Discuss Scratch

deusthegamer
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild *Spoiler Warning*

Alright, I just got to the Wasteland Tower. I'm currently trying to complete as many Shrines as possible so I can get thirteen hearts so I can get the Master Sword.

coolskeleton95 says:
people say netflix and chill so i'm watching netflix in the snow.
THEGREATPAPYRUS says:
SANS! SO THAT'S WHERE THE TV WENT!!!
strongfish91 says:
I don't get it…
novice27b
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well, now I've completed the game I have no idea what to do…

I guess I can try to max out all my armour.

i use arch btw
Metakat_the_Undying
Scratcher
100+ posts

novice27b wrote:

Well, now I've completed the game I have no idea what to do…

I guess I can try to max out all my armour.

Or you could just spend more time dating the sharks

Bird is the word, my dudes.
Moonflight_358
Scratcher
54 posts

People have been using this specific game to lick-test the Switch's new child/pet proof cartridges like a bunch of idiots.

So, you say I can't ship my OC with a canon character? Well, Pixie and her never-aging Trainer think differently!

KlonanoRook
Scratcher
100+ posts

Moonflight_358 wrote:

People have been using this specific game to lick-test the Switch's new child/pet proof cartridges like a bunch of idiots.

natural selection

kumquats is an overused joke

Metakat_the_Undying
Scratcher
100+ posts

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN SURF ON SHARK HUSBANDOO?

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So, I got the game a few days ago, and have already freed Divine Beast Vah Medoh, killed tons of Guardians around Hyrule Castle, and have gone to each of the Divine Beast locations. I've completed tons of shrines and have 9 hearts and 2 1/5 stamina bars. I might trade in a bit of stamina to get the Master Sword, though, at Hateno. I've been playing too much.

Anyway, so far I've figured out that my favourite character so far is probably Princess Zelda. I don't know, she just seems to have the most character development out of anyone so far. Either that, or Revali. Either work.

Any strategies for farming Guardians? I've been using the cheap strategy of sitting behind a rock and repeatedly hitting it in the eye with an arrow until it dies. I just want more Ancient Arrows.

Also, I have gone to the top of every tower except for RidgelandTower (man that place is deadly, I've only gotten close enough to get it on my map). Any strategies for getting on top of that place? I'm thinking of buying millions of Arrows from Beedle or simply farming them from some Bokoblins.

Any tips on getting the Shock Arrows from the Lynel at the top of the mountain near Zora's Domain? I tried going up there, but alas Link ended up meeting his demise up there. That thing's pretty deadly. However, I feel as though I've gained enough overpowered weapons from around Hyrule Castle that I may be able to give it a go, and even kill it. Thoughts?

My favourite location so far has got to be the area around Akkala… It's so empty, but there's something I like about that emptiness. (Beat the Hinox there, it was so easy, lol.) I'm thinking of beating the Zora Divine Beast next. The Gerudo one… Let's just say I was stopped at the Yiga Clan Hideout by that one sword user. I got so far on my first try, but consecutive attempts haven't done much. So, I ran in there, stole a bunch of rupees and Mighty Bananas, and ran away. I might try that next, thinking about it. The Goron one is too hard to get to, I don't have the heat resistance to survive there.

Last edited by WolfCat67 (May 30, 2017 00:02:31)

mario91100_TEST
Scratcher
100+ posts

WolfCat67 wrote:

So, I got the game a few days ago, and have already freed Divine Beast Vah Medoh, killed tons of Guardians around Hyrule Castle, and have gone to each of the Divine Beast locations. I've completed tons of shrines and have 9 hearts and 2 1/5 stamina bars. I might trade in a bit of stamina to get the Master Sword, though, at Hateno. I've been playing too much.

Anyway, so far I've figured out that my favourite character so far is probably Princess Zelda. I don't know, she just seems to have the most character development out of anyone so far. Either that, or Revali. Either work.

Any strategies for farming Guardians? I've been using the cheap strategy of sitting behind a rock and repeatedly hitting it in the eye with an arrow until it dies. I just want more Ancient Arrows.

Also, I have gone to the top of every tower except for Highland Tower (man that place is deadly, I've only gotten close enough to get it on my map). Any strategies for getting on top of that place? I'm thinking of buying millions of Arrows from Beedle or simply farming them from some Bokoblins.

Any tips on getting the Shock Arrows from the Lynel at the top of the mountain near Zora's Domain? I tried going up there, but alas Link ended up meeting his demise up there. That thing's pretty deadly. However, I feel as though I've gained enough overpowered weapons from around Hyrule Castle that I may be able to give it a go, and even kill it. Thoughts?

My favourite location so far has got to be the area around Akkala… It's so empty, but there's something I like about that emptiness. (Beat the Hinox there, it was so easy, lol.) I'm thinking of beating the Zora Divine Beast next. The Gerudo one… Let's just say I was stopped at the Yiga Clan Hideout by that one sword user. I got so far on my first try, but consecutive attempts haven't done much. So, I ran in there, stole a bunch of rupees and Mighty Bananas, and ran away. I might try that next, thinking about it. The Goron one is too hard to get to, I don't have the heat resistance to survive there.
I made sure to get the Master Sword as soon as I knew where it was. Get it as early as possible; it'll make killing Guardian Stalkers and Blight Ganons much easier.

Highland Tower? Are you talking about the one in the Akkala region? If so, yeah, that one's pretty tough. One of the eyeball creatures is holding up a metal slab that'll allow you to get closer, but it's not too easy to find it; I gut up there so long ago that I forget the specifics. You will have to climb through some Malice Goo on your way up, so make sure you have either a Hearty dish or other healing items so you can make the climb. Be sure to bring some sort of Enduring item, too, in case you start to run out of stamina; Energizing items have nothing on those.

Wear the Stealth outfit for best results, and keep a close eye on the Lynel; it's far smarter than any other enemy in the game. As for fighting it, I dunno. I managed to survive for a bit fighting it at the beginning of the game before promptly getting one-shotted. You should be able to do it if you've gotten better equipment, but no promises; it will take a few tries to get it's attacks down, make sure you know how to Flurry Rush (dodge an attack right before it hits you) and Perfect Guard (swing your shield right when something is about to hit you; even deflects Guardian lasers!) before you try it.

The Yiga Clan Hideout is pretty tough, I needed a walkthrough to do it, not even kind of straightforward. I'm guessing you already know how to bait the guards (their reaction is hilarious), and you can actually defeat them (don't try it though, they can one-shot you and bypass Mipha's Grace and any Fairies on hand). The boss at the end is stupidly easy, you won't need any walkthroughs. Hold off doing it, though; the Yiga Clan will start attacking you at random afterwards, but you get a sweet sword (a Windcleaver) after doing it and defeating a Blademaster.

Also, Goron City requires you to be light on your feet. You can get some Flameproof Potions beforehand, and you'll need them. Once you get there, sell all of your gemstones so you can buy the Flamebreaker armor (it's something like 3,000 Rupees total?) and you won't really need Flameproof Potions anymore. Don't even try using the Flamebreaker armor in the desert, though; it doesn't make sense that it won't work, considering that it works just fine in a volcano where the Shekiah Slate doesn't even know the temperature.

For farming Guardians, start by getting Ancient Arrows from Robbie, and the Ancient Bow. Hide behind rocks and shoot them in their eyes, which will defeat them instantly, and drop the parts required to build more Ancient Arrows. Lather, rinse, repeat. Not that I'm good enough to do that, though.

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
Basically dead.

Metamo Ark Wiki; http://metamo-ark.wikia.com/wiki/Metamo_Ark_Wikia
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mario91100_TEST wrote:

Highland Tower? Are you talking about the one in the Akkala region? If so, yeah, that one's pretty tough. One of the eyeball creatures is holding up a metal slab that'll allow you to get closer, but it's not too easy to find it; I gut up there so long ago that I forget the specifics. You will have to climb through some Malice Goo on your way up, so make sure you have either a Hearty dish or other healing items so you can make the climb. Be sure to bring some sort of Enduring item, too, in case you start to run out of stamina; Energizing items have nothing on those.
Oops, wrong one. I meant the Ridgeland Tower. I've already gone to the one in Akkala. The one I'm talking about has a huge pool around it with all the electric wizards and lizalfos. I'm thinking of just storming it with arrows.

About what you said about Guardians, I've already been farming it extensively. I'm heading to the Lost Woods soon, even if I can't get the Master Sword yet (I only have 10 hearts, shouldn't have wasted all my Spirit Orbs on 2 1/5 Stamina Bars).

Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

WolfCat67 wrote:

Also, I have gone to the top of every tower except for Ridgeland Tower (man that place is deadly, I've only gotten close enough to get it on my map). Any strategies for getting on top of that place? I'm thinking of buying millions of Arrows from Beedle or simply farming them from some Bokoblins.

For farming guardians, just stock up on two handed weapons, and shoot them in the eye to stun them, and then just run up and use the charged attack with a two handed weapon (Preferably with a food giving a level 3 attack up) or after you get the Master Sword and spam swings on it (the Master Sword deals double damage to guardians) As for Guardian Stalkers cutting off their legs stuns them.

As for Ridgeland Tower, use cryonis to get over to the tower, and use ice arrows and then fire arrows to do massive damage to everything. As for getting up use Revali's Gale if the Wizzrobes give you too much trouble

Since you've already been to Gerudo Town, just buy all the shock arrows from there, and you won't have to fight the Lynel

For the Yiga Clan Hideout, just get a triple shot (or even x5 shot) bow and a ton of bomb arrows, get them all after you, evade their attacks, while spamming bomb arrows at them (i did it like that and got through on my second try)

At Foothill Stable you can buy fireproof elixers , and then buy the flamebreaker armor in Goron City.

Last edited by Greenduck54 (May 29, 2017 19:33:02)

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I meant Ridgeland Tower! Why do people think “Highland Tower” is immediately “Akkala Tower”? It makes no sense, “Ridgeland” fits a bit more. I just forgot the name while writing it out. I just am going to bomb it with arrows.

Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

WolfCat67 wrote:

I meant Ridgeland Tower! Why do people think “Highland Tower” is immediately “Akkala Tower”? It makes no sense, “Ridgeland” fits a bit more. I just forgot the name while writing it out. I just am going to bomb it with arrows.
I assumed Akkala because you said it was really deadly, and Akkala Tower is the deadliest tower
plus I edited my post

Last edited by Greenduck54 (May 29, 2017 19:35:41)

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Greenduck54 wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

I assumed Akkala because you said it was really deadly, and Akkala Tower is the deadliest tower
plus I edited my post
Nope, I found Akkala quite easy to be honest. I just climbed up the ruins a little bit and just paraglided in, only lost half a heart to the malice and that's it.
Thanks for the tips on Ridgeland Tower, didn't even think about using Cryonis (I only seem to use my runes in the shrines, should probably stop doing that).

mario91100_TEST
Scratcher
100+ posts

Just had a bit of a funny moment with a Guardian Skywatcher.

I was walking along the wall of a pathway trying to stay out of sight of some other Skywatchers, and I was doing just fine up until this one. About 2/3rds of the way through the final stretch, *BONGbumbumbumbum*.

Yep, it saw me. At this point, there was no way I would survive; I only had one or two Ancient Arrows, and Skywatchers are incredibly mobile.

So, taking fate in hand, I pull out my (breaking) Duplex Bow, focus on it's eye, and actually score a direct hit.

Right after getting hit, and being stunned for a bit, it looked back at me, music stopping, and seemed to be genuinely confused. Like if it didn't expect that to happen.

It promptly went back to minding its own business, patrolling the area, as if nothing happened.

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
Basically dead.

Metakat_the_Undying
Scratcher
100+ posts

mario91100_TEST wrote:

Just had a bit of a funny moment with a Guardian Skywatcher.

I was walking along the wall of a pathway trying to stay out of sight of some other Skywatchers, and I was doing just fine up until this one. About 2/3rds of the way through the final stretch, *BONGbumbumbumbum*.

Yep, it saw me. At this point, there was no way I would survive; I only had one or two Ancient Arrows, and Skywatchers are incredibly mobile.

So, taking fate in hand, I pull out my (breaking) Duplex Bow, focus on it's eye, and actually score a direct hit.

Right after getting hit, and being stunned for a bit, it looked back at me, music stopping, and seemed to be genuinely confused. Like if it didn't expect that to happen.

It promptly went back to minding its own business, patrolling the area, as if nothing happened.
You know, that would go well with Spongebob music.

mario91100_TEST
Scratcher
100+ posts

Metakat_the_Undying wrote:

It's dangerous to go alone. Take some SpongeBob music to go with your fails. So you can feel slightly better when you fall off a cliff.
I was thinking of that exact song when you mentioned that my post would go good with Spongebob music.

Basically dead.

Metakat_the_Undying
Scratcher
100+ posts

mario91100_TEST wrote:

Metakat_the_Undying wrote:

It's dangerous to go alone. Take some SpongeBob music to go with your fails. So you can feel slightly better when you fall off a cliff.
I was thinking of that exact song when you mentioned that my post would go good with Spongebob music.
And now everyone can have some!

Bleple
Scratcher
13 posts

Who else has tried riding a Guardian?

WHO ELSE IS HYPED FOR SCRATCH 3!
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OK, I've finally finished filling out the whole map, and went to the Lost Woods and found the Master Sword. (Man, those Koroks in front of the Deku Tree are funny.) I went to the shrine there and created a teleport gate, then left to go, um, “tamper with my essence”. I came back and pulled it out. Not too difficult at all. I'm planning on completing a lot more shrines, though; I haven't completed too much, at the moment I'm mostly just finding them and entering, only to see a puzzle I don't understand. I don't even attempt to try it unless it looks easy, so then I just leave. Not the best mindset to be honest.

On another note, I defeated Waterblight Ganon after two attempts. You might be thinking, “but he's so easy, how'd you lose once?”, but in actuality I didn't lose; I left because I knew it was an impossible fight. Why? I had no arrows except the 15 or so Shock Arrows I had remaining after the initial storming of the Divine Beast, and when I ran out it was just after the water level had raised. Of course I was going to fail that battle. The second time, though, I only took three hits and beat it easily. Now I have Mipha's Grace!

I'm thinking of doing the Divine Beast Vah Rudania next; just seems like it won't be too difficult. I just need to get used to Fire-Breath Lizalfos.