Discuss Scratch

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Transition Update
A small group of high-level USS officials has been assembled to ensure a smooth transition between leadership.

I will release a final resignation letter around the same day as the new topic being created. The date is unknown as of today.

-XxX-MEOW-XxX- is being briefed by existing high-level officials.

Thanks for reading,
Austinato
Resigning co-owner and co-founder of the United Shops of Scratch

EDIT:
The USS is two years old today!

-*-
This is an official statement on behalf of leadership of the United Shops of Scratch (the USS).

Last edited by Austinato (Oct. 28, 2018 03:08:52)



7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Hello everyone,

I would like to inform you all that the transition process is still ongoing. We haven't abandoned the project.

Thanks for reading,
Austinato
Resigning co-owner and co-founder of the United Shops of Scratch

-*-
This is an official statement on behalf of leadership of the United Shops of Scratch (the USS).


7500+ posts (19th)
-XxX-MEOW-XxX-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

New topic officially created! View it here.

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Resignation of the Position of “Senior” Co-Leader of the United Shops of Scratch

Hello everyone,

I am here to announce that my resignation as co-leader of the United Shops of Scratch has been finished, and that -XxX-MEOW-XxX- is the new leader of the federation. I thank everyone who has worked with me, past and present as primary owner of the USS. It is important to note that I was not the only leader, as monkeytrooper has greatly contributed through the journey.

This past election had great candidates and unfortunately only one could have won.

Here are some statements I would like to say.

Some comments have been copied from my initial resignation letter from October 5, 2018.

History of the USS

On October 27, 2016, following the closure of TSF and during the "post-TSF recession“, me and monkeytrooper started this collaborative effort, called the United Shops of Scratch. Immediately in mind I had come up with the idea that the USS would work in similarity to how the US works; a legislative branch, an executive branch, and a judicial branch.

It would be complex but easy to understand, and it could also become large and important in the Scratch community.

Throughout late 2016 and the first half of 2017, we saw tremendous growth. We reached the peak - 50 shops and about three organizations. At that point, applications and such slowed down and inactivity became a major concern. Eventually all of the inactive members of the USS had been kicked out and we fell back to under 20 shop members.

Early 2018 we had attempted to re-boot the USS and re-structure it, including a ”Special Interest Group" being created by me and ran by some fellow Scratchers, but that quickly fell into inactivity as well.

On October 5, 2018, I took initiative to allow new thoughts to come in and help the USS come back from its decline we faced last year by resigning from my position as senior co-leader (essential leader) of the United Shops of Scratch. At first, a vote was introduced where USS members, past and present, chose between simply promoting monkeytrooper, appointing a new leader, closing the USS, or merging the USS with another shop federation. Everyone voted for the second choice.

People came out, four in total, and said they wanted to be the new leader of the USS. An election followed, lasting from October 21-26, 2018. -XxX-MEOW-XxX won the election with five votes in comparison to three and two.

Starting on October 27, me and select high-level officials spoke with -XxX-MEOW-XxX- about finalizing the transition, and we have reached an agreement concerning the future of the USS.

Thanks
Thank you monkeytrooper, jromagnoli, QuantumSingularity, makethebrainhappy, and many other excellent individuals for helping the USS grow and push forward.

Transition
I am no longer USS co-leader as of this post.

This topic will continue to be used until a week from tomorrow to allow a smooth transition.

You may use this topic while it's still open, but it is not necessary nor recommended.

New topic

Thank you everyone,
Austinato
Former senior co-leader of the United Shops of Scratch

-*-
This is an official statement on behalf of leadership of the United Shops of Scratch (the USS).


7500+ posts (19th)
FollowCherryBlossom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Austinato wrote:

Resignation of the Position of “Senior” Co-Leader of the United Shops of Scratch

Hello everyone,

I am here to announce that my resignation as co-leader of the United Shops of Scratch has been finished, and that -XxX-MEOW-XxX- is the new leader of the federation. I thank everyone who has worked with me, past and present as primary owner of the USS. It is important to note that I was not the only leader, as monkeytrooper has greatly contributed through the journey.

This past election had great candidates and unfortunately only one could have won.

Here are some statements I would like to say.

Some comments have been copied from my initial resignation letter from October 5, 2018.

History of the USS

On October 27, 2016, following the closure of TSF and during the "post-TSF recession“, me and monkeytrooper started this collaborative effort, called the United Shops of Scratch. Immediately in mind I had come up with the idea that the USS would work in similarity to how the US works; a legislative branch, an executive branch, and a judicial branch.

It would be complex but easy to understand, and it could also become large and important in the Scratch community.

Throughout late 2016 and the first half of 2017, we saw tremendous growth. We reached the peak - 50 shops and about three organizations. At that point, applications and such slowed down and inactivity became a major concern. Eventually all of the inactive members of the USS had been kicked out and we fell back to under 20 shop members.

Early 2018 we had attempted to re-boot the USS and re-structure it, including a ”Special Interest Group" being created by me and ran by some fellow Scratchers, but that quickly fell into inactivity as well.

On October 5, 2018, I took initiative to allow new thoughts to come in and help the USS come back from its decline we faced last year by resigning from my position as senior co-leader (essential leader) of the United Shops of Scratch. At first, a vote was introduced where USS members, past and present, chose between simply promoting monkeytrooper, appointing a new leader, closing the USS, or merging the USS with another shop federation. Everyone voted for the second choice.

People came out, four in total, and said they wanted to be the new leader of the USS. An election followed, lasting from October 21-26, 2018. -XxX-MEOW-XxX won the election with five votes in comparison to three and two.

Starting on October 27, me and select high-level officials spoke with -XxX-MEOW-XxX- about finalizing the transition, and we have reached an agreement concerning the future of the USS.

Thanks
Thank you monkeytrooper, jromagnoli, QuantumSingularity, makethebrainhappy, and many other excellent individuals for helping the USS grow and push forward.

Transition
I am no longer USS co-leader as of this post.

This topic will continue to be used until a week from tomorrow to allow a smooth transition.

You may use this topic while it's still open, but it is not necessary nor recommended.

New topic

Thank you everyone,
Austinato
Former senior co-leader of the United Shops of Scratch

-*-
This is an official statement on behalf of leadership of the United Shops of Scratch (the USS).
Bye, it's sad to see you go.

| Jess | 15 | Audiobook Maker | Artist | Coder | Questioning Biromantic | Writer | BROKEN + THE CYCLIST | #FINLAFOREVER

(((Finn the [Evil Kumquat Protector v]::#B22222)::#ffb6c1)::#9370DB)


Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

FollowCherryBlossom wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Resignation of the Position of “Senior” Co-Leader of the United Shops of Scratch
Bye, it's sad to see you go.
Oh, I would like to add something to that speech - I am not leaving the USS permanently.

I look forward to continuing to work with everyone at a smaller scale, such as being a Secretary and stuff alike.


7500+ posts (19th)
FollowCherryBlossom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Austinato wrote:

FollowCherryBlossom wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Resignation of the Position of “Senior” Co-Leader of the United Shops of Scratch
Bye, it's sad to see you go.
Oh, I would like to add something to that speech - I am not leaving the USS permanently.

I look forward to continuing to work with everyone at a smaller scale, such as being a Secretary and stuff alike.
Oh right, I didn't realise

| Jess | 15 | Audiobook Maker | Artist | Coder | Questioning Biromantic | Writer | BROKEN + THE CYCLIST | #FINLAFOREVER

(((Finn the [Evil Kumquat Protector v]::#B22222)::#ffb6c1)::#9370DB)


makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Austinato wrote:

Thanks
Thank you monkeytrooper, jromagnoli, QuantumSingularity, makethebrainhappy, and many other excellent individuals for helping the USS grow and push forward.

I have had a lot of fun working with different entities in the requests forum over the years.

You have always shown dedication, compassion, and excellence when you managed these organizations. There was no person who was better equipped to handle these roles than yourself.

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Austinato wrote:

Thanks
Thank you monkeytrooper, jromagnoli, QuantumSingularity, makethebrainhappy, and many other excellent individuals for helping the USS grow and push forward.
Just doing my duty.
(:




ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%










If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

WarriorCatLover1212
Scratcher
500+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Name of Shop*: ~ Elemental Shop ~
Link to Shop*: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/315377/?page=1
Banner: look at my signature
Motto/Slogans: We are Fast, Free, and Open for Business
Representatives*: @WarriorCatLover1212 @congyingzhou
Population*: 5
Specialties*: Ideas, Logos, Thumbnails, Art (All kind) Writing, Coding, Debugging!

@WarriorCatLover1212
| Gamer | Coder | Female | Loving, Caring, Nice | Creative, Artistic, Smart | Warrior Series | DOGS |
PANDAS |
-XxX-MEOW-XxX-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

WarriorCatLover1212 wrote:

Name of Shop*: ~ Elemental Shop ~
Link to Shop*: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/315377/?page=1
Banner: look at my signature
Motto/Slogans: We are Fast, Free, and Open for Business
Representatives*: @WarriorCatLover1212 @congyingzhou
Population*: 5
Specialties*: Ideas, Logos, Thumbnails, Art (All kind) Writing, Coding, Debugging!
There's a new topic. Can you please re-fill te form out here?

EpicIzAwesome
Scratcher
100+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Jeez this thing was big… Than it kind of died XD

Being Epic and Awesome since 2016
Cheers mate
-XxX-MEOW-XxX-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

EpicIzAwesome wrote:

Jeez this thing was big… Than it kind of died XD
There's a new topic, the link is in my signature.

NYCDOT
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Hi! Would your alliance like to be part of the official alliance directory?

ACTIVE TO JULY 4, 2022 | 1080/1500 Posts!
LET'S GO METS
-XxX-MEOW-XxX-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

NYCDOT wrote:

Hi! Would your alliance like to be part of the official alliance directory?
We have switched topics. Here is the new topic.

NYCDOT
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

-XxX-MEOW-XxX- wrote:

NYCDOT wrote:

Hi! Would your alliance like to be part of the official alliance directory?
We have switched topics. Here is the new topic.
Found it

ACTIVE TO JULY 4, 2022 | 1080/1500 Posts!
LET'S GO METS
NYCDOT
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

ANNOUNCEMENT

For anyone that is still following this, we have moved from -XxX-MEOW-XxX-'s topic to mine. The link is here. For proof read pages 19-22 here.

ACTIVE TO JULY 4, 2022 | 1080/1500 Posts!
LET'S GO METS
VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

NYCDOT wrote:

ANNOUNCEMENT

For anyone that is still following this, we have moved from -XxX-MEOW-XxX-'s topic to mine. The link is here. For proof read pages 19-22 here.
Lol my shop never moved for to -XxX-MEOW-XxX-'s topic- it's still here

Last edited by VideoGamerCanInvent (Aug. 2, 2019 17:11:59)


woah, haven't been on here in a while
NYCDOT
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

VideoGamerCanInvent wrote:

NYCDOT wrote:

ANNOUNCEMENT

For anyone that is still following this, we have moved from -XxX-MEOW-XxX-'s topic to mine. The link is here. For proof read pages 19-22 here.
Lol my shop never moved for to -XxX-MEOW-XxX-'s topic- it's still here
oof-Do you still want to be a part of the USS?

ACTIVE TO JULY 4, 2022 | 1080/1500 Posts!
LET'S GO METS
VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

NYCDOT wrote:

VideoGamerCanInvent wrote:

NYCDOT wrote:

ANNOUNCEMENT

For anyone that is still following this, we have moved from -XxX-MEOW-XxX-'s topic to mine. The link is here. For proof read pages 19-22 here.
Lol my shop never moved for to -XxX-MEOW-XxX-'s topic- it's still here
oof-Do you still want to be a part of the USS?
Would it be required that I reapply using an application form?

woah, haven't been on here in a while

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile