Discuss Scratch

Eqqy
Scratcher
8 posts

Custom fonts

Custom fonts are the fonts that you have on your computer. I want to have custom fonts on Scratch 2.0 because Scratch 1.4 had the ability to do them.
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

Cool idea! I requested this to be moved to suggestions because it seemed a better fit there.

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

We used to have that in 1.4 - but it did cause a lot of problems. Projects that looked great on one computer would look not-so-great on another computer that didn't have the same set of fonts. Trying to capture the entire font definition in the project would take care of that issue but make the projects much larger. So we decided to go with a few standard fonts - but you can still bring in costume text by either importing the letters as images or vector objects. More work for you - but it guarantees that it will work on all computers.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;
Zeyphr
Scratcher
100+ posts

Custom fonts

How about more fonts?
fixedsys is best font

_;_ PRAISE SEMICOLON.

Show me some gears!
Zro716
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

perhaps if just a couple more fonts were added to the editor, that would make my day. it's getting quite boring to use the same five fonts (actually I only use like 3 of them). a fixed-width font like courier new would is really high in my list of wants as well as setting the font of the contents in list watchers (though that's a different topic)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Doodle-cats
Scratcher
500+ posts

Custom fonts

Maybe just have fonts added instead

Did anyone tell you I was a Time Lord? You should know. I live in Fourtrees, with my good friends Germany, England, America, and my fellow pokemon Skitty and Delcatty. We go to Hogwarts and battle Titans.
One last thing~ Never-I mean never-make France laugh.
France laughs [honhonhonhonhonhon] ::looks
Prinseskat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

Zro716 wrote:

perhaps if just a couple more fonts were added to the editor, that would make my day. it's getting quite boring to use the same five fonts (actually I only use like 3 of them). a fixed-width font like courier new would is really high in my list of wants as well as setting the font of the contents in list watchers (though that's a different topic)

Doodle-cats wrote:

Maybe just have fonts added instead

haha funny kumquat meme
ZubStudios
Scratcher
36 posts

Custom fonts

Eqqy wrote:

Custom fonts are the fonts that you have on your computer. I want to have custom fonts on Scratch 2.0 because Scratch 1.4 had the ability to do them.
I think that's a nice idea.

when green flag clicked
set [font v] effect to (horay!)
Alberknyis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

Zro716 wrote:

perhaps if just a couple more fonts were added to the editor, that would make my day. it's getting quite boring to use the same five fonts (actually I only use like 3 of them).

Helvetica, Gloria and Donegal

Everyone's favorite.
And there's actually… 6?

The other three are Mystery, Marker and Scratch.

I'd like more fonts but I saw Paddle's argument. If we're going to add three more fonts they better not be comic sans.

stop [all v] ::stack
matey1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

Alberknyis wrote:

Zro716 wrote:

perhaps if just a couple more fonts were added to the editor, that would make my day. it's getting quite boring to use the same five fonts (actually I only use like 3 of them).

Helvetica, Gloria and Donegal

Everyone's favorite.
And there's actually… 6?

The other three are Mystery, Marker and Scratch.

I'd like more fonts but I saw Paddle's argument. If we're going to add three more fonts they better not be comic sans.
Comic Sans…
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

But yeah, the current 6 fonts are getting boring. My favourite is Donegal.

| Artist | Gamer | Roleplayer | Weirdo | Lazy |

Alberknyis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

matey1234 wrote:

Comic Sans…
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

HAHAH.

Liek the entire Scratch Team wrote:

The three new fonts are going to be…

Papyrus.
Times New Roman.
COMIC SANS.


Good luck with the rest of your life.


stop [all v] ::stack
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

Zro716 wrote:

perhaps if just a couple more fonts were added to the editor, that would make my day. it's getting quite boring to use the same five fonts (actually I only use like 3 of them). a fixed-width font like courier new would is really high in my list of wants as well as setting the font of the contents in list watchers (though that's a different topic)
A few more fonts would be nice too.

matey1234 wrote:

Comic Sans…
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
That's an awesome font to have! Let's add it! NO WAY

Anyway, no support.

the silent signature | thin | sleek | non-disruptive | something else idk |
Superandultra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind comic sans.

Last edited by Superandultra (Feb. 22, 2015 10:52:40)


“Quoting yourself is a lazy and poor attempt at trying to make your argument seem professional and intimidating”-Superandultra 2015
Alberknyis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

Superandultra wrote:

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind comic sans.

CRAAAZZZYYY.


… Now what?

stop [all v] ::stack
CosmicHamster
Scratcher
100+ posts

Custom fonts

I like Comic Sans. What is all the hate about?

I support Comic Sans being added.

I'm just a little cosmic hamster from Planet NO, which is in another dimension. Are you, too?
(I'm also a forum lurker…)
#PrayForParis
Check out my games, if you want to. I make sure to share a cool variety, but even though I haven't shared much, I try to make each one count, but they can only count to 7 so far.


Coins ~ Ninety Degrees ~ Spiked Walls ~ Colourz ~ Bubble Popper ~ Candy Thief ~ Gameplace
TheGamingStar
Scratcher
500+ posts

Custom fonts

12 necroposts in a row!
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom fonts

TheGamingStar wrote:

12 necroposts in a row!

Well…

The suggestion still applies…
TheGamingStar
Scratcher
500+ posts

Custom fonts

Scratchifier wrote:

TheGamingStar wrote:

12 necroposts in a row!

Well…

The suggestion still applies…
I guess…

Thanks…
ShadowFlareX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Custom fonts

Comic sans lived in a day where people wanted a handwriting font, but back then technologies didn't allow for that in good quality.
So comic sans was created.





just to annoy you I put empty lines here <3







Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile