Discuss Scratch

Switta70
Scratcher
100+ posts

Alerts and reporting

hi can you get rid of alerts or not;

this is for the scratch team if you get reported for anything will you get an alert or what
LiFaytheGoblin
Forum Moderator
1000+ posts

Alerts and reporting

I'm not sure about this (never got an alert) but I think you get it from the Scratch Team when your behaving was against the community guidelines. I don't think you can get rid of them.

Deutsch, English, Français, Español, Nederlands
DACH Scratch WikiEN Scratch WikiAll Scratch WikisA Scratch Wiki in your native language

Switta70
Scratcher
100+ posts

Alerts and reporting

Thx
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alerts and reporting

Switta70 wrote:

this is for the scratch team if you get reported for anything will you get an alert or what
Yes, if you got reported and it was true that you did not follow the Community Guidelines, you would get an alert.

No, you can't get rid of alerts. Back in Scratch 1.4. (before May 6th), some people did not follow the Community Guidelines. The Scratch Team sent them alerts (called admin messages in 1.4.), but those people just deleted it and ignored it. Eventually, they ended up getting a ban. But now, anyone who receives an alert will not be able to delete it, so that they can read it, and use it for reference about the rules on this site.

Last edited by joshuaho (Nov. 11, 2015 03:33:45)

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
magicmonkey707
Scratcher
15 posts

Alerts and reporting

joshuaho wrote:

Switta70 wrote:

Yes, if you got reported and it was true that you did not follow the Community Guidelines, you would get an alert.

No, you can't get rid of alerts. Back in Scratch 1.4. (before May 6th), some people did not follow the Community Guidelines. The Scratch Team sent them alerts (called admin messages in 1.4.), but those people just deleted it and ignored it. Eventually, the ended up getting a ban. But now, anyone who receives an alert will not be able to delete it, so that they can read it, and use it for reference about the rules on this site.

Will it ever just go away on it's own? or does it stay forever?

“New Ideas are made every second!”
All ideas are a possibility to revolutionize the world!

-magicmonkey707
wait until <new Idea is made>
forever
be awesome
end
Braeden5454
Scratcher
500+ posts

Alerts and reporting

magicmonkey707 wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

Switta70 wrote:

No, you can't get rid of alerts. Back in Scratch 1.4. (before May 6th), some people did not follow the Community Guidelines. The Scratch Team sent them alerts (called admin messages in 1.4.), but those people just deleted it and ignored it. Eventually, the ended up getting a ban. But now, anyone who receives an alert will not be able to delete it, so that they can read it, and use it for reference about the rules on this site.

Will it ever just go away on it's own? or does it stay forever?
It stays there forever.
If you would like to discuss it with them, use the Contact US at the bottom of every page.

No text here-> Haha April Fools, You spent 3 seconds highlighting this.
move () steps

If you think my post was helpful, you may want to Follow me to receive updated and useful tips.
I am raeden5454. You can check out some more projects at My Prof
404 Error. Cannot find page “signature”. Reason: Kumquat consumption
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alerts and reporting

They don't stay forever, but do stay for a pretty long time (I believe half a year?).

I know that because I've gotten two alerts (that I remember) - one was from two years ago and it's gone, and one's from 3 months ago and it's still there.

Last edited by Firedrake969 (March 15, 2015 14:21:31)

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alerts and reporting

Firedrake969 wrote:

They don't stay forever, but do stay for a pretty long time (I believe half a year?).

I know that because I've gotten two alerts (that I remember) - one was from two years ago and it's gone, and one's from 3 months ago and it's still there.
An update a while ago caused the alerts before to be deleted. But new alerts will continue to stick around as usual.

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
Saporranas
Scratcher
3 posts

Alerts and reporting

What you cant get rid of alerts dang it >
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alerts and reporting

Saporranas wrote:

What you cant get rid of alerts dang it >
As per my post a while ago:
Back in Scratch 1.4. (before May 6th), some people did not follow the Community Guidelines. The Scratch Team sent them alerts (called admin messages in 1.4.), but those people just deleted it and ignored it. Eventually, they ended up getting a ban. But now, anyone who receives an alert will not be able to delete it, so that they can read it, and use it for reference about the rules on this site.

Also, this topic is rather old and has been resolved. Please check the date of the posts before posting and don't bump up old threads that are no longer relevant. Thanks!

Last edited by joshuaho (Nov. 11, 2015 03:38:35)