Discuss Scratch

Lithops
New to Scratch
21 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

Does anyone know when there will be a set of extensions for the new LEGO WeDo 2 wireless kit for either Macintosh or Windows?
susanaoubina
Scratcher
2 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

There is extension for MAC but your computer must work with bluetooth low energy .
Look at this link:
https://scratch.mit.edu/wedo

Regards,

Susana
SCRAXE
New to Scratch
72 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

The (third party) s2bot helper app also adds support for the WeDo 2.0 for older computers (such as Windows XP / 7, Mac OS 10.6+ etc.) by using an external bluetooth USB dongle. It works for most versions of Windows, Mac and Linux.

http://www.picaxe.com/s2bot
TeachTheMachines
Scratcher
4 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

I am having trouble connecting my WeDo 2.0 to Scratch.

I have a Bluetooth LE capable Mac.

I open Scratch, install extensions, open the Scratch Device Manager, and get to the point where the Device Manager says “Found a LEGO WeDo 2.0 Please wait, this may take a moment.” It never connects, though, even with following button-pushing instructions. Just spins saying “Found…” but doesn't connect.

However, when I opened up this new Scratch window in order to get to the discussions, it momentarily showed a connection. Bingo…until I went back to the window with a newly created Scratch project with extensions, then the Device manager went back to “Found a LEGO WeDo….”

Help!
susanaoubina
Scratcher
2 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

Hi,
I tried WeDo2.0 with Scratch 2.0 using this laptop: Mac book Pro.
I needed to buy a Bluetooth 4.0 low energy for my laptop. (See https://www.amazon.es/dp/B00H8O8CMO/ref=pe_386191_51767771_TE_dp_1)
After several tests, I realized that only worked with scratch offline. Yes, WeDo 2.0 works well with scratch 2.0 offline in Mac.
Before turning on the laptop, you must connect the USB Bluetooth 4.0 LE.
You can see my first try at this link: https://vimeo.com/159923790

Regards,

Susana
PD: You have installed the Wedo 2.0 software? Even if you work with the scratch, you need to install the WeDo2.0 software

Last edited by susanaoubina (March 23, 2016 16:44:32)

jppark
New to Scratch
1 post

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

Hi, I'm very first to be here. Thanks to all who helps others.

I'm using Win10 devices. Is there any way to use Wedo2.0 on my devices?
karaibe
New to Scratch
1 post

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

Hi makers,
i have the same problem connecting my new Wedo 2.0 with local scratch 2.0 on my Windows 10 PC equiped with a CSL 4.0 BLE.
However it works well with the LegoWedo software.
and it's written in clear here "https://scratch.mit.edu/wedo"
is there anything new ?
I'd like it works for christmas
Thanks
L2DBEnterprises
New to Scratch
4 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 54.0.2840.71, Flash 23.0 (release 0)

My Computer Does Not Run OS X.
Scratch_Mapping
Scratcher
100+ posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

L2DBEnterprises wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 54.0.2840.71, Flash 23.0 (release 0)

My Computer Does Not Run OS X.
That thread is old

 :: obsolete
:: #FFFFFF
:: pen
maravca
Scratcher
1 post

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

I have downloaded the Scratch Device Manager and it is not working. It never gets to the point of asking me to connect to any device. It just keep on presenting the same screen over and over again: “Open Scratch Click `Add an Extension´ in Scratch”. What is the problem?
theborgfamily
New to Scratch
2 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch


Similar but more recent discussion can be found via following thread


Scratch and Wedo 2.0 by BibTheLion
victorpantea
New to Scratch
3 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

maravca wrote:

I have downloaded the Scratch Device Manager and it is not working. It never gets to the point of asking me to connect to any device. It just keep on presenting the same screen over and over again: “Open Scratch Click `Add an Extension´ in Scratch”. What is the problem?

It's caused by net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error in JavaScript.

You just have to set up you TCP/IP v.4 DNS address on the network adapter you are using (it's not important using browser or offline editor). Try for example google's DNS 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 or any DNS address from your ISP.

Last edited by victorpantea (Jan. 20, 2017 00:01:20)

victorpantea
New to Scratch
3 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

I have also discovered that it's not working if an manual proxy address is in use.
Toyota786
New to Scratch
5 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

Hi there,

Anyone has alternative solution to make these work together: Windows 7 & LEGO WeDo 2.0 & Scratch? I was not able to run Device Manager as I require Windows 10. There is no app either for running on my Samsung Tab.

Thanks!
Toyota786
New to Scratch
5 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

Finally managed to find a solution.

For non iPad or Android tablets:

1) Lego Wedo 2 software

- Download the above software
- Required: Bluegiga BLED112-V1


2) On line (https://scratch.mit.edu/) or Off line Sratch

- Required: Bluegiga BLED112-V1

From this thread: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/37349/

Try the unofficial plugin: www.picaxe.com/s2bot

Check which s2bot to use (native or app), and then download it.

Go to http://www.picaxe.com/docs/s2bot.pdf and follow instructions to read Notes on using the Lego WeDo 2.0 (BLE) with S2Bot

Please note: “The S2Bot software does not use the in-built ‘Add Extensions’ feature of Scratch 2, so do not use the
‘Add Extensions’ button. Instead simply open the .sb2 template file provided, as opening this file will
automatically configure Scratch correctly”.

Let it roll!


PinkyPepper
Scratcher
100+ posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

Hello Toyota786,

thanks so much for sharing!!!

I just downloaded the s2bot-software and it works really well with Windows 7. I am really happy with this solution. I hope it'll work on my laptop too. I am gonna check that later today.

Greetings, PinkyPepper
PinkyPepper
Scratcher
100+ posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

Toyota786 wrote:

Finally managed to find a solution.

For non iPad or Android tablets:

1) Lego Wedo 2 software

- Download the above software
- Required: Bluegiga BLED112-V1


2) On line (https://scratch.mit.edu/) or Off line Sratch

- Required: Bluegiga BLED112-V1

From this thread: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/37349/

Try the unofficial plugin: www.picaxe.com/s2bot

Check which s2bot to use (native or app), and then download it.

Go to http://www.picaxe.com/docs/s2bot.pdf and follow instructions to read Notes on using the Lego WeDo 2.0 (BLE) with S2Bot

Please note: “The S2Bot software does not use the in-built ‘Add Extensions’ feature of Scratch 2, so do not use the
‘Add Extensions’ button. Instead simply open the .sb2 template file provided, as opening this file will
automatically configure Scratch correctly”.

Let it roll!



Yeah, it also works on the laptops I use for my Scratch workshops. One has Windows 8 and one has Windows 10.

Thank you very much for sharing this information. I am very happy to be able to use WeDo 2.0 in my workshops from now on. The only disadvantage is that these dongels are quite expensive in my opinion.

Greetings!
Toyota786
New to Scratch
5 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

PinkyPepper,

Great to hear all went well! My laptop is Windows 7, and I even managed to use Windows XP (on my other laptop) to control LEGO WeDo 2.0 plus Scratch.

Cheers!
PinkyPepper
Scratcher
100+ posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

Toyota786 wrote:

PinkyPepper,

Great to hear all went well! My laptop is Windows 7, and I even managed to use Windows XP (on my other laptop) to control LEGO WeDo 2.0 plus Scratch.

Cheers!

Hi,

did you also try using Scratch with the BBC micro:bit yet? When I read that this S2Bot software is also able to connect the micro:bit to Scratch using the same UBS dongel I decided to give it a try. I ordered one yesterday from a website that sells them in the Netherlands. I hope it works just as good.

Cheers!
stlee987
Scratcher
2 posts

WeDo 2.0 and Scratch

For Windows 10 users, if you upgraded to the Creators Update (or was forced to do so by Microsoft), then WeDo 2.0 extension will no longer work. Scratch Device Manager will display “Connecting…” after you press the green button on your WeDo, but it will fail to connect. I also noticed that in Windows 10, Settings, Bluetooth panel, it is able to be paired with the WeDo device but it also cannot connect. This might be the source of the problem.

LEGO fixed the Bluetooth issue in the WeDo 2.0 software (see https://education.lego.com/en-us/support/wedo-2). Make sure you have at least version 1.6.18. However, it seems the same problem still exists in the Scratch WeDo 2.0 extension. FYI, I have a Windows 10 machine that was not upgraded to the Creators Update and it works.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile