Discuss Scratch

Chibi-Matoran
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

irene-is-back wrote:

o hi guys
Hi! Are you excited for Scratch 3.0?

If you see this signature while scrolling, you have been visited by ʎ++ haskal. Lazy evaluation, monads, function purity, lambdas, currying, partial application, algebraic data types, pattern matching, and typeclasses will come to you, but only if you comment, “Thanks, ʎ++ haskal” on my profile.

Cassian && ||
IcyCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

This got lost in a sea of comments: https://github.com/LLK/scratch-render sadly it has not been worked on in a while

Because JS is the future (echos) future future futur futu fut fu f
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Not sure if this is news, but all the graphic effects are working in the VM.

Edit: The effects seem to be identical to 2.0 for the most part, although things get a bit different with extreme values (try comparing mosaic effect of 1500 between 2.0 and the Scratch 3 VM).

Last edited by PullJosh (Aug. 27, 2016 00:19:01)


Base 10 is the best number system.
comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

PullJosh wrote:

Not sure if this is news, but all the graphic effects are working in the VM.

Edit: The effects seem to be identical to 2.0 for the most part, although things get a bit different with extreme values (try comparing mosaic effect of 1500 between 2.0 and the Scratch 3 VM).




Visit the website of Andrew Sun!


The_Amaru
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

comp09 wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

Not sure if this is news, but all the graphic effects are working in the VM.

Edit: The effects seem to be identical to 2.0 for the most part, although things get a bit different with extreme values (try comparing mosaic effect of 1500 between 2.0 and the Scratch 3 VM).

x 2


HOW DO I MAKE A SIGNATURE?!?!

AND PLS FOLOW ME I DO F4F!!11!

THIS IS WROTED BY NOOB SPIRIT!!!
-SuperScratch-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Try commenting on the blocks

Y R U READING THIS POST???!!!
ITS MADE BY -SUPERSCRATCH-!
(That took forever tho)
I like gummy bears
IcyCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

-SuperScratch- wrote:

Try commenting on the blocks
I like the comments

Because JS is the future (echos) future future futur futu fut fu f
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

-SuperScratch- wrote:

Try commenting on the blocks
Those comments look awesome! I've never much liked the comments in Scratch (they've always been a bit finicky), but these seem great! Although it doesn't appear to be possible to add a comment which isn't attached to a block. I wonder how they'll handle already-existing projects which contain floating comments…?

Base 10 is the best number system.
IcyCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

PullJosh wrote:

-SuperScratch- wrote:

Try commenting on the blocks
Those comments look awesome! I've never much liked the comments in Scratch (they've always been a bit finicky), but these seem great! Although it doesn't appear to be possible to add a comment which isn't attached to a block. I wonder how they'll handle already-existing projects which contain floating comments…?
hmm interesting they are working currently on making scratch 2 projects work on scratch 3 better

Because JS is the future (echos) future future futur futu fut fu f
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

-SuperScratch- wrote:

Try commenting on the blocks
What blocks

edit: nvm

Last edited by goldfish678 (Aug. 27, 2016 13:44:48)


Where did time go?
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

comp09 wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

Not sure if this is news, but all the graphic effects are working in the VM.

Edit: The effects seem to be identical to 2.0 for the most part, although things get a bit different with extreme values (try comparing mosaic effect of 1500 between 2.0 and the Scratch 3 VM).

Oh yes. Scratch 3 is going to be fun.
why you gotta use tinypic tho
cubeupload master race

A signature is a small piece of text that isn't attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about nothing you want. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign, but you can't. It's not up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum, but it isn't. You can't see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.
-SuperScratch-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

#Scratch3FTW

Y R U READING THIS POST???!!!
ITS MADE BY -SUPERSCRATCH-!
(That took forever tho)
I like gummy bears
diamondking7m
Scratcher
32 posts

Scratch 3.0

Lythium wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
I highly doubt it. This is Scratch, not 60 fps 1080p ultra grafix Battlefield.
actually the ST @ reddit said that their gonna make scratch handle 60fps

Hey there! Ya wanna use my OS? Go here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/109693127/
*-* 
0_0
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

diamondking7m wrote:

actually the ST @ reddit said that their gonna make scratch handle 60fps
Hype!

Sigton


technoboy10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

diamondking7m wrote:

actually the ST @ reddit said that their gonna make scratch handle 60fps
This is not quite true - the ST is considering making Scratch 3.0 run at 60fps, but it's not confirmed yet. There are a lot of backwards compatibility issues that might come with a shift to 60fps, which would need a lot of careful design and implementation so 3.0 wouldn't break 2.0 projects.

my github
“I wish I had more funny quotes to take out of context” -me, about myself
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

diamondking7m wrote:

Lythium wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
I highly doubt it. This is Scratch, not 60 fps 1080p ultra grafix Battlefield.
actually the ST @ reddit said that their gonna make scratch handle 60fps
Source? I posted it, but I'm not the ST – they posted it on GitHub

EDIT: removed reddit link, lol

Last edited by liam48D (Sept. 4, 2016 10:41:03)


202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
-SuperScratch-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Scratch 3.0 might be so good big game companys will use it!! [Removed by moderator - probably best not to link to Reddit, even if it is about Scratch.]

Last edited by technoboy10 (Sept. 4, 2016 06:52:40)


Y R U READING THIS POST???!!!
ITS MADE BY -SUPERSCRATCH-!
(That took forever tho)
I like gummy bears
junebeetle
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

-SuperScratch- wrote:

Scratch 3.0 might be so good big game companys will use it!!
1. Hahahahaha!
2. Whoa, there's a sub for Scratch?

Last edited by technoboy10 (Sept. 4, 2016 06:52:56)


lose (the game v)
-SuperScratch-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

junebeetle wrote:

-SuperScratch- wrote:

Scratch 3.0 might be so good big game companys will use it!!
1. Hahahahaha!
2. Whoa, there's a sub for Scratch?
Yeah Im probably gona get my alert now…

-SuperScratch- wrote:

Scratch 3.0 might be so good big game companys will use it!! [Removed by moderator - probably best not to link to Reddit, even if it is about Scratch.]

Y R U READING THIS POST???!!!
ITS MADE BY -SUPERSCRATCH-!
(That took forever tho)
I like gummy bears
The_Amaru
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

-SuperScratch- wrote:

Scratch 3.0 might be so good big game companys will use it!!


HOW DO I MAKE A SIGNATURE?!?!

AND PLS FOLOW ME I DO F4F!!11!

THIS IS WROTED BY NOOB SPIRIT!!!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile