Discuss Scratch

bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

<< The Suggestions Directory 3.0 | The list of suggestions >>

Please don't ask for suggestions to be added right now - this is currently in the process of moving to a new topic by LegoManiac04

Hey there! I am now requiring you add a description when giving me your suggestions! Please use the form below from now on. Please copy-and-paste it into your post and fill it out. If you do not use the form, your suggestion may not be added. Also, you may now only submit a suggestion if it is 3 days old or older.
[b]Name of suggestion:
Link to suggestion:
Topic creator:
Description:
When was your topic posted?
Your username:
Have you posted suggestions here before?

Hey there! The Scratch Team is eager to hear your suggestions, I'm sure, but if you post them here they most likely won't see them! Please click here to make a new topic. Then, copy-and-paste the URL of your topic and post it here! Thanks!
Credit to duckboycool for idea for styling of the text above and at the top

Why hello there! Welcome to The Suggestions Directory! You might be thinking “Why is this topic here?” Well, the Suggestions Directory is a directory of suggestions to prevent duplicates. Duplicates are suggestions that have already been suggested before. Duplicates usually get closed. So, to prevent from creating duplicates in the first place, look through here before creating your suggestion. You might find it in here! Now you might be thinking “How do topics get into The Suggestions Directory?” How suggestions get in here is people linking topics. If you link suggestion topics, it is a big help for me to work on The Suggestions Directory. So yeah! That's what this topic is for. If any of the topics here are closed, please let me know and I will remove them. Also, this is organized by alphabet. It starts with the FIRST letter of the thing, even if it's “the” or “a” etc. You can also find duplicates by typing this into Google:
site:scratch.mit.edu/discuss (your search)

For more tips on how to find duplicates, see this post by Wahsp

Please read:
  • To search this directory, use CMD-F or CTRL-F depending on what computer you are on. Then type in what you want to search.
  • Descriptions are written by the person it says they're by. All credit for that description goes to that person; unless specified, I most likely did not write any of it.
  • When you submit a suggestion, if it is not closed, I will probably add that suggestion onto the directory and add your name into the Credits section if I haven't already.
  • When you submit a description, I will most likely add your description in your exact words into the directory. Credit will be given.

{3.0 Suggestion} Be Able To Use Scratch Emojis like _:P_ & _pizza_ Again by KawaiiScratchUser
Have access to these: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_Emojis (description by bigpuppy)

3.0 is FINE, almost. (suggestions) by coderoni
Description needed

A better ‘explore’ page by ChocolatePi
Adjusting the Explore page by adding tabs to tailor to a Scratcher's needs. (description by wWSunPandaWw)abi

About Me and What I'm Working On need more characters. by mathfreak231
self-explanatory (“description” by stickfiregames)

Ability to add names to scripts by megaman100
The ability to assign scripts names to sort scripts and stop specific scripts. (description by duckboycool)

Ability to pause scripts or sprites by megaman100
New blocks to pause a specific script, and to resume it later. (description by duckboycool)

Ability to report signature. by IcyCoder
See title. (description by bigpuppy)

Ability to See a Project's Status by st19_galla
Show when a project is FE or NFE (description by stickfiregames)

Ability to see previous versions of a project, user page, etc by megaman100
Being able to see previous versions of a project [or a profile, or something else] (description by TheAdriCoolManDude, edits in brackets by bigpuppy)

Ability to sort the list of projects on a menu/list by megaman100
Being able to sort the projects in a studio by type, like in My Stuff. (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Ability to speed up or slow down scripts or sprites by megaman100
Blocks to set the speed of a specific script to be slower or quicker than normal by having more or less wait between blocks being run. (description by duckboycool)

Ability to start specific scripts or sprites by megaman100
A block to start a specific script. (description by duckboycool)

The ability to unfollow closed topics. by duckboycool
Being able to unfollow closed topics (description by StrangeMagic32, who suggested adding this suggestion)
Categorized under “a” even though there's a “the” in the title

Add “Color” To Formatting Bar by alexphan
Make it easier to use coloured text on the forums. (description by FuturePr0)

Add a For-Loop by destroyer489
a python style for loop where it runs through every item in a list would be great (description by destroyer489)

Add button to demote managers by mathfreak231
Be able to demote Managers to Curators in studios (description by FrenchBread49)
Note: The above description was made by FrenchBread49 for this topic by FrenchBread49, but that was a duplicate of mathfreak231's topic.

