Discuss Scratch

DrKat123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

liam48D wrote:

This still has the weird foreach/custom block bug:

huh, maybe it's because the for each block is still experimental (?)

Moving from Scratch? Don't learn C or Java, try Snap!
it haz OOP
DrKat McKatFace
First of all I'm 100% human and humans does not have a cat face
and second, the Boaty McBoatFace/Parsey McParseFace madness has just begun

λ
Sharp, my new Scratch mod
Is my post/siggy worthy for an internet?
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

DrKat123 wrote:

liam48D wrote:

This still has the weird foreach/custom block bug:

huh, maybe it's because the for each block is still experimental (?)
It's still experimental and it never isn't going to be experimental. You aren't going to get the ST to fix the bug - you'll have to do it yourself.

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

–Removed–

Last edited by NoMod-Programming (June 6, 2016 04:20:51)

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
colinator27
Scratcher
85 posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

Hey… uhh… I just want to get out a tiny issue with the system you've got going with HTTP GET requests in Scratch. This can literally make things like phishing and such available to Scratch. I think that's why Scratch never introduced connections to the internet from the Scratch editor/Player.

I really don't know though.

COLINATOR27
My Profile
My Extra Account

Five Nights at Fido's - Click here!
Lig and Ark - Click here!
Out Compete Pre-Alpha 0.1.8 - Click here!
GRA0007
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

colinator27 wrote:

Hey… uhh… I just want to get out a tiny issue with the system you've got going with HTTP GET requests in Scratch. This can literally make things like phishing and such available to Scratch. I think that's why Scratch never introduced connections to the internet from the Scratch editor/Player.

Hopefully people wouldn't be stupid enough to enter their bank details into a scratch project, but it might be a good idea to have a warning popup to users if the project contains a get block.

PixelForums ← click here if you're a designer!

colinator27
Scratcher
85 posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

GRA0007 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

Hopefully people wouldn't be stupid enough to enter their bank details into a scratch project, but it might be a good idea to have a warning popup to users if the project contains a get block.
Yeah. It really needs that.

EDIT: That'll need to be pushed for later, though. There's no project sharing site or player specifically soo… IDK.

Last edited by colinator27 (June 6, 2016 22:14:31)

COLINATOR27
My Profile
My Extra Account

Five Nights at Fido's - Click here!
Lig and Ark - Click here!
Out Compete Pre-Alpha 0.1.8 - Click here!
Mrcomputer1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

colinator27 wrote:

I think it is safe because of cross origin rules that flash has. Try a request to scratch.mit.edu and it should fail because of cross origin.

GRA0007 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

Even after what I said above do you think it still needs a warning?

My Profile / My User Page / My Talk Page
——————–
Progress bar to 1000+ Posts - Image might not be up to date

——————–
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0 (Windows 11 - 22H2), Firefox 122.0b4
——————–
My ScratchX Extensions——–If you like this post, give me an internet!——–Sharp Scratch Mod
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

colinator27 wrote:

There are already cloud variables…

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

Mrcomputer1 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

I think it is safe because of cross origin rules that flash has. Try a request to scratch.mit.edu and it should fail because of cross origin.
Well a phisher would allow a connection from Sharp to their website.

Mrcomputer1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

Jonathan50 wrote:

Mrcomputer1 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

Well a phisher would allow a connection from Sharp to their website.
Ok so I will add a warning like GRA0007 said. https://github.com/SharpScratchMod/Sharp/issues/10

——————–

——————–
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0 (Windows 11 - 22H2), Firefox 122.0b4
——————–
My ScratchX Extensions——–If you like this post, give me an internet!——–Sharp Scratch Mod
DrKat123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

Just a question, is
Math.E
a valid math constant in actionscript? sublime text doesn't highlight the “.E” bit
edit: apparently Scratch doesn't highlight the “.E” bit either

Last edited by DrKat123 (June 7, 2016 09:03:41)

it haz OOP
DrKat McKatFace

λ
GRA0007
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

DrKat123 wrote:

Just a question, is
Math.E
a valid math constant in actionscript? sublime text doesn't highlight the “.E” bit
That's what I use the internet for. Mainly because I exclusively use Notepad++. Just a quick search, probably not as3: https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/actionscript-the-definitive/1565928520/re103.html

DrKat123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

GRA0007 wrote:

DrKat123 wrote:

Just a question, is
Math.E
That's what I use the internet for. Mainly because I exclusively use Notepad++. Just a quick search, probably not as3: https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/actionscript-the-definitive/1565928520/re103.html
ok
i searched AS3's official docs and it's say that it's a legit math constant, but apparently sublime text thinks it's not
well i'd better switch my text editor

Last edited by DrKat123 (June 7, 2016 09:37:10)

it haz OOP
DrKat McKatFace

λ
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

…It not being highlighted does not at all mean it isn't a constant.

DrKat123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

Jonathan50 wrote:

…It not being highlighted does not at all mean it isn't a constant.
yeah

it haz OOP
DrKat McKatFace

λ
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

Mrcomputer1 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

GRA0007 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

Even after what I said above do you think it still needs a warning?
crossorigin.me

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
GRA0007
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

colinator27 wrote:

GRA0007 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

EDIT: That'll need to be pushed for later, though. There's no project sharing site or player specifically soo… IDK.
Yeah, well hopefully jvvg can implement something on modshare like the warning you get when the project contains a username block for Sharp.

DrKat123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

GRA0007 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

GRA0007 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

Yeah, well hopefully jvvg can implement something on modshare like the warning you get when the project contains a username block for Sharp.
Actually, @mrcomputer1 is making a project sharing site for Sharp

it haz OOP
DrKat McKatFace

λ
GRA0007
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

DrKat123 wrote:

GRA0007 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

GRA0007 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

Oh cool! Looking forward to it

Mrcomputer1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sharp -- a 2.0 mod

DrKat123 wrote:

GRA0007 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

GRA0007 wrote:

colinator27 wrote:

We still want this mod added to modshare though, even with a project sharing site of our own.

@GRA0007:
The warning would have to go in the mod's code not the sharing website's code. Unless the sharing website decoded the entire project file and look for HTTP blocks

——————–

——————–
——————–