks to Bright-Idea (Read her signature.) for inspiration/the general idea.) Here's the archive:
Note: I stopped this because of signature character limits.
Week of 1-23-2017: Hat-caps tinyurl.com/htauyu2
Week of 1-16-2017: Country-colored scratchblocks tinyurl.com/z8lz6c4
Week of 1-9-2017: Drop-down booleans tinyurl.com/j5d3k6l
Week of 1-2-2017: Block->string inputs and more truth values tinyurl.com/jqu7avs

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile