Discuss Scratch

iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[ATC#3] So you say you're a "hacker"? Prove it!

CodeLegend wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

Have you tried testing out my new revision 6, anyone? As I've said, I changed it to something else…
I've been including it in my tests, but it hasn't fared well
Screenshots please?

| My website | Using Geany | A Christian | Running Ubuntu MATE 14.04 with Flash 18.0 (release 0) | Search this with quotation marks on Google to view my posts: “ellipsepostpianolizard” (some posts may not show up) |

Moving on from Scratch? Learn Python/a scripting language (e.g Perl, JavaScript), then move on to a C derivative
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Whoops

I just realized I had a huge error in detecting enemy bots (thanks to @TheMonsterOfTheDeep)
The issue was that it would detect bots on the wrong axis (so if direction was up or down, it would search left or right)

It's fixed now, but it may affect scores

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So I made a test bot:

SET DIRECTION RANDOM
MOVE
TAG
SET EXECUTION_POINTER 1

It gains no points against another bot I wrote. It doesn't even appear to be tagging anything. I've checked that it's moving near people and can tag, but I ran a full match and nothing gained any points.

I then did this to make sure it wasn't a problem with direction:
SET DIRECTION RANDOM
MOVE
TAG
SET EXECUTION_POINTER 2
Still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tymewalk wrote:

So I made a test bot:

SET DIRECTION RANDOM
MOVE
TAG
SET EXECUTION_POINTER 1

It gains no points against another bot I wrote. It doesn't even appear to be tagging anything. I've checked that it's moving near people and can tag, but I ran a full match and nothing gained any points.

I then did this to make sure it wasn't a problem with direction:
SET DIRECTION RANDOM
MOVE
TAG
SET EXECUTION_POINTER 2
Still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?
Yeah - in order to tag a bot you need to use
SET *@(something) @(my line with tag)

my latest extension: 2d vector math
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nope

Last edited by TheMonsterOfTheDeep (July 15, 2016 23:52:31)

TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Welp, Snipar now loses to STINGER a lot. Oh well.

MartinBraendli2
Scratcher
100+ posts

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Whoops

I just realized I had a huge error in detecting enemy bots (thanks to @TheMonsterOfTheDeep)
The issue was that it would detect bots on the wrong axis (so if direction was up or down, it would search left or right)

Hmm. Now everyone is super peaceful, not a single attack/point. Am I missing something?

Random-Man
Scratcher
48 posts

I was thinking of joining in on the brawl with a bot, but… well… none of the bots seem to be doing anything, except to slowly move around randomly… eventually chrome crashed when I added a 10th submission.
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just saying, I haven't scored a single point against anyone with either WonkThePlank or OverWriter. What's the point of the tag code if it doesn't work properly?
CodeLegend
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tymewalk wrote:

MartinBraendli2 wrote:

Hmm. Now everyone is super peaceful, not a single attack/point. Am I missing something?

Random-Man wrote:

I was thinking of joining in on the brawl with a bot, but… well… none of the bots seem to be doing anything, except to slowly move around randomly… eventually chrome crashed when I added a 10th submission.

goldfish678 wrote:

Just saying, I haven't scored a single point against anyone with either WonkThePlank or OverWriter. What's the point of the tag code if it doesn't work properly?
Something might be wrong with the controller
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MartinBraendli2 wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

Whoops

Yep, there was another bug where the bots found themselves as targets. That's fixed
http://image.prntscr.com/image/4b7909d012814b7fbcddedec56a8d842.png

Last edited by MegaApuTurkUltra (July 15, 2016 13:44:34)

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
MartinBraendli2
Scratcher
100+ posts

@MATU
Any words on the mode of the tournament?

goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I just did a few test runs with WonkThePlank and OverWriter. They're definitely tagging each other, I can see it happening, but neither of them are getting any points. Meanwhile, when I put something like stinger or copybot into it, they get points no problem. Is this like biased towards better coded bots or something?

EDIT: Also, with WonkThePlank and OverWriter, the point counter disappears when the game starts or it just doesn't show up at all when I import them. However, this never happens with other bots.

Last edited by goldfish678 (July 15, 2016 16:32:05)

CodeLegend
Scratcher
500+ posts

goldfish678 wrote:

I just did a few test runs with WonkThePlank and OverWriter. They're definitely tagging each other, I can see it happening, but neither of them are getting any points. Meanwhile, when I put something like stinger or copybot into it, they get points no problem. Is this like biased towards better coded bots or something?
Looking at both of those bots, neither have any means of transmitting their TAG…

goldfish678 wrote:

EDIT: Also, with WonkThePlank and OverWriter, the point counter disappears when the game starts or it just doesn't show up at all when I import them. However, this never happens with other bots.
Importing bots before running makes them not have a score counter until a score is gained. Importing after running starts them off with 0 score.
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CodeLegend wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

Looking at both of those bots, neither have any means of transmitting their TAG…
Why would you want to transmit a TAG? That would just give the other person more of a chance to tag you, right? How does tag work and why is it so complicated?

Edit: Oh, and I tested it with WonkThePlank, OverWriter, Catch me if you can, and Project Whatever, and Project Whatever won 3-0-0-0.

Last edited by goldfish678 (July 15, 2016 16:37:32)

CodeLegend
Scratcher
500+ posts

goldfish678 wrote:

Revision 2
PROTECT @3
SET DIRECTION RANDOM
MOVE
IF *@2 EQUALS @15 1 1
IF *@2 EQUALS @17 1 1
SET EXECUTION_POINTER 1
TAG
In English:
Protect my third line. (MOVE)
Point in a random direction.
Move forward.
If my opponent's second line equals my fifteenth line (which doesn't exist), run line 1, otherwise run line 1. (what actually happens - Run line 1 if I'm facing an opponent.)
If my opponent's second line equals my seventeenth line (which doesn't exist), run line 1, otherwise run line 1. (what actually happens - Run line 1 if I'm facing an opponent.)
Go back to the first line.
TAG (never transmitted)
MartinBraendli2
Scratcher
100+ posts

goldfish678 wrote:

Why would you want to transmit a TAG? That would just give the other person more of a chance to tag you, right? How does tag work and why is it so complicated?

The whole game is about leaving your tag on the enemies. That's how you score. It wont help the enemy, if they have your tag. In the best case, they even tag other enemies with YOUR tag, which give you points.

CodeLegend
Scratcher
500+ posts

goldfish678 wrote:

How does tag work and why is it so complicated?
TAG doesn't actually do anything at all. Your score is simply determined by how many of your TAGs are in other bots.

EDIT: ninja'd

Last edited by CodeLegend (July 15, 2016 16:42:15)

goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alright
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YES! Out of luck probably, Revision 3 of WonkThePlank beat CopyBot.

EDIT: Beat it again 174-86

Tried it a few more times. Most of the time CopyBot won, but I managed to win 155-81 on one of them

Last edited by goldfish678 (July 15, 2016 16:55:20)