Discuss Scratch

-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

@MasterOfTheTiger

That is an interesting question, I think that the individual shops would be able to join as shop members, however the central unit (TigerStores) would have to join as a subsidiary, so as to limit its power, because being the head of four or five subshops makes your pop multiply much much faster, and allows you to have twice as many reps if the subshops were uss members too
Well, then wouldn't all the other shops also have representatives as well? Making if they join separately the same? Just wondering, I actually agree with you.
I also thought about that, but each shop is focused on something different, making their interests just as diverse.
Can we elect representatives through TigerStores, but have them represent the other shops?
Ask Austin, he's the expert on USS law.
Okay.

Here:

What do you think of it?
Wut

Those who strive above all else to be rich in worldly goods are often trying to hide their spiritual poverty.
-Anonymous
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither.
-Benjamin Franklin
There is no greater love than that, that a man should lay down his life for his friend. Think, Daniel, can you repay such love with hate?
-The Bronze Bow, by Elizabeth George Speare
All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.
-March Albom
MasterOfTheTiger
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Anvard- wrote:

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

@MasterOfTheTiger

That is an interesting question, I think that the individual shops would be able to join as shop members, however the central unit (TigerStores) would have to join as a subsidiary, so as to limit its power, because being the head of four or five subshops makes your pop multiply much much faster, and allows you to have twice as many reps if the subshops were uss members too
Well, then wouldn't all the other shops also have representatives as well? Making if they join separately the same? Just wondering, I actually agree with you.
Each shop would not have to join separately, and the representatives should be appointed from each shop respectively.
I really want each shop to be clear of really anything but orders. So I want TigerStores to be the place where we run things. Do you have a solution?
I think it would be fine if only the members of each individual shop were eligible for representation.
Okay. That is what I was thinking. TigerStores does not have many subsidiary shops yet, but two are in the making/

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger and Coder_Annika's Shop
sig by @myed - get yours here.

MasterOfTheTiger: Owner of MasterOfTheTiger's Shop Triple S, Shop Helpers, and SH Orders.
MasterOfTheTiger: Worker at GlitterStores, Request Shop, +
MasterOfTheTiger: Devoted to the success of Scratch Shops.

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger's shop - I do banners, logos, thumbnails, coding, intros and more here!

MasterOfTheTiger
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Anvard- wrote:

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

@MasterOfTheTiger

I also thought about that, but each shop is focused on something different, making their interests just as diverse.
Can we elect representatives through TigerStores, but have them represent the other shops?
Okay.

Here:

What do you think of it?
Wut
That was my message to the owner.

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger and Coder_Annika's Shop

MasterOfTheTiger: Owner of MasterOfTheTiger's Shop Triple S, Shop Helpers, and SH Orders.

Do you need a good banner, or coding, or something else? Check out MasterOfTheTiger's shop - I do banners, logos, thumbnails, coding, intros and more here!

-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

@MasterOfTheTiger

Okay.

Here:

What do you think of it?
Wut
That was my message to the owner.
Oh lol

Those who strive above all else to be rich in worldly goods are often trying to hide their spiritual poverty.
-Anonymous
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither.
-Benjamin Franklin
There is no greater love than that, that a man should lay down his life for his friend. Think, Daniel, can you repay such love with hate?
-March Albom
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jromagnoli wrote:

I think we should notify shops.
I kind of find notifying each individual representative more tedious, but possibly more beneficial.

-Anvard- wrote:

Probably. After the vote is counted should I repost my candidacy post if the prop is approved?
Yes.

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

Hello, TigerStores has ceased being a shop in and of itself. It is now a collection of shops. It is like the top of the chain of many shops fully devoted to different things. What will its place in the USS be?
Just like Appadeia's request-forwarding system, it will be now considered a subsidiary unless it completes its orders by itself.

-Anvard- wrote:

@MasterOfTheTiger

Great opinion, and I side with this, alongside my previous statement. Thanks for the input and you should consider being a member of the Justice Department to help make official verdicts.

Also, I might add this statement to the USS Constitution to make this more clear in terms of our view(s) of these systems.

EDIT: It has been added to the FAQ.

One thing I haven't quite decided upon is if shops under it could have representatives. They're welcome to join the USS, but they're representation might become excessive and possibly biased as they're under a subsidiary.

Last edited by Austinato (May 22, 2017 18:10:42)

7500+ posts (19th)
MasterOfTheTiger
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

One thing I haven't quite decided upon is if shops under it could have representatives. They're welcome to join the USS, but they're representation might become excessive and possibly biased as they're under a subsidiary.
Isn't it even worse having people represent many different shops?

MasterOfTheTiger
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In and Out now has a population of 14.

-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

Great opinion, and I side with this, alongside my previous statement. Thanks for the input and you should consider being a member of the Justice Department to help make official verdicts.

Also, I might add this statement to the USS Constitution to make this more clear in terms of our view(s) of these systems.
Thanks! I would consider it but don't I have to be appointed by TCP first?

Austinato wrote:

Perhaps they would be limited to one representative as well?

Also, quick question: where are propositions stored?

Last edited by -Anvard- (May 22, 2017 17:45:49)

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Isn't it even worse having people represent many different shops?
Yeah. Representation for these are intended for the central unit, not the entire system, but the whole idea of representation is so that it represents everybody involved.

MasterOfTheTiger wrote:

In and Out now has a population of 14.
Thanks for updating us.

-Anvard- wrote:

Yeah.

Austinato wrote:

Perhaps they would be limited to one representative as well?

Also, quick question: where are propositions stored?
Possibly. I'll need additional time to decide on that. Also, it used to be stored on another topic, but I think it's closed now.

7500+ posts (19th)
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

Yeah.
It seems like he is inactive. in fact, it seems like all three justices are inactive.

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Anvard- wrote:

Austinato wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

Yeah.
It seems like he is inactive. in fact, it seems like all three justices are inactive.
I'll talk to TacoCatProuductions, and if I don't get a response, I can possibly demote him to a standard justice. stryer21 seems to be a somewhat active justice, and replacing the Chief Justice position is one that I'm going to consider.

There is no rule/law explicitly stating that he can fire Justice Department members, so that might be an option.

Another thing I'm considering is permitting the potential upcoming Presidential position to appoint individuals.

EDIT: Clarified stuff, and I said “however” too much.

Last edited by Austinato (May 22, 2017 20:27:18)

7500+ posts (19th)
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

I'll talk to TacoCatProuductions, and if I don't get a response, I can possibly demote him to a standard justice. stryer21 seems to be a somewhat active justice, and replacing the Chief Justice position is one that I'm going to consider.

There is no rule/law explicitly stating that he can fire Justice Department members, so that might be an option.

Another thing I'm considering is permitting the potential upcoming Presidential position to appoint individuals.

EDIT: Clarified stuff, and I said “however” too much.
Cool, yeah I've seen him around.

Okay

There'd have to be some kind of check though, so the judicial department didn't get too biased.

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
DrChicken24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

DrChicken24 wrote:

Five star scratch shop now has 18 workers.
Okay, thanks for updating us on the count. You should have space for another representative now.
Ok, can I have @bellesherman as 3rd rep?

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Anvard- wrote:

There'd have to be some kind of check though, so the judicial department didn't get too biased.
True. Yet again, I'd wish for the justice department to be completely filled in at some point soon, but I don't want to rush it with biased individuals.

DrChicken24 wrote:

Okay. You have a fourth one, by the way.

7500+ posts (19th)
DrChicken24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

True. Yet again, I'd wish for the justice department to be completely filled in at some point soon, but I don't want to rush it with biased individuals.

DrChicken24 wrote:

Okay. You have a fourth one, by the way.
Oh, @BananaCodingMaster as 4th.

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DrChicken24 wrote:

Oh, @BananaCodingMaster as 4th.
Will update.

makethebrainhappy wrote:

I will not be running for the president's position.
Okay.

7500+ posts (19th)
Josiahdetention
Scratcher
23 posts

Something about the uss

Can i join?

Save the Internet. This time, Europeans are the ones who will get hit.
The European Union is implementing a law, Article 13, that is not just very vague, but very, very (I mean it) restricting. DanTDM, don't blame me (blame the European Union) if you're banned from playing your Nintendo DS on camera unless you pay Nintendo a certain amount of money, however much they decide. (Yes, the new laws will allow that!) Don't force me to overwork my mouth and make me say all the possible loopholes (the previous one wasn't even a loophole, by the way) with Article 13.

Copy and paste this and put it in your signature to save Europeans.
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

Perhaps we could have a small group of people, numbering 9, who approve each judge appointed by the President.

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
Ravenfur2004
Scratcher
100+ posts

Username*: Ravenfur2004
How long have you been on Scratch? * a year
Why do you want this position? * To help people with their shops
How will you help the USS stop rulebreakers? * in any way that i can
How will you contribute to the USS as a moderator? * by helping
Other?* I am following this topic, and I am applying for watcher

Last edited by Ravenfur2004 (May 23, 2017 00:55:04)

Want some o' this awesome text? Click on it!