Writings and Ravings of a Lunatic (me!) ^m^

cs156175 wrote:

Haha second thought: horror game disguised as a cooking game
YES
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

American school system names are weird. You have preschool, then elementary, then middle school, which is also called junior high and is the only one with two names for some reason, and then high school. It should be more organized. Junior junior junior high, junior junior high, junior high, and high. That makes sense. Either that or ground, low, middle, and high. Rename college to extremely high school. Or senior high with the first set.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

American school system names are weird. You have preschool, then elementary, then middle school, which is also called junior high and is the only one with two names for some reason, and then high school. It should be more organized. Junior junior junior high, junior junior high, junior high, and high. That makes sense. Either that or ground, low, middle, and high. Rename college to extremely high school. Or senior high with the first set.
And then there are the weird districts with intermediate schools
why America why
Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

I WILL PAY THE ONE WHO MAKES THIS

Smug scottish ego
tiktakturtle
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

I WILL PAY THE ONE WHO MAKES THIS
YES I WANT TO SEE THIS

rider is just a green squid shadow, emperor is superior
--_Nova_--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

i swear i will make one of these it would be one of those hilarious cliche horror games that is obviously desperate to be scary but fails miserably

and embed it on another site because scratch is confining (sigh)

cs156175 wrote:

+1
listen closely government

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guess who decided to just do some small planning/rules for a scratch roleplay and started up writing a massive set of rules more fitting a tabletop RPG. (help)

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

Guess who decided to just do some small planning/rules for a scratch roleplay and started up writing a massive set of rules more fitting a tabletop RPG. (help)
my only answer:
make that tabletop rpg
i need more rpg in my life
Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

That sounds like what I would do but with the setting and backstory and stuff instead of the rules.

Smug scottish ego
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

That sounds like what I would do but with the setting and backstory and stuff instead of the rules.
Yeah, I do that already, just this time it's written like a rulebook..

cheese-duck wrote:

my only answer:
make that tabletop rpg
i need more rpg in my life
I'm working on it, though I'll want to test it a bit once it's written to see how well it works.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay, so I was looking for a song and I found it, but before I found it I was planning to ask Reddit (tipofmytongue) to solve it. Since I found it, I have no need to, but I want to post the description I came up somewhere, so uh, if anyone can find it, have your exercise.
The one starts with ‘Two, three, four!’ Or something along those lines (it could have been one, two three! Or something) and then the music kicks in super loud. It’s electric guitar, probably, and goes something like this.
Dunanuna nuna nuna nuna nunu nununa nananananananana nana na
That’s all I remember.
When I try to remember what it’s like beyond that, I just repeat the part I know over and over.
Another interpretation:
Two, three, four!
Nana nana nananana dadada dada da da dada da dadada dada dada da
No lyrics, it probably has lyrcis but they aren’t there straight away, just guitar. Not sure where I heard if (EDIT: I do know where it heard it now, and am just posting this to see if anyone can guess it.)
More info:
The first nunununu is the same throughout, but the second one is a bit higher, and the third is even a bit different, here it is separated by spaces.
Nunununu nunununu nunu nu nu nununu nu nu nu nu nunu nunu nunu bwomp.
(Faster version)
One two three four one two three four one one one one two three four one two three four one two three four one one one
Go!
(Nenenenenenenenenenenenene)

Last edited by cs156175 (Sept. 7, 2018 00:36:30)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

Okay, so I was looking for a song and I found it, but before I found it I was planning to ask Reddit (tipofmytongue) to solve it. Since I found it, I have no need to, but I want to post the description I came up somewhere, so uh, if anyone can find it, have your exercise.
The one starts with ‘Two, three, four!’ Or something along those lines (it could have been one, two three! Or something) and then the music kicks in super loud. It’s electric guitar, probably, and goes something like this.
That’s all I remember.
When I try to remember what it’s like beyond that, I just repeat the part I know over and over.
Another interpretation:
Two, three, four!
No lyrics, it probably has lyrcis but they aren’t there straight away, just guitar. Not sure where I heard if (EDIT: I do know where it heard it now, and am just posting this to see if anyone can guess it.)
More info:
The first nunununu is the same throughout, but the second one is a bit higher, and the third is even a bit different, here it is separated by spaces.
(Faster version)
One two three four one two three four one one one one two three four one two three four one two three four one one one
Go!
“bwomp”
I have no idea
First when I thought electric guitar I was like “XYZ Japanese opening theme” but obviously it's not
Then when I thought “two three four” i was like “Roxie's gym” but um no.
Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

That’s all I remember.
Another interpretation:
Two, three, four!
More info:
(Faster version)
Go!
This seems unspecific

Smug scottish ego
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

That’s all I remember.
Another interpretation:
Two, three, four!
More info:
(Faster version)
Go!
This seems unspecific
Here’s some more stuff from after I figured it out.
The song is old-ish (at least before 2011) and not new/modern. It’s rock (probably) and the ‘three, two one!’ Is said by a male voice.
(Now entering stuff I found out after finding it)
The song isn’t in english when the lyrics kick in (except for a few English words scattered throughout, and the numbers at the beginning). The dunuNUNUnunununuNUNUnuNuNuNuNu part repeats twice before the lyrics start. It’s sung by a guy with one voice (no backup singers). The band isn’t mainstream, apparently, even in the country of origin.

