Discuss Scratch

LiFaytheGoblin
Forum Moderator
1000+ posts

scratchblocks

blob8108 wrote:

Lilifant7253 wrote:

But I'm not sure if we really need this.
Well, we'd like to support other languages in addition to German. So it would be nice to have.

Okay, the new plan (thanks to Hardmath123!) is to just download the correct language for the current language forum.

So English blocks will work everywhere, and if you're in the French forum, French scratchblocks will work, and so on.

Then you don't need to specify the language. Does that sound good?
That'd be great

Scratch Community Moderator • Deutsch, English, Français, Español
DACH Scratch WikiEN Scratch WikiAll Scratch WikisA Scratch Wiki in your native language

Lirex
Scratcher
500+ posts

scratchblocks

blob8108 wrote:

Lilifant7253 wrote:

But I'm not sure if we really need this.
Well, we'd like to support other languages in addition to German. So it would be nice to have.

Okay, the new plan (thanks to Hardmath123!) is to just download the correct language for the current language forum.

So English blocks will work everywhere, and if you're in the French forum, French scratchblocks will work, and so on.

Then you don't need to specify the language. Does that sound good?
Yes, sound good!

Scratch-DACH-Wiki author

;

Yay, 500+ posts! (05/25/2014)
blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchblocks

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think Hardmath123 has solved this one for me I'll set about implementing that, then.

I still might make a translator, but I can always have that as a separate project.

Note that currently you can use German scratchblocks in the non-German forums (eg. Questions about Scratch). This is *unsupported* and will stop working in the future, just to warn you. Using German scratchblocks in the “Deutsch” forum will always be fine.

Danke schön!

tosh · slowly becoming a grown-up adult and very confused about it