Add folders to the My Projects screen by rev_dude
Allow the creation of folders in the my stuff menu, to be better organized. (description by rev_dude)

Adding a custom block size by HELIFIRE
add percentages. Since the current zoom-in & zoom-out system zooms out of the entire editor, we should be able to toggle block sizes specifically so that the text is not too small. I also think that if this is implemented, it would be a good idea to set a min and max for this. (description by HELIFIRE)

Adding Local Save Files To Make Saving Easier by mr_scientific
adding a save file feature, essentially saving a text file to the computer or as cache data. This will allow games to create reliable save systems. (description by mr_scientific)

Add more filters to messages by Sigton
Add more filter categories in the Messages section (Description by Econinja)

Add postimage.org Or freeimagehosting.net As Image Hosts by alexphan
Allow images to be posted to the forums by using the two websites in the title. (description by bigpuppy)

adjust the size of the drawing area by MaximunPokeMaster
I've seen some people complain about the size of the new drawing area, so maybe you should have the ability to adjust the size of it!!! (description by MaximunPokeMaster)

A few suggestions for Scratch 3.0 by FireEmeraldAnimator
A list of suggestions to add to 3.0 (description by duckboycool)

Link to wiki on front page by mitchboy
By putting a link to the wiki in the top header bar, we could increase knowledge of its existence. (Description by Bright-Idea)

Alert when a forum thread that we're following is closed or deleted by the Scratch Team by dvargasews
A message when a forum topic you're following is deleted or closed be the Scratch Team. (description by Border-Collie)

All keys on keyboard by savaka
Allows all keys on a keyborad to be detected by the <key pressed> block that aren't special characters. (description by duckboycool)

Allow experimental extensions by Monniasza_spzoo
Adding experimental extensions to public projects might help develop them and Scratch project player and editor. (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

Allowing Scratchers to Make their Own Categories on Profile (With a Q&A) by TheAdriCoolManDude
Allowing more categories other from “My Shared Projects”, “Studios I Curate”, etc. of your choice on your profile. (description by TheAdriCoolManDude)

Allow people to paste in photos by Digital_Gaming
Allowing to put pictures in forum posts without having to use an image hosting site (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Allow variables to be transferred to sprite-only by Monniasza_spzoo
Allows all sprites variables to be transferred to sprite-only variables (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

Alternative 3D solution by Monniasza_spzoo
Solve issue of idea rejection at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/343602/?page=1 (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

≥ and ≤ in operators by Photoguy77
The two blocks would appear in the operators category along with > and < (description by duckboycool)

✏️ A new design for Scratch ✏️ by Kokasgui
Design concepts for the pages that still have their 2.0 style. (description by duckboycool)

Another idea for the 60 second rule. by rollercoasterfan
Decreasing the amount of seconds in the 60-second rule depending on your post count (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Arranging projects in studios by Scratch—Cat
Being able to arrange projects in studios (obviously). (description by WindOctahedron, who asked for this suggestion to be added)

A solution to duplicate posts by dvargasews
Restoring forum search, splitting forums, adding duplicate post alerts, and possibly more to come! (description by dvargasews)

A suggestion to prevent the question “Can I change my name?” from coming up again by chacharosie8888
Basically this will tell everyone that they cannot change their name in the future when they create their account. This is a very popular suggestion. (description by bigpuppy)

Asynchronous custom blocks. by Jonathan50
Gives the option to the user to have the custom block script running and have the original script running as well, by making them run separately from each other. (description by duckboycool)

An undo button by Zappy1333
An undo button in the Script Editor (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Automatically add closing tags on the forums by stickfiregames
Add missing tags, so your whole post doesn't turn into scratchblocks when you quote someone (description by stickfiregames)

A way to filter messages by Yllie
A Checklist to decide which types of messages you want to appear in your inbox (description by wWSunPandaWw)

A way to organize scripts!! by Bananaman3_0
self-explanatory (description by bigpuppy)

A Way to Promote Those Advertised Projects by MathlyCat
Ways to make the Show and Tell forum more popular. (Description by Bright-Idea)

A Way To Reduce Rejected Suggestions by Cub56
A popup reminding users if their suggestion is rejected (description by Cub56)

BBCode in Comments by Skizzors
The ability to use BBCode in comments. (Description by bigpuppy)

Better audio options by EssenceOfFire
Suggestions to make the audio editor easier, including suggestions on removed features to reimplement. (description by EssenceOfFire)

Better Custom Blocks by AonymousGuy
Allowing Scratchers to make custom reporters, booleans, etc. (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Better Custom Blocks by tycable
Some custom blocks that could be added to scratch. (description by duckboycool)

Better educate Scratchers about remixes and recolors by Hamish752
Letting Scratchers know that all scratchers are allowed to remix and recolor their content (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Better Translate Options for Scratch by rollercoasterfan
Makes it so the explore page features projects of the language selected. (description by duckboycool)

Block Front-Paged Scratchers From Getting Front-Paged Again Soon by Chibi-Matoran

Blur effect by Corpz
A blur effect block for sprites. (description by Splow)

Bridge Variables by zorket
Variables to sync Cloud Data between projects (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Bring back the old way of messages by @GC_Collabs
Bring back the old layout of the messages page; the one before the current one. (description by bigpuppy)

Bring back user ID Block by thelucariokid
Bringing back the User ID block (a block that detects which number view that user has) (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Bug Blocker Team by IAP-reloaded
A special team for answering questions in the Bugs and Glitches forum (description by wWSunPandaWw)

buttons by EveryPizza
A suggestion to bring back the embed button for Scratch projects. (description by duckboycool)

Cached Variables!(Saved Games!) by epninja
Being able to Cache variables in your browser/Scratch Servers. (description by wWSunPandaWw)

“Camera” controls that treat the viewing window as a camera view? by dusty22
Makes the entire project act as a camera, and it is able to change. (description by duckboycool)

Camera node by ResExsention
Description needed

Canvas Saver (for Pen Extension) by TylerDufalla112408
A way for drawings made by the pen extension to be saved to an external place (Like a list) (description by TylerDufalla112408)

Case Sensitivity Options by EIephant_Lover
Scratch should allow you to change whether a sprite's scripts are case sensitive (different responses based on upper- and lowercase) or not. (description by EIephant_Lover)

Categorize variables by Monniasza_spzoo
Categorize variables and lists to clean up palette (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

Center sprite option by LeoLegal
A suggestion to add back the center sprite button. (description by duckboycool)

Change “Draft” to “Work In Progress” by alexphan
To clear up confusion, the term for an uncompleted project should change from “Draft” to “Work-in-Progress” (Description by Bright-Idea)

Change how reports are handled by stickfiregames
Be able to see projects you've reported and re-send reports that were missed by the ST (description by stickfiregames)

Change Slider Min/Max with Scripts by KittenDude172

Changing Variable Colors by BoltBait

Changing your featured project title by cwkethan1508
You should be able to change the ‘featured project’ title on your profile page to anything! (Description by Econinja)

Choice between current message layout and old one by scratchjack1234
Basically requesting the option to go back to the old message layout if you'd like. (description by scratchjack1234)

Clear a certain sprite's pen by Greatguy123
Allows somebody to clear the pen only one one singular sprite. (description by duckboycool)

Clickable links in descriptions of own projects by stickfiregames
Clickable links in your own project/studio/profile descriptions, instead of going into edit mode like it does now (description by stickfiregames)

“CloneAlert” idea by LP_Play
There should be a system that detects changes when someone remixes a project. If there are no major changes in the project (or it's a copy), the project cannot be shared. (description by alexphan)

Clone types by megaman100
Being able to set a value to a clone when they are clones that allows only certain clone scripts to be activated. (description by duckboycool)

Close Announcement Topics by Bright-Idea
When an announcement topic is created, it should be immediately closed to prevent floods of spam. (Description by Bright-Idea)

Cloud Ping block by braxbroscratcher
Adding a “ping” block to Cloud blocks to test the ping. (description by wWSunPandaWw)
Category: New Blocks

Cloud variables by Scratcher402
Currently, the site has support for cloud variables which have limitations. I have an idea: maybe you can make it possible to connect a cloud storage account to a project so that the data is loaded there?:/ (description by Scratcher402)

[Code sections] the best block idea ever - we need this block by theonlygusti
Organizing scripts with c-blocks (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Collapse quote/code by scimonster
Automatically snip or collapse quotes on the forums (description by stickfiregames)

Color at x () y () block by Wheatly_Scratcher
There would be a block in Scratch which would be called “color at x () y ()” which would check the color at the coordinates that you give it, and the result will be the number you would use in the “set pen color to ()” block to make the color. (description by Wheatly_Scratcher)

Color Detection??? by jerry1000
A block for detecting the color of a given pixel. (description by Splow)

The Color Selector Needs to be Made More Precise by nathanpig
Color picker needs to be made easier to use precisely. (description by nathanpig)
Categorized under “c” even though it starts with “The”

Community guidelines at account creation by Hamish752
When you sign up on Scratch, it shows the Community Guidelines (description by bigpuppy)

“Create own block” dropdown list by Me_Tis
Create drop down list inputs for custom blocks (Description by Econinja)

“curators only” option for studio comments by girlsruless
Add an option for comments to be for curators only. (description by girlsruless)

Custom Extensions by yoreni
scratchers can make thier own extenstions and share them (description by yoreni)

Customizable permission settings for studio curators and managers by StevenTheSquare
Give studio owners the ability to change what permissions managers, curators, and non-curators have access to in that studio, in order to prevent studio-trolls, misbehaving curators, and other similar problems. (description by StevenTheSquare)

Customizable Profile Wallpaper! by zlivvy
Custom background wallpaper for your profile. (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Customizing A List's Appearence by Charles12310
The ability to move and sense properties of a list like a sprite. (description by WatermelonHeadache)

Dark paint editor by JoshyRobot
adding an option to switch to a dark-theme paint editor (description by pinkieofthepies)

Declining from statistics by ResExsention
Being able to decline from participating in Scratch statistics. (description by ResExsention)

“Delete all orphan blocks and duplicate scripts” option in right-click interface by BFDISuperFan
Have an option that deletes scripts and blocks that aren’t connected to an hat block (Meaning they won’t run at all) and scripts that are exactly the same/duplicates. Located with the “clean up” option: Right-clicking on an empty space in the editor. (description by BFDISuperFan)

Detecting Right Click by FancyFoxy
Add a hat block and boolean block that can detect a right-click. (description by FancyFoxy)

Different mouse pointers by Just_Ciaran
Making the mouse pointer appear differently than the one currently being used inside a project. (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Discussions I'm Following by Yanderan

Easier Custom Thumbnails by PullJosh
A button you can click to put a new thumbnail on your project. (description by bigpuppy)

Easier way to follow by TheSmashers
Allows somebody to follow a person from their project pages. (description by duckboycool)

Edit comment before 30 seconds by Bright-Idea
Allows you to edit your comment before 30 seconds. This prevents spam as well as allows the ability to fix mistakes. (description by Bright-Idea)

Effect Number Block by ExtremeLogic
A reporter block for graphic effects (description by stickfiregames)

Embedding 3.0 Projects in HTML by kumquapi
Description needed!

Embed YouTube videos by Monniasza_spzoo
Allows to embed YouTube videos, which might be useful to bugs requiring video footage eg. artifacts showing up when moving blocks. (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

EST time by seeqsfisher
a way to tell est time (description by seeqsfisher)

Fast Color Replacement by ihgfedcba
Allow color replacement that's less restrictive than the current color effects. (description by ihgfedcba)

Favorite Button (Not the favorite button but something similar) by The-Book-Worm
A button that allows you to ‘star’ a scratcher. When you ‘star’ a scratcher, you will receive notifications when they post a new project (description by The-Book-Worm)

Featured Users by NolanAwesome
Certain Scratchers and New Scratchers could be featured on the front page. (Description by Bright-Idea)

File I/O Blocks by sk7725
Description needed!

A Fill block in Scratch 3.0 (a pen block) by Scratch-Minion
A block that fills an area of a current pen color. (description by TheAdriCoolManDude)
Note: This is categorized under “F” even though it starts with “A”.

filterbot specificness by starbyt
Filterbot needs to be more specific about what, specifically, is offensive about a user's comment. (description by starbyt here)

Fix the Sound Editor and the lag by MarcoMCE
About the lag and the sound editor's issues with music that is over a minute. (description by MarcoMCE)

Float override by ihgfedcba
Override floats to be 16-bit, 32-bit, 80-bit or 128-bit instead of 64-bit. (description by ihgfedcba)

Fonts by iTweak0r
Adding more fonts and being able to easily import fonts (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Forum Security Change by Scratchified_Extras
When clicking a link to an outside site on the forums, the forums alert the user clicking the link that the user are exiting the Scratch website and are not responsible for the safety of the site the user is going to. (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Forward compatibility. by leapinleopardstar
The ability for Scratch 3.0 code to be run in 2.0 and 1.4. (description by -Reshiram-)

Add gamepad blocks. by megaman100
Making blocks that are used for the controller. (description by TheAdriCoolManDude)
Note: This is categorized under “G” even though it starts with “A”.

General Editor Suggestions by ResExsention
A suggestion to add the option to make the Scratch editor feel more natural and conventionalized by completely overhauling the current editor UI. The original editor will still remain, though. (description by ResExsention)

Get Surprise Sprite button by bigpuppy
Bring back the random sprite button. (description by bigpuppy)

Git for scratch by tux_fan
A VCS Version Control system and better collaboration for scratch (explanation by tux_fan)

Global and local block definitions by Monniasza_spzoo
Global block definitions would be simpler. Any local variables in global blocks will come from definition owner main sprite. (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

Grouped Notifications by Zekrom01

Grouping Points in vector by VoltageGames
Allowing multiple points in the Vector Editor to function easily as one (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Hashtables by Monniasza_spzoo
Hashtables will store data, and its items will be referred to with text. (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

Have the option to turn off auto-save or change how frequent the project saves by BFDISuperFan
description needed

Have USB controllers added to extentions by SArpnt
Have the ability to use USB controllers as inputs, similar to LegoWeDo and PicoBoard (description by gavinskycastle)

HD 16:9 Scratch Stage Mod by nedens
A 16:9 widescreen option for the stage. Only used in projects where the option is selected. (description by Splow)

Hyperlink Web Pages In-Project by DerpyLlama101
A block that can send someone using the project to another website/page. Would have a confirmation. (description by bigpuppy)

Ideas for Scratch variables and lists by LegoBuilder26
Description needed

Image Hosting by Kokasgui
You should be able to put images on the forums using the website imgBB. (description by bigpuppy)

Independent Pen Canvases by NitroCipher
Would allow you to create multiple canvases that can be manipulated individually (description by NitroCipher)

join () () can be used to identify the variable or list name in data blocks by BFDISuperFan
Certain operator blocks should be usable for the variable or list drop down section to identify it. (description by BFDISuperFan)

Link to Phosphorous by DaSpudLord
A link to Phosphorus under the “Install Flash” message (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Link to the Topic: ‘Propose projects to be featured’ in the Featured Projects section of the home-page by LattleKada

Made Edits To… Activity Notification by scratchjack1234
A new activity notification for the front page where you can see the people you're following's activity that tells you when someone makes edits to a project (description by scratchjack1234)

Make the Search Bar Expandable–Solution for #BringItBack, Win-Win Solution! by wWSunPandaWw
When you click on the search bar, it gets bigger. This idea also includes a suggestion for some buttons on the navigation bar to be removed. (description by bigpuppy)

Making No Advertising a Community Guideline by scratchjack1234
This would make Advertising banned in the community guidelines (description by scratchjack1234)

Merge the two “my stuff” buttons by yzyzyz
remove one of the “my stuff” buttons (description by yzyzyz)

Message Filter by -PixelatedCandy-
Description needed! ^.^

Message Icon in Editor by fyromaniac1
Have a button in the project editor that goes to your messages. (description by bigpuppy)

Messages Suggestion. by titanscratch
Allows a user to mark individual messages as read, rather than them all being marked at once when they go to the messages page. (description by duckboycool)

Mobile. by StrangeMagic32
Review of the mobile side of things (description by StrangeMagic32)

Mobile-Friendliness blocks by LEGO1022
Description needed! ^.^

model for 403 by ScratchDigoh
a project to give a new design to the 403 error (description by ScratchDigoh)

More layout options by ResExsention
Allow all docks in the editor to be resized and moved, even deleted and duplicated. They should also be able to be organized in tabs. This way, we don't have the problem of “too complicated UI”, since people would be able to customize the layout to fit their workflow. (description by ResExsention)

More powerful microphone blocks by daffy1234
A few new sensing blocks to make microphone input more useful. (description by daffy1234)

More sound effects by sbonnett9
More options in the “effects” menu for editing sounds. (description by duckboycool)

More settings in the Scratch desktop installer by ResExsention
The Scratch desktop installer won't let you customize the installation parameters, suggesting the option to configure advanced settings (what shortcuts to create, where to install, etc.) (description by ResExsention)

More username blocks by dvargasews
This suggests for…more username blocks :P Most of them detect whether they are following a user or vice versa, as well as generating lists of usernames. (description by alexphan)

Multi-hashtables by Monniasza_spzoo
Advanced datatype for storing mutiple hashtables using their indexes (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

My Emoji by ScratchDiogoh
Adding an emoji featuring the three-eyed Scratch Cat (description by bigpuppy)<

New block: <color is touching > by DevanWolf
A boolean block that detects if a color is touching a certain thing. (description by TheAdriCoolManDude)

New block- Touching any sprite by IronBit_Studios

New features for lists in forum posts by dvargasews
Numbered lists should be able to have decimals. (description by alexphan)

New fonts by Paloftis
We need new fonts for when creating backgrounds and sprites (description by Paloftis)

New SDS Curators by rollercoasterfan
This suggestion suggests that new SDS curators should be selected. (description by bigpuppy)

New Stickies by MathlyCat
A sticky for each forum going over some simple guidelines/rules for said forum. (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Onion skins by Lukia26
Makes a transparent image of a sprite as a previous costume. (description by duckboycool)

Opacity? by ThePancakeMan
Adding an opacity option to the paint edtor (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Optional text version of scratch blocks by Honeybee_
Text-based version of Scratch as an option in the editor (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Option to allow sprites to move off the screen by Griffpatch
self-explanitory (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Original release date of a project by LeoLegal
Description needed

“Other” custom country in the list by MeIoetta
Set your location to anything you like (description by stickfiregames)

Pause/Resume by scimonster
There should be a pause and a resume button in projects. (description by Bright-Idea)

Pen Eraser by JoeyTheChicken
Erases the pen so the backdrop shows through (description by stickfiregames)

Pen reporters by Invisible_Factory
Reporters for pen size and color (description by stickfiregames)

Pen should be vector, or something less pixelated. by theonlygusti
Allows the pen have better graphics. (description by duckboycool)

Stickying comments by Unlocked
Allows the owner of a project to keep a comment at the top of the list even when more people comment. (description by duckboycool)

Porting Scratch 3.0 projects by megaman100
Needs description!

Power block by savaka
Adds the (( ) ^ ( )) block (description by stickfiregames)

Prevent your project from being added to a studio by Zekrom01
self-explanitory (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Previous costume by Malthetalthee
A previous costume block. (description by bigpuppy)

Profile widgets by rollercoasterfan

Put the while block in the block palette by miniepicness
Adds the While Block back in Scratch. (description by duckboycool)

“Recommended Projects” Bar on Home Page by videobob
Gives a list of projects next to your current one that Scratch believes is related to the current one. (description by duckboycool)

Remix Tree should have some kind of faster navigation by 8435
Allows people to go through remixes of projects based off of a numbering system. (description by duckboycool)

Reopen the Topic by scratchinghead
The owner of a topic easily being able to reopen a topic they closed. (description by wWSunPandaWw)

RGB or Hex input for colors in Bitmap and Vector by Bright-Idea
You should be able to pick colors using RGB or Hex in the editor for greater selection and more accuracy as to the color you're looking for. (description by Bright-Idea)

Replace blocks for better ones by Monniasza_spzoo
Improving existing blocks (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

RIght-clicking to change blocks removed in 3.0, please add it back in. by ninjachickun
Description needed

new block idea for 3.0 [rotate around x,y point] by nickliu
A block that allows a sprite to rotate around a certain place. (description by TheAdriCoolManDude)sc
Note: This suggestion is categorized under “r” even though the name starts with “n” as the part of the name describing the suggestion starts with “r”.

Reminders by VortexLion
Description needed!
Note: “Reminders” is not the actual title, but as NilsTheBest mentioned in the topic, the other suggestion in the topic is duplicate.

removing the automatic credit by ScratchDigoh
Removing the automatic credit box on remixes. (description by duckboycool)

Saturation Block by Enderdragonfarmy

science and math forum! by yzyzyz
self explanatory (“description” by yzyzyz)

scratch 3.0 suggestion/question by Shaarrk
Changing the way lists work in Scratch 3.0 (description by TheAdriCoolManDude)

Scratch Live by DoNOTFollow
a way to watch people edit real time without having to reload the page every second (similar to youtube live without video and microphone) (description by DoNOTFollow)

Script Locking. by 1a3c5e7g9i
Lock the script so that it doesn't move until it is unlocked. (description by 1a3c5e7g9i)

Search bar for Studios by Dreamo
A search bar to help you find your name to remove you from large studios. (description by Slava118 for this topic, but that was a duplicate of the topic above)

Search for block ____ by PhysicsLover999
Being able to search for a certain block in a project (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Searching in Studios by storytellergirl_test
Adding a search bar to studios to find certain projects/managers/curators (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Send Broadcast To Only A Specific Sprite(s) by Charles12310
Adding blocks to broadcast to a specific sprite. (description by duckboycool)

Set pen color to [#ffffff] hovering by StrangeMagic32
Add hovering over the pen color block and see it's color (description by StrangeMagic32)

Show an on-hover tooltip for long project titles to make browsing easier by MaybeMewi
Kinda in the title (description by bigpuppy)

Show how many seconds left when 60-second rule happens by girlsruless
Show people how many seconds remain until they can post again. (description by girlsruless)

Share button edit/alternative by Greatguy123
Changes the phrasing of the note you get at an unshared project so people don't share something unfinished as they believe they are being told to share the project. (description by duckboycool)

Some more bugs of 3.0 and my suggestions by ronezjk15
Description needed!

“Sorry, you do not have permission to do that.” by LionHeart70
Change the message when attempting to invite a user who's email is not confirmed to a studio from “Sorry, you do not have permission to do that.” to something less misleading such as ‘This user’s email is not confirmed'. (description by Auroura_Wolf

Sound Loudness Block - Test it now! by Mr_sprite
Similar to the Loudness block, but for specific audio files. (description by Splow)

split block by gamer270
Splits a string when a specific string shows up inside it. (description by duckboycool)

Spoiler Tags. by szogun
Collapsible sections of text on the forums (description by stickfiregames)

Sprites Folder by Wetbikeboy2500
The ability to group sprite (in folders). (description by bigpuppy)

Stop a Certain Script Block by Tommy100
Adding an option to the stop block to stop specific other scripts. (description by duckboycool)

Stop Saying “x can be confusing to New Scratchers” to warrant a “No Support” by Letsgopitt

Stretch Block by shaymin88
A block for stretching a sprite vertically/horizontally. (description by Splow)

Studio ideas by rollercoasterfan
This has many different suggestions for studios. (description by bigpuppy)

Studio invite message by ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Change the studio message “(username) is already a curator of this studio” to “(username) was already invited to curate this studio” (description by alexphan)

Studio notifications are more specific. by Ryrie36
Make studio messages more specific than “new activity”. (description by girlsruless for this topic, but I believe that's a duplicate of the above one)

Sub-Forum: Tutorials by MicroMacro
A dedicated tutorials forum where people can both post and view tutorials created by others, so that we don't have random tutorials anywhere on the forums. (description by ResExsention for this topic, as ResExsention suggested that but it was a duplicate)

Suggestion for New Sound Blocks! by enderawesomeness
Allows you to set and change the volume of a single sound clip. (description by duckboycool)

Suggestions For scratch 1-5 by ParrotTV
Description needed!

suggestion to help with GO TO URL block problem by iTweak0r
A block to open web pages (description by stickfiregames)

Sun Blocks by mica43683
New blocks that cast shadows on the stage and brighten or darken the stage. (description by DaEpikDude)

Superfast graphics by Monniasza_spzoo
At least 100 times faster graphics (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

Tell the user when their project is marked as NFE by NoxSpooth
self-explanatory (“description” by stickfiregames)

Text Based Code Support by sk7725
Description needed!

