Discuss Scratch

happy__girl_123
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Scratch String Orchestra (***BASS AND CELLO PLAYERS NEEDED***)

Polaris- wrote:

I would join if I had a mic. Nice concept though, gonna follow to see what you guys do.
OK, glad you're interested though.

“No one in life is going to hand you a box of success in life- not Harvard, not MIT, not Oxford. You have to go out and make it.”
Gregor7667
Scratcher
1 post

Hey,

Username: Gregor7667
Instrument (violin, viola, cello, or bass): Viola (a decent one too. $5000)
Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, or advanced): Advanced
Amount of Time on Scratch: 11 Months
Have you Read the Guidelines? (Yes or No): Yes
Other (anything else you'd like to say): I am Principle Viola in the West Australian Youth Orchestra I guess… : /

Cheers,
Gregor7667

P.S. Love the concept! Great to see some initiative in the community!

Last edited by Gregor7667 (June 5, 2016 13:10:35)

TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Gregor7667 wrote:

Hey,

Other (anything else you'd like to say): I am Principle Viola in the West Australian Youth Orchestra I guess… : /

Cheers,
Gregor7667

Great! I'll add you.

Hello!
I'm TheAwesomeMaster: a middle school violist (someone who plays the viola), coder, artist, and writer! I also enjoy role-playing and helping out in the community.
| Profile | Wiki Page | Scratch String Orchestra | ᎪρᏂεℓ༏Ꮻ₪~ A Space Odyssey by Novakitty |
If you are reading this, comment “I have superpowers.” on my profile.
^._.^::control //This is Kallie. She is a certified siggy protector. She protects my siggy from kumquats.
happy__girl_123
Scratcher
500+ posts

TheAwesomeMaster wrote:

Gregor7667 wrote:

Hey,

Cheers,
Gregor7667

Great! I'll add you.
Do you have any projects of you playing? I would love to hear what you're instrument sounds like

“No one in life is going to hand you a box of success in life- not Harvard, not MIT, not Oxford. You have to go out and make it.”
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

happy__girl_123 wrote:

TheAwesomeMaster wrote:

Gregor7667 wrote:

Hey,

Cheers,
Gregor7667

Great! I'll add you.
Do you have any projects of you playing? I would love to hear what you're instrument sounds like
Not yet, but I'll see if I can do one soon. I don't know many arrangements where the viola has the melody.

Hello!
I'm TheAwesomeMaster: a middle school violist (someone who plays the viola), coder, artist, and writer! I also enjoy role-playing and helping out in the community.
| Profile | Wiki Page | Scratch String Orchestra | ᎪρᏂεℓ༏Ꮻ₪~ A Space Odyssey by Novakitty |
^._.^::control //This is Kallie. She is a certified siggy protector. She protects my siggy from kumquats.
BrightSpirit11
Scratcher
100+ posts

If you ever need a piano accompanist, I'd be happy to help!
Username: BrightSpirit11
Instrument: Piano
Skill Level: Intermediate
Amount of Time on Scratch: 2-4 hours a day, ten months one week
Read Guidelines?: Yes

Last edited by BrightSpirit11 (June 26, 2016 01:09:44)

Moe, Larry, the cheese!
Looking to do an art trade/request? Visit AnimalsFun's Art Shop today!
lightspeedmind134
Scratcher
100+ posts

Username:lightspeedmind134
Instrument (violin, viola, cello, or bass):cello
Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, or advanced):beginner(ish)
Amount of Time on Scratch:2 years one month
Have you Read the Guidelines? (Yes or No):yes
Other (anything else you'd like to say): i began cello on April, i can play medium speed, and i still use mnemonic devices to remember bass clef

Username:lightspeedmind134
Instrument (violin, viola, cello, or bass):violin
Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, or advanced):intermediate?(i can play medium fast and i can shift)
Amount of Time on Scratch:2 years one month
Have you Read the Guidelines? (Yes or No):yes
Other (anything else you'd like to say):i love strings!
lightspeedmind134
Scratcher
100+ posts

also, on the members list, if you add an @ before he username i think it makes the username into a link so that when someone presses it they go ter the person's profile.
lightspeedmind134
Scratcher
100+ posts

sorry if i seem like im spamming ut i forgot to mention that i will only have my current cello up untill the end of summer break, im borrowing it from my school :-3
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

also, on the members list, if you add an @ before he username i think it makes the username into a link so that when someone presses it they go ter the person's profile.
I thinks that's only in comments.

Thanks for joining! I'll try to add you as soon as I can. And we can get started, as we've got violins, violas, and cellos (if we get a bass player, that's great too, but the cellos can play the bass part if we don't get any).

Hello!
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BrightSpirit11 wrote:

If you ever need a piano accompanist, I'd be happy to help!
Username: BrightSpirit11
Instrument: Piano
Skill Level: Intermediate
Amount of Time on Scratch: 2-4 hours a day, ten months one week
Read Guidelines?: Yes

Awesome, thanks for joining! I'll add you as soon as I can.

Hello!
indiaLC
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheAwesomeMaster wrote:

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

Thanks for joining! I'll try to add you as soon as I can. And we can get started, as we've got violins, violas, and cellos (if we get a bass player, that's great too, but the cellos can play the bass part if we don't get any).
Actually you can do @ infront of anything, and on any place you can type text in scratch (apart from searching and in projects) and scratch will assume it's a username, which you can click and it will take you to they're page. e.g. @TheAwesomeMaster

indiaLC
Scratcher
100+ posts

indiaLC wrote:

TheAwesomeMaster wrote:

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

Actually you can do @ infront of anything, and on any place you can type text in scratch (apart from searching and in projects) and scratch will assume it's a username, which you can click and it will take you to they're page. e.g. @TheAwesomeMaster
or maybe i was wrong (sorry if you think i'm spamming)

TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

indiaLC wrote:

TheAwesomeMaster wrote:

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

You can do that only in comments, not in forums. In forums, you have to do this:
[url=scratch.mit.edu/users/TheAwesomeMaster]@TheAwesomeMaster[/url]

Hello!
indiaLC
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheAwesomeMaster wrote:

indiaLC wrote:

TheAwesomeMaster wrote:

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

You can do that only in comments, not in forums. In forums, you have to do this:
[url=scratch.mit.edu/users/TheAwesomeMaster]@TheAwesomeMaster[/url]
Oh.. Thanks for that info!

Hey are we going to, like make a project with the sound of us playing at any point??

lightspeedmind134
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheAwesomeMaster wrote:

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

oh, silly me

yay! thanks! can't wait
lightspeedmind134
Scratcher
100+ posts

can i ask a friend to join? he plays the violin, and is the same level as i am (string buddies!)
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

can i ask a friend to join? he plays the violin, and is the same level as i am (string buddies!)
Of course! That'd be great!

Hello!
lightspeedmind134
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheAwesomeMaster wrote:

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

Of course! That'd be great!
yay! invitation has been sent!
Liv4pink
Scratcher
100+ posts

can I reccomend a song we can play?_(ode to joy )_

Hi!I'm liv4pink and LOVE coding.