Discuss Scratch

raspykoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nutshack

flyingpiearchive wrote:

While I think the anime and manga adaptations of The Nutshack were fantastic, it annoys me that people only know about those and don't bother reading James Joyce's original 1922 novel. I can see why people are intimidated by the 1000 page length, the stream of consciousness sections, the experiments with no punctuation and the extremely obscure references and allusions that are required to understand the book, but it is very much worth the challenge. It is a true masterwork of writing. People keep asking when the Great American Novel will be released, but they are too stupid to realize that IT'S THE NUTSHACK

In conclusion, The Nutshack is an amazing masterpiece that should be praised within the 21st century.
galacticchainsaw_
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nutshack

raspykoo wrote:

DoctorWhoAndStuff wrote:

Discuss anything and everything the nutshack

What about the Peanut Storage?
The Peanut Place would be better.

I'm galacticchainsaw! I draw stuff. I love Vocaloid, You Don't Know Jack (YDKJ), Undertale, and so much more.
MEEGAN FTW
galacticchainsaw_
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Nutshack

raspykoo wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

izzy4626 wrote:

pokemon673 wrote:

izzy4626 wrote:

raspykoo wrote:

DoctorWhoAndStuff wrote:

don't forget the walnut house
We all know the cashew casa
the legume location
what about the almond apartment

Oh, and the Hazelnut Hut
remember the cacao crib

I'm galacticchainsaw! I draw stuff. I love Vocaloid, You Don't Know Jack (YDKJ), Undertale, and so much more.
MEEGAN FTW
PonyoPenguin
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Nutshack

The Nutshack but every nutshack is replaced with a nutshack of the nutshack

Congratulations to Super Mario Bros. 2 for being game of the year for thirty years.
DATAWSMYOSHI
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nutshack

IT'S
THE
NUTSHACK

A brief review of The Nutshack:

The Nutshack is a truly wonderful anime that is often ignored. Sure, the main theme is all over YouTube and many parts of the Internet, but no one has really watched a full episode of the anime. I have, and even though I felt like I was dying inside, it was worth it. Season 1 episode 4 was a masterpiece and deserves to be titled the greatest and most magical episode of an anime. Even if Cory in the House is the greatest anime overall, The Nutshack is the best anime aimed at adults.

The voice acting is amazing compared to many other shows, and the characters are thrilling. Every place feels like an anime and the characters are the most original characters ever. 10/10

Last edited by DATAWSMYOSHI (Oct. 17, 2016 15:06:08)

“It is a marvel to exist outside the passage of fate. The lives created by Zanza and Meyneth inevitably attempt to escape the passage of fate. This signifies the beginning of their destruction. Meyneth accepted this, and entrusted the future of this world to you. Many times, your visions have allowed you to change the passage of fate. You saved the lives of those destined to die. Nothing that exists is perfect. It is a sad truth, but you can learn from it and begin the journey on a new path. Not Zanza's path, but one that you forged yourselves. So decide, Shulk. Will you walk the path layed out by Zanza? Or will you walk a new path?” - Alvis (Xenoblade Chronicles)
raspykoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nutshack

PonyoPenguin wrote:

The Nutshack but every nutshack is replaced with a nutshack of the nutshack

Also known as eth kcahstun
DATAWSMYOSHI
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nutshack

galacticchainsaw_ wrote:

raspykoo wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

izzy4626 wrote:

pokemon673 wrote:

izzy4626 wrote:

raspykoo wrote:

DoctorWhoAndStuff wrote:

the legume location

Oh, and the Hazelnut Hut
remember the cacao crib
Never forget the Coconut Cabana
or the nut hut from coconut fred's fruit salad island (I didn't like that show, except maybe that one video game related episode…I can never unsee apple Sephiroth. Square Enix should not allow this.)

Last edited by DATAWSMYOSHI (Oct. 17, 2016 17:05:47)

“It is a marvel to exist outside the passage of fate. The lives created by Zanza and Meyneth inevitably attempt to escape the passage of fate. This signifies the beginning of their destruction. Meyneth accepted this, and entrusted the future of this world to you. Many times, your visions have allowed you to change the passage of fate. You saved the lives of those destined to die. Nothing that exists is perfect. It is a sad truth, but you can learn from it and begin the journey on a new path. Not Zanza's path, but one that you forged yourselves. So decide, Shulk. Will you walk the path layed out by Zanza? Or will you walk a new path?” - Alvis (Xenoblade Chronicles)
-CreatorOfDreams-
Scratcher
52 posts

The Nutshack

It is in fact the peanut house.

But seriously, “The Nutshack” is a very cleverly constructed anime, with lots of remarkable character develop and a breathtaking story. You would have to be a fool not to give “The Nutshack” a try. None of my friends know of this beauty, and I have to feel a bit of resentment towards them for not knowing of the best anime of all time. It's honestly only once in a blue moon that you find an anime as well-written as “The Nutshack”, this series truly caters to its audience and it proves time and time again that just because you have a budget of 5 cents, doesn't mean that you can't make a masterpiece. I hope that it gets a third season, and a fourth season, heck, even a tenth season, because this anime is a true work of art.

Also, Dwayne is an incredibly underrated character, just saying. You can shout at me all you want, but I truly believe that Dwayne is a likeable character, I know that everyone thinks that he's “annoying” and “shouldn't be in the series” but they just don't understand the true potential of Dwayne. I look forward to possibly learning more about Dwayne, on the slight chance that “The Nutshack” gets a third season.

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nutshack

Why is everyone calling it an anime?

I think that's just an ironic joke, like Cory in the House being called an anime despite really being live-action.

Last edited by PrincessPanda_test_ (Oct. 18, 2016 00:36:03)

More professional signature coming soon. ~

On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, different things that look alike
On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, many many things that look alike
awesomekid0224
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nutshack

DATAWSMYOSHI wrote:

galacticchainsaw_ wrote:

raspykoo wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

izzy4626 wrote:

pokemon673 wrote:

izzy4626 wrote:

raspykoo wrote:

DoctorWhoAndStuff wrote:

the legume location

Oh, and the Hazelnut Hut
remember the cacao crib
Never forget the Coconut Cabana
or the nut hut from coconut fred's fruit salad island (I didn't like that show, except maybe that one video game related episode…I can never unsee apple Sephiroth. Square Enix should not allow this.)
Remember the Acorn Residence?

Last edited by awesomekid0224 (Oct. 18, 2016 01:32:42)

W R Y Y Y Y
flyingpiearchive
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nutshack

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

Why is everyone calling it an anime?

I think that's just an ironic joke, like Cory in the House being called an anime despite really being live-action.
it was originally a novel called Ulysses which was written in 1922. it then was turned into a manga. while the anime doesn't look like one, it was actually directed by Hideaki Anno and was animated entirely in Japan, making it an anime. The original Japanese audio was lost forever, so all we have now is the English dub.
BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nutshack

This thread's just devolving into “Nutshack is high-class art” memes which doesn't really count as proper discussion. I'm going to report it to be closed.
To be frank, I don't even see why this show is still allowed to be discussed here. The double entendre is right there.

BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Nutshack

If I may deliver some actual words on this show though, I hope its reputation as “the worst adult cartoon ever made” will soon move to various other overlooked terrible shows in the same vein. It's infamous, but it's nothing new (and you could argue it only begins to scrape the surface).

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

The Nutshack

Conversation here seems to have stalled into a series of nut related jokes. Given that it doesn't seem to be going anywhere - and the topic matter may not be appropriate for Scratch - I'm going to close this.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;