Text boxes in blocks should have line breaks or a truncated appearance when the text inside is long by BFDISuperFan
Self-explanatory. (description by BFDISuperFan)

The ability to hide the mouse cursor/pointer when hovering over the stage screen by crazykidz
Blocks to make the cursor hide when it is hovering over the stage (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Themes for 3.0 by _Circuit-
Changing the theme of the editor to one's preference (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Time Zone by GlassGalaxy
This suggests for a time zone setting in “Account Settings”, since all times on the website are according to MIT time. (description by alexphan)

Treemaps by Monniasza_spzoo
Treemaps will be great way to arrange data. (description by Monniasza_spzoo)

TURBO MODE BLOCK by JamesOuO
Blocks to toggle and detect turbo mode (description by stickfiregames)

The Ultimate Scratch 3.0 Block Style Protest Megathread by titanscratch
Change the size and colour of the blocks in Scratch 3.0 (description by stickfiregames)
{categorized under “U”}

The Ultimate Solution to the Problems of the Navigation Bar by red_king_cyclops
Changes the top bar so that there are all the buttons needed there, along with discuss, but it scrolls so that there is enough room for a searchbar. (description by WatermelonHeadache)
{categorized under “U”}

Unanswered posts by Deerleg
Keeping posts with no new posts at the top of the forums, like the stickies, so they are more obvious and receive answers faster (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Update the profile and my stuff pages on 3.0 by StarlightJenna
Description needed ^.^

Upgrade BBcode Signatures by GoldStarXD
Adding more features to BBCode (description by wWSunPandaWw)

{Username} reshared {project name} by Starstriker3000
When a project is unshared and then reshared, the Scratcher's profile and their followers' “What's Happening?” section should say that is was reshared instead of saying that it was shared. (description by Starstriker3000)

12 vs. 24 Hours by rollercoasterfan
The option to switch between 24 hour time or 12 hour time (with AM and PM) on your post in the forums. (description by wWSunPandaWw)

Warn users when they've exceeded an asset size/JSON file size limit by Flowermanvista
To prevent user confusion when they exceed the limit of asset size or project.json file size, they should be warned so they can fix it. (description by Flowermanvista)

“When tab opened” block. by dvargasews
There's a lot of confusion about this one. It's when the tab to Scratch program that the block is in is opened, (not when ANY tab is opened) not when the tab button is PRESSED. (description by bigpuppy, edited by dvargasews)

When Touching Actor Clone Block by HanksStudios
This block would be in the sensing/control/event area of code blocks, and it would detect if a actor is touching a clone of a actor. (description by HanksStudios)

Run by:
@bigpuppy

Previous Suggestion Directory Topics & Maintainers (oldest - newest):
1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/91174/ (run by @brainstorm101)
2: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/147070/ (run by @Cream_E_Cookie) —> Some suggestions in this directory are from here; credit to openPoll here for the idea to tell you this

Fonts:
Banner: Grand Hotel & Bungee Shade
Section Headers: Courier New

Contributors:
Please note these only include people that posted on this topic, not the previous topics. This is in order of submission. I thank you for all your help in adding to this directory!

@bigpuppy
@TheScratchHobbiest
@Bright-Idea
@alexphan
@Sheep_maker
@storytellergirl_test
@BurnedCrystal
@Just_Ciaran
@N-Productions
@13muchbats
@Digital_Gaming
@braxbroscratcher
@tux_fan
@rev_dude
@rh_junr
@Saiid
@Ziggy741
@MathlyCat
@Bananaman3_0
@BunnyTales
@dvargasews
@ZZ9PluralZAlpha
@chocolatecandiecayne
@stickfiregames
@NitroCipher
@ETS12345
@Econinja
@duckboycool
@ski-
@enderawesomeness
@R_Ravenclaw
@GoldstarXD
@Cub56
@Wheatly_Scratcher
@1a3c5e7g9i
@8435
@yzyzyz
@FancyFoxy
@Auroura_Wolf
@scratchjack1234
@red_king_cyclops
@Charles12310
@seeqsfisher
@SArpnt
@mica43683
@DaEpikDude
@Dilek10
@MaybeMewi
@girlsruless
@megaman100
@DARKwordwolf
@pinkieofthepies
@gavinskycastle
@Border-Collie
@FuturePr0
@wWSunPandaWw
@lizardz25
@Splow
@nickliu
@girlpower1313
@TheAdriCoolManDude
@ScratchDiogoh
@daffy1234
@LuckyLucky7^
@tycable
@coderoni
@EveryPizza
@ParrotTV
@HELIFIRE
@BFDISuperFan
@KawaiiScratchUser
@ronezjk15
@sk7725
@Trodon
@animater_iguana
@ninjachickun
@LeoLegal
@KittenDude172
@LegoBuilder26
@Kokasgui
@EIephant_Lover
@FireEmeraldAnimator
@MaximunPokeMaster
@kalebkol
@LEGO1022
@StarlightJenna
@-PixelatedCandy-
@kumquapi
@nathanpig
@MarcoMCE
@ihgfedcba
@Monniasza_spzoo
@StrangeMagic32
@adroitwhiz
@ResExsention
@StevenTheSquare
@EssenceOfFire
@destroyer489
@starbyt
@Starstriker3000
@yoreni
@DoNOTFollow
@Scratcher402
@FrenchBread49
@WindOctahedron
@mr_scientific
@The-Book-Worm
@-Reshiram-
@Flowermanvista
@TylerDufalla112408
@Slava118
@Paloftis

^indirectly

Special Thanks:
@stickfiregames
@duckboycool
@brainstorm101
@Cream_E_Cookie
@yzyzyz
@TheScratchHobbiest (for suggesting something for the directory)
@Ziggy741 (for suggesting to add descriptions for the suggestions)
@wWSunPandaWw (for adding lots of descriptions to the directory, and being helpful in general)
@Thefrenchpeople / @-Accio- here (for possibly adding to my inspiration to have a form for this topic)
@Za-Chary here (for possibly adding to my inspiration to add “Topics & Maintainers” to the list of previous Suggestions Directories in these credits)
@WindOctahedron

Last edited by bigpuppy (April 13, 2020 21:11:27)

“Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.” -Jane Goodall
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh, I have an idea. I might sort it by username so you can easily see if the one you want in here is already in here.

-bigpuppy

“Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.” -Jane Goodall
TheScratchHobbiest
Scratcher
500+ posts

Please add mine
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/211111/?page=1

Plus, I I'll report this to be stickied

I am mostly inactive on scratch but, I will check in now and then!
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheScratchHobbiest wrote:

Please add mine

I'll do that in a bit, right now I'm alphabetizing it.

Bright-Idea
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey, nice job. Someone had to take charge of the old directory. I had been thinking about it, but when school comes around I get really busy.
Can you add mine? RGB or Hex input for colors in Bitmap and Vector by Bright-Idea
I would report it to be stickied, but @TheScratchHobbiest has got it covered.

Now I get why everyone always types “Stupid 60 second rule”

I’m Back!
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bright-Idea wrote:

Hey, nice job. Someone had to take charge of the old directory. I had been thinking about it, but when school comes around I get really busy.
Can you add mine? RGB or Hex input for colors in Bitmap and Vector by Bright-Idea

Thank you!
Added yours, and thanks for already having it look like this: RGB or Hex input for colors in Bitmap and Vector by Bright-Idea

bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please add mine

I added it, and thanks for reporting it to be stickied!

-bigpuppy

alexphan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Reporting to be stickied, because you are more active
also can you add my topic? :P https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/210650/
Bright-Idea
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bigpuppy wrote:

Bright-Idea wrote:

Thank you!
Added yours, and thanks for already having it look like this: RGB or Hex input for colors in Bitmap and Vector by Bright-Idea
Thanks and You're welcome! :p

I’m Back!
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

alexphan wrote:

Reporting to be stickied, because you are more active
also can you add my topic? :P https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/210650/
Added!

Bright-Idea wrote:

bigpuppy wrote:

Bright-Idea wrote:

Thank you!
Thanks and You're welcome! :p

UnseenDegree
Scratcher
4 posts

they should add an option to set the camera to a certain sprite

and to be able to add graphical effects to the camera overlay instead of just the background

-UnseenDegree
MY LATEST PROJECT!
Can You Stay Still?
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/117956611/
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

UnseenDegree wrote:

they should add an option to set the camera to a certain sprite

and to be able to add graphical effects to the camera overlay instead of just the background

-UnseenDegree
MY LATEST PROJECT!
Can You Stay Still?
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/117956611/
Don't suggest here, advertise in your signature.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
-Rosella-
Scratcher
12 posts

My suggestion:

Please make the featuring process fair. I've seen people who've been featured before others who've been on scratch way longer.
e.g: someone is featured within their first month of scratch while someone with just as good projects is never featured and has been there for a year!
And then the newie gets another feature before the other older scratchers. Please make the time between each person's features a year,
(yes, they can wait!)
And make the time before someone can have their first feature 10 months please. I would appreciate you thinking about it anyway.

Last edited by -Rosella- (Aug. 10, 2016 10:03:22)

1MatsuLover
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Rosella- wrote:

My suggestion:

Please make the featuring process fair. I've seen people who've been featured before others who've been on scratch way longer.
e.g: someone is featured within their first month of scratch while someone with just as good projects is never featured and has been there for a year!
And then the newie gets another feature before the other older scratchers. Please make the time between each person's features a year,
(yes, they can wait!)
And make the time before someone can have their first feature 10 months please. I would appreciate you thinking about it anyway.
I don't think this is the right place for suggestions.

Last edited by 1MatsuLover (Aug. 10, 2016 13:53:19)

I left the forums. Sorry.

(Original got removed by ST.)
TheScratchHobbiest
Scratcher
500+ posts

Could you remove:
The suggestions directory by Cream_E_Cookie isn't really active anymore, and people have been saying someone else needs to make a new one, so I thought someone needed to do it, so I made one.

From the FP, as it is not relevant anymore

I am mostly inactive on scratch but, I will check in now and then!
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Could you remove:
The suggestions directory by Cream_E_Cookie isn't really active anymore, and people have been saying someone else needs to make a new one, so I thought someone needed to do it, so I made one.

From the FP, as it is not relevant anymore
Okay.

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think you should add the custom fonts suggestion into the list because topics relating to more fonts usually gets suggested a lot.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

I think you should add the custom fonts suggestion into the list because topics relating to more fonts usually gets suggested a lot.
Added!

amy482004
Scratcher
79 posts

Could you add my topic to you directory?

“Everybody wants happiness, nobody wants pain, but you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain.” ~Unknown
3 words. Fast. Everything. Amazing. Where? Here of course!
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

amy482004 wrote:

Could you add my topic to you directory?
It's a bit new.