Discuss Scratch

The_Amaru
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Lythium wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
I highly doubt it. This is Scratch, not 60 fps 1080p ultra grafix Battlefield.


HOW DO I MAKE A SIGNATURE?!?!

AND PLS FOLOW ME I DO F4F!!11!

THIS IS WROTED BY NOOB SPIRIT!!!
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

goldfish678 wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
4:3, I believe.

goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Lythium wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
4:3, I believe.
do you know which quality that is (360p, 480p, etc)?
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

goldfish678 wrote:

Lythium wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
4:3, I believe.
do you know which quality that is (360p, 480p, etc)?
Unfortunately, no.

The_Amaru
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

goldfish678 wrote:

Lythium wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
4:3, I believe.
do you know which quality that is (360p, 480p, etc)?
480p, I think.


HOW DO I MAKE A SIGNATURE?!?!

AND PLS FOLOW ME I DO F4F!!11!

THIS IS WROTED BY NOOB SPIRIT!!!
junebeetle
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

The_Amaru wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

Lythium wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
4:3, I believe.
do you know which quality that is (360p, 480p, etc)?
480p, I think.
480x360 which I believe is 360p.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-these-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p-units-for-videos-Whats-the-basic-idea-behind-it

lose (the game v)
The_Amaru
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

junebeetle wrote:

The_Amaru wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

Lythium wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
4:3, I believe.
do you know which quality that is (360p, 480p, etc)?
480p, I think.
480x360 which I believe is 360p.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-these-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p-units-for-videos-Whats-the-basic-idea-behind-it
Ok.


HOW DO I MAKE A SIGNATURE?!?!

AND PLS FOLOW ME I DO F4F!!11!

THIS IS WROTED BY NOOB SPIRIT!!!
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

The_Amaru wrote:

junebeetle wrote:

The_Amaru wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

Lythium wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
4:3, I believe.
do you know which quality that is (360p, 480p, etc)?
480p, I think.
480x360 which I believe is 360p.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-these-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p-units-for-videos-Whats-the-basic-idea-behind-it
Ok.

The_Amaru
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Lythium wrote:

The_Amaru wrote:

junebeetle wrote:

The_Amaru wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

Lythium wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
4:3, I believe.
do you know which quality that is (360p, 480p, etc)?
480p, I think.
480x360 which I believe is 360p.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-these-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p-units-for-videos-Whats-the-basic-idea-behind-it
Ok.



HOW DO I MAKE A SIGNATURE?!?!

AND PLS FOLOW ME I DO F4F!!11!

THIS IS WROTED BY NOOB SPIRIT!!!
gamebeater187
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

The_Amaru wrote:

Lythium wrote:

The_Amaru wrote:

junebeetle wrote:

The_Amaru wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

Lythium wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
4:3, I believe.
do you know which quality that is (360p, 480p, etc)?
480p, I think.
480x360 which I believe is 360p.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-these-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p-units-for-videos-Whats-the-basic-idea-behind-it
Ok.

Okay.

My 1000th post!
I haven't changed my logo since my 96th post on 2014. Now at 1000 posts, I changed my logo!
The_Amaru
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

The_Amaru wrote:

Lythium wrote:

The_Amaru wrote:

junebeetle wrote:

The_Amaru wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

Lythium wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.
what ratio/quality is scratch already in?
4:3, I believe.
do you know which quality that is (360p, 480p, etc)?
480p, I think.
480x360 which I believe is 360p.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-these-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p-units-for-videos-Whats-the-basic-idea-behind-it
Ok.
-snip-
Also Puberty hit Cailou like a bus


HOW DO I MAKE A SIGNATURE?!?!

AND PLS FOLOW ME I DO F4F!!11!

THIS IS WROTED BY NOOB SPIRIT!!!
thisandagain
Scratch Team
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.

We are considering that, though we are not 100% sure how we will deal with backwards compatibility quite yet. Stay tuned.
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.

We are considering that, though we are not 100% sure how we will deal with backwards compatibility quite yet. Stay tuned.
But won't that break current projects?


EDIT: Post 500!

Last edited by Lythium (July 10, 2016 17:37:43)


The_Amaru
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Lythium wrote:

thisandagain wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.

We are considering that, though we are not 100% sure how we will deal with backwards compatibility quite yet. Stay tuned.
But wont that break current projects?
Unless there is a black space in the left and right side of the projects


HOW DO I MAKE A SIGNATURE?!?!

AND PLS FOLOW ME I DO F4F!!11!

THIS IS WROTED BY NOOB SPIRIT!!!
scratchyone
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.

We are considering that, though we are not 100% sure how we will deal with backwards compatibility quite yet. Stay tuned.
You could make it a button, and have all old projects be scratch 2.0's ratio, but save the ratio with the project, so the creator can change it.Then you could decide on a default for all projects created in scratch 3.0. Also, do you have information about the file format? I want to start work on programs for scratch 3.0, but I don't understand the id parameter. Could you please explain that? It seems to still work if the id is empty?
EDIT: By editing the JSON, I was able to do this, because the input types are stored in the xml. Will this be kept?

Last edited by scratchyone (July 10, 2016 17:56:25)

PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

happyland440 wrote:

I hope Scratch will be in the 16:9 ratio for us with 1080p screens. Finally, some HD projects.

We are considering that, though we are not 100% sure how we will deal with backwards compatibility quite yet. Stay tuned.
Great to hear! If we all give the backwards-compatibility issue some thought, I'm sure somebody will be able to find the answer.

The obvious solution is to add black or white bars to the left and right edges of projects, but that's certainly less than ideal. Another option would be to allow users to choose the screen size for each project (and default old projects to 480x360), but that would likely cause a lot of headaches both for users and for devs…
joaoh1
Scratcher
18 posts

Scratch 3.0

I Updated my website to update the Github Version (More Looks Blocks and a Updated Dropdown Field)

joaoh1.github.io/sb-onlinetests

Last edited by joaoh1 (July 10, 2016 19:35:30)

comp09
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

I also updated my hosted version. Links are below in my signature.

You may need to shift-click refresh to download the latest versions of the scripts.


Visit the website of Andrew Sun!


herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

comp09 wrote:

I also updated my hosted version. Links are below in my signature.

You may need to shift-click refresh to download the latest versions of the scripts.
Yeah

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile