Discuss Scratch

Bloplol07
Scratcher
12 posts

Please Change the new search feature!!!!

Jackzack wrote:

XD guyz I made this like 5 months ago! Wow, i can't belive its still getting posts
The new search engine is that old?
Jackzack
Scratcher
100+ posts

XD idk

“Don't be a nobody, take credit for what you do” -Anonymous
BigglesBooks
Scratcher
98 posts

I don't mind the new search engine too much. I had started a forum about adding something to the new search engine and the forum was labeled as a “duplicate” of this one and closed.
I guess I'll just say what I had to say on here instead.

when green flag clicked
forever
set [Brain Power v] to [Infinity]
broadcast [I'm Coding Now v]
wait (0) secs
Code!
end
GlitChyPanTz
Scratcher
26 posts

Support✌☠
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It turns out, this is actually being worked on. The search engine is still a work-in-progress, but I hear it's going to be better than the old one.
The one we have right now is simply a placeholder.

-Animqtion-
Scratcher
1 post

When the old search engine was still around, I think it would scan for keywords in the description as well as the tags and title. As of now, and I have tested this, many projects will not be pulled up unless you search the exact authors name or the project title.
Breck-
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Animqtion- wrote:

When the old search engine was still around, I think it would scan for keywords in the description as well as the tags and title. As of now, and I have tested this, many projects will not be pulled up unless you search the exact authors name or the project title.
Don't necropost. Check the date

EDIT: NEVER MIND THIS IS NOT NECRO-POSTING

Last edited by Breck- (May 9, 2017 23:16:11)

Recent Projects:
Bloplol07
Scratcher
12 posts

Breck- wrote:

-Animqtion- wrote:

Don't necropost. Check the date
I think it may still be relevant, they said something useful.
Jackzack
Scratcher
100+ posts

Wow after all this time… still more posts

I'm gonna keep it up and see if it's going to be posted on more

“Don't be a nobody, take credit for what you do” -Anonymous
pig9992005
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tbh, I don't really mind. I like both search engines.

HELLO PEOPLE!

I'm Pig! :)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, but I do think that Scratch 3.0 might actually fix this, however I still support so there's more support into getting this changed.

7500+ posts (19th)
VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jackzack wrote:

Oh my goodness guys.
New new searching feature is horrable!

Please scratch save us, save us!

Ok, I'm trying to search for a discussion that I can't find in the discussion fourm, but the annoying new feature directs me to the Explore page!!!!
If want a Mario project, it gives me projects that aren't even close to relavant because the other ones don't have that tag!!!
GET RID OF THE NEW VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(or at least change it)
Support or no support?
+1

Yes I agree. Before they changed it, you could search up followers, forums, and more, and now it's limited to just projects and studios. It would be nice if it was back to before!

Support

Jackzack wrote:

Wow after all this time… still more posts

Yup

Last edited by VideoGamerCanInvent (May 13, 2017 17:08:44)

woah, haven't been on here in a while
Wetbikeboy2500
Scratcher
100+ posts

VideoGamerCanInvent wrote:

Yes I agree. Before they changed it, you could search up followers, forums, and more, and now it's limited to just projects and studios. It would be nice if it was back to before!

If you want a search engine like that for scratch you can go here. I actually made this awhile ago but kinda got overlooked.

Scratch Made In JavaScript: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/171842
Scratch Browser: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/285957/
SB2Downloader: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/295425/
Multiple work stations: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/122484/
New Blocks for Displaying Text: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/171508
Sprite Folders: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/171569/
Find code easier: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/144748/
A Support Button or No support Button: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/181154/
I want Scratch grow and become a better place for everyone to come and use. So Scratch needs to expand and have more options for everyone.Scratch needs to break the boundaries and not be trapped by what is familiar to Scratch community
Digital_Gaming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wetbikeboy2500 wrote:

If you want a search engine like that for scratch you can go here. I actually made this awhile ago but kinda got overlooked.

You should try to let more people know about it. This is very useful.

If you want to join the most creative studio on Scratch than ask to join Scratch Underground If you want to join Scratches Premium studio than ask to join Scratch Deluxe I hope you ask to join one of those and have a nice day. Check out my Official fan club!Click here if you want to check out my amazing projects DIGITAL GAMING SCRATCH AWARDS 2017
CHECK OUT THE OFFCIAL TOPICS FOR FORZA, HALO , CALL OF DUTY, BATTLEFEILD 1,THE CREW,DESTINY, RESIDENT EVIL,SONIC BOOM, PIXAR AND SUPER MARIO RUN
SCRATCH SUPERGUIDE
OFFICIAL TOPIC FOR TALKING ABOUT SHIPS
Gabriel2900
Scratcher
100+ posts

Oh my goodness guys.
New new searching feature is horrable!

Please scratch save us, save us!

Ok, I'm trying to search for a discussion that I can't find in the discussion fourm, but the annoying new feature directs me to the Explore page!!!!
If want a Mario project, it gives me projects that aren't even close to relavant because the other ones don't have that tag!!!
GET RID OF THE NEW VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(or at least change it)
Support or no support?
no support
Bloplol07
Scratcher
12 posts

Wetbikeboy2500 wrote:

Thank you for this

s-zhangcha
Scratcher
100+ posts

I know this is necroposting:

You can search the following query in Google.com Search to get old results:

site:scratch.mit.edu

Unfortunately, the rest of this signature is blocked by your internet service provider. Upgrade to continue.

. .
……………

Check my profile out here.!
apple502j
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. However, no support for using Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, or anything that are not made by Scratch.

The reason it changed at that time is said to be “Great Firewall”.

署名は、ディスカッションフォーラムの機能である。署名は、その人のすべての投稿の下部に追加される。署名は、BBCodeで記述できる。 署名を追加/変更/削除したい場合は、ディスカッションフォーラムのホームの一番下に行き、「Change your signature」を押す。署名の大きさは150pxまでである。これには、改行、画像を含む。- Japanese Scratch-Wiki 「署名