Discuss Scratch

dave4681
Scratcher
500+ posts

Add a "most viewed games section"

Sheep_maker wrote:

Saiid wrote:

Scratch isn't about getting other people to see your work. It's about learning to code. If all you want if for other people to see your work, then try posting it on social media or something. Scratch is for coding. Not for fame and popularity.
But fame and popularity is one method of encouraging users to keep learning, creating, and challenging themselves.
That's the best anyone can put it
Digital_Gaming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dave4681 wrote:

Sheep_maker wrote:

Saiid wrote:

Scratch isn't about getting other people to see your work. It's about learning to code. If all you want if for other people to see your work, then try posting it on social media or something. Scratch is for coding. Not for fame and popularity.
But fame and popularity is one method of encouraging users to keep learning, creating, and challenging themselves.
I agree dave

If you want to join the most creative studio on Scratch than ask to join Scratch Underground If you want to join Scratches Premium studio than ask to join Scratch Deluxe I hope you ask to join one of those and have a nice day. Check out my Official fan club!Click here if you want to check out my amazing projects DIGITAL GAMING SCRATCH AWARDS 2017
CHECK OUT THE OFFCIAL TOPICS FOR FORZA, HALO , CALL OF DUTY, BATTLEFEILD 1,THE CREW,DESTINY, RESIDENT EVIL,SONIC BOOM, PIXAR AND SUPER MARIO RUN
SCRATCH SUPERGUIDE
OFFICIAL TOPIC FOR TALKING ABOUT SHIPS
Digital_Gaming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This would be very useful for discovering new projects and/or users. Also you can know what kind of projects are popular. Support.

If you want to join the most creative studio on Scratch than ask to join Scratch Underground If you want to join Scratches Premium studio than ask to join Scratch Deluxe I hope you ask to join one of those and have a nice day. Check out my Official fan club!Click here if you want to check out my amazing projects DIGITAL GAMING SCRATCH AWARDS 2017
CHECK OUT THE OFFCIAL TOPICS FOR FORZA, HALO , CALL OF DUTY, BATTLEFEILD 1,THE CREW,DESTINY, RESIDENT EVIL,SONIC BOOM, PIXAR AND SUPER MARIO RUN
SCRATCH SUPERGUIDE
OFFICIAL TOPIC FOR TALKING ABOUT SHIPS
Saiid
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dave4681 wrote:

Sheep_maker wrote:

Saiid wrote:

You shouldn't need fame and popularity to keep learning, creating, and challenging yourself

Google Sv4mvJbXBJPClyDgc7p5WkYITBi618 to see all my posts

;
humphrey4444444444
Scratcher
40 posts

It’s already in Scratch. Go on Explore and select “Popular”
(did that sound a bit rude? Sorry)

Last edited by humphrey4444444444 (June 7, 2017 16:34:13)

Do you need art, but can’t find the right people to draw it for you? https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/260469/ is the answer! In need of more artists!
If you’ve already got an art shop you can join my art shop and then post a link to your main one.
Thanks!
23halvok
Scratcher
100+ posts

No support
Projects like paper minecraft would constantly be at the top.

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This already exists.

If you search with an empty search bar, and then click ‘load more’, it gives you exactly what you're after

Sigton

I-Iz-A-Litten
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support, why have a section of the Front Page dedicated to only one type of project?

under penalty of law this signature is not to be removed except by the consumer
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I believe the current search bar works off tags so one could either just search “games” or visit the explore page.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

I believe the current search bar works off tags so one could either just search “games” or visit the explore page.
It's also super broken, so that just comes up with projects with “games” in the title or username, not tags.

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Not everything on Scratch is a game..

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
XenoCoding
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

Saiid wrote:

Agreed. Scratch isn't a platform to make you popular, but it's natural that people want to be popular and it should be encouraged. As Sheep_maker said, popularity is a great inspiration to continue creating things and making your projects better. If I didn't have an audience, I wouldn't be creating.

MinecraftRunner
Scratcher
50 posts

Sigton wrote:

This already exists.

If you search with an empty search bar, and then click ‘load more’, it gives you exactly what you're after

Sigton

Thanks! That's all I needed.
Anyone know how to close a discussion but not delete it?