Discuss Scratch

nanalan
Scratcher
100+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

card100 wrote:

If you had the source code…
…Electron uses WebView. That's literally the whole point.

some
BODY
once told me
ninjagolloyd
Scratcher
500+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

blob8108 wrote:

docaiden wrote:

Is there a way to make the mac app run on Mavericks?
No, sorry. Mavericks doesn't support the modern WebKit view which Tosh for Mac uses. :-)
unless you somehow find a way to get it on there
Your best choice is to update to Yosemite or higher–it adds support and if you have a fairly new Mac it will make it much faster.

bean
iamunknown2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

blob, is it OK if you sent over a copy of the factor post-processor grammar (converting the JSON to tosh) to us? It's for a script which serves as a Scratch wrapper for Git?

Last edited by iamunknown2 (April 12, 2017 00:28:35)

| My website | Using Geany | A Christian | Running Ubuntu MATE 14.04 with Flash 18.0 (release 0) | Search this with quotation marks on Google to view my posts: “ellipsepostpianolizard” (some posts may not show up) |

Moving on from Scratch? Learn Python/a scripting language (e.g Perl, JavaScript), then move on to a C derivative
AwesomeGameCreator
Scratcher
100+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

I keep on getting this error, when trying to save a project in tosh I imported from Scratch:
“Error saving project: attempting to access detached ArrayBuffer”.
Any idea why? Should I post the code to the project?

"Print is the sharpest and the strongest weapon of our party." - Stalin
_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

iamunknown2 wrote:

blob, is it OK if you sent over a copy of the factor post-processor grammar (converting the JSON to tosh) to us? It's for a script which serves as a Scratch wrapper for Git?
tosh2 uses a fancy new thing called nearley-reverse, which should basically work as what you're looking for

(Maybe alongside nearley.)

══ trans autistic lesbian enbydoggirls // 16 17 18, she/they
sparrows one word to the paragraph // <3 // ~(quasar) nebula
bobbybee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

_nix wrote:

iamunknown2 wrote:

tosh2 uses a fancy new thing called nearley-reverse, which should basically work as what you're looking for

(Maybe alongside nearley.)
Oh, I didn't realise tosh already had its grammar in there =P

“Ooo, can I call you Señorita Bee?” ~Chibi-Matoran
AwesomeGameCreator
Scratcher
100+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

Update on the error I am receiving:
I am trying to run a recursive fibonacci generator, which works in Scratch, imports fine, but will not save (with no changes).
I have experimented with it and I think it is an issue with recursion not being supported by tosh.
Here is the sourcecode:

define-atomic gmemw (o) (v)
replace item o of global_mem with v

define-atomic rfib (n) (offset)
if n = 0 then
gmemw (offset) 0
stop this script
end
if n = 1 then
gmemw (offset) 1
stop this script
end
rfib (n - 1) (offset)
add item offset of global_mem to Stack
rfib (n - 2) (offset)
add item offset of global_mem to Stack
gmemw (offset) (item length of Stack of Stack + item (length of Stack - 1) of Stack)
delete last of Stack
delete last of Stack

when flag clicked
delete all of global_mem
add “” to global_mem
set i to 0
forever
rfib (i) 1
say item 1 of global_mem
change i by 1
wait 1 secs
end

blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

@awesome Tosh supports recursion just fine. Have you tried it in phosphorus? Can you share the project? Thanks.

tosh · slowly becoming a grown-up adult and very confused about it
AwesomeGameCreator
Scratcher
100+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

blob8108 wrote:

@awesome Tosh supports recursion just fine. Have you tried it in phosphorus? Can you share the project? Thanks.
I shared it here.
It also works fine on phosphorus.

mobluse
Scratcher
100+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

Icons are back again in Tosh here in Chrome and Firefox! Has Tosh been updated? Is it possible to see which version of Tosh you are running?

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 57.0.2987.133, Flash 25.0 (release 0)
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 51.0, Flash 21.0 (release 0)
It also works on Raspberry Pi in Lubuntu and Raspbian in Chrome and Firefox.

blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

I haven't changed tosh at all…I did move what server it's running on, but unless something strange is going on (do you live near York?!) I don't see why that should make a difference…

Oh, I disabled CloudFlare. You're not running Windows XP or something? I really don't understand why you were having a problem…!

mobluse
Scratcher
100+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

blob8108 wrote:

Oh, I disabled CloudFlare. You're not running Windows XP or something? I really don't understand why you were having a problem…!

I live in Lund, Sweden. I tested it in Windows 10, Raspbian and Lubuntu – now it works in all, and for some weeks the icons didn't work anywhere. I think it is a network problem because I have not updated browsers since it did not work. I have not changed anything about the network. It could have to do with CloudFlare. I shall ask someone else in a different town in Sweden that had the same problem with icons in Mac OS X.

AwesomeGameCreator
Scratcher
100+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

AwesomeGameCreator wrote:

blob8108 wrote:

I shared it here.
It also works fine on phosphorus.
Still does not work?

TDR-Games
Scratcher
100+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

Great work!

–Banners Above
–move selected to top

mobluse
Scratcher
100+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

I discovered a parsing bug in Tosh:
set [radius v] to (((scale) * (360)) / ((2) * (pi)))
becomes
set radius to scale * 360 / 2 * pi.
This makes this project not work in Tosh, but it works in Phosphorus and Scratch 2: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/153790703/#player
It should be set radius to scale * 360 / (2 * pi). In another project I used a workaround with abs: set radius to scale * 360 / abs of (2 * pi) and that works in Tosh. One should not have to use workarounds because it might be difficult to find all places, and it slows down the program.

Is there a way to see which version Tosh is? so that one can test this issue again iff Tosh is updated.

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 57.0.2987.133, Flash 25.0 (release 0)

Last edited by mobluse (May 11, 2017 11:14:39)

blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

mobluse wrote:

becomes
Yeah, tosh sometimes parenthesizes things wrong I'm working on fixing this for tosh2; unfortunately I don't have an easy fix for you in the meantime

IcyCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

blob8108 wrote:

mobluse wrote:

becomes
Yeah, tosh sometimes parenthesizes things wrong I'm working on fixing this for tosh2; unfortunately I don't have an easy fix for you in the meantime
tosh2 confirmed…!!!

Because JS is the future (echos) future future futur futu fut fu f
herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

IcyCoder wrote:

blob8108 wrote:

mobluse wrote:

becomes
tosh2 confirmed…!!!
Its on github…
blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

~tosh~ public beta

You can now download the Mac app.