Discuss Scratch

Ataxaos
Scratcher
500+ posts

can't post links

If certain project links are blocked, it's usually because the project ID resembles a phone number.
A project ID is the part of the numbers in the project link.

Project IDs that resemble phone numbers will be blocked by the filter in an attempt to block advertisements.

Instead of you contacting the Scratch Team, I'll just report this topic to them so they know.
Usually, this is a more direct and fast method to get a reply from them!

EDIT: I keep getting ninja'd by people today for some reason…

Last edited by Ataxaos (Feb. 20, 2016 14:22:03)

hOI! If you enjoy endless dodging games, you might like “MEGALOVANIA” or “Dodge This”! :3

——MEGALOVANIA————–Dodge This—————–It's a Tutoriel——–
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

can't post links

If you keep posting the same link over and over again, the filter thinks you are a spammer and might reject your comment. Is that perhaps what you are seeing?

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
thekidicegirl
Scratcher
45 posts

can't post links

Paddle2See wrote:

If you keep posting the same link over and over again, the filter thinks you are a spammer and might reject your comment. Is that perhaps what you are seeing?
I've received the spam warning before and they are 2 different warnings. Also, I've realised that the IDs are phone numbers, and scratch don't want us to give personal information.
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

can't post links

thekidicegirl wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

I've received the spam warning before and they are 2 different warnings. Also, I've realised that the IDs are phone numbers, and scratch don't want us to give personal information.
Perhaps that's what's going on…which link are you having trouble with?

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
thekidicegirl
Scratcher
45 posts

can't post links

Paddle2See wrote:

thekidicegirl wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

a band studio, and a gender equality studio.
footsocktoe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

can't post links

If it's true about phone numbers it means every studio created with the current series of 800**** studio numbers is going to be getting warnings if you try to link it.

SHOOT THE SPACE MONSTERS! ….. A game everyone can play! Bright colors, bonky sounds!
THE 12 BALLS OF CRAZY AL ……. New scrolling adventure game!

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

can't post links

thekidicegirl wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

thekidicegirl wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

a band studio, and a gender equality studio.
Links, please?

(credit to Za-Chary)

;
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

can't post links

I can't post the studio link for your band studio, it seems that /1880000/ is what causes it to trigger the filter. If I remove both of the /s from it it works.

I expect it's something to do with the phone filter, isn't 1-8xx used for some phone numbers in the US? I would suggest just removing filters for stuff like that, but maybe keep the general 10-digit number filter for now.

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

can't post links

stickfiregames wrote:

I can't post the studio link for your band studio, it seems that /1880000/ is what causes it to trigger the filter. If I remove both of the /s from it it works.

I expect it's something to do with the phone filter, isn't 1-8xx used for some phone numbers in the US? I would suggest just removing filters for stuff like that, but maybe keep the general 10-digit number filter for now.
Yeah, that's what's doing it. I've shut those filters off for now - it should work for you. I can't promise that they will stay off though - if we start getting spammed again, we will probably turn them back on

(credit to Za-Chary)

;
Iri-O
Scratcher
100+ posts

can't post links

I am now unable to post a link to another user's CC, which I wanted to advertise for on my profile. The project number is 96148883. Do you think that could be causing the problem?

Hope I've helped!
-Iri-O
The world is quiet here. -L.S. / V.F.D. | Proud editor of the Scratch Wiki. | Please close solved topics to help keep the forums neat. | abacusTender: /Hello.
ArrowlineDragon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

can't post links

footsocktoe wrote:

thekidicegirl wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/1833197/

OK, I just posted a link to a studio. Now you post it and let's see what happens.
it only works in forums. I can't do it in comments.

I don't think anybody can do it in comments.
I can… you just do the same thing as in the forums! btw you can also link like This on the forums(not in comments though), just click on the chain in the upper part of the screen or use this code:
[url=put your link here]Your text to link here[/url]
You can also color links like this:
[url=link][color=color] — Colored link, but the underline stays blue
Example: My profile

[url=link][color=color][u] — Colored link, with colored underline
Example: My profile.

Last edited by Fëanor (Sep. 22, SR 1368 3:79:01)

“Adventures are nasty disturbing uncomfortable things that make you late for dinner!”- Bilbo Baggins

“To die will be an awfully big adventure.”
- Peter Pan

Want to help us make an animated adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's amazing book, The Lord of the Rings? Click here(Studio) or here(Thread)!
Yelmut
Scratcher
52 posts

can't post links

XD

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.

~ Kevyn Aucoin