Discuss Scratch

BestScratcher1234
Scratcher
6 posts

<< The Suggestions Directory 3.0 | The list of suggestions >>

What I Think
Maybe have more featured projects- scratch is growing fast and lots of projects want featuring.
Most Scratchers haven't had any projects featured
Also it would help if it was easier to acess my profile
And maybe if their was more space to see what people are doing (the ones you follow)
 Scratch is AWESOME!
cs1233150
Scratcher
20 posts

Wow! I read that and it really helped. Thanks!

when green flag clicked
say [cs1233150 is awesome!] for (2) secs
broadcast [AWESOME-SAUCE v]
when I receive [AWESOME-SAUCE v]
say [this is true!] for (2) secs
moshe2
Scratcher
100+ posts

BestScratcher1234 wrote:

What I Think
Maybe have more featured projects- scratch is growing fast and lots of projects want featuring.
And maybe if their was more space to see what people are doing (the ones you follow)
 Scratch is AWESOME!
What do you mean by the third one?

Last edited by moshe2 (April 26, 2018 20:38:55)

This is my signature
Cool stuff
More Cool Stuff
Odab RP
My website
#NoMoreFNAF

Garamol56
Scratcher
100+ posts

I. give up.

Current Posts: 266
Code to find my posts: Z2FyYW1vbDU2
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Albert Einstein
Belataphe
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think that you should change fonts when you are writing a comment, and more fonts for projects.
KJRYoshi07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BestScratcher1234 wrote:

What I Think
 Scratch is AWESOME!

Belataphe wrote:

I think that you should change fonts when you are writing a comment, and more fonts for projects.
This is not the place to suggest things, make your own topic for that.

Last edited by KJRYoshi07 (April 28, 2018 23:32:14)

moved accounts lol
2024hillc03
Scratcher
1 post

Could you add a hexagon block for when I receive message
_-The_Remixer-_
Scratcher
14 posts

I think you should be able to change your username on Scratch. For example, if you made an account but you didn't like your username and you were feeling successful with your account or didn't want to make a new account, you could just change it.
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

_-The_Remixer-_ wrote:

I think you should be able to change your username on Scratch. For example, if you made an account but you didn't like your username and you were feeling successful with your account or didn't want to make a new account, you could just change it.
Sorry, but this suggestion is currently rejected due to technical limitations and user confusion. Also, this topic is for giving links to suggestions you make so they can be listed here. If you would like to make a suggestion, go here. (But don't do that suggestion since the Scratch Team has stated that it won't be added.) Thank you!

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

_-The_Remixer-_
Scratcher
14 posts

duckboycool wrote:

_-The_Remixer-_ wrote:

Sorry, but this suggestion is currently rejected due to technical limitations and user confusion. Also, this topic is for giving links to suggestions you make so they can be listed here. If you would like to make a suggestion, go here. (But don't do that suggestion since the Scratch Team has stated that it won't be added.) Thank you!
Sorry.
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

_-The_Remixer-_ wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

_-The_Remixer-_ wrote:

Sorry.
No, you're fine. I can see that you are new to the forums, and everybody has to learn in some way. I'm very glad to see that you've decided to join here. It's sadly uncommon, and everybody makes these mistakes when they are new. It can feel disheartening to have everybody point out your mistakes, but just keep in mind that they are trying to do their best to help both you and the forums. This is one of the hardest problems for new forumers, and likewise it is difficult for experienced forumers to both get the rules across to somebody making a mistake while also not coming off as harsh. I hope that you'll stick around here if you like it, and just keep this in mind if you do. In the meantime, I'd reccomend reading the “stickied” topics in every forum before posting there. (They will be at the top, say “Sticky:” before them and have a little pin symbol.) With that all said, thank you and don't feel bad about making mistakes.

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

Shaarrk
Scratcher
5 posts

I saw this topic at the top of the suggestions category after I made a scratch 3.0 suggestion. I guess if this is where people are putting their suggestions, that I should to? I created this topic. I don't know why I'm posting this, but I'm bored and I figured, why not?