OhHeyStranger
Scratcher
37 posts

Starsaurus wrote:

Life is a roller coaster. You get on, usually against your will, having no clue what to expect. On the way up, stuff's pretty calm. You start seeing more and more, and then you reach the summit. You're looking down, not sure what's about to happen, yet knowing exactly what. Then it drops, and you're catapulted through loops, corkscrews, and maniacal hills. Sometimes you want to just end it, and get off, but they don't let you, and you stay. Sometimes you keep your eyes closed the whole way, and you don't even notice it's over. Sometimes you actually enjoy it, the feeling of flight and seeing everything around you. But sometimes it's cut off early, and you never get to see what happens next. And nobody likes that. But then again, sometimes you manage the whole thing, and get off, either hating the whole thing or loving it. And you watch as the people who took the flat one the whole way, and how unaffected they are. For them, it was completely mundane. They could only watch the other people. Some people enjoy this. Some don't. But they had a choice between the two, and it's their jurisdiction. Either way, you both end up in the same place.
but that would be the best roller coaster in the world… why would you get off.
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OhHeyStranger wrote:

Starsaurus wrote:

Life is a roller coaster. You get on, usually against your will, having no clue what to expect. On the way up, stuff's pretty calm. You start seeing more and more, and then you reach the summit. You're looking down, not sure what's about to happen, yet knowing exactly what. Then it drops, and you're catapulted through loops, corkscrews, and maniacal hills. Sometimes you want to just end it, and get off, but they don't let you, and you stay. Sometimes you keep your eyes closed the whole way, and you don't even notice it's over. Sometimes you actually enjoy it, the feeling of flight and seeing everything around you. But sometimes it's cut off early, and you never get to see what happens next. And nobody likes that. But then again, sometimes you manage the whole thing, and get off, either hating the whole thing or loving it. And you watch as the people who took the flat one the whole way, and how unaffected they are. For them, it was completely mundane. They could only watch the other people. Some people enjoy this. Some don't. But they had a choice between the two, and it's their jurisdiction. Either way, you both end up in the same place.
but that would be the best roller coaster in the world… why would you get off.
eee thank you for digging this up, when was this posted? This sums up my moral code basically
(rushes to screenshot)
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I’m fed up. You have a quirky small forest town with a dark secret, a quirky small seaside town with a dark secret, a quirky small… regular town with a dark secret. Where’s my desert town with a dark secret?
It’s in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico. You have a main cast of school-age characters.
Nerd who’s obsessed with explaining unexplained phenomena (sky lights, moving rocks) and really wants to go visit mysterious places, but is kept back by his neophobic parents.
Goth kid who really likes dark/edgy stuff (ghosts, cryptids, stuff like that) and is staying in Small Desert Town with her cheery older sister who she hates.
Energetic kid who’s had a lot of weird encounters with fantasy stuff (mermaids, unicorns) in her childhood and wants to prove that they’re real.
Solitary kid who has like 200 conspiracy theories and wants to crack the code of world history one at a time, keeping his giant board of string in his basement.
And…
A mysterious character who crash-landed on the pavement in the town after falling out of a silver capsule. No memory and no way to identify her.
Welcome to Devil Dust.

Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cs156175 wrote:

I’m fed up. You have a quirky small forest town with a dark secret, a quirky small seaside town with a dark secret, a quirky small… regular town with a dark secret. Where’s my desert town with a dark secret?
It’s in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico. You have a main cast of school-age characters.
Nerd who’s obsessed with explaining unexplained phenomena (sky lights, moving rocks) and really wants to go visit mysterious places, but is kept back by his neophobic parents.
Goth kid who really likes dark/edgy stuff (ghosts, cryptids, stuff like that) and is staying in Small Desert Town with her cheery older sister who she hates.
Energetic kid who’s had a lot of weird encounters with fantasy stuff (mermaids, unicorns) in her childhood and wants to prove that they’re real.
Solitary kid who has like 200 conspiracy theories and wants to crack the code of world history one at a time, keeping his giant board of string in his basement.
And…
A mysterious character who crash-landed on the pavement in the town after falling out of a silver capsule. No memory and no way to identify her.
Welcome to Devil Dust.
Seems interesting

Smug scottish ego
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

And…
Welcome to Devil Dust.
Seems interesting
Oh man! I forgot one. There’s a scully type character who bases assumptions on what he’s seen.
I’m working on character names. Uh… maybe some origins?
The first guy is from Taos (home of the mysterious noise). The second girl is from Salem (I know it’s outside of the state. She moved in). The third girl is from a bunch of places, mostly along the coast, like Portland, Seaside, Rehoboth Beach, etc, and is now landlocked because her parents wanted a change of pace.
The fifth (scully type) is from Devil Dust and has been there all his life, watching people move in and out. He has a weird past involving a friend he had who moved away that all of the others seem to have met.
The mysterious pod girl (Null is her nickname) is from somewhere other than the current earth. There’s a debate over whether she’s from space, from the future, or just a robot.