Discuss Scratch

Alex4747
Scratcher
57 posts

Please.

#ScratchIsBeingKnockedDownByWarriorCats

That's a long hashtag.

But seriously, this is something that I want to discuss with you guys. BRING ON THE HATE MAIL!!!!!

“Couldn't you people give others some chance, instead of too many Warrior Cats? This happens every month. People were amazed by Warrior Cats AMVs CCs and Others instead of others. We should give other people a chance. Scratch is not about Warrior Cats. It's about
imagining, programming, and sharing.”

yueford


We can have a serious discussion about this, as Warrior Cats are too overexposed. I don't have a problem with the people who make these, or even the brand itself. It's just that they get way more popularity than different-themed projects of the same quality, which shouldn't be happening. It's unfair on the people who don't like it or are sick and tired on seeing it on the front page time and time again. It shouldn't be encouraged. Does ANYONE want Scratch, a programming website that (WRITTEN IN THE GUIDELINES) is supposed to be for everybody, to become a swarming mess of nothing but Warrior Cats? Anybody? No!

If you disagree, then that's fine! Let's have a discussion about it. But please, please can we calm down about this, because I think it's an issue.

Scratch is for everybody.


STUDIO:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/1488394
Chibi-Matoran
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please.

Though this problem is very controversial, I honestly support. Scratch was meant to be a programming site, but the community as a whole as turned into an art-sharing site. I wish more programming-impressive get on the front-page, but sadly, not many Scratchers are really serious about programming.

What I don't tolerate are people who don't obey Scratch's remixing rules, and totally think that they are justified, or even that they are “freedom fighters” rebelling against the Scratch Team.

If you see this signature while scrolling, you have been visited by ʎ++ haskal. Lazy evaluation, monads, function purity, lambdas, currying, partial application, algebraic data types, pattern matching, and typeclasses will come to you, but only if you comment, “Thanks, ʎ++ haskal” on my profile.

Cassian && ||
Alex4747
Scratcher
57 posts

Please.

Yeah, like the people who remix and don't change anything but still get likes for SOME WEIRD REASON.
Alex4747
Scratcher
57 posts

Please.

forever
if <people make warrior cats> then

add [another project] to [endless warrior cats projects]
change [our patience for warrior cats projects] by (∞)
end
end

Last edited by Alex4747 (March 26, 2016 12:51:08)

Chibi-Matoran
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please.

Alex4747 wrote:

Yeah, like the people who remix and don't change anything but still get likes for SOME WEIRD REASON.
I as thinking more along the lines of people who all gang up on other people for recoloring.

If you see this signature while scrolling, you have been visited by ʎ++ haskal. Lazy evaluation, monads, function purity, lambdas, currying, partial application, algebraic data types, pattern matching, and typeclasses will come to you, but only if you comment, “Thanks, ʎ++ haskal” on my profile.

Cassian && ||
Whiskers_Productions
Scratcher
4 posts

Please.

Support. I'm all for Warriors but Scratch IS getting destroyed by Warrior Cats.

“There Is No Try, Only Do.”

~Yoda

Oh, and *puts on shades*
Say “I'm Batman!”

And be a nerd…


I'm BATMAN
alexphan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please.

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

I honestly support.

Whiskers_Productions wrote:

Support.
wait doesn't that mean this is supposed to be in the Suggestions forum…?

Eh, I kind of support, because although I like the Warriors series myself, I think there's a bit too much of it in the website.

I think the accounts and art are fine here, because, like you said, Scratch is for everybody, not just programmers. However, for your argument, Scratch should focus its attention more to the learning of programming.

And if you look at the “What the Community is Remixing” bar, the only thing you will see are Warriors Art CCs. We should see a bit more of some actual programming

wow, that was the first “long” post I made in a while

Last edited by alexphan (March 26, 2016 15:05:17)


Sorry, this signature was blocked by your Internet provider. To access this signature, please upgrade your service plan (from $199.99/mo)
IronBit_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please.

Move this to Suggestions pls.
While I don't really like bashing other things, stuff like Warriors, art, social media, etc. are sweeping over Scratch. It's really not the place for this kind of stuff, so I honestly support.

fivesythe
New to Scratch
80 posts

Please.

