Discuss Scratch

iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[ATC#3] So you say you're a "hacker"? Prove it!

CodeLegend wrote:

STINGER IS COMING.

Pretty sure InfiniteLoop beats TestBot nearly every time by a good margin…

| My website | Using Geany | A Christian | Running Ubuntu MATE 14.04 with Flash 18.0 (release 0) | Search this with quotation marks on Google to view my posts: “ellipsepostpianolizard” (some posts may not show up) |

Moving on from Scratch? Learn Python/a scripting language (e.g Perl, JavaScript), then move on to a C derivative
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iamunknown2 wrote:

CodeLegend wrote:

STINGER IS COMING.

Yeah. It's sad.

Of course, everything beats all my real bots by an even realer margin - although I'm testing a new one now that might be good enough. :]
i hope

my latest extension: 2d vector math
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

CodeLegend wrote:

STINGER IS COMING.

Yeah. It's sad.

Of course, everything beats all my real bots by an even realer margin - although I'm testing a new one now that might be good enough. :]
i hope
I was talking about the accuracy of the picture

| My website | Using Geany | A Christian | Running Ubuntu MATE 14.04 with Flash 18.0 (release 0) | Search this with quotation marks on Google to view my posts: “ellipsepostpianolizard” (some posts may not show up) |

Moving on from Scratch? Learn Python/a scripting language (e.g Perl, JavaScript), then move on to a C derivative
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iamunknown2 wrote:

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

CodeLegend wrote:

[snip]
Yeah. It's sad.

i hope
I was talking about the accuracy of the picture
Oh

my latest extension: 2d vector math
Znapi
Scratcher
500+ posts

Submission: SPRAYnPRAY
PROTECT EXECUTION_POINTER
SET *@*RANDOM @RANDOM
SET EXECUTION_POINTER 1
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG
TAG

This should be a nice simple bot for you guys to test with. I'll compete with it, because why not, unless it's so horrendously bad that the competition would be better without it.

I need a bit of help with it too. I can do “SET *@*RANDOM @RANDOM”, but not “SET *@*RANDOM @RANDOM%29+4”.
Znapi
Scratcher
500+ posts

MartinBraendli2 wrote:

I could need some sparring partners, since the ones here in the forum don't seam to work (except CopyBot).
Make sure you aren't copying an extra ending return. I found that accidentally copying a blank line 33 make MATU's tool reject it.
joefarebrother
Scratcher
500+ posts

Znapi wrote:

I need a bit of help with it too. I can do “SET *@*RANDOM @RANDOM”, but not “SET *@*RANDOM @RANDOM%29+4”.
Now that parentheses work, I think you'll need to do @(RANDOM%29+4), otherwise it's parsed as (@RANDOM)%29+4

And it was delicious! Play TBGs! Check out my Scheme Interpreter!
;
Turtle1331
Scratcher
22 posts

Are submissions with less than 32 lines of code allowed? If so, how does the execution behave (looping or NOPs)? What happens when a bot tries to overwrite code after the end of the program?

Side note: my submissions should be coming soon…
joefarebrother
Scratcher
500+ posts

Now that ParseValue uses eval, it would be possible to inject arbitrary JS into a bot…

Submission: ObviousCheat
IF (tags.ObviousCheat+=9001) EQUALS 2 2 2
SET EXECUTION_POINTER 1

(This is not a serious submission, do not actually use it)

Last edited by joefarebrother (July 13, 2016 06:13:49)

;
joefarebrother
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ok, so it seems that parentheses don't work with @ or * syntax, so you couldn't do, for example, @(RANDOM%4), which a strategy I was trying to come up with relies on

;
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you treat all tags the same?

For example, could you successfully detect if an opponent's line had a tag inside like this:
IF *@1 EQUALS @2 3 4
tag
Or would you have to specify the name of each bot like this:
IF *@1 EQUALS @2 3 4
tag (bot name here)
?

kvackkvack
Scratcher
500+ posts

If I copy the tag of an “opponent” where at least one of their tags has just been set to mine, can I now copy their other tags without giving them free points?
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kvackkvack wrote:

If I copy the tag of an “opponent” where at least one of their tags has just been set to mine, can I now copy their other tags without giving them free points?
I don't think you can.

Also, you gave me an idea…

Last edited by iamunknown2 (July 13, 2016 08:11:44)

kvackkvack
Scratcher
500+ posts

iamunknown2 wrote:

kvackkvack wrote:

I don't think you can.

I think we have the same idea, then.
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kvackkvack wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

kvackkvack wrote:

I don't think you can.

Basically like a vaccine

kvackkvack
Scratcher
500+ posts

iamunknown2 wrote:

kvackkvack wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

kvackkvack wrote:

I don't think you can.

Basically like a vaccine
Ooh, that's actually not what I was planning to do. Now I'm excited to see how you'll pull it off, as I can't see a way to get the individual parts of a specific line. Maybe you're not thinking of anything like that though.
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kvackkvack wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

kvackkvack wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

kvackkvack wrote:

I don't think you can.

Basically like a vaccine
Ooh, that's actually not what I was planning to do. Now I'm excited to see how you'll pull it off, as I can't see a way to get the individual parts of a specific line. Maybe you're not thinking of anything like that though.
I have a pretty good bot already, but I'll give you what I was thinking:
First, bait a bot into tagging you.
There's a few lines/line, depending on how thorough you want to be of code which can immobilize a player. Hint: Plant a piece of code in your opponent that does something along the lines of this:
SET EXECUTION_POINTER 1 // Line 1
Once you've “paralyzed” the bot, you search for a tag until you get a match. Then, replace all their tags with your tags. This means that if you catch a bot with sophisticated AI, you'll be able to use that sophisticated AI to do the tagging for you!

kvackkvack
Scratcher
500+ posts

iamunknown2 wrote:

kvackkvack wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

kvackkvack wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

kvackkvack wrote:

I don't think you can.

Basically like a vaccine
I have a pretty good bot already, but I'll give you what I was thinking:
First, bait a bot into tagging you.
There's a few lines/line, depending on how thorough you want to be of code which can immobilize a player. Hint: Plant a piece of code in your opponent that does something along the lines of this:
SET EXECUTION_POINTER 1 // Line 1
Once you've “paralyzed” the bot, you search for a tag until you get a match. Then, replace all their tags with your tags. This means that if you catch a bot with sophisticated AI, you'll be able to use that sophisticated AI to do the tagging for you!
Oh, right. I knew about the paralyzing already, I'm using it in the bot I'm making right now. I was thinking vaccine more like learning from what the bot does to change your own code to prevent getting paralyzed/hacked by that type of bot, but that would obviously be way too complex for this challenge.
IcyCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

can u add my bot to the tests?

Because JS is the future (echos) future future futur futu fut fu f
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Now that it looks like the editor actually works I'll have to try this!

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~