Discuss Scratch

MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AI- learn how to use scratch to make artifical intellegence

mlg12354jj wrote:

can someone pleze tell me how to make artificial intelligence in scratch?
Yes, I'm sure someone can tell you

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

mlg12354jj wrote:

If you make a self-aware AI in scratch it could probably tell you jkjk

If you want to make AI, it might be easiest to start with something like The ELIZA Doctor.
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NickyNouse wrote:

If you want to make AI, it might be easiest to start with something like The ELIZA Doctor.
It's great:
I am the psychotherapist.  Please, describe your problems.  Each time
you are finished talking, type RET twice.

Hello.

How do you do? What brings you to see me?

I just wanted to say hi.

I believe we've introduced ourselves already.
I would appreciate it if you would tell me about your plans.

What plans?

Why do you say what plans?

Because you said you would appreciate it if I would tell you about my plans.

Is it because I said I would appreciate it if you would tell me about
your plans that you came to me?

No, that happened after I came to you.

Does it bother you that happened after you came to me?

Not at all.

Earlier you said I said I would appreciate it if you would tell me
about your plans?

Yes, I did...

Maybe your life has something to do with this.

What?

Can you elaborate on that?

No.

Why not?

Perhaps you could continue.

No, I can't.

Is it because of the people you hang around with that you say you
cannot?

No.

Are you annoyed that I ask that?

Yes.

I see... Well, what makes you believe this is so?

Goodbye!

My secretary will send you a bill.

Goodbye.

Bye bye.

Goodbye.

See ya.

GOODBYE!

Ok, talk to you some other time.

Go away

Talk to you later.

Please leave me.

You mentioned that happened after you came to me?

Go on, don't be afraid.

Last edited by Jonathan50 (Oct. 16, 2016 23:59:57)

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
HpInkJet
Scratcher
83 posts

blob8108 wrote:

This topic fits here. Your project sounds cool

flutehamster wrote:

This would be interesting to implement.
Anyone else made or making interesting things using AI?
I’m researching on how to make a Reinforcement based AI (a class of AI that rewards the bot for good behavior, like not running into a wall.) for a crappy car racing game I made. Hence scrolling through this discussion on AI!
HpInkJet
Scratcher
83 posts

NickyNouse wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

mlg12354jj wrote:

If you make a self-aware AI in scratch it could probably tell you jkjk

It’s impossible to make a self aware AI with the hardware humanity has right now. We simply need to have some technological advances memory and processing speed wise to get to that point. We also don’t even know what it means to be self aware or have a conciseness! so I think we’re very very far away from a bot like that. (I know you were joking I’m just trying to prove a point XD)

Last edited by HpInkJet (Nov. 16, 2019 18:37:02)

-CodePro-
Scratcher
100+ posts

HpInkJet wrote:

It’s impossible to make a self aware AI with the hardware humanity has right now. We simply need to have some technological advances memory and processing speed wise to get to that point. We also don’t even know what it means to be self aware or have a conciseness! so I think we’re very very far away from a bot like that. (I know you were joking I’m just trying to prove a point XD)
The tech is probably not that far off:

https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2018/09/graphene-breakthrough-opens-the-door-to-terahertz-computer-chips/
(not too far away I say)

https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2018/05/groundbreaking-experiment-proves-dna-computers-could-be-the-most-powerful-on-earth/
(probably far off)

https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2017/03/new-storage-breakthrough-stores-215-petabytes-on-one-gram-of-dna/
(expensive and slow)

https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2019/10/world-first-as-google-achieves-quantum-supremacy-but-ibm-tries-to-spoil-the-party/

also optical computers which can be millions of times faster. (might even get them within a decade)

Plus https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2016/11/scientists-have-found-the-seat-of-human-consciousness/ (sort of)

Last edited by -CodePro- (Nov. 17, 2019 04:15:02)

This is my signature, it appears below my every post. Want to change yours? Use the code below in your browsers console.
this.document.location = "https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/" + Scratch.INIT_DATA.LOGGED_IN_USER.model.username

The more you do now, the less you need to do later. - Me, and a bunch of other people saying it in slightly different ways.
EndOfFile
New to Scratch
13 posts

Artificial intelligence at a functional level with more than 10-15 factors (factors beingpixels, grids of senses, etc) would be so fundamentally complex that it would be nearly impossible performance wise. “Advanced strategy/very advanced algorithms for string formatting, understanding grammar, etc” can be made in scratch, though since this is a kids-orientated language I doubt people would create it on here

Python and C# is the absolute way to go, and heck, you learn a useful language out of it
Wettining
Scratcher
500+ posts

EndOfFile wrote:

Artificial intelligence at a functional level with more than 10-15 factors (factors beingpixels, grids of senses, etc) would be so fundamentally complex that it would be nearly impossible performance wise. “Advanced strategy/very advanced algorithms for string formatting, understanding grammar, etc” can be made in scratch, though since this is a kids-orientated language I doubt people would create it on here

Python and C# is the absolute way to go, and heck, you learn a useful language out of it
It has been made on here
HpInkJet
Scratcher
83 posts

-CodePro- wrote:

HpInkJet wrote:

The tech is probably not that far off:

https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2018/09/graphene-breakthrough-opens-the-door-to-terahertz-computer-chips/
(not too far away I say)

https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2018/05/groundbreaking-experiment-proves-dna-computers-could-be-the-most-powerful-on-earth/
(probably far off)

https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2017/03/new-storage-breakthrough-stores-215-petabytes-on-one-gram-of-dna/
(expensive and slow)

https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2019/10/world-first-as-google-achieves-quantum-supremacy-but-ibm-tries-to-spoil-the-party/

also optical computers which can be millions of times faster. (might even get them within a decade)

Plus https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2016/11/scientists-have-found-the-seat-of-human-consciousness/ (sort of)

Ok fine… perhaps we have the hardware for it. But! We still fully understand conciseness meaning we can’t make a AI that thinks like a human.
HpInkJet
Scratcher
83 posts

aptitude wrote:

An advanced AI Chatbot would be cool, but programming it to actually learn would take quite a while. It would be cool, though, and it would be better than most of the chatbots out there that can answer around…
three things…

You know what WOULD be cool, though? Making a cleverbot-esque chatbot with cloud variables that could learn from a group. It'd have to have a whitelist, though, and a different server and
You know what? Nevermind. Let's start with the regular chatbots for now.

Actually chat bots are already quite smart I heard in this one study people couldn’t tell the difference between Ai and human (I don’t remember the exact data). check out this one out it’s supposedly very very smart..
http://www.mitsuku.com/
(I don’t know the name of the study just take my word for it )

Last edited by HpInkJet (Nov. 20, 2019 14:27:17)

LastContinue
Scratcher
500+ posts

HpInkJet wrote:

aptitude wrote:

An advanced AI Chatbot would be cool, but programming it to actually learn would take quite a while. It would be cool, though, and it would be better than most of the chatbots out there that can answer around…
three things…

You know what WOULD be cool, though? Making a cleverbot-esque chatbot with cloud variables that could learn from a group. It'd have to have a whitelist, though, and a different server and

Actually chat bots are already quite smart I heard in this one study people couldn’t tell the difference between Ai and human (I don’t remember the exact data). check out this one out it’s supposedly very very smart..
Mitsuku is even worse than Replika and both are “terrible” as being Chatbots. They seem “human” at first, but you quickly realise their limitations. People make so many in jokes, cultural references, etc that you'd effectively need an AI to know everything in the world.

Of course, something like that could (on paper) be possible with a massive decentralised Turing-complete network (think Ethereum but without the block gas limit and without fees THAT HIGH) and we're good.
HpInkJet
Scratcher
83 posts

LastContinue wrote:

HpInkJet wrote:

aptitude wrote:

three things…

Mitsuku is even worse than Replika and both are “terrible” as being Chatbots. They seem “human” at first, but you quickly realise their limitations. People make so many in jokes, cultural references, etc that you'd effectively need an AI to know everything in the world.

Of course, something like that could (on paper) be possible with a massive decentralised Turing-complete network (think Ethereum but without the block gas limit and without fees THAT HIGH) and we're good.

Alright alright my example wasn't the best..
LostLittleChick738
Scratcher
500+ posts

mlg12354jj wrote:

Please create your own topic instead of necroposting.

"when life gives you lemons, don't give them to chickens." -me
now, I am not a chicken, despite my name.
i just like them. check out me projects:

Jeffalo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LostLittleChick738 wrote:

mlg12354jj wrote:

ironic

disclaimer: sometimes my posts are pretty critical of the scratch team (especially my older ones), but i really do scratch & scratch team. jvvg made a short essay thing about the scratch team, which is a pretty good read, if you want a different perspective for the scratch team's actions.

my website: jeffalo.net | ocular: scratch forum search

LostLittleChick738
Scratcher
500+ posts

Jeffalo wrote:

mlg12354jj wrote:

ironic
Huh.

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jeffalo wrote:

mlg12354jj wrote:

ironic
Huh.
You necroposted by telling them not to necropost (last post here was on 2019-11-20)

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
LostLittleChick738
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

Jeffalo wrote:

mlg12354jj wrote:

ironic
Huh.
You necroposted by telling them not to necropost (last post here was on 2019-11-20)
I'm new ok??

Last edited by LostLittleChick738 (May 7, 2020 11:34:41)