when green flag clicked
if <[1] = [17]> then
move (3) steps
ask [and?] and wait
turn cw (join (answer) [14]) degrees
wait (1) secs
play note (59 v) for (0.5) beats
end
And then I ‘remixed’ the project. Would it slip through?
Borderline. Depends on how important that script is in making the project work.
But, 1 is never 17… so it would do nothing to the project.
The detector would detect that then.
How? How would it know to look there?

do you ever feel? ♫♫ like a plastic bag? drifting through the wind? ♫♫ wanting to start again?
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

Lataliat wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Lataliat wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Lataliat wrote:

What if I did this?
when green flag clicked
if <[1] = [17]> then
move (3) steps
ask [and?] and wait
turn cw (join (answer) [14]) degrees
wait (1) secs
play note (59 v) for (0.5) beats
end
And then I ‘remixed’ the project. Would it slip through?
Borderline. Depends on how important that script is in making the project work.
But, 1 is never 17… so it would do nothing to the project.
The detector would detect that then.
How? How would it know to look there?
It would do a scan of the whole project and if all the scripts were the same, an almost unnoticeable or unnoticeable change was made, or there was a script that was useless to the project itself, it would count the project as a copy. If the change is clear, easy to notice and has an impact on the project in player mode, then it is OK.

Littledoggygirl45
Scratcher
100+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

something i swear i remember,
I attempt to remix a project, a notification (with nano on it) pops up saying
It looks like you didn't change anything, maybe try adding something to the project before remixing.

Urgent Message!
Everybody needs to go onto youtube and view the Stressed Out music video so we can get it to one billion views by our deadline!

|-/
http://huggle.jdf2.org/hug/MoonyTheLoony
also while your at it can I have a huggle?
_-Error-_
Scratcher
100+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

No support.

Some people switch accounts and remix ones from their old one, and this would ruin it.

It would not let them share a project they made, but on a previous account.

GOOD JOB
you meme'd well
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

bump

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

Here's a free bump for you.

sakafitrady
Scratcher
100+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

_-Error-_ wrote:

No support.

Some people switch accounts and remix ones from their old one, and this would ruin it.

Then they should add a “move” button. This will promp the user to login to the new account and then duplicate and post the project there, and change new scratcher to scratcher automatically

CloneAlert should also detect removing and adding comments and renaming variables, lists, and custom blocks.
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

sakafitrady wrote:

_-Error-_ wrote:

No support.

Then they should add a “move” button. This will promp the user to login to the new account and then duplicate and post the project there, and change new scratcher to scratcher automatically

CloneAlert should also detect removing and adding comments and renaming variables, lists, and custom blocks.
I think that's already been covered.

muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

I'm kind of on the fence with this, I support the can't be shared part of this, but what if someone was trying to make a personal saved file of a game. This warriors cat project https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/3296553/ has it so you can press the green flag to continue your game. With what your suggesting you can't even remix to make a saved file. Besides what if someone makes a long script in a project connected to a if flag clicked block that consisted of random blocks, shares the project then removes the script they made? What would happen then?

I would greatly appreciate if you were to check of this game I spent months that includes plot and bosses here https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/97452006/ ………………………………………Want a detailed review or idea?

I'm a major fan of Pokemon, Undertale and the Pija and Toast series.
I am doing a shiny scramble of pokemon Pearl. I'm 7 chapters in and on my way to the 2nd gym.
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

muellly wrote:

I'm kind of on the fence with this, I support the can't be shared part of this, but what if someone was trying to make a personal saved file of a game. This warriors cat project https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/3296553/ has it so you can press the green flag to continue your game. With what your suggesting you can't even remix to make a saved file. Besides what if someone makes a long script in a project connected to a if flag clicked block that consisted of random blocks, shares the project then removes the script they made? What would happen then?
I think you can click the remix button, but it won't let you share the project. I think it has been suggested somewhere in this topic that the level of ‘intelligence’ that the detector has can be increased to still detect even after the project is shared.

Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

LP_Play wrote:

-snip-
support!

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

Greenduck54 wrote:

LP_Play wrote:

-snip-
support!
Thanks for the support, but it's a good idea to say why you support something instead of just saying support or no support.

AuabvK
Scratcher
24 posts

"CloneAlert" idea

Total Support. I get a message “so-and-so has remixed you project so-and-so.” I am excited to see how they made it better, or changed it, then I see… The exact same thing! It's very upsetting
LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

AuabvK wrote:

Total Support. I get a message “so-and-so has remixed you project so-and-so.” I am excited to see how they made it better, or changed it, then I see… The exact same thing! It's very upsetting
Please don't necropost in topics that are over 1 year old.

I have about 3450 posts, 90 shared projects, 180 total created/followed topics, and 425 followers.

wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

AuabvK wrote:

Please don't necropost in topics that are over 1 year old.
Necroposting doesn't exist in The Suggestions forums. Instead, we revive discussions for suggestions that are good and haven't been added in yet, so the Scratch Team is reminded of them and will hopefully consider adding them in!

To the OP (or somebody who can answer):
Nice Suggestion! I fully support it for the following reasons:
  • This would encourage creative remixes and stop remix-copying
  • This would stop the Original Creators from getting angry.
  • This would make it harder to steal projects.
And here are a few things I would like to add:
  • What about remixes that delete everything and then the user creates their own project? Could the CloneAlert catch that?
  • What exactly is the minimum of a valid remix?
Edit: Oh my gosh that typo it makes me look like a derp ;-;

Last edited by wWSunPandaWw (Feb. 4, 2018 22:25:23)

I moved to BelieverGirlSun
-ShadowOfTheFuture-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

(This post has been edited by the poster)

Full support for the idea, since it would encourage more creative remixes and reduce the number of exact copies that there are (and there are a lot of them these days)

However, the implementation of this suggestion will be hard. What if the remixer added two new scripts, shared the remix, and removed the two scripts immediately afterwards? It would still be an exact copy, but the detector wouldn't detect it.

Last edited by -ShadowOfTheFuture- (Feb. 5, 2018 19:40:36)

<Insert uncreative signature here>

██       ██  ██            ██  ██       ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
███ ███ ██ ████ ██ ███ ███
█████████ █████ █████ █████████

“Though the seasons come and go, and sunshine turns to snow, we will always have tomorrow up ahead.”
mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

No support, please read the stickies before posting.
Remixes are to change something, even if it's minor. But I do think there should be a way to prevent VDRU(view, download, reupload).

mrbumppo
The Internet is a weird place, so don't question it.

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

I'm unsure what the “click me” forum post image is supposed to represent?

Placeholder
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

mrbumppo wrote:

Remixes are to change something, even if it's minor. But I do think there should be a way to prevent VDRU(view, download, reupload).
If I understand the original post correctly, the suggested system would only allow a remix if a valid change was detected - what makes a change “valid” could be a subject of debate.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"CloneAlert" idea

Paddle2See wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

If I understand the original post correctly, the suggested system would only allow a remix if a valid change was detected - what makes a change “valid” could be a subject of debate.
But didn't you guys (The ST) already confirm that remixes are fine as long as one thing (even if it's minor) is changed, added, or removed?

I moved to BelieverGirlSun