Discuss Scratch

jueschnei
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

ModShare IV is a place where you can share your Scratch and Scratch Mod projects! It currently supports Scratch 1.4, Bingo, Snap! and many more!

But ModShare is currently on a halt. We need some developers for a reboot, so if you are experienced with MySQL, PHP, JS, CSS and HTML and want to help, please contact me on my profile page.

Also, if you can recommend any stable Scratch 2 Mods we can allow on ModShare or want to suggest a new feature for ModShare, let us know with a reply. But please make sure that they aren't on the list of accepted or neglected Mods or features.

Accepted Mods
  • Scratch Tech, by teslatech/coler706
Neglected Mods
  • QWERTY, by IAP-Reloaded

Requested features
  • Automatic detection of the Mod for uploading projects, requested by IAP-Reloaded
Neglected features
  • Mod devs can “share” features, requested by IAP-Reloaded

Also come back to this page, as it will be updated regularly.
Scratch on!!

Last edited by jueschnei (Feb. 22, 2016 03:42:31)


Achievements:
2014-08-11 at 22:29:59 GMT+2: Reached my 100th post.
2015-11-03 at 20:00:00 GMT+2: Got my Scratch Wiki account.

Hello.
Thank you for reading my signature!
Have a nice day :)



Will somebody notice this? I'm still alive. Those six years went by like nothing. Enjoy 2020.
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot


> Looks at Fetch source code


Maybe we can use that once I finally get around to finishing it?

EDIT: Also, has jvvg/whoever given permission for you to use the name ‘ModShare’? If he hasn't, this can't be “official”.

Last edited by DigiTechs (Feb. 16, 2016 21:00:22)


I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.
jueschnei
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

DigiTechs wrote:


> Looks at Fetch source code


Maybe we can use that once I finally get around to finishing it?

EDIT: Also, has jvvg/whoever given permission for you to use the name ‘ModShare’? If he hasn't, this can't be “official”.
This is the official ModShare run by jvvg, I am just managing developers and requests. This has been decided in the weekly Scratch Club between Wiki members, a ST member and jvvg accepted (although I think we might have overrun him with this ).

Achievements:
2014-08-11 at 22:29:59 GMT+2: Reached my 100th post.
2015-11-03 at 20:00:00 GMT+2: Got my Scratch Wiki account.

Hello.
Thank you for reading my signature!
Have a nice day :)



Will somebody notice this? I'm still alive. Those six years went by like nothing. Enjoy 2020.
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

Cool!

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

jueschnei wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:


> Looks at Fetch source code


Maybe we can use that once I finally get around to finishing it?

EDIT: Also, has jvvg/whoever given permission for you to use the name ‘ModShare’? If he hasn't, this can't be “official”.
This is the official ModShare run by jvvg, I am just managing developers and requests. This has been decided in the weekly Scratch Club between Wiki members, a ST member and jvvg accepted (although I think we might have overrun him with this ).

Okay, that's awesome. As I said earlier, I'm working on Fetch so it may be possible that we can use that as a base. I'm planning on getting a gwiddle site setup soon so we can host on that, and then maybe move over to somewhere else if we need to.

EDIT: Okay, the current “bleeding edge” version is live. If you check the GitHub repo, there's a link there.

And for a fun little fact; this version is so “bleeding edge” that the only thing that works is the error page!

Last edited by DigiTechs (Feb. 16, 2016 22:26:44)


I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

Neat! Will I be able to use my old Mod Share account?
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

Jonathan50 wrote:

Neat! Will I be able to use my old Mod Share account?

If we're using Fetch as a base, that depends on how passwords were stored previously, and how hard it will be to “migrate” them to the new format which I'm currently using. It also depends on somebody's stance towards giving out a database dump which one person will have to manually trawl through for a bit.

I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.
IAP-Reloaded
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

@jvvg let me help with this project. He also said I could share my mod with it. So, with no further ado, here you go: QWERTY on GitHub.

Also, I have a cool idea. Or two. I keep coming up with them.

Anyways, why not make it so that mods would have code that allows ModShare to automatically determine the mod! That would be nice, and I would definitely use it.

The other idea I had was Mod Accounts. Sure, just setup a Scratch account for it, but how would you share features? Mod Accounts would be able to share projects, but also would have a feature list, credits, and changelog. GitHub and forum topic links would also exist near the bottom.

Last edited by IAP-Reloaded (Feb. 17, 2016 00:05:22)

liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

PHP? But why..?

This is a really interesting project

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

liam48D wrote:

PHP? But why..?

This is a really interesting project

*originally* I was going to write Fetch in C# with .NET and stuff, but then I realised that it would be much easier for people to contribute if it was written in PHP. I looked at node.js and things centered around that, but they didn't look too great and I wanted something I was familiar with

I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.
jueschnei
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

DigiTechs wrote:

jueschnei wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:


> Looks at Fetch source code


Maybe we can use that once I finally get around to finishing it?

EDIT: Also, has jvvg/whoever given permission for you to use the name ‘ModShare’? If he hasn't, this can't be “official”.
This is the official ModShare run by jvvg, I am just managing developers and requests. This has been decided in the weekly Scratch Club between Wiki members, a ST member and jvvg accepted (although I think we might have overrun him with this ).

Okay, that's awesome. As I said earlier, I'm working on Fetch so it may be possible that we can use that as a base. I'm planning on getting a gwiddle site setup soon so we can host on that, and then maybe move over to somewhere else if we need to.

EDIT: Okay, the current “bleeding edge” version is live. If you check the GitHub repo, there's a link there.

And for a fun little fact; this version is so “bleeding edge” that the only thing that works is the error page!

DigiTechs wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

Neat! Will I be able to use my old Mod Share account?

If we're using Fetch as a base, that depends on how passwords were stored previously, and how hard it will be to “migrate” them to the new format which I'm currently using. It also depends on somebody's stance towards giving out a database dump which one person will have to manually trawl through for a bit.
We will continue the development of the current ModShare IV, which is on Assembla. So yes, you will be able to use and login to your old account with all your Projects!

IAP-Reloaded wrote:

@jvvg let me help with this project. He also said I could share my mod with it. So, with no further ado, here you go: QWERTY on GitHub.

Also, I have a cool idea. Or two. I keep coming up with them.

Anyways, why not make it so that mods would have code that allows ModShare to automatically determine the mod! That would be nice, and I would definitely use it.

The other idea I had was Mod Accounts. Sure, just setup a Scratch account for it, but how would you share features? Mod Accounts would be able to share projects, but also would have a feature list, credits, and changelog. GitHub and forum topic links would also exist near the bottom.
1) For helping, please contact me on my profile.
2) For your Mod, could you send me a precompiled SWF?
3) Nice idea! Approved!
4) I don't quite understand. Do you want accounts for ModERATORS or ModIFICATIONS? Also, what do you mean with “sharing features”?

Achievements:
2014-08-11 at 22:29:59 GMT+2: Reached my 100th post.
2015-11-03 at 20:00:00 GMT+2: Got my Scratch Wiki account.

Hello.
Thank you for reading my signature!
Have a nice day :)



Will somebody notice this? I'm still alive. Those six years went by like nothing. Enjoy 2020.
IAP-Reloaded
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

IAP-Reloaded wrote:

@jvvg let me help with this project. He also said I could share my mod with it. So, with no further ado, here you go: QWERTY on GitHub.

Also, I have a cool idea. Or two. I keep coming up with them.

Anyways, why not make it so that mods would have code that allows ModShare to automatically determine the mod! That would be nice, and I would definitely use it.

The other idea I had was Mod Accounts. Sure, just setup a Scratch account for it, but how would you share features? Mod Accounts would be able to share projects, but also would have a feature list, credits, and changelog. GitHub and forum topic links would also exist near the bottom.
1) For helping, please contact me on my profile.
2) For your Mod, could you send me a precompiled SWF?
3) Nice idea! Approved!
4) I don't quite understand. Do you want accounts for ModERATORS or ModIFICATIONS? Also, what do you mean with “sharing features”?
1. Done.
2. There is a thread on this forum for QWERTY.
3. Thanks!
4. For modifications. Also, “sharing features” meant telling people what their mod does.
jueschnei
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

IAP-Reloaded wrote:

-snip-
1) For helping, please contact me on my profile.
2) For your Mod, could you send me a precompiled SWF?
3) Nice idea! Approved!
4) I don't quite understand. Do you want accounts for ModERATORS or ModIFICATIONS? Also, what do you mean with “sharing features”?
1. Done.
2. There is a thread on this forum for QWERTY.
3. Thanks!
4. For modifications. Also, “sharing features” meant telling people what their mod does.
2&4) Ok, thanks! I'll take a look.

Last edited by jueschnei (Feb. 17, 2016 18:33:39)


Achievements:
2014-08-11 at 22:29:59 GMT+2: Reached my 100th post.
2015-11-03 at 20:00:00 GMT+2: Got my Scratch Wiki account.

Hello.
Thank you for reading my signature!
Have a nice day :)



Will somebody notice this? I'm still alive. Those six years went by like nothing. Enjoy 2020.
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

-snip- I misread a post (see two posts below)

Last edited by Jonathan50 (Feb. 18, 2016 04:15:13)

jueschnei
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

Jonathan50 wrote:

jueschnei wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

Neat! Will I be able to use my old Mod Share account?