IronBit_Studios wrote:

Move this to Suggestions pls.
While I don't really like bashing other things, stuff like Warriors, art, social media, etc. are sweeping over Scratch. It's really not the place for this kind of stuff, so I honestly support.
What's the suggestion?

I prefer to live and let live. If you see something you think shouldn't be on the front page, don't look at it. Make an effort to look at and like the stuff that you think there should be more of. Making a suggestion won't help, since from what I've seen those things sit there for three years and never get acknowledged. If you want change, bring it on yourself.
Alex4747
Scratcher
57 posts

Please.

fivesythe wrote:

I prefer to live and let live. If you see something you think shouldn't be on the front page, don't look at it. Make an effort to look at and like the stuff that you think there should be more of. Making a suggestion won't help, since from what I've seen those things sit there for three years and never get acknowledged. If you want change, bring it on yourself.

We aren't bothered by the fact that it's on the front page, it's just…

Well, we are bothered by the fact that it's on the front page but that's besides the point.

We're bothered by the fact that it is not only EVERYWHERE and we're just really really sick and tired of it (I mean, when Youtube spreads repetitive memes everybody hates on it, but when Warrior Cats is EVERYWHERE nobody cares) but it gets infinitely more popularity than other people who just want to do something different or unique because WARRIOR CATS OMG

If you still don't agree with me, then let's continue this discussion and we can share our views


Last edited by Alex4747 (March 26, 2016 16:56:28)

DatOneLefty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please.

i said this a long time ago, no one supported. I SUPPORT THIS ENTIRELY!


Joke of the Nanosecond

Posts: bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549 (btw i use arch)



Alex4747
Scratcher
57 posts

Please.

Dat ASCII.

Last edited by Alex4747 (March 26, 2016 17:08:49)

IronBit_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please.

fivesythe wrote:

IronBit_Studios wrote:

Move this to Suggestions pls.
While I don't really like bashing other things, stuff like Warriors, art, social media, etc. are sweeping over Scratch. It's really not the place for this kind of stuff, so I honestly support.
What's the suggestion?
A way to cut down all this “WARRIOR CATS ART CC AMW” stuff. Again, Scratch's really not the place for this kind of stuff.

fivesythe wrote:

I prefer to live and let live. If you see something you think shouldn't be on the front page, don't look at it. Make an effort to look at and like the stuff that you think there should be more of. Making a suggestion won't help, since from what I've seen those things sit there for three years and never get acknowledged. If you want change, bring it on yourself.
Well, it's fine to have stuff like this in the world, but too many people just don't see Scratch's true purpose- coding. Not art. Not social media. Not a message board.

cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please.

well, it's not exactly warriors, just cats. half of the Cat-CC fans i know haven't/ only read a few of the warriors books, and, uh, they like cats a lot. so, i kinda support, but what would they do to make this happen?


Alex4747
Scratcher
57 posts

Please.

cs156175 wrote:

well, it's not exactly warriors, just cats. half of the Cat-CC fans i know haven't/ only read a few of the warriors books, and, uh, they like cats a lot. so, i kinda support, but what would they do to make this happen?

I like cats tho…

BUT YEAH THEY'RE WAY TOO OVEREXPOSED AND ALL OBSESSION THAT IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET TO HANDLE SHOULD BE THROWN INTO A FIRE AND LEFT TO BURN AND ROT AND EVERYONE WILL LAUGH AT IT'S DEATH
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please.

Alex4747 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

well, it's not exactly warriors, just cats. half of the Cat-CC fans i know haven't/ only read a few of the warriors books, and, uh, they like cats a lot. so, i kinda support, but what would they do to make this happen?

I like cats tho…

BUT YEAH THEY'RE WAY TOO OVEREXPOSED AND ALL OBSESSION THAT IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET TO HANDLE SHOULD BE THROWN INTO A FIRE AND LEFT TO BURN AND ROT AND EVERYONE WILL LAUGH AT IT'S DEATH
yes, but how is the scratch team gonna do this?


shinytama432
Scratcher
100+ posts

Please.

no no NO NO NO no NO NO NO NO! JUST NO! I DO NOT HAVE MUCH PROJECTS ABOUT CATS! like no!

Last edited by shinytama432 (March 26, 2016 19:04:48)


Chibi-Matoran
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please.

cs156175 wrote:

Alex4747 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

well, it's not exactly warriors, just cats. half of the Cat-CC fans i know haven't/ only read a few of the warriors books, and, uh, they like cats a lot. so, i kinda support, but what would they do to make this happen?

I like cats tho…

BUT YEAH THEY'RE WAY TOO OVEREXPOSED AND ALL OBSESSION THAT IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET TO HANDLE SHOULD BE THROWN INTO A FIRE AND LEFT TO BURN AND ROT AND EVERYONE WILL LAUGH AT IT'S DEATH
yes, but how is the scratch team gonna do this?
The Scratch Team should focus or better programming tutorials, for more advanced concepts, perhaps. Then, more people who are interested in programming would join, and less people would join Scratch to share their art.

On a more extreme level, the Scratch Team could mark cat art projects as NFE. The front page says a lot about a site, and we don't want potential soon-to-be users to think that Scratch is an art site, or Warriors fansite.

If you see this signature while scrolling, you have been visited by ʎ++ haskal. Lazy evaluation, monads, function purity, lambdas, currying, partial application, algebraic data types, pattern matching, and typeclasses will come to you, but only if you comment, “Thanks, ʎ++ haskal” on my profile.

Cassian && ||
Alex4747
Scratcher
57 posts

Please.

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Alex4747 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

well, it's not exactly warriors, just cats. half of the Cat-CC fans i know haven't/ only read a few of the warriors books, and, uh, they like cats a lot. so, i kinda support, but what would they do to make this happen?

I like cats tho…

BUT YEAH THEY'RE WAY TOO OVEREXPOSED AND ALL OBSESSION THAT IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET TO HANDLE SHOULD BE THROWN INTO A FIRE AND LEFT TO BURN AND ROT AND EVERYONE WILL LAUGH AT IT'S DEATH
yes, but how is the scratch team gonna do this?
The Scratch Team should focus or better programming tutorials, for more advanced concepts, perhaps. Then, more people who are interested in programming would join, and less people would join Scratch to share their art.

On a more extreme level, the Scratch Team could mark cat art projects as NFE. The front page says a lot about a site, and we don't want potential soon-to-be users to think that Scratch is an art site, or Warriors fansite.

Oh my gosh, 1000000000% agree with this, especially the part about a Warrior Cats fansite. It's a bad image to have that as an icon of Scratch. I mean, because of how over-exposed it is, it's becoming Scratch's My Little Pony.

THAT'S NOT A GOOD SIGN.
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please.

Alex4747 wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

Alex4747 wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

well, it's not exactly warriors, just cats. half of the Cat-CC fans i know haven't/ only read a few of the warriors books, and, uh, they like cats a lot. so, i kinda support, but what would they do to make this happen?

I like cats tho…

BUT YEAH THEY'RE WAY TOO OVEREXPOSED AND ALL OBSESSION THAT IS JUST TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET TO HANDLE SHOULD BE THROWN INTO A FIRE AND LEFT TO BURN AND ROT AND EVERYONE WILL LAUGH AT IT'S DEATH
yes, but how is the scratch team gonna do this?
The Scratch Team should focus or better programming tutorials, for more advanced concepts, perhaps. Then, more people who are interested in programming would join, and less people would join Scratch to share their art.

On a more extreme level, the Scratch Team could mark cat art projects as NFE. The front page says a lot about a site, and we don't want potential soon-to-be users to think that Scratch is an art site, or Warriors fansite.

Oh my gosh, 1000000000% agree with this, especially the part about a Warrior Cats fansite. It's a bad image to have that as an icon of Scratch. I mean, because of how over-exposed it is, it's becoming Scratch's My Little Pony.

THAT'S NOT A GOOD SIGN.
hey, wait a sec. are you insulting MLP? i mean, it's not that overexposed anymore, like it was back when the fandom started. now we basically try to stick to eqd and, uh, deviantart groups. so, are you saying people shouldn't make warrior projects anymore, or just saying they shouldn't get all the attention they are?


Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile