Discuss Scratch

Yanderan
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

So in ANY user's profile page (with the users he / she's following, studios curating, etc) there would be a new tab called “Discussions I'm following”.

This is Zach. He protects me from the MAD KUMQUATS!!!

:)::motion

And this is Emily. She also protects me from kumquats.

:D::sound
Mmaarten
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

would it be visible for other people or just for the user only?

Mmaarten,
A scratcher that loves helping people.
The stickies are made for a reason, read them before posting ;)
If I do not respond to a message you posted on a forum page, I probably forgot to follow the discussion. Do not be afraid to tell me here that I should come over .
OpenWood
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

That's a cool idea, however I think there should be a way to toggle if some people don't want it to be shown.

-OpenWood

Moved To NamelessNinja
Don't Click Me
-Illuminated-
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

Mmaarten wrote:

would it be visible for other people or just for the user only?
Also, why would anyone else need to see what topics you're following?



“Creativity is intelligence having fun.”
-Albert Einstein
Yanderan
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

Yes, it would be visible to ALL users, not just yourself or whoever's following those discussions. And on the left- hand side of the text for the new tab, there would be a check box with the text: “Invisible” above it.

This is Zach. He protects me from the MAD KUMQUATS!!!

:)::motion

And this is Emily. She also protects me from kumquats.

:D::sound
Yanderan
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

I'm a noob on Scratch when it comes to posting

This is Zach. He protects me from the MAD KUMQUATS!!!

:)::motion

And this is Emily. She also protects me from kumquats.

:D::sound
Mmaarten
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

Yanderan wrote:

I'm a noob on Scratch when it comes to posting
How can you be a noob if you have 100+ posts?

Mmaarten,
A scratcher that loves helping people.
The stickies are made for a reason, read them before posting ;)
If I do not respond to a message you posted on a forum page, I probably forgot to follow the discussion. Do not be afraid to tell me here that I should come over .
Yanderan
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

I mean almost none of my suggestions EVER get support, that's why. I wish I was better at posting good suggestions.

Last edited by Yanderan (June 26, 2016 20:43:25)


This is Zach. He protects me from the MAD KUMQUATS!!!

:)::motion

And this is Emily. She also protects me from kumquats.

:D::sound
Mmaarten
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

Yanderan wrote:

I mean almost none of my suggestions EVER get support, that's why. I wish I was better at posting good suggestions.
It is not because we do not support your suggestions, that they are bad suggestions. We just not feel like some of your suggestions are really needed.
I bet one day, you will suggest something that will blow us away and we will all HAVE TO support it

Mmaarten,
A scratcher that loves helping people.
The stickies are made for a reason, read them before posting ;)
If I do not respond to a message you posted on a forum page, I probably forgot to follow the discussion. Do not be afraid to tell me here that I should come over .
Yanderan
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

*turns quickly and stares at Mmaarten, looking shocked and angry* Did you say that my suggestions were BAD?!

This is Zach. He protects me from the MAD KUMQUATS!!!

:)::motion

And this is Emily. She also protects me from kumquats.

:D::sound
-Illuminated-
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

Yanderan wrote:

*turns quickly and stares at Mmaarten, looking shocked and angry* Did you say that my suggestions were BAD?!
I think what Mmaarten was saying is that not everyone feels as if the suggestion is necessary to add to Scratch. Not that it's a bad idea, it's because it is probably either work-a-roundable, Scratch is not ready for it, or it is just unneeded for Scratch.



“Creativity is intelligence having fun.”
-Albert Einstein
Yanderan
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

*three deep breaths* All right, I'll do my best. You know what though, somebody posted: “New types of custom blocks” or something like that and I support it!

This is Zach. He protects me from the MAD KUMQUATS!!!

:)::motion

And this is Emily. She also protects me from kumquats.

:D::sound
Yanderan
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

Oh and, I just wanted to know, how do you put the stuff like “Yanderan wrote:” tabs?

This is Zach. He protects me from the MAD KUMQUATS!!!

:)::motion

And this is Emily. She also protects me from kumquats.

:D::sound
-Illuminated-
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

Yanderan wrote:

Oh and, I just wanted to know, how do you put the stuff like “Yanderan wrote:” tabs?
Click the Quote button in the bottom right corner of the post.



“Creativity is intelligence having fun.”
-Albert Einstein
Yanderan
Scratcher
100+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

Got it.

This is Zach. He protects me from the MAD KUMQUATS!!!

:)::motion

And this is Emily. She also protects me from kumquats.

:D::sound
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

This rather intrigues me. I think it's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how it would be useful.

Sigton


bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

This is a really cool idea!
It would be cool to see what topics people are interested in!
I support it if it's optional to show it on your profile since not all people want to show it.

-Illuminated- wrote:

Also, why would anyone else need to see what topics you're following?
To see what topics you are interested in, like the Favorites section!

Yanderan wrote:

I mean almost none of my suggestions EVER get support, that's why. I wish I was better at posting good suggestions.
I think this is a really good suggestion.

Sigton wrote:

This rather intrigues me. I think it's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how it would be useful.

Sigton
I think it would be useful in seeing what topics people are interested in.

Thanks for reading,
bigpuppy

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.”
- Helen Keller
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
- Maya Angelou
- thanks to brainyquote.com for the quotes -


Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

Support, but only if it's visible to only yourself.

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

Lythium wrote:

Support, but only if it's visible to only yourself.



On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, different things that look alike
On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, many many things that look alike





Click the image for something special!

Wanna collab on something Sonic?
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"Discussions I'm following"

I only support for user only visibility because I honestly don't need people to know which topics I follow.

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile