TheEmeralder
Scratcher
58 posts

Update to Notes & Credits

TheEmeralder wrote:

Oh I Like That!

I Know

Hello! I'm TheEmeralder!
I Play Minecraft, My Username Is Xanon! My Profile Is Here.
I Love Scratch, I'm On It EVERY Day!
Info:
You Would Usually Find Me On The Questions About Scratch Topic. But I Mainly Stay On My Profile!
If You're Answering A Question Then Thanks!

That's It For Me! Come Visit Me Here!

My Favourite Gif Here!
awesome-llama
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I like it!

zootopia99
Scratcher
13 posts

so what do you do here _meow_
Catsarefun
Scratcher
57 posts

Wow cool!
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

But… I don't see how this is much better. It just changes the text and adds pizzaz. Didn't we already have something just like this?

_-Error-_
Scratcher
100+ posts

I didn't notice the update? Yesterday i remixed a project and it didnt show or am i blind?

GOOD JOB
you meme'd well
datowda
Scratcher
18 posts

That is so AWESOME
Hamish752
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nice! It's good to see the Scratch team are listening to our suggestions and fixing a problem that's been in the community for some time. Thanks for the update ceebee!

JJMorsmanV
New to Scratch
5 posts

Good idea.
weatherman06
Scratcher
500+ posts

ceebee wrote:

Hey everyone,

We’re currently working on ways to make giving credit simpler and more celebrated on Scratch. As a first step, we're making it easier to give thanks and receive credit on Scratch.

We have enhanced the automatic credit for remixes by making the usernames of the authors more visible.

In the past, you were required to give credit by typing out the usernames of the original creators in the Notes & Credits. From now on, thanks and credit to the creators of the original and remixed project will appear automatically.

Here’s the updated credit box:

This automatic credit will serve as proper credit for remixes. So, no need to rewrite the authors' usernames in the Notes & Credits box. Much simpler, eh?

However, if you use images, music, or sprites from projects or people that are not listed in the automatic credit box, we ask you type in the names and provide credit to those Scratchers or other artists or musicians.

Although you are no longer required to thank the original creators if their names automatically appear, we still encourage adding your own note of thanks (the more credit, the better!)

We made this change to make sure that original creators and projects were more visible and to make clearer which projects are remixes. We also had found a lot of confusion over the previous system.

We are planning further improvements to make sure that project creators are highlighted every time their projects are remixed.

Scratch On!
ceebee
YES

TeamMagixZone
Scratcher
100+ posts

This is great news, thanks for this update!
TCowley
Scratcher
18 posts

Nice Idea Scratch Team. Much Better For Credits
jewel727
Scratcher
24 posts

This is such a smart idea! Now there wont be any fights about people not giving credit!
Ph0enix3000
Scratcher
94 posts

Yay!
DeathWarlock
Scratcher
1 post

Yahoo!!! People can't not give credit to me!!!
christianxyz
New to Scratch
100+ posts

I will unfollow this topic.

terminate program and turn Ozobot off ::extension cap
Puppers
Scratcher
23 posts

ceebee wrote:

Hey everyone,

We’re currently working on ways to make giving credit simpler and more celebrated on Scratch. As a first step, we're making it easier to give thanks and receive credit on Scratch.

We have enhanced the automatic credit for remixes by making the usernames of the authors more visible.

In the past, you were required to give credit by typing out the usernames of the original creators in the Notes & Credits. From now on, thanks and credit to the creators of the original and remixed project will appear automatically.

Here’s the updated credit box:

This automatic credit will serve as proper credit for remixes. So, no need to rewrite the authors' usernames in the Notes & Credits box. Much simpler, eh?

However, if you use images, music, or sprites from projects or people that are not listed in the automatic credit box, we ask you type in the names and provide credit to those Scratchers or other artists or musicians.

Although you are no longer required to thank the original creators if their names automatically appear, we still encourage adding your own note of thanks (the more credit, the better!)

We made this change to make sure that original creators and projects were more visible and to make clearer which projects are remixes. We also had found a lot of confusion over the previous system.

We are planning further improvements to make sure that project creators are highlighted every time their projects are remixed.

Scratch On!
ceebee

Nice

What did the board say to the tire? “I'm bored!” “I'm tired” said the tire.
16 translations later…
What does the board say to the fence? I am pierced! I am tired said the fence.

spirittheasi
Scratcher
21 posts

This is great! Now my friend can't just but “m” or “b” in the notes and credits when she remixes! This also means people who remix my projects don't have to say thanks! Woohoo!

Thanks Scratch team!!!

There is something wrong with the pictures for the signatures. Sooooo…..
Im a ♍♍♍♍♍♍♍♍♍ (virgo)
#RiseOfThePixel
f1lip
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kewl!!!!
EXEMAN500
Scratcher
1 post

Watwat!?