Discuss Scratch

Ritz1125
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Copyright and Trademark Services

aleynesansonnet wrote:

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

And besides. You, by sharing it here, accept the terms of the license and reject those of all others. The CCA-SA license overrides any copyright. Either that or Scratch removes it.
Would the government, who delivers most copyrights, be under the authority of the ST?
Why don't we get an ST member to resolve the issue now, so we can decide whether or not this is allowed and viable
Well, this was only started to try and enhance the CCA-SA license, just so people give credit to the original owner of the art/code/ect.

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ritz1125 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

And besides. You, by sharing it here, accept the terms of the license and reject those of all others. The CCA-SA license overrides any copyright. Either that or Scratch removes it.
Would the government, who delivers most copyrights, be under the authority of the ST?
Why don't we get an ST member to resolve the issue now, so we can decide whether or not this is allowed and viable
Well, this was only started to try and enhance the CCA-SA license, just so people give credit to the original owner of the art/code/ect.
Correct

Ritz1125
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Ritz1125 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Correct
Do you think that Paddle will approve of this? This started a flame war!

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ritz1125 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Ritz1125 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Correct
I really hope so

Lego-Lovin-Program
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Ritz1125 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Correct
However, with the All Rights Reserved thing, that is pushing it. I'm pretty sure that the other copyright types already are there by posting it on Scratch. Anyways, if someone broke the “All Rights Reserved” copyright, and remixed it with credit, what would you be able to do? Report it? You see, the only way this would work is if the Scratch Team made this official, with a Scratch team member overseeing it.

Credit to Sigton for the signature, ordered at Sigton's Shop

Click to edit your signature!
aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lego-Lovin-Program wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Ritz1125 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Correct
However, with the All Rights Reserved thing, that is pushing it. I'm pretty sure that the other copyright types already are there by posting it on Scratch. Anyways, if someone broke the “All Rights Reserved” copyright, and remixed it with credit, what would you be able to do? Report it? You see, the only way this would work is if the Scratch Team made this official, with a Scratch team member overseeing it.
We have made this argument before, we have our own punishment system that will be decided fairly with lawyers and all that. This is well developed, not something that would cause problem

Lego-Lovin-Program
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Ritz1125 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Ritz1125 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Correct
I really hope so
Me too. I'm not against the idea, I'm just trying to point out that it won't work, at least not without the Scratch Team's support. Should someone ask Paddle?

Lego-Lovin-Program
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aleynesansonnet wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Ritz1125 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Correct
We have made this argument before, we have our own punishment system that will be decided fairly with lawyers and all that. This is well developed, not something that would cause problem
But how would you enforce the punishments? If you have the punishment as refusing access to a copyright or other thing they may want, then they will get the Scratch Team to shut this down, and possibly punish members that went along with the punishing of the user.

dolphin_24
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll tell paddle.

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aleynesansonnet wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Ritz1125 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

braxbroscratcher wrote:

Correct
But how would you enforce the punishments? If you have the punishment as refusing access to a copyright or other thing they may want, then they will get the Scratch Team to shut this down, and possibly punish members that went along with the punishing of the user.
But if it was done in a fair manner with each side getting equal say and multiple people voting on the issue, as well as the ability to just ‘undo’ what you have done, it works.

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dolphin_24 wrote:

I'll tell paddle.
Thanks
Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

AryaPhoenix
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hello!
Username: AryaPhoenix
Description: My shop, ★Waves Of Sound★
Are you the Author of this Work? Yes. I created it and wrote the front page. I have borrowed a review template, but I have given credit for it.
Other Comments: Please can I have a certificate?
Thanks!

AryaPhoenix

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AryaPhoenix wrote:

Hello!
Are you the Author of this Work? Yes. I created it and wrote the front page. I have borrowed a review template, but I have given credit for it.
Thanks!

AryaPhoenix
Okay, expect it today.
EDIT:
[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1808735/][img]http://u.cubeupload.com/MegaByte/CertificateofCopyrig.jpg[/img][/url]

Last edited by MegaByteCorporations (Feb. 26, 2016 19:51:11)

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
AryaPhoenix
Scratcher
500+ posts

AryaPhoenix wrote:

Hello!
Thanks!

AryaPhoenix
Okay, expect it today.
EDIT:
[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1808735/][img]http://u.cubeupload.com/MegaByte/CertificateofCopyrig.png[/img][/url]
Thanks, but I did pick up on the spelling of phoenix as you spelt it with the ‘o’ and the ‘e’ the other way around.
If you could fix it that'd be great
Thanks for making it though!
EDIT- It's one of the only words I can spell right

AryaPhoenix

Last edited by AryaPhoenix (Feb. 23, 2016 21:01:59)

IAP-Reloaded
Scratcher
100+ posts

If you own a copyright/trademark please comment on my profile saying your username, the type, the image URL, and the copyrighted/trademarked name. I will be using this information for Library purposes only.
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AryaPhoenix wrote:

AryaPhoenix wrote:

Hello!
Thanks!

AryaPhoenix
Okay, expect it today.
EDIT:
[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/1808735/][img]http://u.cubeupload.com/MegaByte/CertificateofCopyrig.jpg[/img][/url]
Thanks, but I did pick up on the spelling of phoenix as you spelt it with the ‘o’ and the ‘e’ the other way around.

AryaPhoenix
Fixed! Copy'n'paste the new code.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
AryaPhoenix
Scratcher
500+ posts

AryaPhoenix wrote:

AryaPhoenix wrote:

Hello!
Thanks!

AryaPhoenix
Okay, expect it today.
EDIT:

AryaPhoenix
Fixed! Copy'n'paste the new code.
Thanks!
Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts!

GavinWinchell
Scratcher
100+ posts

Copyright Form

Username: @GavinWinchell
Product or Link to Product: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/101331441/
Type of Copyright: Project
Are you the Author of this Work? Y|N: Yes
If No, Permissions:
Other Comments:

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GavinWinchell wrote:

Copyright Form

Username: @GavinWinchell
Product or Link to Product: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/101331441/
Type of Copyright: Project
Are you the Author of this Work? Y|N: Yes
If No, Permissions:
Other Comments:
I'll look into it

kittykat_005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Username: kittykat_005
Product or Link to Product: I'm on mobile right now, so I can't get it right now. I'll get it later if that is ok. But, it is Joy's Quest, which is a 2D RPG platformer, that is story-based.
Type of Copyright: Nobody may use the art style or concept of this without permissions.
Are you the Author of this Work? Y|N: Yes.
If No, Permissions:
Other Comments: I would like a certificate.

Funny Doge memes.