Discuss Scratch

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writings and Ravings of a Lunatic (me!) ^m^

HappyBoulder2 wrote:

STOP BEING HAPPY, OUR WORLD IS MESSED UP AND STUPID
BUT EVERYTHING IS RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS

Edit: “high i'm damien maymdien and i know what you're probably going to ask me. i've heard it a hundred times, people come up to me and they say, ‘hey damien, why is everything so dumb and stupid?’”

Last edited by cheese-duck (April 22, 2018 13:13:16)

o-Berryfrost-o
Scratcher
100+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

“Bye! See you later!” Says your boss cheerfully. It’s the last day of work before vacation at VT industries, a picturesque building with rising walls, each floor organized in more or less the same way, only shaped by the people who work in them. It’s thankfully right outside of your neighborhood, which is a straight road culminating in a little round area. Each house looks mostly the same. You live at home, and go to work every morning (except vacation, of course).
To the left of your house are your old neighbors who leave their Halloween decorations up for the entire year and love to chase kids who get on their lawn. To their left is the house of the socially awkward guy who you’re friends with outside of work. The three houses to your right are Bob, Tom, and Billy, three of your friends from work.
You pay the bills. Everything is fine. You can’t imagine it being better, in fact.
As you open your door after stepping over your perfectly groomed lawn with bushes lining the edges, something catches your eye. This isn’t how it goes every day. You feel a bit of shock but get over it quickly.
There’s a cloaked figure on the sidewalk. It’s impossible to see their face. They don’t fit with what you’ve come to expect of the neighborhood.

• Try to follow the mysterious figure.
  • Go inside and treat it like a normal day.

Go inside and treat it like a normal day.

cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

o-Berryfrost-o wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

“Bye! See you later!” Says your boss cheerfully. It’s the last day of work before vacation at VT industries, a picturesque building with rising walls, each floor organized in more or less the same way, only shaped by the people who work in them. It’s thankfully right outside of your neighborhood, which is a straight road culminating in a little round area. Each house looks mostly the same. You live at home, and go to work every morning (except vacation, of course).
To the left of your house are your old neighbors who leave their Halloween decorations up for the entire year and love to chase kids who get on their lawn. To their left is the house of the socially awkward guy who you’re friends with outside of work. The three houses to your right are Bob, Tom, and Billy, three of your friends from work.
You pay the bills. Everything is fine. You can’t imagine it being better, in fact.
As you open your door after stepping over your perfectly groomed lawn with bushes lining the edges, something catches your eye. This isn’t how it goes every day. You feel a bit of shock but get over it quickly.
There’s a cloaked figure on the sidewalk. It’s impossible to see their face. They don’t fit with what you’ve come to expect of the neighborhood.

Go inside and treat it like a normal day.
You contemplate for a second and step inside the house. To your left is your living room. To the right is your kitchen. Straight ahead is the door to your bedroom and bathroom. Nothing has changed, as usual. The images you have with your family (A mother, a father, and one sibling) still sit on the mantelpiece next to your TV.
You’re officially on vacation!
Now, you must decide where to go.

• Bedroom
  • Living Room
  • Kitchen
  • Back outside

Last edited by cs156175 (April 22, 2018 16:15:15)

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

o-Berryfrost-o wrote:

-snip-
You contemplate for a second and step inside the house. To your left is your living room. To the right is your kitchen. Straight ahead is the door to your bedroom and bathroom. Nothing has changed, as usual. The images you have with your family (A mother, a father, and one sibling) still sit on the mantelpiece next to your TV.

• Bedroom
  • Living Room
  • Kitchen
  • Back outside
Back outside

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
HappyBoulder2
Scratcher
53 posts

cheese-duck wrote:

HappyBoulder2 wrote:

Edit: “high i'm damien maymdien and i know what you're probably going to ask me. i've heard it a hundred times, people come up to me and they say, ‘hey damien, why is everything so dumb and stupid?’”
RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS ARE STUPID
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

HappyBoulder2 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

HappyBoulder2 wrote:

Excuse me, unicorns are the national animal of Scotland, and I am from Scotland. Mynheer, you are in the wrong. Scotland pride! Scotland power!

Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

Try to follow the mysterious figure.

owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Digby Wolfson
Donko Patterson
Echo Meowson
Elsa Snowson
Louisa Johnson
My lunatic random thing. The second to last person is a Frozen ref and the last person actually exists.