Last edited by Shaarrk (April 30, 2018 08:36:28)

megaman100
Scratcher
100+ posts

bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shaarrk wrote:

I saw this topic at the top of the suggestions category after I made a scratch 3.0 suggestion. I guess if this is where people are putting their suggestions, that I should to? I created this topic. I don't know why I'm posting this, but I'm bored and I figured, why not?
Added!

megaman100 wrote:

Could you add my proposal? https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/300089/
Added!

“Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.” -Jane Goodall
wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Descriptions for things that need descriptions (these are NOT suggestions that I am posting):

bigpuppy wrote:

Spiffing up the Explore Page (formerly “A better ‘explore’ page”) by ChocolatePi also fixed the title here as it was edited
Adjusting the Explore page by adding tabs to tailor to a Scratcher's needs.

Ability to sort the list of projects on a menu/list by megaman100
Being able to sort the projects in a studio by type, like in My Stuff.

Allow people to paste in photos by Digital_Gaming
Allowing to put pictures in forum posts without having to use an image hosting site

Another idea for the 60 second rule. by rollercoasterfan
Decreasing the amount of seconds in the 60-second rule depending on your post count

Arrows for Piano by TheScratchMusician
Adding arrows to note-choosing piano display in order to find the notes on the piano you need to use better.

An undo button by Zappy1333
An undo button in the Script Editor

A way to filter messages by Yllie
A Checklist to decide which types of messages you want to appear in your inbox

Better Custom Blocks by AonymousGuy
Allowing Scratchers to make custom reporters, booleans, etc.

Better educate Scratchers about remixes and recolors by Hamish752
Letting Scratchers know that all scratchers are allowed to remix and recolor their content

Bridge Variables by zorket
Variables to sync Cloud Data between projects

Bring back user ID Block by thelucariokid
Bringing back the User ID block (a block that detects which number view that user has)

Bug Blocker Team by IAP-reloaded
A special team for answering questions in the Bugs and Glitches forum

Cached Variables!(Saved Games!) by epninja
Being able to Cache variables in your browser/Scratch Servers.

Cloud Ping block by braxbroscratcher
Adding a “ping” block to Cloud blocks to test the ping.
Category: New Blocks

[Code sections] the best block idea ever - we need this block by theonlygusti
Organizing scripts with c-blocks

Customizable Profile Wallpaper! by zlivvy
Custom background wallpaper for your profile.

Different mouse pointers by Just_Ciaran
Making the mouse pointer appear differently than the one currently being used inside a project.

Fonts by iTweak0r
Adding more fonts and being able to easily import fonts

Forum Security Change by Scratchified_Extras
When clicking a link to an outside site on the forums, the forums alert the user clicking the link that the user are exiting the Scratch website and are not responsible for the safety of the site the user is going to.

Grouping Points in vector by VoltageGames
Allowing multiple points in the Vector Editor to function easily as one

Link to Phosphorous by DaSpudLord
A link to Phosphorus under the “Install Flash” message

Natural Colors At The Color Bar by Dilek10
Adding natural brown colors to the default color pallette

New Stickies by MathlyCat
A sticky for each forum going over some simple guidelines/rules for said forum.

Opacity? by ThePancakeMan
Adding an opacity option to the paint edtor

Optional text version of scratch blocks by Honeybee_
Text-based version of Scratch as an option in the editor

Option to allow sprites to move off the screen by Griffpatch
self-explanitory

Prevent your project from being added to a studio by Zekrom01 fixed the link here also
self-explanitory

Reopen the Topic by scratchinghead
The owner of a topic easily being able to reopen a topic they closed.

Search for block ____ by PhysicsLover999
Being able to search for a certain block in a project

Searching in Studios by storytellergirl_test
Adding a search bar to studios to find certain projects/managers/curators

The ability to hide the mouse cursor/pointer when hovering over the stage screen by crazykidz
Blocks to make the cursor hide when it is hovering over the stage

Themes for 3.0 by _Circuit-
Changing the theme of the editor to one's preference

Unanswered posts by Deerleg
Keeping posts with no new posts at the top of the forums, like the stickies, so they are more obvious and receive answers faster

Upgrade BBcode Signatures by GoldStarXD
Adding more features to BBCode

12 vs. 24 Hours by rollercoasterfan
The option to switch between 24 hour time or 12 hour time (with AM and PM) on your post in the forums.
side note: this took way longer than I thought and sorry if you're blinded by all of the red, I didn't want to have to consume more of my time than necessary by removing all of the color tags.

Last edited by wWSunPandaWw (May 16, 2018 23:16:01)

I moved to BelieverGirlSun
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay, I couldn't do all of them this time like I have in the past, but I'll put a dent in them.

A better ‘explore’ page by ChocolatePi
A tab or section in the explore page that are more specific to things the Scratcher likes, more like the front page sections for projects by Scratchers loved I'm following and Projects made by Scratchers I'm following.

Ability to sort the list of projects on a menu/list by megaman100
Something to sort lists of projects or followers and such on a Scratcher's profile by different sorting options.

Allow people to paste in photos by Digital_Gaming
The ability to paste images with the paste tool into the forums without using the [img] tag and a host site.

Adding a system where once you reach a certain amount of posts, the time of the 60 second rule is decreased, and eventually removed.

I can seriously tell that my work did something in the past considering the sea of descriptions needed now.

Oh, wow. Didn't see that last post. Welp I guess it's fine without me still.

Last edited by duckboycool (May 17, 2018 01:35:08)

moshe2
Scratcher
100+ posts

duckboycool wrote:

Okay, I couldn't do all of them this time like I have in the past, but I'll put a dent in them.
–snip–
Adding a system where once you reach a certain amount of posts, the time of the 60 second rule is decreased, and eventually removed.

I can seriously tell that my work did something in the past considering the sea of descriptions needed now.

Oh, wow. Didn't see that last post. Welp I guess it's fine without me still.
That… doesn't make sense

This is my signature
Cool stuff
More Cool Stuff
Odab RP
My website
#NoMoreFNAF

lizardz25
Scratcher
30 posts

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/51130/

Hello, Stone   ge! Who takes the Pandorica takes the           bad news, everyone, because g
about, it's r      distracting. Could you all just stay still a       because I. AM. TALKING! The quest
Answer: I do.  xt question, who's co ing to take it from me   Come on! Look at me – No plan, no
else: I don't have anything to lose! So,      e sitting up there in your silly little spaceshi
the Pandorica tonig t, just remembe          g in your way! Remember every b
thing – Let somebody else try fi
Who else misses Matt Smi ?

Amy! Rory! Get in the TARDIS! The kumquats are back!
mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

duckboycool wrote:

_-The_Remixer-_ wrote:

duckboycool wrote:

_-The_Remixer-_ wrote:

Sorry.
No, you're fine. I can see that you are new to the forums, and everybody has to learn in some way. I'm very glad to see that you've decided to join here. It's sadly uncommon, and everybody makes these mistakes when they are new. It can feel disheartening to have everybody point out your mistakes, but just keep in mind that they are trying to do their best to help both you and the forums. This is one of the hardest problems for new forumers, and likewise it is difficult for experienced forumers to both get the rules across to somebody making a mistake while also not coming off as harsh. I hope that you'll stick around here if you like it, and just keep this in mind if you do. In the meantime, I'd reccomend reading the “stickied” topics in every forum before posting there. (They will be at the top, say “Sticky:” before them and have a little pin symbol.) With that all said, thank you and don't feel bad about making mistakes.
I once got two alerts when I hadn't learned about the Community Guidelines. But I've now worked up to 250+ posts!

mrbumppo
The Internet is a weird place, so don't question it.

bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@wWSunPandaWw: Wow, thanks! I added them, and added you to the “Special Thanks” section at the bottom of the directory.

@duckboycool: Thanks anyway!

@lizardz25: Added! Thanks

“Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.” -Jane Goodall