Discuss Scratch

-InsanityPlays-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

heartfuI wrote:

YeahBoiSoCool wrote:

woah, how old is this
yes… i've try this but isn't woking. oof.
I don't know how to make the Location not given. please help me…..
when green flag clicked
forever
stop all haters
end
It doesn't work anymore.
Also please don't make a giant line.
3RD PAGE BOIS

Last edited by -InsanityPlays- (Sept. 1, 2020 13:40:55)

Welcome to my signature!
I've moved accounts. Anyway, did this post help you? Go follow me on my new account!
Today's Links: Scratch 4.0 Leaked Information, Astronomical - The Third, The Forum Community
follow me on scratch or i am sad, subscribe to my YouTube channel or bad luck for the rest of your life
My Final Shoutout: hekcer because in computer science class, he is the hekcerman
-InsanityPlays- Fan Studio! (closed) | Astronomical - The Third | Best of -InsanityPlays- 2020
my channel, my website, ctrl+shift+down for more STUFF

2020's Advent Collection:

more STUFF
Bluebatstar
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

Support, people should be able to set their location as Location Not Given, because right now people just select Antarctica if they don't want to say. And I think Location Not Given simply looks better.

Last edited by Bluebatstar (Sept. 1, 2020 13:46:25)

bigbigbigeeveefan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Location not given

Bluebatstar wrote:

Support, people should be able to set their location as Location Not Given, because right now people just select Antarctica if they don't want to say. And I think Location Not Given simply looks better.

Yes, and even worse is that, it feels like shareing personal information. Not that people choose a continent as their location or something but because they don't wanna tell their real location otherwise someone might find them and….rob them or something…..So, so that doesn't happen they choose a random location to keep it hush-hush from strangers.

None of this is meant in a rude way…but just saying, feels right to do that if you don't wanna share semi-personal information. it's even in the scratch community guidelines.

Hi, I'm bigbigbigeeveefan, you'll often see me in discussion forums like this one, or making fun projects!
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

bigbigbigeeveefan wrote:

Yes, and even worse is that, it feels like shareing personal information. Not that people choose a continent as their location or something but because they don't wanna tell their real location otherwise someone might find them and….rob them or something.
It is pretty much impossible to find a specific person just by their country alone.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

fdreerf wrote:

bigbigbigeeveefan wrote:

Yes, and even worse is that, it feels like shareing personal information. Not that people choose a continent as their location or something but because they don't wanna tell their real location otherwise someone might find them and….rob them or something.
It is pretty much impossible to find a specific person just by their country alone.
True, but what if it's a small contury? If they also share their name/age on profile it would be possible,,

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
leahcimto
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

mtech22 wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

bigbigbigeeveefan wrote:

True, but what if it's a small contury? If they also share their name/age on profile it would be possible,,
Well then don’t share your name and age. Simple solution.
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

mtech22 wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

bigbigbigeeveefan wrote:

Unless you live in the Vatican or on some tiny remote islands, every nation as at least 10,000 people, which makes it still improbable. And I doubt anyone would book a flight just to do [CRIME] to you.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Bluebatstar
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

I agree with @fdreerf's response to @bigbigbigeeveefan, but there are other reasons people might want to hide their country. They might simply feel uncomfortable with other people knowing, for instance.
However, you can already hide your country. You can select ‘Antarctica’ or anything else fake. However, I still support this for the reasons I mentioned in my above post.
JPOWERPUFFGIRLS
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

It is just easier to say Antarctica, or put some random country, they probably need your location for a reason

Onnk4967
Scratcher
84 posts

Location not given

NOT REMOVED scratch.mit.edu/users/period6student33/

Funny blocks:
<password :: sensing> // If griffpatch comes to the project
crash project :: control cap // XD
automatically follow [Onnk4967 v] :: motion // I shall be most followed
if you ate [1000] slices of pizza today then {} :: control // HUNGRY
I WIILL NEVER [eat again] :: looks hat // Aahh
SpaceBoy234
Scratcher
78 posts

Location not given

Onnk4967 wrote:

NOT REMOVED scratch.mit.edu/users/period6student33/
I think that is only a feature for student accounts.
Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

fdreerf wrote:

bigbigbigeeveefan wrote:

Not true. If you live in a small country like Tuvalu and you state you birthday, uh, yeah.

I have moved to @BrowserExtension
Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

fdreerf wrote:

mtech22 wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

bigbigbigeeveefan wrote:

Unless you live in the Vatican or on some tiny remote islands, every nation as at least 10,000 people, which makes it still improbable. And I doubt anyone would book a flight just to do [CRIME] to you.
Ever heard of “identity theft”? The country narrows down who you are, not the place where people will do [CRIME] to you.

Last edited by Basic88 (Sept. 10, 2020 23:04:53)

Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

Bump

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

Basic88 wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

mtech22 wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

bigbigbigeeveefan wrote:

Ever heard of “identity theft”? The country narrows down who you are, not the place where people will do [CRIME] to you.
Ok. Say I were to steal your identity, and the only information I had was your country.
I would still have thousands or more likely millions of people to go through, so obviously I can't even have a clue of who you are, let alone steal information from you. I could say that I live in Western New York, United States, which I do, a region more specific than a country. Even then, good luck committing identity theft.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

fdreerf wrote:

I could say that I live in Western New York, United States, which I do, a region more specific than a country. Even then, good luck committing identity theft.
Tuvalu has a smaller population than Western New York. It's population, not size.

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

Basic88 wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

I could say that I live in Western New York, United States, which I do, a region more specific than a country. Even then, good luck committing identity theft.
Tuvalu has a smaller population than Western New York. It's population, not size.
That's still 11,000 people. It would be impossible to find one specific Scratch user from 11,000 people just from their country alone.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
peggysusan0xtkpiq45
Scratcher
1 post

Location not given

I saw a profile who had “NO” as their location, and some other profiles had “Location not given” I think ST patched it up last year, cause' I think it worked last year.
TapingAnimations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

I thought this was already added?!

Male | 10 Yrs Old | Catholic | Animator | Roleplayer | Marvel, FNaF, Undertale, Portal, Minecraft, Among Us Fan
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Location not given

TapingAnimations wrote:

I thought this was already added?!
No, it was something people could do with the inspect element, and it was patched.

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.