If we're using Fetch as a base, that depends on how passwords were stored previously, and how hard it will be to “migrate” them to the new format which I'm currently using. It also depends on somebody's stance towards giving out a database dump which one person will have to manually trawl through for a bit.
We will continue the development of the current ModShare IV, which is on Assembla. So yes, you will be able to use and login to your old account with all your Projects!
ModShare IV isn't based on Assembla, the code is just hosted on Assembla.
I know, I just meant exactly what said. I just wanted to mention that the code is already freely accessible

Achievements:
2014-08-11 at 22:29:59 GMT+2: Reached my 100th post.
2015-11-03 at 20:00:00 GMT+2: Got my Scratch Wiki account.

Hello.
Thank you for reading my signature!
Have a nice day :)



Will somebody notice this? I'm still alive. Those six years went by like nothing. Enjoy 2020.
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

jueschnei wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

jueschnei wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

Neat! Will I be able to use my old Mod Share account?

If we're using Fetch as a base, that depends on how passwords were stored previously, and how hard it will be to “migrate” them to the new format which I'm currently using. It also depends on somebody's stance towards giving out a database dump which one person will have to manually trawl through for a bit.
We will continue the development of the current ModShare IV, which is on Assembla. So yes, you will be able to use and login to your old account with all your Projects!
ModShare IV isn't based on Assembla, the code is just hosted on Assembla.
I know, I just meant exactly what said. I just wanted to mention that the code is already freely accessible
What? Oops! I must've misread your post!
I thought you said Mod Share IV was based on Assembla. nvm
NoMod-Programming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

Jonathan50 wrote:

jueschnei wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

jueschnei wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

Neat! Will I be able to use my old Mod Share account?

If we're using Fetch as a base, that depends on how passwords were stored previously, and how hard it will be to “migrate” them to the new format which I'm currently using. It also depends on somebody's stance towards giving out a database dump which one person will have to manually trawl through for a bit.
We will continue the development of the current ModShare IV, which is on Assembla. So yes, you will be able to use and login to your old account with all your Projects!
ModShare IV isn't based on Assembla, the code is just hosted on Assembla.
I know, I just meant exactly what said. I just wanted to mention that the code is already freely accessible
What? Oops! I must've misread your post!
I thought you said Mod Share IV was based on Assembla. nvm
I read it that way at first too… I was just too lazy to post bc I was logged out.

Long-since moved on from Scratch, if you need to find all my posts, search this in google: 3499447a51c01fc4dc1e8c3b8182b41cb0e88c67
DigiTechs
Scratcher
500+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

Just looked at the Mod Share IV source code, and that is *really* bad, in my opinion. Tables, everything mashed into one page, etc.

I would help, but considering the state of some of the pages, I really don't see why we just re-write it.

I do, in fact, have my own site; it's here.
I'm also working on a thing called Fetch. Look at it here!
@thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain. @thisandagain pls explain.
jueschnei
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

jueschnei wrote:

IAP-Reloaded wrote:

-snip-
1) For helping, please contact me on my profile.
2) For your Mod, could you send me a precompiled SWF?
3) Nice idea! Approved!
4) I don't quite understand. Do you want accounts for ModERATORS or ModIFICATIONS? Also, what do you mean with “sharing features”?
1. Done.
2. There is a thread on this forum for QWERTY.
3. Thanks!
4. For modifications. Also, “sharing features” meant telling people what their mod does.
2&4) Ok, thanks! I'll take a look.
Sorry that it took so long, but both your Mod and your feature are neglected. But thank you anyways for your ideas.

DigiTechs wrote:

Just looked at the Mod Share IV source code, and that is *really* bad, in my opinion. Tables, everything mashed into one page, etc.

I would help, but considering the state of some of the pages, I really don't see why we just re-write it.
Maybe. I need to discuss that with @jvvg, but he is busy at the moment.

Achievements:
2014-08-11 at 22:29:59 GMT+2: Reached my 100th post.
2015-11-03 at 20:00:00 GMT+2: Got my Scratch Wiki account.

Hello.
Thank you for reading my signature!
Have a nice day :)



Will somebody notice this? I'm still alive. Those six years went by like nothing. Enjoy 2020.
IAP-Reloaded
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Official] ModShare Reboot

jueschnei wrote:

jueschnei wrote:

IAP-Reloaded wrote:

-snip-
1) For helping, please contact me on my profile.
2) For your Mod, could you send me a precompiled SWF?
3) Nice idea! Approved!
4) I don't quite understand. Do you want accounts for ModERATORS or ModIFICATIONS? Also, what do you mean with “sharing features”?
1. Done.
2. There is a thread on this forum for QWERTY.
3. Thanks!
4. For modifications. Also, “sharing features” meant telling people what their mod does.
2&4) Ok, thanks! I'll take a look.
Sorry that it took so long, but both your Mod and your feature are neglected. But thank you anyways for your ideas.
Why was it denied?

Edit 1: Also, you misspelled QWERTY.

Edit 2: I never said “Sharing features”. I meant a different type of ModShare account for modifications only.

Last edited by IAP-Reloaded (Feb. 21, 2016 23:05:45)

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile