Discuss Scratch

FutureBlack
Scratcher
56 posts

More Post Counts

ZLGames wrote:

FutureBlack wrote:

Umm… yes, if the post count was removed then i'm completely fine with that, so there no scratchers bragging with other.

-FutureBlack
Currently, I don't think there are any Scratcher's that are “bragging” to others about their post count. What I've seen is people being being motivated and inspired to get a higher post count so they try and help out as much as possible.

Anyways, if the post count isn't removed (as I don't think it is going to be), would you rather keep the current numbers or add more?
That quantity, not quality.

If the post count isn't removed then i would prefer current one because it's more safer than adding more but i think removing it would be a best ways to stop scratchers from bragging.

-FutureBlack

I'm now officially quit the suggestion forum because it has too many big problems and there so many unconstructive/quantity posts such “Support” or “No support”, and worse, i got so many posts really quickly, people need to learn how to be constructive and not focusing on post count. It doesn't matter how many posts you have. Constructivity and respectfulility does. Other forums than Suggestion, i'm staying and i'm going to keep posting in other forums.

-FutureBlack

This signature is protected from kumquat. Do not attempt to eat my signature. ::variables
ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

FutureBlack wrote:

If the post count isn't removed then i would prefer current one because it's more safer than adding more but i think removing it would be a best ways to stop scratchers from bragging.

-FutureBlack
As I said before, I don't think any Scratchers are bragging about their post count…

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

ZLGames wrote:

FutureBlack wrote:

-FutureBlack
As I said before, I don't think any Scratchers are bragging about their post count…
But they get a bit more perceived authority
ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

Bump.

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

FutureBlack wrote:

Scratchers leaves unconstructive posts because they are trying to beat the post count from someone else.
Citation?
Your claims are useless without evidence.

Sigton

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

Sigton wrote:

FutureBlack wrote:

Scratchers leaves unconstructive posts because they are trying to beat the post count from someone else.
Citation?
Your claims are useless without evidence.

Sigton
You can imagine it happening though?

Anyway, we need the post count up until 100+ to check how experienced with the forums a user is. I would actually prefer badges for every forum that you have posted in, I think that shows more about experience.

After we know a user is competant at reading stickies, closing their own topics, and so on, then why not just keep it at 100+ ?
ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

jokebookservice1 wrote:

Anyway, we need the post count up until 100+ to check how experienced with the forums a user is. I would actually prefer badges for every forum that you have posted in, I think that shows more about experience.

After we know a user is competant at reading stickies, closing their own topics, and so on, then why not just keep it at 100+ ?
Yes, I can imagine it happening, but that doesn't mean it is.

Why would showing what forums users have posted in help? I'm not sure I understand, could you explain?

Because larger numbers indicate more experience in the forums, and it motivates you.

Also, competent not competant.

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

Me being close to 5k posts it'd be useful to show experience and who to ask questions to when having one.
It's a good idea to have a motivation to ask questions because that sets them up for the future.

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

ZLGames wrote:

jokebookservice1 wrote:

Why would showing what forums users have posted in help? I'm not sure I understand, could you explain?

Because larger numbers indicate more experience in the forums, and it motivates you.

If somebody continually posts in the show and tell forum, they have no experience with the other subforums and yet they look like they do have lots of experience.
ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

jokebookservice1 wrote:

If somebody continually posts in the show and tell forum, they have no experience with the other subforums and yet they look like they do have lots of experience.
Oh, I see. I thought you meant something different when I first read your post.

That would be a cool suggestion, although it is pretty different from this one. Maybe you could post a new topic about it?

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

jokebookservice1 wrote:

ZLGames wrote:

jokebookservice1 wrote:

If you have actually obtained that many posts you have to know something of great decency since there's no way you can spam for 1k+ posts without getting caught

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

Bump.

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

More Post Counts

Semi-support. Maybe post counts only visible to yourself.

ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

AiyanMind wrote:

Semi-support. Maybe post counts only visible to yourself.
But post counts are already visible, why would you make them only visible to yourself? The point of post counts is so other Scratcher's can see your experience on the forums.

-frostyiceprincess-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

Sorry, but I don't support your suggestion. Scratch should emphasize post quality, not quantity. So many Scratchers leave unconstructive posts because the post count is incentivized.
Semi-Support. ^ Brings up a good point, but I've always been thinking this might work:

100+ posts; 250+ posts; 500+ posts; 750+ posts; 1000+ posts; 2000+ posts; 3000+ posts, so on.

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

Bump

Sigton

ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

Sigton wrote:

Bump

Sigton
Thanks.

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

ZLGames wrote:

Sigton wrote:

Bump

Sigton
Thanks.
No problem ;D

Sigton

scratchnapped
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

support!! :0 or at least semi-support, as i see how this could certainly cause problems with unhelpful posting.
i really think it'd be cool to see the exact #, or at least increase the count to maybe 3k or 5k, but then you've got those people that just kinda. don't do much to get the posts they already have, and it defeats the purpose.
otherwise, this is a wonderful idea <3

“If you get it, then let's go, crown citizen.”
ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More Post Counts

scratchnapped wrote:

support!! :0 or at least semi-support, as i see how this could certainly cause problems with unhelpful posting.
i really think it'd be cool to see the exact #, or at least increase the count to maybe 3k or 5k, but then you've got those people that just kinda. don't do much to get the posts they already have, and it defeats the purpose.
otherwise, this is a wonderful idea <3
Thanks!