Discuss Scratch

helloandgoodbye9
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sulfurous Player

Mittagskogel wrote:

helloandgoodbye9 wrote:

Mittagskogel wrote:

Wait I have to make more alt accounts I mean bribe convince people to support it?
I dunno… You could try bribing me
Ill tell @DaEvilKumquatMaster not to eat your siggy if you add it.
EDIT: Oh wait - you dont have one.

MUAHAHAHAHA. Ok. Where do I add one?
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/Mittagskogel/
Please add one so I can bribe you. Thank you!

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 25:61:61) ͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪ ͣͣͣͣ ͯͯͯͯYes, its above the line)
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sulfurous Player

blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sulfurous Player

The GitHub repo isn't a true fork of the phosphorus code, which is very sad. It means PRs / patches against one can't be transferred to the other

tosh · slowly becoming a grown-up adult and very confused about it
Unlicht_container
Scratcher
27 posts

Sulfurous Player

liam48D wrote:

Cool!

Next step.. add the ability to set width and height – we want 16:9!

NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sulfurous Player

blob8108 wrote:

The GitHub repo isn't a true fork of the phosphorus code, which is very sad. It means PRs / patches against one can't be transferred to the other
Well, it can still be done, but the process is a lot more tedious
Mittagskogel
Scratcher
33 posts

Sulfurous Player

blob8108 wrote:

I'd be happy to make it a fork, but I am completely incompetent with Github.
Ethan_1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sulfurous Player

Mittagskogel wrote:

blob8108 wrote:

Happy to help if you need it. Just let me know. The first step is to set up an account if you don't have one, then click on the fork button (you might need to select your user icon). That is your fork, where you can apply changes to.
Mittagskogel
Scratcher
33 posts

Sulfurous Player

Ethan_1 wrote:

Mittagskogel wrote:

blob8108 wrote:

Happy to help if you need it. Just let me know. The first step is to set up an account if you don't have one, then click on the fork button (you might need to select your user icon). That is your fork, where you can apply changes to.
Ok, I did that now (I think). Let's see what Nathan says…
blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sulfurous Player

Mittagskogel wrote:

I doubt he'll notice. Certainly he won't mind!

Mittagskogel
Scratcher
33 posts

Sulfurous Player

blob8108 wrote:

Mittagskogel wrote:

I doubt he'll notice. Certainly he won't mind!
Yeah… Either way, I'll still continue developing Sulfurous. If he still decides to use it, that's absolutely fine by me.
gtoal
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sulfurous Player

There appears to be a one-pixel discrepancy between this and Scratch web player at the end of lines when using a large pen size. The initial dropped dot is a pixel wider than the line created when the pen moves. (This isn't just your fork, it's in the original)

Say… any chance you could take on sprite colour effect modes? You'll know it's working when the ghosts in http://newton.nes.aau.at/~sulfurous/#117474890 are no longer all red.

Although the actual action takes place at the right speed, it's interesting that the maze drawing (which is all ‘run without screen refresh’) is much slower on Phosphorus than Scratch.

G
Mittagskogel
Scratcher
33 posts

Sulfurous Player

Ok, I'll check that about pen. Color is the next effect I'm planning to add, but I need to think about how to do it so that there is no major lag… I'm also not completely sure what exactly happens for the color effect in scratch.
I've seen the ‘run without screen refresh’ problem elsewhere too and will look into it. At the moment it looks like it is simply ignored sometimes…?
blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sulfurous Player

I think MathWizz has some WebGL color effect code somewhere.

Mittagskogel
Scratcher
33 posts

Sulfurous Player

blob8108 wrote:

I think MathWizz has some WebGL color effect code somewhere.
Doing it with WebGL would be comparably easy, but Phosphorus and Sulfurous don't use that. I guess I should switch at some point…
Mittagskogel
Scratcher
33 posts

Sulfurous Player

Sorry for the long inactivity, I was travelling and now school started, but I've finally gotten around to fixing a few bugs:

• The 1px discrepancy at the end of pen lines mentioned by gtoal is fixed. It was caused by rounding odd-number pen sizes.
  • In some cases, Sulfurous was ignoring “Run without screen refresh” blocks. This was caused by "wait " blocks inside. In the update, wait blocks will simply be ignored. Please tell me if this causes problems. I'm not sure what purpose the "wait " block has in Scratch?
  • Incorrect bounding boxes of PNGs have also been fixed, although SVGs are probably still incorrect.
  • Color effect has NOT been implemented yet, as it would cause immense lag in Javascript. I'm thinking about using WebGL for Sulfurous, although that's probably not going to happen any time soon.

Last edited by Mittagskogel (Sept. 18, 2016 08:45:23)

lugga
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sulfurous Player

Mittagskogel wrote:

Sorry for the long inactivity, I was travelling and now school started, but I've finally gotten around to fixing a few bugs:

• The 1px discrepancy at the end of pen lines mentioned by gtoal is fixed. It was caused by rounding odd-number pen sizes.
  • In some cases, Sulfurous was ignoring “Run without screen refresh” blocks. This was caused by "wait " blocks inside. In the update, wait blocks will simply be ignored. Please tell me if this causes problems. I'm not sure what purpose the "wait " block has in Scratch?
  • Incorrect bounding boxes of PNGs have also been fixed, although SVGs are probably still incorrect.
  • Color effect has NOT been implemented yet, as it would cause immense lag in Javascript. I'm thinking about using WebGL for Sulfurous, although that's probably not going to happen any time soon.
Do you mean the blocks like “wait 1 secs”? They pause the script for a certain ammount of seconds. For example: “wait 5 secs” would pause for 5 seconds. I don't think you should ignore them
dzaima
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sulfurous Player

oh man have I been waiting for something like this
but by some reason setting width to 1600 makes the Y min&max 135 which is annoying. I wish there was a switch to choose either:
distort the screen (keeping x min&max 240 & y min&max 180),
stretch the margins to custom values (for ex: x 427 y 180), or auto-x and manual y/vice versa
That should cover pretty much any project I could think of

HELLo there
Mittagskogel
Scratcher
33 posts

Sulfurous Player

lugga wrote:

Mittagskogel wrote:

Do you mean the blocks like “wait 1 secs”? They pause the script for a certain ammount of seconds. For example: “wait 5 secs” would pause for 5 seconds. I don't think you should ignore them

I'm only ignoring those with a wait time of 0. I assume inserting a wait time of 0 fixes some sort of bug in the flash player, that was my question.
Mittagskogel
Scratcher
33 posts

Sulfurous Player

dzaima wrote:

oh man have I been waiting for something like this
but by some reason setting width to 1600 makes the Y min&max 135 which is annoying. I wish there was a switch to choose either:
distort the screen (keeping x min&max 240 & y min&max 180),
stretch the margins to custom values (for ex: x 427 y 180), or auto-x and manual y/vice versa
That should cover pretty much any project I could think of

I can't reproduce your problem, what browser are you using? setting width to 1600 should automatically keep the 4:3 ratio and set y to 1200…
I've decided to always keep the ratio the same and min/max values the same, so that ANY project can run in phosphorus, and doesn't have to be especially designed for it. This means that the lower left corner will still be x:-240 y:-180 inside the program. This is then scaled to the screen size in sulfurous. this means that if you want to make use of the higher resolution, you can use decimals to reference to exact pixel locations.

If enough people ask for a custom ratio, I will reconsider.
Gaza101
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sulfurous Player

Awesome job!

Gaza101: retired member of the Scratch 2.0 Transition Team