Discuss Scratch

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Welcome to the # Custom Number Engine Shop #!

Here I offer custom number display engines that can be used to display any number in your projects. By ordering a custom engine, you get only what you need and therefore, the greatest efficiency.

To view a demo of the engine go here.

Ordering Your Custom Number Engine:

First, Choose a Template:
  • Costumes: (numbers are shown using vector costumes which can come in a variety of fonts)
  • Pen: (numbers are rendered in pen; comes in only one font; controllable pen color and thickness)
  • Combined: (both Costumes and Pen)

All templates come with control over:
  • X and Y position
  • Size
  • Alignment
  • Spacing

Add-ons:
  • Dragability: Allows you drag numbers with the mouse. You have the option between “Click, Drag, Click”, “Drag and Drop”, or both. (Costumes and Pen)
  • Snap Points: Allows you to create points that numbers will snap to when being dragged. It also comes with customizable snap distance. (Costumes and Pen)
  • Stamp on Stop: Gives the ability to stamp the number onto the screen when you stop displaying it. (Costumes only)
  • Effects: This adds in blocks that allow you to easily change a number's graphic effects. Note that effects are already compatible with the raw template, but it is more efficient to implement them in this way if you plan on changing them frequently. (Costumes only)

Formatting:
  • Significant Zeros: Gives the option to make a number have a specified number of digits after the decimal place. (ex. You specify 3 decimal places. 1.2 becomes 1.200, 1.23 becomes 1.230, and 1 becomes 1.000.
  • Money: Gives the option to add a dollar sign to the number. (There is a chance that I could do euros and cents.)
  • Commas: Gives the option to insert commas into large numbers. (Ex. 4589020 becomes 4,589,020.)

Choosing Your Fonts:
List the fonts you wish to have. Also specify what color you would like the font to be. (Black is default.)
  • Helvetica
  • Marker
  • Donegal
  • Gloria
  • Mystery
  • Scratch
  • Grand Hotel* (requested by Heykittykitty)
  • Arcade (requested by shinobigames)
  • Code Pro* (requested by NDSDNS)
  • Raleway (requested by NDSDNS)
  • Roboto (requested by NDSDNS)
  • Tommy Hilfiger (requested by NDSDNS)
  • Pokemon GB* (requested by shonzou)
  • Dosis* (requested by The_Imagineer_)
  • If you desire a font that is not on this list, I will import it for you into the engine as long as you provide a link to a project that contains it.
*This font is missing one or more of the following characters: , . $ -
It will be supplemented with these characters from a similar looking font.

Other Features:
If you have an idea for a feature that is not listed above, but would like to have it in your engine, please suggest it. I will do my best to make it happen.

Sample Order:
  • Template: Costumes
  • Add-ons: Dragability, Drag and Drop only, Stamp on Stop, Effects
  • Formatting: Significant Zeros, Money
  • Fonts: Helvetica and Donegal
  • Font Color: Red

Orders:
  • Most orders are completed within a week, but occasionally it may take two.
  • Once you have placed your order, I will give you a more exact time frame in which your order will be completed.
  • Please follow this topic at least until your order is completed to sort out any details with it.
  • When it is finished, I will post a message on this thread and one on your profile.
  • To download your engine, find it in this studio.
  • As a bonus, all engines come with a personalized guide based on what the engine offers.

Problems:
If you have a problem with your engine or would like to modify it, let me know. I will do my best to help.

Satisfaction:
  • If you are happy with your engine and the customer service, support this shop by loving and favoriting the Number Display Engine project.
  • Request projects you have made with the engine to be added to this studio.
  • Also, don't forget to give credit on any projects that you make with the engine.

Disclaimer:
The Number Display Engine has been created with a sparse use of JSON modification to increase efficiency and improve the user interface. The support and functionality of these modifications on Scratch cannot be guaranteed for the future. If you want, you may request a version of the engine without a modified JSON. Also note that that the Number Display Engine is not guaranteed to work under all circumstances.

Last edited by ngnhc (June 8, 2019 02:36:17)


# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Pending Orders:

Completed Orders:
2019
2018
2016

Last edited by ngnhc (June 8, 2019 02:35:04)


# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Significant Events:
2016
  • 3/6 - shop opened for business
  • 3/9 - new pen number option
  • 3/12 - first order completed
  • 3/26 - new formatting options
  • 5/1 - added to the Shop Directory
  • 5/3 - updates to order form and options
  • 5/7 - second order completed
  • 5/28 - third order completed
  • 5/30 - updates to original post
2018
  • 3/20 - Number Display Engine Project studio and Custom Number Engines studio

Last edited by ngnhc (March 21, 2018 01:39:29)


# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Okay…

Add-ons: Color
Fonts: All
Other Features: If possible, could you also add a pen-only option that makes a number like that on a digital clock? You know, with the bars?
Like:
__
|__|
|__|

Also, can it be one sprite and use custom blocks?

Additional Services: Custom Guide


My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom










Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Okay…

Add-ons: Color
Fonts: All
Other Features: If possible, could you also add a pen-only option that makes a number like that on a digital clock? You know, with the bars?
Like:
__
|__|
|__|

Also, can it be one sprite and use custom blocks?

Additional Services: Custom Guide

Thanks for the order.
Since the default color of the costumes is black, the color effect will not work too well with it.
Is there a particular color you would like me to make the costumes so it works?
The engine was made with clones and costumes, but I will try to make a pen option.
Lastly, the engine always comes as one sprite with custom blocks. (You can look inside the demo project to see how it works)

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

ngnhc wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Okay…

Add-ons: Color
Fonts: All
Other Features: If possible, could you also add a pen-only option that makes a number like that on a digital clock? You know, with the bars?
Like:
__
|__|
|__|

Also, can it be one sprite and use custom blocks?

Additional Services: Custom Guide

Thanks for the order.
Since the default color of the costumes is black, the color effect will not work too well with it.
Is there a particular color you would like me to make the costumes so it works?
The engine was made with clones and costumes, but I will try to make a pen option.
Lastly, the engine always comes as one sprite with custom blocks. (You can look inside the demo project to see how it works)
Red


Okay. Nice!


My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom










Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

There is now a pen-rendered number option as suggested by braxbroscratcher!

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Boosting
Up
My Shop's
Potential

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Braxbroscratcher's order is complete.

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Bump

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

There are now formatting options available!

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

The # Custom Number Engine Shop # is now in the Shop Directory!

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

Heykittykitty
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Add-ons: Colour, Drag and Drop (dragablity)
Formatting: Money, Commas
Fonts: Mystery and Scratch, Purple.
Other Features: None.
Additional Services: More fonts; Grand hotel: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/103930704





ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Heykittykitty wrote:

Add-ons: Colour, Drag and Drop (dragablity)
Formatting: Money, Commas
Fonts: Mystery and Scratch, Purple.
Other Features: None.
Additional Services: More fonts; Grand hotel: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/103930704
Okay, your order has been taken.
Due to a recent update, the engine will come with all effects built-in at a high level of efficiency.
Your order is expected to be ready next weekend.

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Updates:
  • New Template ordering system
  • Pen support for dragability
  • Improved way to add Effects
  • added font list
  • added Disclaimer

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Heykittykitty's order is finished.

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

programma07
Scratcher
36 posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

Hi, I would like one with these:

Costumes (template)
Dragability (add-on)
Commas, Money (formatting)
Scratch, Helectivia (fonts)
No additional services,
No other features.

Thank you for this shop, again.


programma07, the middle school kid that is exceptional at programming.

when green flag clicked
forever
wait (1) secs
regain sanity ::custom
change [wasted time v] by (1)
end

please check out my profile

programma07
Scratcher
36 posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

programma07 wrote:

Hi, I would like one with these:

Costumes (template)
Dragability (add-on)
Commas, Money (formatting)
Scratch, Helectivia (fonts)
No additional services,
No other features.

Thank you for this shop, again.

Oh, and font color of red
(i have full customization with “color” and "brightness (to make it black.))

programma07, the middle school kid that is exceptional at programming.

when green flag clicked
forever
wait (1) secs
regain sanity ::custom
change [wasted time v] by (1)
end

please check out my profile

ngnhc
Scratcher
100+ posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

programma07 wrote:

programma07 wrote:

Hi, I would like one with these:

Costumes (template)
Dragability (add-on)
Commas, Money (formatting)
Scratch, Helectivia (fonts)
No additional services,
No other features.

Thank you for this shop, again.

Oh, and font color of red
(i have full customization with “color” and "brightness (to make it black.))

Sure thing.

Just one detail, did you want “Drag and Drop” or “Click, Drag, Click” for the dragability?
If you don't reply, I will just include both of them.

Other than that, expect your order to be ready Saturday or Sunday.

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Visit the Custom Number Engine Shop # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

programma07
Scratcher
36 posts

# Custom Number Engine Shop #

ngnhc wrote:

programma07 wrote:

programma07 wrote:

Hi, I would like one with these:

Costumes (template)
Dragability (add-on)
Commas, Money (formatting)
Scratch, Helectivia (fonts)
No additional services,
No other features.

Thank you for this shop, again.

Oh, and font color of red
(i have full customization with “color” and "brightness (to make it black.))

Sure thing.

Just one detail, did you want “Drag and Drop” or “Click, Drag, Click” for the dragability?
If you don't reply, I will just include both of them.

Other than that, expect your order to be ready Saturday or Sunday.

Sorry, Drag And Drop.

programma07, the middle school kid that is exceptional at programming.

when green flag clicked
forever
wait (1) secs
regain sanity ::custom
change [wasted time v] by (1)
end

please check out my profile

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile