Discuss Scratch

IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

Please explain. I don't understand why this happened :(

I got an alert. It says…

December 7 2015 @3:55 p.m.
We removed your user icon because it is not appropriate for all ages. See the Community Guidelines for more info. Thank you. - Scratch Team

I don't understand why I got this alert because my icon was not inappropriate at all. In fact, people were saying my icon was really pretty until I got the alert…
So can somebody please explain what was wrong with my icon. It was the picture of a shadow of a girl. And it had green lightening flashing around her. Every so often, the green lightening would pull back so you could see the girl's shadow properly.
WHY DID I GET THIS ALERT, I DO NOT GET IT.

Last edited by IllusionShadow (Dec. 7, 2015 21:43:34)

IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

Somebody please answer
IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

IllusionShadow wrote:

Somebody please answer
Anybody?
random4500
Scratcher
100+ posts

IllusionShadow wrote:

I got an alert. It says…

We removed your user icon because it is not appropriate for all ages. See the Community Guidelines for more info. Thank you. - Scratch Team

I don't understand why I got this alert because my icon was not inappropriate at all. In fact, people were saying my icon was really pretty until I got the alert…
So can somebody please explain what was wrong with my icon. It was the picture of a shadow of a girl. And it had green lightening flashing around her. Every so often, the green lightening would pull back so you could see the girl's shadow properly.
I have no idea.
Edit: sorry

Last edited by random4500 (Dec. 7, 2015 21:56:22)

………………………..
IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

random4500 wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

I got an alert. It says…

I have no idea.
Does not help.
IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

Will anybody else explain to me why I got this alert?! What was wrong with my icon
gdpr533f604550b2f20900645890
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sorry, I don't know what was wrong.

Could you please stop bumping your post? I've noticed a lot of frequent posts from you. Out of courtesy, you should only bump when your topic goes to the second page, because frequent bumping really spammy and hurts the attention other topics receive. Thanks.
footsocktoe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Was it the shadow of a naked girl or the shadow of a clothed girl?

SHOOT THE SPACE MONSTERS! ….. A game everyone can play! Bright colors, bonky sounds!
THE 12 BALLS OF CRAZY AL ……. New scrolling adventure game!

IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

footsocktoe wrote:

You couldn't ready tell because it was just a black shadow…

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

Sorry, I don't know what was wrong.

Could you please stop bumping your post? I've noticed a lot of frequent posts from you. Out of courtesy, you should only bump when your topic goes to the second page, because frequent bumping really spammy and hurts the attention other topics receive. Thanks.
Sorry.
footsocktoe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

You couldn't ready tell because it was just a black shadow… .

Then you've answered your question. Redo the icon so it is clear she is dressed.

SHOOT THE SPACE MONSTERS! ….. A game everyone can play! Bright colors, bonky sounds!
THE 12 BALLS OF CRAZY AL ……. New scrolling adventure game!

IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

footsocktoe wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

Then you've answered your question. Redo the icon so it is clear she is dressed.
I don't know what that means and I don't know how to do that.
IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

Okay, everyone, it's clear no one is going to answer me in a way that makes sense, so goodbye.
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

He means that you should edit your icon so people know the girl is dressed, then put the icon back up.
IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

He means that you should edit your icon so people know the girl is dressed, then put the icon back up.
How do I edit it?
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IllusionShadow wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

How do I edit it?
I don't know. Do you have image editing software on your computer?
IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

How do I edit it?
No.
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IllusionShadow wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

How do I edit it?
No.
You can edit your icon using Scratch.
IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

How do I edit it?
No.
How
ItchyCatIII
Scratcher
500+ posts

IllusionShadow wrote:

I got an alert. It says…

I'm not sure this is the place to discuss issues related to a Scratch Team action - please use contact us in the future to contact the Scratch Team. You can access it on the bottom of every Scratch page in the footer, under the word “support”.

Anyway, the ST probably gave that alert because they thought that some aspect of your icon could be disturbing to some of the younger users on this website. I couldn't tell you for sure, and mistakes do occur, but this was likely the reason. If you wish to appeal to the alert, then please use contact us (which I gave a link to above) in order to contact the Scratch Team. Otherwise, maybe change your icon, or maybe take out anything that may be disturbing, and use contact us to ask the ST if now the icon is appropriate.

Don't you just hate when people advertise in their signatures (and raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip ones. That's just not okay).

#BringItBack
IllusionShadow
Scratcher
95 posts

IllusionShadow wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

Chibi-Matoran wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

footsocktoe wrote:

How do I edit it?
No.
How
Vector

ItchyCatIII wrote:

IllusionShadow wrote:

I got an alert. It says…

I'm not sure this is the place to discuss issues related to a Scratch Team action - please use contact us in the future to contact the Scratch Team. You can access it on the bottom of every Scratch page in the footer, under the word “support”.

Anyway, the ST probably gave that alert because they thought that some aspect of your icon could be disturbing to some of the younger users on this website. I couldn't tell you for sure, and mistakes do occur, but this was likely the reason. If you wish to appeal to the alert, then please use contact us (which I gave a link to above) in order to contact the Scratch Team. Otherwise, maybe change your icon, or maybe take out anything that may be disturbing, and use contact us to ask the ST if now the icon is appropriate.
I don't have email so I cant. Edit: I just remembered, I do have email. Okay, I will contact them. If it doesn't work, I dunno what.

Last edited by IllusionShadow (Dec. 7, 2015 22:53:16)