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

o-Berryfrost-o wrote:

-snip-

• Bedroom
  • Living Room
  • Kitchen
  • Back outside
Back outside
Immediately after stepping inside, you turn around and step back outside. It hardly even crosses your mind that this is an unusual decision. Maybe you turned back around because you did a double take at the strange figure. Maybe it was your subconscious. Maybe it was a choice made for you. Maybe you just realized that a vacation is better spent out in the sun than in the house.
Either way, the figure is still there, creating quite a contrast to your happy, bright neighborhood. You squint, but no other features seem to be visible, aside from the darkness and the hood. Something feels wrong here…
You shrug and look to your left, a compulsion you often have but never consider unusual. Now you stand on your wooden porch.
What now?
  • Actually, this is a bad idea. Go back inside.
  • Chase after the mysterious cloaked figure.
  • Sit in the sun out on your porch.

Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

o-Berryfrost-o wrote:

-snip-

• Bedroom
  • Living Room
  • Kitchen
  • Back outside
Back outside
Immediately after stepping inside, you turn around and step back outside. It hardly even crosses your mind that this is an unusual decision. Maybe you turned back around because you did a double take at the strange figure. Maybe it was your subconscious. Maybe it was a choice made for you. Maybe you just realized that a vacation is better spent out in the sun than in the house.
Either way, the figure is still there, creating quite a contrast to your happy, bright neighborhood. You squint, but no other features seem to be visible, aside from the darkness and the hood. Something feels wrong here…
You shrug and look to your left, a compulsion you often have but never consider unusual. Now you stand on your wooden porch.
What now?
Chase after the mysterious cloaked figure.

ADVENTURE! though we may get murderured

Smug scottish ego
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

You bolt after them. They don’t run away. This is a lot more of a distance than you expected. You’re beginning to feel a little tired. One of your friends opens his door, sees you, and stands in shock. It’s probably Tom. Tom stares at you before taking a step out of the door. Does he aim to follow you? It doesn’t matter. You keep running. Suddenly, the mysterious figure puts a hand to their mouth and begins to speak loudly. “HEY, BUDDY!” She yells. “I’m not going anywhere!”
You’re almost there but it’s getting a bit tiring and you don’t want another option to pop into the mix.
  • Keep chasing. She’s trying to fake you out.
  • Stop and walk to her instead of running.
  • Wave to Tom and get him to help you chase her.

cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

o-Berryfrost-o wrote:

-snip-

• Bedroom
  • Living Room
  • Kitchen
  • Back outside
Back outside
What now?
Chase after the mysterious cloaked figure.

You bolt after them. They don’t run away. This is a lot more of a distance than you expected. You’re beginning to feel a little tired. One of your friends opens his door, sees you, and stands in shock. It’s probably Tom. Tom stares at you before taking a step out of the door. Does he aim to follow you? It doesn’t matter. You keep running. Suddenly, the mysterious figure puts a hand to their mouth and begins to speak loudly. “HEY, BUDDY!” She yells. “I’m not going anywhere!”
You’re almost there but it’s getting a bit tiring and you don’t want another option to pop into the mix.

Last edited by cs156175 (April 22, 2018 21:28:58)

Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

-snip-
Wave to Tom

Smug scottish ego
Blobfish993
Scratcher
500+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Keep chasing.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

HappyBoulder2 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

HappyBoulder2 wrote:

Excuse me, unicorns are the national animal of Scotland, and I am from Scotland. Mynheer, you are in the wrong. Scotland pride! Scotland power!
In defense of Magical Rainbow Pony Girl.
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

-snip-
Wave to Tom
Mid exciting chase, you stop and beckon Tom. In a second he’s running after you two. You slowly start walking and when he catches up to you you’re both running towards the figure. She isn’t moving at all, which is unusual because why wouldn’t you be moving if two neighborhood people were chasing after you? Anyways, Tom outruns you and hits the figure. This knocks both of them over. For a second, you can see the figure’s eyes. They’re blue, but not the perfect bright blue you see around town. Instead, something about her eyes is more deep, more dark, and less saturated. But before you can gaze into this total stranger’s eyes, she pulls the hood back on. This should have ended weirdly but it didn’t. An anticlimactic getting up? No witty one-liner from any of you? Unusual indeed. And you find yourself unable to think of anything clever to say. That’s weird. Why would you need to? You question your affinity for funny answers. Who exactly have you been trying to make laugh all this time?
“Wow, you’re still! If you hadn’t been standing there I wouldn’t have run into you!” Says Tom to the figure.
“Yes.” She replies.
No witty comeback.
“Anyways, I must be going”, she mumbles. You expect something exciting to happen. Nothing does. She puts her hand over yours and drops something into it. No punchline. She makes you uncomfortable.
  • Look in your hand.
  • Ask her where she’s going.
  • Ask her what it is.

cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blobfish993 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Blobfish993 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Keep chasing.
You keep chasing and hit her head-on. You can see an embarrassed Tom closing the door. You knock her down and now you’re both on the grass. She sits up and brushes herself off. You can see her eyes as she does, if only for a second- they’re blue, but something else is unusual about them. They aren’t bright. They’re more deep, less saturated. She sees you staring and pulls down the hood.
The situation is weird, but you can’t tell why. Oh! It’s because there’s no payoff. No funny one-liner. No reaction. It’s weird. But why should they be necessary? All of this time, who have you been trying to make laugh?
For a second, you look at her, expecting some kind of joke. But she reaches out, grabs your hand, and puts something in it. “Here,” she says. “Hopefully you’ll see things better.”
You stutter. How do you decide what to say? It’s always come so naturally before. What’s going on?
  • “What is this? Who are you?”
  • “Oh, thanks.”
  • Stay in silence.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

-snip-
Wave to Tom
Mid exciting chase, you stop and beckon Tom. In a second he’s running after you two. You slowly start walking and when he catches up to you you’re both running towards the figure. She isn’t moving at all, which is unusual because why wouldn’t you be moving if two neighborhood people were chasing after you? Anyways, Tom outruns you and hits the figure. This knocks both of them over. For a second, you can see the figure’s eyes. They’re blue, but not the perfect bright blue you see around town. Instead, something about her eyes is more deep, more dark, and less saturated. But before you can gaze into this total stranger’s eyes, she pulls the hood back on. This should have ended weirdly but it didn’t. An anticlimactic getting up? No witty one-liner from any of you? Unusual indeed. And you find yourself unable to think of anything clever to say. That’s weird. Why would you need to? You question your affinity for funny answers. Who exactly have you been trying to make laugh all this time?
“Wow, you’re still! If you hadn’t been standing there I wouldn’t have run into you!” Says Tom to the figure.
“Yes.” She replies.
No witty comeback.
“Anyways, I must be going”, she mumbles. You expect something exciting to happen. Nothing does. She puts her hand over yours and drops something into it. No punchline. She makes you uncomfortable.
  • Look in your hand.
  • Ask her what it is.
Look in my hand.

(Is this going to go full on “plot twist you live in a dystopian society”?)
MonikaJustMonika
Scratcher
20 posts

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

-snip-
Wave to Tom
“Yes.” She replies.
No witty comeback.
  • Look in your hand.
  • Ask her what it is.
Ask her where she’s going.

This be Ryasis
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

-snip-
Wave to Tom
“Yes.” She replies.
No witty comeback.
  • Look in your hand.
  • Ask her what it is.
Look in my hand.

(Is this going to go full on “plot twist you live in a dystopian society”?)
You look down into your hand. Inside of it is a small green gem. “Woah, dude!” Says Tom. “Whaddaya think it is?”
Before you can examine it more, it seems to heat up and you juggle it. It falls into the collar of your shirt and falls out of the bottom. You catch it before it hits the grass.
“I don’t know. Some kind of gem, it looks like.” You say to Tom. Your chest is kind of hurting now and the gem is slowly cooling. You notice a hinge on its side. Beyond that is the green grass. It reminds you of something you would see on TV.
“How does someone get their grass to look like this?” You say to yourself.
Suddenly, from seemingly nowhere, comes a chorus of laughter. You look around frantically. Tom’s mouth is closed and you can’t see anyone around.
“Tom, what is that?”
There it is again. It’s a crowd of people. But no one is here.
“What is what?”
You’re nervous now. He can’t hear it? Are you going crazy?
  • “That laughing! Tom! Didn’t you hear it?”
  • “…Nothing.”
  • “I’m sorry, I must be hearing things. I need a break.”