Discuss Scratch

Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My Projects won't load

pagetworld wrote:

I have tried IE, Chrome and Firefox, but nothing seems to work. Did you manage to get this project to load on your machine?

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20152303/

Thanks for helping!
Apologies for the problems!

We're trying to troubleshoot this now. Does your network use a proxy of some sort? It appears as though some of the uploads from your students are zero length. The editor then tries to get the asset and can't load it because, while it has a name, it has no content. In the past when we've seen this lomd problem, it's because of a problem in the configuration of the school or institutions proxy, which prevents the data from being uploaded.
pagetworld
Scratcher
13 posts

My Projects won't load

We do use a proxy, yes. I don't think that's going to change any time soon, unfortunately.

Can you suggest a workaround or fix, at least for projects that are currently affected? I guess in the long term it's going to mean making multiple backup copies of projects before uploading an image. Do you think that using the offline editor would be better?
pagetworld
Scratcher
13 posts

My Projects won't load

Lightnin wrote:

We're trying to troubleshoot this now. Does your network use a proxy of some sort? It appears as though some of the uploads from your students are zero length. The editor then tries to get the asset and can't load it because, while it has a name, it has no content. In the past when we've seen this lomd problem, it's because of a problem in the configuration of the school or institutions proxy, which prevents the data from being uploaded.

Also, we have successfully uploaded lots of bitmaps in the past. It's going to be very hard to track down any config problem that causes intermittent problems. It would be better if the player could handle broken uploads and perhaps delete that asset, rather than making the whole project unusable.

Last edited by pagetworld (May 6, 2014 10:21:01)

Superstephen
Scratcher
40 posts

My Projects won't load

Try thinking about that the projects we are giving out might not be shared yet. I would try them out if I could, but I am using my iPod and since all the projects use Flash, I can't.

when green flag clicked
forever

set [Superstephen] to [Awesome]
end
Superstephen
Scratcher
40 posts

My Projects won't load

Does the Scratch Team monitor the discussion page, or are we on our own in fixing this?

when green flag clicked
forever

end
pagetworld
Scratcher
13 posts

My Projects won't load

Superstephen wrote:

Try thinking about that the projects we are giving out might not be shared yet. I would try them out if I could, but I am using my iPod and since all the projects use Flash, I can't.

The project I linked to (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20152303/) is a shared project from one of my students.

I think Lightnin is part of the site admin, and so may be able to actually help.
pagetworld
Scratcher
13 posts

My Projects won't load

Right, that project has started working now. Did someone at Scratch make a change to it?

However, the problem as a whole still exists. This one still doesn't work, for instance: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20154138/

Last edited by pagetworld (May 13, 2014 14:56:50)

Leonhard08
Scratcher
19 posts

My Projects won't load

mine stucks too. same problem

Check out -SLOT MACHINE!
jscatchpole
Scratcher
2 posts

My Projects won't load

Hi,
I posted on this forum a while ago and I guess the problem is not fixed?
Several students in our school have had this problem.
Seems to occur mostly if they have used more than one computer system when developing their programs.

If anyone want to try getting this one working would be grateful as student would like to share it.
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/23054537/
Thanks
JC
yipyapyop
Scratcher
4 posts

My Projects won't load

jscatchpole wrote:

Hi,
I posted on this forum a while ago and I guess the problem is not fixed?
Several students in our school have had this problem.
Seems to occur mostly if they have used more than one computer system when developing their programs.

If anyone want to try getting this one working would be grateful as student would like to share it.
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/23054537/
Thanks
JC

I've had the same problem with one of my projects for a while now: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11059635/ . Thanks to you, I think I know why it happened. I developed most of the project at school, but I did develop some parts at home. Maybe that's why; it just couldn't sync it to both networks so it just collapsed.
sairutwik
Scratcher
3 posts

My Projects won't load

My project size is 468 assets.It is not saving and showing a message "not saved;network or server problem
Superstephen
Scratcher
40 posts

My Projects won't load

sairutwik wrote:

My project size is 468 assets.It is not saving and showing a message "not saved;network or server problem
Hmm… Did you try saving it to your computer and waiting a bit to save it to the network? The Scratch Team will have probably fixed it by then.

when green flag clicked
forever

end
sairutwik
Scratcher
3 posts

My Projects won't load

I did it in offline scratch 2.0 editor in my computer.I am participating in a contest and want my project only online.I think it won't save or share as it has more assets
exmeeb
Scratcher
3 posts

My Projects won't load

i'm trying to share a project and every time i click share it won't share
sairutwik
Scratcher
3 posts

My Projects won't load

It is because your project size is big and in scratch.mit.edu there is a limit in project size.Better try from the scratch offline editor by going to File-Share on the website.then it will ask your project name,your username and password.Enter them and click Ok and wait until you get a message your project is sucessfully saved to website (or) Couldn't load Error.If you get the message “Couldn't load Error” it means your project is too big and you have to make it small by deleting some sprites to upload in scratch.mit.edu

bhcpsiah
Scratcher
7 posts

My Projects won't load

Same Problem :/

It almost Never Works … After that i just Exit scratch and Watch MineCraft on YT …

Info :
My browser / operating system: Windows 8, Chrome 38.0.2125.101, Flash 15.0 (release 0)
bhcpsiah
Scratcher
7 posts

My Projects won't load

exmeeb wrote:

i'm trying to share a project and every time i click share it won't share

Maybe you Gotta Wait for a While … Then Publish it . Idk im just thinking

(Im Just NASA-Space , Not a New Person , This is Just My School Account.)
tjboyte
Scratcher
14 posts

My Projects won't load

well my projects load it just takes 2-5 mins
Superstephen
Scratcher
40 posts

My Projects won't load

Yeah. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

tjboyte wrote:

well my projects load it just takes 2-5 mins

when green flag clicked
forever

end
Superstephen
Scratcher
40 posts

My Projects won't load

I've had emails that I send at 7 AM and it actually sends at like 1 PM!

Last edited by Superstephen (Dec. 15, 2014 16:01:19)

when green flag clicked
forever

end