Discuss Scratch

NanoRook
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shout Blocks

cs377310 wrote:

What is “prevent more fights”? It's still a valid sugestion.

It's not a valid suggestion as it already exists, and you were giving no reason as to why this wasn't different from broadcasts.

I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!! JOIN THE PURPLE COALITION TODAY IF YOU ALSO LOVE BEING PURPLE. PURPLE IS THE NEW BLUE! PURPLE IS THE SUPERIOR NAVBAR COLOR! YYYEAAHHHHH BABY!!!!

DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shout Blocks

cs377310 wrote:

What is “prevent more fights”? It's still a valid sugestion.
Actually, I take that back.

Still, is there any way you could mention the differences and how users could benefit by using these set of shout blocks?

Last edited by DownsGameClub (June 9, 2016 02:23:40)

–DGC
Scratcher since Aug. 2015 +++ Fire Alarm Enthusiast +++ College student studying fire protection engineering
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shout Blocks

cs377310 wrote:

bigpuppy
What about this is different than broadcasts? No support.
Broadcasts and shouts are the same.
If broadcasts and “shouts” are the same, then “shouts” can't be easier to use than broadcast.

My question is how will these blocks open up new possibilities in Scratch projects?

Last edited by Sheep_maker (June 9, 2016 04:02:38)

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shout Blocks

No support. Completely identical to broadcast blocks this rendering them completely useless, and the “original” blocks all have easy workarounds.

Sigton

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Shout Blocks

Perhaps the suggestion boils down to “change ‘Broadcast Message’ to ‘Shout’ - which is easier to say”? It's a good idea - but it sounds a little to close to the “Say” block, which has nothing to do with inter-sprite communication.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;