Discuss Scratch

jaylego
Scratcher
2 posts

ITopic - When is or isn't ok to Report / Flag something?

Someone hacked into a user named (removed by moderator - please don't name specific Scratchers) and changed all his projects!!!!! He has asked me to say this. He needs help !!!!!!

Last edited by Paddle2See (Dec. 2, 2015 22:05:47)

joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jaylego wrote:

Someone hacked into a user named [removed] and changed all his projects!!!!! He has asked me to say this. He needs help !!!!!!
Your friend should contact the Scratch Team directly to have things sorted out.

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
D_i_a_v_l_o
Scratcher
500+ posts

Someone once said to me in scratcharia (the comments) that I was griefing and I kep saying that whoever destroyed their house wasn't me but then they said ‘If you comment again I’ll destroy your house'. My house was huge and took ages to build.

animator
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

D_i_a_v_l_o wrote:

Someone once said to me in scratcharia (the comments) that I was griefing and I kep saying that whoever destroyed their house wasn't me but then they said ‘If you comment again I’ll destroy your house'. My house was huge and took ages to build.
Yeah - that's threatening and is definitely not ok. Please report that.

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
bonniedarko
Scratcher
6 posts

i just got a waring i didnt even create it but freddy had no eye and i think there was just wires coming out of it idk but i may have alot of projects deleted because some have blood on it.
kittykat_005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nevermind

Last edited by kittykat_005 (March 13, 2016 22:13:17)

Funny Doge memes.
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bonniedarko wrote:

i just got a waring i didnt even create it but freddy had no eye and i think there was just wires coming out of it idk but i may have alot of projects deleted because some have blood on it.
You got a warning even though you didn't create the project? Huh - that sounds a bit weird. You might want to ask the Scratch Team to review the case again by using the Contact Us form.

As for projects having blood - yeah, I don't think its a good idea to include blood. That's definitely going to result in the project getting marked as NFE or unshared. Also, here are the policies regarding to FNAF related projects. It also spells out on what is or isn't ok to share.

Last edited by joshuaho (March 14, 2016 02:25:05)

ygt353
Scratcher
1 post

Is ıt ok to say someones Project has “major problems” then realize it don't has problems
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ygt353 wrote:

Is ıt ok to say someones Project has “major problems” then realize it don't has problems
Probably not as you might get warned for false reporting. However, if you did it by accident, you can contact the Scratch Team and explain that it was a mistake.

JonathanSchaffer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

in short, visit spam

club penguin is kil
-Spectrum
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nice!
Maybe you could add some links to the Scratch wiki, too?

Past FPC ✮ Wiki Editor ✮ Artist ✮ Writer ✮ INTJ ✮ She/Her ✮ Ravenclaw ✮ Erudite ✮ Cabin 13

My ProfileScratch WikiScratch FAQ
wmsrivert
Scratcher
2 posts

joshuaho wrote:

chickenperson13 wrote:

can I report this if it Is a comment on a project

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Seems ok to report for me (unless the comment was posted on a Halloween project). If the comment is not relevant to the project, then, yes, I would say to report it.
What if the comment says “Hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”? Would that qualify? It is related to the post that I made, but was still mean-spirited.
-Spectrum
Scratcher
500+ posts

Oh, I just noticed. Can you please replace the link to the “What is Spam?” topic to this?: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/192235/ Thanks!

Past FPC ✮ Wiki Editor ✮ Artist ✮ Writer ✮ INTJ ✮ She/Her ✮ Ravenclaw ✮ Erudite ✮ Cabin 13

My ProfileScratch WikiScratch FAQ
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wmsrivert wrote:

joshuaho wrote:

chickenperson13 wrote:

can I report this if it Is a comment on a project

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Seems ok to report for me (unless the comment was posted on a Halloween project). If the comment is not relevant to the project, then, yes, I would say to report it.
What if the comment says “Hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”? Would that qualify? It is related to the post that I made, but was still mean-spirited.
It wouldn't qualify as spamming since it was related to your post. However, since it was mean spirited, it still would not be ok because it isn't ok to be mean on Scratch.

Last edited by joshuaho (April 21, 2016 20:45:25)

joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Spectrum wrote:

Oh, I just noticed. Can you please replace the link to the “What is Spam?” topic to this?: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/192235/ Thanks!

Yeah - that seems like a good idea since the owner of the old one isn't active anymore. I replaced it.

Last edited by joshuaho (April 21, 2016 20:45:01)

efg1210
Scratcher
71 posts

I was wondering if talking about periods would be considered too inappropriate? I'm not explaining how they work or anything along those lines, just about how everyone skirts around the topic like it's the plague (which clearly it is not).

Hi. If you are feeling down, remember you are not good or bad, but both.
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

efg1210 wrote:

I was wondering if talking about periods would be considered too inappropriate? I'm not explaining how they work or anything along those lines, just about how everyone skirts around the topic like it's the plague (which clearly it is not).
Hmmm… that's a bit hard to say. I would probably suggest reporting them since that is a subject that can be a bit too mature for kids. However, it would be the moderator's call on the final decision.

efg1210
Scratcher
71 posts

I was actually the one who wanted to talk about them. I don't get why it's too mature.

joshuaho wrote:

efg1210 wrote:

Hmmm… that's a bit hard to say. I would probably suggest reporting them since that is a subject that can be a bit too mature for kids. However, it would be the moderator's call on the final decision.

Hi. If you are feeling down, remember you are not good or bad, but both.
joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

efg1210 wrote:

I was actually the one who wanted to talk about them. I don't get why it's too mature.
Periods is something that starts happening during the teenage years, and it does involve blood. That's not really something that's should be on a website for all ages (including little kids).

But if you can come up with a way to talk about it while leaving out (and not implying) the parts that might otherwise be a bit too intense for young kids, then its probably ok.

Last edited by joshuaho (April 29, 2016 20:25:33)

Liv4pink
Scratcher
100+ posts

This REALLY should be stickied
LOOK AT THIS STAFF MEMBERS!!

Hi!I'm liv4pink and LOVE coding.