Discuss Scratch

spaceyJC
Scratcher
100+ posts

The JC Times Forum Thread

A game review by wbpx9201:
Jetpack Master
In Jetpack Master, you play as a little blue blob thing with a jetpack. The art style is retro and pixelated, made in bitmap. You can also choose the option of 2D or 3D, which only affects the spikes and walls, but is still a nice touch. The gameplay is similar to Jetpack Joyride, where you hold space to accelerate upwards, and have to avoid various obstacles and collect coins. You can also buy new jetpacks in the shop with coins. This is a very nice and polished game, so be sure to try it out.

This is for 777atscratch, one of our spell checkers to revise. Please, mark all your changes by underlining them. Please notify spaceyJC when you are done!

Last edited by spaceyJC (Oct. 23, 2013 03:15:44)

Try out my newest game! Click the image below:

Proud owner of the JC Times newspaper! Follow the links below to learn more:
Forum Thread / Studio / Latest Issue / Account
777atscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

spaceyJC wrote:

A game review by wbpx9201:
Jetpack Master
In Jetpack Master, you play as a little blue blob thing with a jetpack. The art style is retro and pixelated, made in bitmap. You can also choose the option of 2D or 3D, which only affects the spikes and walls, but is still a nice touch. The gameplay is similar to Jetpack Joyride, where you hold space to accelerate upwards, and have to avoid various obstacles and collect coins. You can also buy new jetpacks in the shop with coins. This is a very nice and polished game, so be sure to try it out.

This is for 777atscratch, one of our spell checkers to revise. Please, mark all your changes by underlining them. Please notify spaceyJC when you are done!

No SPELLING ERRORS . CHECKED !

- Be creative and think beyond.777atscratch
Don't be feared in life otherwise you can't achieve. ~ 777atscratch.
Save Scratch from Hate.

JJFABBY
Scratcher
100+ posts

JJFABBY's edits:

wbpx9201 wrote:

Ok, here's the game I chose to be featured, and I wrote a little overview of the the game. PS: Sorry it was a bit late. It also might need some edits.
Jetpack Master
In Jetpack Master, you play as a little blue blob thing with a jetpack. The art style is retro and pixelated, made in bitmap. You can also choose the option of 2D or 3D, which only affects the spikes and walls, but is still a nice touch. The gameplay is similar to Jetpack Joyride, where you hold space to accelerate upwards, and have to avoid various obstacles and collect coins. You can also Didn't seem necessary to me. buy new jetpacks in the shop with coins. This is a very nice and polished game, so be sure to try it out.

Great article! I just took out one word. It seems you've looked this over once or twice. Great job!

JJ

If you can't have it, dream it. If you can dream it, take it.

—I can proudly say I have never made a forum signature in my life.—

Waiiit a minute…
ScratOSphere
Scratcher
17 posts

1. I would like to apply for Punctuation/Spelling checker.
2. I have been using scratch for about 5 to 6 weeks.
3. 4. Everyday
4. By searching for newspaper articles.
5. Generally yes, unless the deadline is pretty much impossible.
6. Also, I hate spelling and grammar errors, so I pretty much keep my ‘internal dictionary’ up to date.

Forum Thread / Studio / Account
TECHNOMAGICK ENTERPRISES!
A brand new collab, taking a medieval style!
We are accepting new members of TechnoMagick (SOS Enterprises) collab!
spaceyJC
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratOSphere wrote:

1. I would like to apply for Punctuation/Spelling checker.
2. I have been using scratch for about 5 to 6 weeks.
3. 4. Everyday
4. By searching for newspaper articles.
5. Generally yes, unless the deadline is pretty much impossible.
6. Also, I hate spelling and grammar errors, so I pretty much keep my ‘internal dictionary’ up to date.

Thanks so much for applying! We have decided to hire you! When we get articles in I will send them to you to be checked. Make sure that you follow this forum thread so you can get updates about what's happening. Thanks again, and you are now part of The JC Times team!

wbpx9201
Scratcher
100+ posts

When is the next issue coming out?

neica
Scratcher
100+ posts

What job are your applying for? (reporter, advertiser, etc.) REPORTER
2. How long have you been using Scratch? 5 MONTHS, maybe longer
3. How much are you on Scratch? 1. Never 2. Sometimes 3. Often 4. Everyday 5. All day, everyday! OFTEN
4. How did you discover The JC Times? THROUGH A SIGNATURE
5. Do you commit to getting the content expected of you in on time with good quality and neatness? YES!!!!!! ILL TRY!
6. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Write them here.
Could I write articles on art and art related projects?
spaceyJC
Scratcher
100+ posts

neica wrote:

What job are your applying for? (reporter, advertiser, etc.) REPORTER
2. How long have you been using Scratch? 5 MONTHS, maybe longer
3. How much are you on Scratch? 1. Never 2. Sometimes 3. Often 4. Everyday 5. All day, everyday! OFTEN
4. How did you discover The JC Times? THROUGH A SIGNATURE
5. Do you commit to getting the content expected of you in on time with good quality and neatness? YES!!!!!! ILL TRY!
Could I write articles on art and art related projects?

Thanks for applying! Sorry it took so long for this reply. YOU'RE HIRED! You are now a reporter and part of The JC Times Team! You are required to submit an article every month starting this month. Yes, you may write articles relating to art projects, you can write about anything as long as it pertains to Scratch! Thanks again for replying, and I'm excited to see what you write! -spaceyJC

wbpx9201
Scratcher
100+ posts

Should I write an article on all the MMO's? With Kingdoms Rising in alpha, then Otimus coming back and the race for the first MMO beginning.

JJFABBY
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm so sorry I didn't have an article for October! My life has been filled with crazy lately. May I do 2 articles this month to make up for it?

JJ

Waiiit a minute…
spaceyJC
Scratcher
100+ posts

wbpx9201 wrote:

Should I write an article on all the MMO's? With Kingdoms Rising in alpha, then Otimus coming back and the race for the first MMO beginning.

Sure! Do whatever you feel! But I don't know what a MMO is…

JJFABBY
Scratcher
100+ posts

spaceyJC wrote:

wbpx9201 wrote:

Sure! Do whatever you feel! But I don't know what a MMO is…

Massively Multiplayer Online.

JJ

Waiiit a minute…
spaceyJC
Scratcher
100+ posts

JJFABBY wrote:

I'm so sorry I didn't have an article for October! My life has been filled with crazy lately. May I do 2 articles this month to make up for it?

I totally understand! Yes, two articles would make up for it.

JJFABBY
Scratcher
100+ posts

spaceyJC wrote:

JJFABBY wrote:

I totally understand! Yes, two articles would make up for it.

Thank you!

JJ

Waiiit a minute…
SamuelN50
New to Scratch
9 posts

1. What job are your applying for? (reporter, advertiser, etc.) Reporter
2. How long have you been using Scratch? A few days
3. How much are you on Scratch? 1. Never 2. Sometimes 3. Often 4. Everyday 5. All day, everyday! 3 Often
4. How did you discover The JC Times? Looking at the different articles
5. Do you commit to getting the content expected of you in on time with good quality and neatness? Yes!!

spaceyJC
Scratcher
100+ posts

SamuelN50 wrote:

1. What job are your applying for? (reporter, advertiser, etc.) Reporter
2. How long have you been using Scratch? A few days
3. How much are you on Scratch? 1. Never 2. Sometimes 3. Often 4. Everyday 5. All day, everyday! 3 Often
4. How did you discover The JC Times? Looking at the different articles
5. Do you commit to getting the content expected of you in on time with good quality and neatness? Yes!!

Thanks for applying! You are hired as a reporter for The JC Times! You are required to submit an article every month on this forum thread starting this month. Please like this forum thread so you can get updates. Thanks again!

c8guyj
Scratcher
15 posts

Job Application:
1. Reporter
2. More then a year
3. 4/ Everyday!
4. My good friend JJFabby!
5. I'm kinda busy, and not the best on Scratch but I will try.
6. Yeah, I get kinda busy sometimes and may not be able to do some articles. I'm also just learning how to use Scratch well. I might just do my reports verbally. So, sorry, I might not be the most frequent member, but I will do my best.
spaceyJC
Scratcher
100+ posts

c8guyj wrote:

Job Application:
1. Reporter
2. More then a year
3. 4/ Everyday!
4. My good friend JJFabby!
5. I'm kinda busy, and not the best on Scratch but I will try.
6. Yeah, I get kinda busy sometimes and may not be able to do some articles. I'm also just learning how to use Scratch well. I might just do my reports verbally. So, sorry, I might not be the most frequent member, but I will do my best.

Thanks for applying! You are accepted to be part of The JC Times team! Please follow this forum thread so you can get updates on what's going on. And I understand completely if you are unable to do some articles, because we all have our own lives outside of Scratch! As long as you really try I am fine with it. December is when you will start the “one-article-a-month” thing. Thanks again for applying, and I am excited to see what you write! To submit a written article you will just post it on this forum thread. Thanks again!

c8guyj
Scratcher
15 posts

JC, Here is my article!

C8guyj: This week Scratchers celebrated, but were sad because of the closing of the Animal Fundraiser Studio owned by iscratchy910. Curators (myself included) have done their job in the studio. The goal was to raise $120 American dollars for iscratchy's local animal shelter. It seems that the goals of the curators have been fulfilled, and congratulations to everyone in the studio (myself included again). This is c8guyj, and I am out.

Or I could say now to JJFabby or whatever, but also I could write an article about something fake just for everyone's amusement. Tell me if you like this.

C8guyj: This just in. There was a riot at the Scratch National Jail today, Scratch's most infamous criminals escaped, amongst them is the fiend whose name everyone dreads hearing, Scratchy Le Evil. Scratchy's whereabouts is unknown, but Scratchers are advised to keep caution.
wafflez360
Scratcher
5 posts

1. What job are your applying for? (reporter, advertiser, etc.) I am applying for advertiser.
2. How long have you been using Scratch? Around 5 months.
3. How much are you on Scratch? 1. Never 2. Sometimes 3. Often 4. Everyday 5. All day, everyday! I am on every day.
4. How did you discover The JC Times? Spacey JC commented on my game extreme pong with some suggestions (which helped) and I checked out her profile and I saw the JC Times and I applied for an ad.
5. Do you commit to getting the content expected of you in on time with good quality and neatness? Yes. I want to find unique, good quality, high replay-ability games to feature.
6. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Write them here. Do I have to write a description of the game? I will try to if I can, but I'm wondering if it's optional or not.

Thank you for considering me.